Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Go Russia
TNDR AT TNT ANALYZING AN ARTICLE FROM IMF I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2024 11:37 am by kenlej

» Go Russia
TNDR AT TNT ANALYZING AN ARTICLE FROM IMF I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2024 10:51 am by kenlej

» Textbook Tony
TNDR AT TNT ANALYZING AN ARTICLE FROM IMF I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2024 4:13 pm by Mission1st

» The Rockefellers and the controllers are freaking out right about now
TNDR AT TNT ANALYZING AN ARTICLE FROM IMF I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2024 11:16 am by kenlej

» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
TNDR AT TNT ANALYZING AN ARTICLE FROM IMF I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
TNDR AT TNT ANALYZING AN ARTICLE FROM IMF I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
TNDR AT TNT ANALYZING AN ARTICLE FROM IMF I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
TNDR AT TNT ANALYZING AN ARTICLE FROM IMF I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
TNDR AT TNT ANALYZING AN ARTICLE FROM IMF I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
TNDR AT TNT ANALYZING AN ARTICLE FROM IMF I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
TNDR AT TNT ANALYZING AN ARTICLE FROM IMF I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
TNDR AT TNT ANALYZING AN ARTICLE FROM IMF I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
TNDR AT TNT ANALYZING AN ARTICLE FROM IMF I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
TNDR AT TNT ANALYZING AN ARTICLE FROM IMF I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
TNDR AT TNT ANALYZING AN ARTICLE FROM IMF I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
TNDR AT TNT ANALYZING AN ARTICLE FROM IMF I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
TNDR AT TNT ANALYZING AN ARTICLE FROM IMF I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
TNDR AT TNT ANALYZING AN ARTICLE FROM IMF I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
TNDR AT TNT ANALYZING AN ARTICLE FROM IMF I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
TNDR AT TNT ANALYZING AN ARTICLE FROM IMF I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

TNDR AT TNT ANALYZING AN ARTICLE FROM IMF

4 posters

Go down

TNDR AT TNT ANALYZING AN ARTICLE FROM IMF Empty TNDR AT TNT ANALYZING AN ARTICLE FROM IMF

Post by chilimama Thu Aug 20, 2015 1:17 pm

How quickly can Iraq get reforms implemented to get the highly influential IMF to be on board with a rate change??? We hear all is done. This IMF press release says much more needs to be done, ISIS is an issue and falling oil prices are affecting their economy. There seems to be a lot to get done and we've seen them get much done in a short time. Read below.....

Source: International Monetary Fund – Press Release/Statement:
Headline: IMF Executive Board Concludes 2015 Article IV Consultation with Iraq
Press Release No. 15/382

August 18, 2015
On July 29, the Executive Board of the International Monetary Fund (IMF) concluded the 2015 Article IV consultation1 with Iraq.
Iraq is facing a double shock arising from the ISIS insurgency and the plunge in global oil prices. In 2014, real GDP contracted by 2.1 percent mainly due to the impact of the conflict, while oil production and exports increased slightly compared to 2013. This year, overall economic activity is expected to see a modest recovery of 0.5 percent thanks to oil sector expansion, while non-oil activity is expected to contract further.

The decline in oil prices has driven the decline of Iraq’s international reserves (including the Development Fund for Iraq) from $84 billion at end-2013 to $67 billion at end-2014. Fiscal pressures are intensifying, with the government deficit expected to expand from 5.3 percent of GDP last year to 18.4 percent of GDP in 2015 due to continuing weak oil prices and rising humanitarian and security spending.
The authorities have appropriately maintained the exchange rate peg. Liberalization steps taken by the Central Bank of Iraq led to a decline in the parallel market spread to less than 2 percent by end-2014. The imposition of new restrictions triggered significant market volatility and a sharply wider spread in the first months of this year, but their recent removal has helped narrow the spread back to 4 percent by July.
Medium term growth prospects remain positive, though less favorable than before the crisis. Growth will be driven by the projected ramp-up in oil production and the rebound in non-oil growth supported by the expected improvement in security and implementation of structural reform. Risks remain very high, however, arising primarily from an escalation of the conflict, political tensions, and poor policy implementation.
The Fund is supporting Iraq through a disbursement under the Rapid Financing Instrument in the amount of SDR 891.3 million ($1.242 billion), equivalent to 75 percent of quota2.

Executive Board Assessment3

Directors noted the severity of the double shock facing Iraq as a result of the continuing ISIS insurgency and the global oil price decline. The risks remain very high, emanating from an extension of the conflict, political tensions, weak policy implementation, and further shocks from oil markets. In this context, Directors noted that the steps taken by the authorities are in the right direction, but urged further determined efforts to address the large financing gap and maintain the momentum for reforms.

Directors welcomed the 2015 budget as a good step toward addressing pressures from lower oil revenues amid higher humanitarian and security spending, and commended the introduction of new revenue measures. While recognizing that the current adjustment plans may be socially and politically challenging, Directors saw a need for additional measures to help close the large financing gap and build fiscal buffers. Some Directors expressed disappointment over the delay in implementing the electricity tariff reform. In this regard, Directors welcomed the authorities’ commitment to implement the reform as soon as possible or adopt compensatory fiscal measures. They also recommended expenditure rationalization while safeguarding priority social and capital spending and making social safety nets more efficient. Directors urged the authorities to tap domestic markets and seek further external financial support, while avoiding the buildup of domestic and external arrears. Over the medium term, strengthening public financial and debt management will be crucial.

Directors noted that indirect central bank financing of the government is necessary at this juncture given the lack of other sources of financing, but stressed that this should not become a recurring source of financing. They, therefore, welcomed the authorities’ intention to firmly limit such support and clarify the terms of the related financial operations between the central bank, the state-owned banks, and the government. Directors supported the authorities’ commitment to maintain the exchange rate peg, which has served as a sound nominal anchor for Iraq. They also welcomed the steps taken to liberalize the foreign exchange market and urged the removal of remaining exchange restrictions and multiple currency practice as external conditions evolve.
Directors underscored the risks from rising tensions in the banking system arising from the impact of the crisis on the assets and activity of private banks, and the increasing role of state-owned banks in financing the government. In this regard, they welcomed the steps taken to strengthen banking supervision and the authorities’ commitment to press ahead with the restructuring of Rasheed and Rafidain banks. Directors emphasized the importance of bringing Iraq’s frameworks for combating corruption, money laundering, and terrorism financing in line with international standard and implementing them effectively.

Directors welcomed the authorities’ recognition of the need to maintain the momentum on restructuring the economy despite the current difficulties, and emphasized the importance of staying committed to reforms. They highlighted the need to diversify the economy and improve the resilience and inclusiveness of economic growth. They supported the focus on strengthening fiscal institutions, completing the transition to a market economy through further private banking sector development and state-owned enterprise restructuring, and improving the business environment, governance, and the labor market. In this context, they noted the need for Fund technical assistance in strengthening Iraq’s institutions. Recognizing the difficult circumstances, Directors agreed that a realistic implementation timeline is important, while pressing ahead with high-priority reforms. Looking ahead, a forward-looking policy framework could help the adjustment process and allow the authorities to build a track record of strong policy implementation.

http://foreignaffairs.co.nz/2015/08/19/imf-executive-board-concludes-2015-article-iv-consultation-with-iraq/ 

RESPONSES:

DKdinar

Date: 08:08 AM Aug 20, 2015
Permalink Reply Quote  Printer Friendly

Well this shouldn't be up cause tony says all is done and it's any second so this article must be a lie cause Tony Scott we are ready 

Date: 08:13 AM Aug 20, 2015

If tony said to jump off a bridge, would you? Nothing wrong with bringing in an article. 

Platinum Member

Date: 08:14 AM Aug 20, 2015

you missed highlighting this good parts... Directors supported the authorities’ commitment to maintain the exchange rate peg, which has served as a sound nominal anchor for Iraq. They also welcomed the steps taken to liberalize the foreign exchange market and urged the removal of remaining exchange restrictions and multiple currency practice as external conditions evolve.....They supported the focus on strengthening fiscal institutions, completing the transition to a market economy through further private banking sector development and state-owned enterprise restructuring,

Date: 08:28 AM Aug 20, 2015

Idk orange wanna hang out and see 

Date: 08:33 AM Aug 20, 2015

Also note the dates .... 

Date: 08:35 AM Aug 20, 2015

Thanks ok and life didn't fully read while on phone 

Date: 08:52 AM Aug 20, 2015

nice article 

Star Member

Date: 09:01 AM Aug 20, 2015

Thanks for the input 

Date: 09:27 AM Aug 20, 2015

Lol dont get upset

Date: 09:29 AM Aug 20, 2015

The IMF is very much on board with Abadi and Iraq having approved a significant significant loan to Iraq (see July 30 Press Release at the IMF site).  That the IMF is intricately aware of both the upside and downside of the Iraqi national condition only supports the temerity and wisdom of the IMF's position and approval.   

Date: 09:38 AM Aug 20, 2015

Whatever drives you, often determines how you perceive. Fear is a debilitating thing. 

Platinum Member

Date: 09:39 AM Aug 20, 2015

"Directors supported the authorities’ commitment to maintain the exchange rate peg, which has served as a sound nominal anchor for Iraq. They also welcomed the steps taken to liberalize the foreign exchange market and urged the removal of remaining exchange restrictions and multiple currency practice as external conditions evolve"

This would seem like a positive statement to me, although it may not be at the full rate we would like to see. Even at a 1:1 peg, it would help many out to exchange a little just to get buy, and hold the rest for the full implementation - JMHO 

dutchie

Date: 09:56 AM Aug 20, 2015

okrocks wrote:
you missed highlighting this good parts... Directors supported the authorities’ commitment to maintain the exchange rate peg, which has served as a sound nominal anchor for Iraq. They also welcomed the steps taken to liberalize the foreign exchange market and urged the removal of remaining exchange restrictions and multiple currency practice as external conditions evolve.....They supported the focus on strengthening fiscal institutions, completing the transition to a market economy through further private banking sector development and state-owned enterprise restructuring,

great catch and thanks OKrocks, you rock

Star Member

Date: 10:02 AM Aug 20, 2015

Yeah, it sounds like the imf supports removing the remaining currency exchange restrictions...a good move for us...I tell you what, every day there is another chink in whatever is holding up the RV. I am encouraged and highly positive. August has been a month of many tangible changes. We are close! 

sunny

Silver Member

Date: 10:03 AM Aug 20, 2015

I'd like to see someone more knowledgeable than me analyze this article.

"The decline in oil prices has driven the decline of Iraq’s international reserves (including the Development Fund for Iraq) from $84 billion at end-2013 to $67 billion at end-2014."

Isn't the bond sales, which in my understanding is to be done in Dollars, to shore up their reserves?
chilimama
chilimama
GURU HUNTER
GURU HUNTER

Back to top Go down

TNDR AT TNT ANALYZING AN ARTICLE FROM IMF Empty Re: TNDR AT TNT ANALYZING AN ARTICLE FROM IMF

Post by Ssmith Thu Aug 20, 2015 1:32 pm

Important TNT rule: 

Independent thinking is not encouraged and may result in member being banned!

>>>TNTBS's YouTube Channel<<<
Ssmith
Ssmith
GURU HUNTER
GURU HUNTER

Back to top Go down

TNDR AT TNT ANALYZING AN ARTICLE FROM IMF Empty Re: TNDR AT TNT ANALYZING AN ARTICLE FROM IMF

Post by chilimama Thu Aug 20, 2015 2:53 pm

LOL MY FAVORITE RESPONSE WAS:

orangecrush0716

Date: 08:13 AM Aug 20, 2015

If tony said to jump off a bridge, would you? Nothing wrong with bringing in an article. 

Leadership is a potent combination of strategy and character. But if you must be without one, be without the strategy. - Norman Schwarzkopf, Jr.
chilimama
chilimama
GURU HUNTER
GURU HUNTER

Back to top Go down

Post by chilimama Thu Aug 20, 2015 2:55 pm

WHATS SAD IS I BET 1/2 THE PEOPLE OVER THERE WOULD. I ALWAYS PICTURE DAVID KORESH WHEN I THINK OF TONY'S FOLLOWERS.

Leadership is a potent combination of strategy and character. But if you must be without one, be without the strategy. - Norman Schwarzkopf, Jr.
chilimama
chilimama
GURU HUNTER
GURU HUNTER

Back to top Go down

Post by dwm007 Thu Aug 20, 2015 3:32 pm

chilimama wrote:WHATS SAD IS I BET 1/2 THE PEOPLE OVER THERE WOULD. I ALWAYS PICTURE DAVID KORESH WHEN I THINK OF TONY'S FOLLOWERS.

Seriously!

That's the kind of mentality these types of people develop, evidently it's natural for some people to seek out a leader but it's incredibly sad they would look to someone like Tony.

dwm007
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevind53 Thu Aug 20, 2015 9:53 pm

Amazing how they can read an article and see something other than what is being said.

"Directors supported the authorities’ commitment to maintain the exchange rate peg, which has served as a sound nominal anchor for Iraq. They also welcomed the steps taken to liberalize the foreign exchange market and urged the removal of remaining exchange restrictions and multiple currency practice as external conditions evolve"

This would seem like a positive statement to me, although it may not be at the full rate we would like to see. Even at a 1:1 peg, it would help many out to exchange a little just to get buy, and hold the rest for the full implementation - JMHO

No, it means they support keeping things just as they are, keeping the Dinar pegged to the USD while moving gradually toward moving into the FOREX as conditions warrant eventually allowing it to float, or as the pooroos like to say about the Yuan, "decouple."

There is absolutely nothing here that would point to any upward change in value, but they will torture it until it does in their minds.

Trust but Verify --- R Reagan Suspect

"Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you."1 Thessalonians 5:14–18

TNDR AT TNT ANALYZING AN ARTICLE FROM IMF 2805820865  TNDR AT TNT ANALYZING AN ARTICLE FROM IMF 2805820865  TNDR AT TNT ANALYZING AN ARTICLE FROM IMF 2805820865  TNDR AT TNT ANALYZING AN ARTICLE FROM IMF 2805820865
Kevind53
Kevind53
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum