Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
How Does FreeConferenceCall.com Make Money? I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
How Does FreeConferenceCall.com Make Money? I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
How Does FreeConferenceCall.com Make Money? I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
How Does FreeConferenceCall.com Make Money? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
How Does FreeConferenceCall.com Make Money? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
How Does FreeConferenceCall.com Make Money? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
How Does FreeConferenceCall.com Make Money? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
How Does FreeConferenceCall.com Make Money? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
How Does FreeConferenceCall.com Make Money? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
How Does FreeConferenceCall.com Make Money? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
How Does FreeConferenceCall.com Make Money? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
How Does FreeConferenceCall.com Make Money? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
How Does FreeConferenceCall.com Make Money? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
How Does FreeConferenceCall.com Make Money? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
How Does FreeConferenceCall.com Make Money? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
How Does FreeConferenceCall.com Make Money? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
How Does FreeConferenceCall.com Make Money? I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
How Does FreeConferenceCall.com Make Money? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
How Does FreeConferenceCall.com Make Money? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

» Dinar Daily Facebook Page
How Does FreeConferenceCall.com Make Money? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 3:34 pm by Ponee

How Does FreeConferenceCall.com Make Money?

2 posters

Go down

How Does FreeConferenceCall.com Make Money? Empty How Does FreeConferenceCall.com Make Money?

Post by RamblerNash Fri Aug 14, 2015 11:41 am

How many times have you heard TNT Tony say how long callers have been on the line? And to call in early in order to be picked for the call?

How Does FreeConferenceCall.com Make Money?

March 25, 2012 10:03am GMT-0800

I've always been surprised at how freeconferencecall.com never tries to up-sell me on monthly services. The least I'd expect is that their call recording service would come at a price, or they'd remove the "welcome to freeconferencecall.com" announcement from the greeting if I pay them something.
So how can this company afford to connect all these calls for free?
Turns out it's because they get kickbacks from rural carriers on the high carrier interconnect tariffs that the government allows them to charge.
The telecommunications act of 1996 allowed small rural phone companies to charge other larger phone companies a “termination fee” to access their lines. Basically, if you had a small phone company in Iowa or South Dakota, you could charge AT&T or Verizon when folks called into your area code. I have cell coverage via AT&T (unfortunately), so when I call a rural number in Iowa, AT&T has to pay a termination fee (which is actually billed per minute) to that provider in Iowa. The government allowed this to happen because small phone companies had high costs to throw up a line to that rural Iowa farmhouse, but they don’t make much money from it.
More traffic = More $$$! So, they had a brilliant idea!
If they can get businesses with a lot of incoming calls, like conference calling companies, they could make a lot of money. So they started cutting deals with conference call companies, phonesex lines, etc. If the termination fee at a particular location was 8 cents, they could pay a conference bridge company 4 cents per minute and still make 4 cents on the call. Conference calling is relatively cheap to setup, so these companies are able to offer free service to customers like us and still make 4 cents per minute. It’s all about using more minutes.
Source: feefighters.com
In a conversation with someone from a large telecommunications infrastructure company, I learned:
There's some pretty nasty tricks the carriers use to try and keep those fees as low as they can. Everything from blocking calls to free conference numbers, to lawsuits, to adding to your terms of service that you're not allowed to call them. Look in your terms of service for your wireless plan and you'll probably find that you're not allowed to call into conference calls with it.

http://aaronparecki.com/articles/2012/03/25/1/how-does-freeconferencecall-make-money

How Does FreeConferenceCall.com Make Money? 258310255 
>>>TNTBS's YouTube Channel<<<
RamblerNash
RamblerNash
GURU HUNTER
GURU HUNTER

Back to top Go down

How Does FreeConferenceCall.com Make Money? Empty Re: How Does FreeConferenceCall.com Make Money?

Post by Ssmith Fri Aug 14, 2015 12:45 pm

Tony talks about how many hours people stay on hold to get a chance to speak with him......  All the while knowing the longer people are on the line, the more money he's making.  Of course they never get on, because he has his paid callers already picked out.

Example from TNT chat:

rayfaulk wrote
52s ago

Still waiting to get on... this service is provided in high definition... you have been connected to your conference. We are waiting for the moderator to arrive... I hear it in my sleep...

>>>TNTBS's YouTube Channel<<<
Ssmith
Ssmith
GURU HUNTER
GURU HUNTER

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum