Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» The Rockefellers and the controllers are freaking out right about now
U.S. Congress Moving Closer To Passing IMF Reforms: Lew I_icon_minitimeToday at 11:16 am by kenlej

» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
U.S. Congress Moving Closer To Passing IMF Reforms: Lew I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
U.S. Congress Moving Closer To Passing IMF Reforms: Lew I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
U.S. Congress Moving Closer To Passing IMF Reforms: Lew I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
U.S. Congress Moving Closer To Passing IMF Reforms: Lew I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
U.S. Congress Moving Closer To Passing IMF Reforms: Lew I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
U.S. Congress Moving Closer To Passing IMF Reforms: Lew I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
U.S. Congress Moving Closer To Passing IMF Reforms: Lew I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
U.S. Congress Moving Closer To Passing IMF Reforms: Lew I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
U.S. Congress Moving Closer To Passing IMF Reforms: Lew I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
U.S. Congress Moving Closer To Passing IMF Reforms: Lew I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
U.S. Congress Moving Closer To Passing IMF Reforms: Lew I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
U.S. Congress Moving Closer To Passing IMF Reforms: Lew I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
U.S. Congress Moving Closer To Passing IMF Reforms: Lew I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
U.S. Congress Moving Closer To Passing IMF Reforms: Lew I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
U.S. Congress Moving Closer To Passing IMF Reforms: Lew I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
U.S. Congress Moving Closer To Passing IMF Reforms: Lew I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
U.S. Congress Moving Closer To Passing IMF Reforms: Lew I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
U.S. Congress Moving Closer To Passing IMF Reforms: Lew I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
U.S. Congress Moving Closer To Passing IMF Reforms: Lew I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

U.S. Congress Moving Closer To Passing IMF Reforms: Lew

2 posters

Go down

U.S. Congress Moving Closer To Passing IMF Reforms: Lew Empty U.S. Congress Moving Closer To Passing IMF Reforms: Lew

Post by Ponee Thu May 21, 2015 2:30 pm

U.S. Congress Moving Closer To Passing IMF Reforms: Lew
Reuters
May 19, 2015

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The U.S. Congress is moving closer to approving IMF reforms, and lawmakers are now trying to find the best timing and vehicle for getting the historic legislation passed, U.S. Treasury Secretary Jack Lew said on Tuesday.

U.S. foot-dragging on reforms to the institution has blocked changes meant to give more voting power to emerging economies like China and India, frustrating countries around the world.

The Obama administration supports the reforms but has been unable to persuade the U.S. Congress to pass funding changes necessary for the agreement. The United States can block the IMF reforms because it holds a controlling share of votes.

"I would tell you that the conversations are more about when and how to do it, than they are whether to do it," Lew said about his talks with lawmakers on the IMF reforms. "So I think that is a positive change in the tone of the conversations. ...

"But our intent to do it is not sufficient. Congress needs to act," he said at a conference.

Some U.S. lawmakers worry that the IMF reforms would cost too much at a time of big budget deficits in Washington. They also have criticized the IMF's efforts to help struggling economies in Europe and the risks attached to billion-dollar IMF loans to countries like Greece.

"I don't think any institution can be judged by a record where if someone can find one thing they would have done differently, it becomes the basis for reconsidering the whole purpose of the enterprise," Lew said in response to criticism of the IMF's work in Europe.

http://news.yahoo.com/u-congress-moving-closer-passing-imf-reforms-lew-143207328--business.html

Read More:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_Monetary_Fund

Ponee
Ponee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

U.S. Congress Moving Closer To Passing IMF Reforms: Lew Empty Re: U.S. Congress Moving Closer To Passing IMF Reforms: Lew

Post by TNman Thu May 21, 2015 6:15 pm

The delay in passing these reforms of reducing USA voting rights from 17.5 %, or somewhere thereabouts, is why BRICS and others came up with plan "B" to get past the US.

I suspect that the US has finally seen the writing on the wall and said let's get this done because they are going to do it with us or without us.
TNman
TNman
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum