Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Textbook Tony
World Bank Questions Iraq Currency Peg  I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2024 4:13 pm by Mission1st

» The Rockefellers and the controllers are freaking out right about now
World Bank Questions Iraq Currency Peg  I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2024 11:16 am by kenlej

» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
World Bank Questions Iraq Currency Peg  I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
World Bank Questions Iraq Currency Peg  I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
World Bank Questions Iraq Currency Peg  I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
World Bank Questions Iraq Currency Peg  I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
World Bank Questions Iraq Currency Peg  I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
World Bank Questions Iraq Currency Peg  I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
World Bank Questions Iraq Currency Peg  I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
World Bank Questions Iraq Currency Peg  I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
World Bank Questions Iraq Currency Peg  I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
World Bank Questions Iraq Currency Peg  I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
World Bank Questions Iraq Currency Peg  I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
World Bank Questions Iraq Currency Peg  I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
World Bank Questions Iraq Currency Peg  I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
World Bank Questions Iraq Currency Peg  I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
World Bank Questions Iraq Currency Peg  I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
World Bank Questions Iraq Currency Peg  I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
World Bank Questions Iraq Currency Peg  I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
World Bank Questions Iraq Currency Peg  I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

World Bank Questions Iraq Currency Peg

3 posters

Go down

World Bank Questions Iraq Currency Peg  Empty World Bank Questions Iraq Currency Peg

Post by Ponee Fri Jan 30, 2015 1:47 pm

A report published on Thursday by the World Bank focuses on the implications of low oil prices for eight developing countries — Egypt, Tunisia, Lebanon, Jordan, Iran, Iraq, Yemen and Libya — and the economies of the GCC (Gulf Cooperation Council).

The Plunging Oil Prices report questions the practice of pegging the Iraqi dinar to the US dollar, noting the that value of the dinar has been falling against the dollar in the parallel market:

Iraq pursues a policy of a de facto peg to the U.S. Dollar, and therefore monetary policy is constrained in tackling the current shock.
“The Central Bank of Iraq (CBI) had kept the Dinar steady through January 2009.
“In 2014, the nominal exchange rate in the official market remained stable against the U.S. Dollar at 1,166 IQD/1 USD, but the rate in the parallel market increased.
“The CBI has recently taken steps to simplify foreign exchange market regulations, but has not eliminated all existing exchange restrictions and the multiple currency practice.
“With the peg, fiscal policy carries the burden of macroeconomic stabilization, but in this case does not have the space to do so.

http://www.iraq-businessnews.com/2015/01/30/world-bank-questions-iraq-currency-peg/

Ponee
Ponee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

World Bank Questions Iraq Currency Peg  Empty Re: World Bank Questions Iraq Currency Peg

Post by Goldiegirl Sat Jan 31, 2015 10:38 am

Maybe the world bank should have looked into this before they gave or loaned Iraq 6 trillion dollars.

Something isn't right with all of this. The world bank is held in the USA and a Chinese guy is currently president. Wonder what back room deals are going on here.   question

Last edited by Goldiegirl on Sat Jan 31, 2015 11:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Goldiegirl
Goldiegirl
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

World Bank Questions Iraq Currency Peg  Empty Re: World Bank Questions Iraq Currency Peg

Post by Kevind53 Sat Jan 31, 2015 11:14 am

I think they are simply pointing out the difficulties of having a pegged currency. I think what we saw with the Swiss was for the same reason, although in their case they were losing value because the currency the Franc was pegged to (Euro) was losing value. In Iraq it's sort of opposite in the IQD is pegged to a currency (USD) that is stable/gaining value in a situation where theirs should be floating down somewhat. IF I understand the dynamics correctly, that could cause severe inflationary pressure in Iraq.

Trust but Verify --- R Reagan Suspect

"Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you."1 Thessalonians 5:14–18

World Bank Questions Iraq Currency Peg  2805820865  World Bank Questions Iraq Currency Peg  2805820865  World Bank Questions Iraq Currency Peg  2805820865  World Bank Questions Iraq Currency Peg  2805820865
Kevind53
Kevind53
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum