Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Go Russia
Memphis, Nova, My Ladies and Friends: "To Depeg or Not to Depeg?-That is the Question" I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2024 11:37 am by kenlej

» Go Russia
Memphis, Nova, My Ladies and Friends: "To Depeg or Not to Depeg?-That is the Question" I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2024 10:51 am by kenlej

» Textbook Tony
Memphis, Nova, My Ladies and Friends: "To Depeg or Not to Depeg?-That is the Question" I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2024 4:13 pm by Mission1st

» The Rockefellers and the controllers are freaking out right about now
Memphis, Nova, My Ladies and Friends: "To Depeg or Not to Depeg?-That is the Question" I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2024 11:16 am by kenlej

» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
Memphis, Nova, My Ladies and Friends: "To Depeg or Not to Depeg?-That is the Question" I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
Memphis, Nova, My Ladies and Friends: "To Depeg or Not to Depeg?-That is the Question" I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
Memphis, Nova, My Ladies and Friends: "To Depeg or Not to Depeg?-That is the Question" I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
Memphis, Nova, My Ladies and Friends: "To Depeg or Not to Depeg?-That is the Question" I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
Memphis, Nova, My Ladies and Friends: "To Depeg or Not to Depeg?-That is the Question" I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
Memphis, Nova, My Ladies and Friends: "To Depeg or Not to Depeg?-That is the Question" I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
Memphis, Nova, My Ladies and Friends: "To Depeg or Not to Depeg?-That is the Question" I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
Memphis, Nova, My Ladies and Friends: "To Depeg or Not to Depeg?-That is the Question" I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
Memphis, Nova, My Ladies and Friends: "To Depeg or Not to Depeg?-That is the Question" I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
Memphis, Nova, My Ladies and Friends: "To Depeg or Not to Depeg?-That is the Question" I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
Memphis, Nova, My Ladies and Friends: "To Depeg or Not to Depeg?-That is the Question" I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
Memphis, Nova, My Ladies and Friends: "To Depeg or Not to Depeg?-That is the Question" I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
Memphis, Nova, My Ladies and Friends: "To Depeg or Not to Depeg?-That is the Question" I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
Memphis, Nova, My Ladies and Friends: "To Depeg or Not to Depeg?-That is the Question" I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
Memphis, Nova, My Ladies and Friends: "To Depeg or Not to Depeg?-That is the Question" I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
Memphis, Nova, My Ladies and Friends: "To Depeg or Not to Depeg?-That is the Question" I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

Memphis, Nova, My Ladies and Friends: "To Depeg or Not to Depeg?-That is the Question"

3 posters

Go down

Memphis, Nova, My Ladies and Friends: "To Depeg or Not to Depeg?-That is the Question" Empty Memphis, Nova, My Ladies and Friends: "To Depeg or Not to Depeg?-That is the Question"

Post by Ponee Sun Aug 16, 2015 11:08 am

MVL:  Crazy question: Martin Armstrong  maintains that pegs don't last forever. A good example is what the Swiss did this past spring. China has let the yuan slide; what's to keep them from de-pegging from the dollar altogether, once they are using CIPS?

MEMPHIS: The actions of China this week are in fact a de-facto breaking of the USD peg.  I believe we are already witnessing it.  The answer to your Q Mike is of course: "nothing".

IMO tho an official break won't happen soon and a way to measure the timeline might be any evidence that they are further lowering their reserves in USD. 

As to Armstrong's assertion that all pegs fail?  I doubt many could explain WHY this statement is true and yet the answer is right there in front of us.  It goes back to Adam Smith's invisible hand and a basic tenant that ALWAYS holds true:

Any sovereign nation will (in the extremes) always act in it's own best interest.  This gets to the heart of why a global reserve currency can never last IF it belongs to any one nation or more to the point; to the degree that the US must act in IT'S own best interest (domestic mindset) then the world at large suffers. 

No conspiracy's at work, simply sovereign interests playing out.

The rubber band is getting tight.

MEMPHIS:  Another thought along these lines:

The press has been quite slanted on China's currency move and yet the rumors being laid out don't hold up to close scrutiny! 

Consider that the entire globe (economically of course) is contracting.  the reasons for this are many and I have spoken to them often in trying to point folks to this trend.  Given this global reality does it really seem so simple (so linear) to deduce that China did this to screw the world and boost it trade?

Such thinking can only be true to the extent that an unlimited number of buyers exist and in a world beset with deflation THAT statement is not true!

We must think deeper and harder and that hurts too much for the average "expert".  ;(

Continue to stay close to Armstrong and I promise you will stay on point and close to the truth. 

When we read that the sky is falling because China is bumping close to a 10% currency reduction we ought to drop our newspaper and begin doing what?  Asking questions!

Is this within the range of normal or "to be expected" or is it truly a case of China being divergent?  Well, how much has the Euro slid against the USD this year?  Almost 10% you say?   hmmm.  And the $A has slid 13% in 2015? 

All of these facts (and many many more) were contained within articles brought HERE this week by Princess and others.  We simply (and this is my challenge) must all see the value in these things and that comes by 1st having the questions in our mind.  (highfive)

MVL:  Thanks, Memphis. Wink I'm inclined to agree it's not a tomorrow thing for China, but possibly a ways out yet.

MY LADIES: CORRECT MEMPHIS THE SIMPLE ANSWER IS NOTHING IS STOPPING ANYONE FROM DEPEGGING.

AND MVL IN FACT THAT IS THE TOTAL PLAN WHERE EVERYONE WILL DEPEG FROM THE DOLLAR WHEN THE INDEX BECOMES THE SDR MODEL. INSTEAD OF A SIGULAR COUNTRY PEG THERE WILL BE A BASKET.

MVL: Awesome. Thanks, ML

PrincessDD:
  Depeg-To remove a previously instituted peg on a currency. For example, if Currency A is pegged to Currency B at a 1:1 ratio, but the central bank for Currency A decides to let it float, it is said to be depegged from Currency B. Depegging may occur if the peg is causing inflation or if the central bank is unable to sustain the peg for other reasons.

MEMPHIS: OK, while my 1st coat of paint dries here is one more reality regarding currency pegs. (I write this because it is a key to seeing what's playing out in China and elsewhere)

A currency peg is simply an effort to manipulate, to control, to ignore the business cycle.  More on that in a minute but we must not elevate such a thing to any high plane.  

China's central planners are unique in that they appreciate, understand, and to a large extent work within, the business cycle.  What is the business cycle?  It is that unstoppable force that cannot be ignored.  Man can (and does!) manipulate markets for a time but in the end the business cycle will always have it's way.  When we see a sudden crash or fall in financial markets we are witnessing the business cycle.....winning.

In a broad view this is what I see unfolding behind all of China's recent actions; that thing which is driving their decisions.  What we might call a bubble can be viewed as pressure; an imbalance of capital, caused by man's many manipulations and in their markets (bonds & equities) China has been PROACTIVE in allowing some of this pressure to be released.

This is consistent with long term planning and is (among other things) evidence that they are worthy of "confidence"!

And confidence does what?  haha, it is the key to everything!

Will their $ be added to the global reserve?  For the above reasons (added to the fact that theirs is the largest economy of the world) it is a certainty. 

AW:  Question.............what is the effect to the USD as more countries depeg their currencies from the USD?   Hint:........after posting this question, I remembered that NOVA has addressed this question before.

Sager:  I'll take a quick stab. Depeg as a consequence means less use. Less use is less demand, which ultimately means less value. Add the fact that the supply is huge so that doesn't help.

That's just one aspect I would think.  I'm open to be wrong and learn from this

MVL:  Learning opportunity: if the yuan is pegged to the dollar, which it is, then it also is subject to U.S. inflation, and the effects of quantitative easing. That said, times...they are a changing. The dollar is saddled with a lot of debt, and unfunded liabilities.

The yuan's future, as part of a currency basket that includes the dollar, but isn't pegged to it, appears much brighter. This is, of course, dependent upon convertibility at the IMF. The endgame for me is that I'd be better off investing in yuan-based Silk Road debt, than I would be to hold dollar-based investments in the long run. Dear Lord, don't fail me now!

I half-expect either a swat with a paper, a brush with the broom, or a punch in my nose. Just kidding...kind of. Either way, I really want to learn. God willing, I'll have the chance to put it into practice soon...and I know...I know...soon is a relative term. (nerd)

MEMPHIS:
  AW asked: what is the effect to the USD as more countries depeg their currencies from the USD?

As you've phrased this the only answer would be "no effect".  The value of a currency is not directly affected by others pegging relative to it BUT there would certainly be TRUE indicators that would shift.  Most notably...confidence.

I would reword your question and ask can and will the USD continue it's meteoric rise despite moves such as China's? 

And the answer to this lies in capital flows.  All indications are that yes, capital will continue to flow into our treasuries.  If we stop here then we can all lay our heads down and purr like kittens tonite but ...

If we then ask why? then we must get into some of the ugliness of the world!  Capital is not so much "flowing" into the USD as it is "fleeing" from other places.  We must not think that this is a marker of a strong US economy ANY MORE THAN to presume that the strong $ is in any way a good thing for our economy. 

The $ is not finished rising and as we see Europe and others continue their madness with no end yet in sight we should expect that the trend is not yet near it's end.  All of these forces are actually setting America up for the big fall.  What goes up...must come down.... (handshake)

For a mass exit of nations de-pegging from the USD as you suggested would 1st suggest that it no longer is the preferred reserve.  That day is coming but is not yet.

AW: Thanks, Memphis….. continue to think about your statement:......"As you've phrased this the only answer would be "no effect".  The value of a currency is not directly affected by others pegging relative to it BUT there would certainly be TRUE indicators that would shift.  Most notably...confidence."

MEMPHIS:  Sagar your answer touched on many of the forces that must 1st play out before the dollar's funeral can take place!’

AW: Does an increase in depeg from the $ equal a decrease in the use of the $ (as in confidence)?.........we will see.

MEMPHIS:  not so easy to answer.  it is not a linear relationship.  What might be in the best interest of nation A might not hold true for B and C. 

For example some might view a FALLING $ as a bad thing and therefore choose to move away from the peg (i.e. Switzerland)

IQD NOVA: How will there be a "Funeral For The Dollar" when the new Banking System that the BRICS have formed is Capitalized with USD and then USD is then Loaned out?

MEMPHIS; good point Nova and further evidence that this topic is not settled by one liners.  The death of the USD is not a thing that I subscribe to and has been put out there by folks who have not seen the world as a whole!

MY LADIES:  ISOLATION OF THE DOLLAR IS NOT A QUESTION OF IF, BUT MORE HOW SOON.

DEATH OF DOLLAR AND ISOLATION ARE DIFFERENT THINGS, DEATH IS NOT ABOUT TO HAPPEN

CURRENCIES DEPEGGING IS A SOON TO BE FACT..

AND THERE ARE MANY OTHER CURRENCIES ON THE HORIZON OUT SIDE THE YUAN.

CIPS AND SWIFT ARE ONE IN THE SAME ONLY DIFFERENT IN OPTIONS

AND WE CAN PEEL THESE LAYERS BACK ONE BY ONE LIKE AN ONION OR AN ARTICHOKE WHICH EVER YOU PREFER

BUT IT IS IMPORTANT TO UNDERSTAND WE NEED TO LOOK AT THINGS FROM ALL DIRECTIONS AND NOT IN A FISH BOWL

Bandito Rox:  IMF: Yuan reforms could bring China 'quite close' to floating rate

Recent changes to how China manages its currency could bring the country "quite close to a float" in its exchange rate, a top International Monetary Fund official said on Friday in a review of the country's economy.

Read the article here https://www.dinardaily.net/t46174-imf-yuan-reforms-could-bring-china-quite-close-to-floating-rate#250986

Ponee
Ponee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Memphis, Nova, My Ladies and Friends: "To Depeg or Not to Depeg?-That is the Question" Empty Re: Memphis, Nova, My Ladies and Friends: "To Depeg or Not to Depeg?-That is the Question"

Post by kenlej Sun Aug 16, 2015 12:42 pm

Wow this is the first conversation in dinar land that made any sense at all I've read BRAVO Ma Ladies and I hope everything went well for u this week Ponee   Memphis, Nova, My Ladies and Friends: "To Depeg or Not to Depeg?-That is the Question" 2218296283
kenlej
kenlej
GURU HUNTER
GURU HUNTER

Back to top Go down

Memphis, Nova, My Ladies and Friends: "To Depeg or Not to Depeg?-That is the Question" Empty Re: Memphis, Nova, My Ladies and Friends: "To Depeg or Not to Depeg?-That is the Question"

Post by Ponee Sun Aug 16, 2015 9:22 pm

Thank you @kenlej, we are still  lined up for more testing, and still waiting for some test results, But, we keep on...

Ponee
Ponee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevind53 Mon Aug 17, 2015 12:04 am

Not bad, but their basic premises are IMO wrong skewing the whole thing. First, China's currency move is not entirely voluntary, but to the extent that it is, (i.e. the government allows the devalue to happen,) is purely a competitive move on the international market. Think of it as offering a discount on their exports.

Second, the BRICS bank will not IMO have the sort of impact they hope to or that the pooroos say it will. In the global scheme of things it will be relatively small with somewhat limited resources ... I see it as more of a Chinese hissy fit because they have not gotten their way with the IMF and WB. I may be wrong, but ....

Last but certainly not least, there is not a move to isolate the dollar. It will continue to be the major reserve currency for the foreseeable future simply because no other currency has shown the stability and strength of the USD, and no other economy has shown the resilience and strength of the US.

Trust but Verify --- R Reagan Suspect

"Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you."1 Thessalonians 5:14–18

Memphis, Nova, My Ladies and Friends: "To Depeg or Not to Depeg?-That is the Question" 2805820865  Memphis, Nova, My Ladies and Friends: "To Depeg or Not to Depeg?-That is the Question" 2805820865  Memphis, Nova, My Ladies and Friends: "To Depeg or Not to Depeg?-That is the Question" 2805820865  Memphis, Nova, My Ladies and Friends: "To Depeg or Not to Depeg?-That is the Question" 2805820865
Kevind53
Kevind53
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum