Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Carnival Rides
Finance Committee decided not to re-balance the gov/t despite the continuing decline of oil prices I_icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2024 5:03 pm by kenlej

» Go Russia
Finance Committee decided not to re-balance the gov/t despite the continuing decline of oil prices I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2024 11:37 am by kenlej

» Go Russia
Finance Committee decided not to re-balance the gov/t despite the continuing decline of oil prices I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2024 10:51 am by kenlej

» Textbook Tony
Finance Committee decided not to re-balance the gov/t despite the continuing decline of oil prices I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2024 4:13 pm by Mission1st

» The Rockefellers and the controllers are freaking out right about now
Finance Committee decided not to re-balance the gov/t despite the continuing decline of oil prices I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2024 11:16 am by kenlej

» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
Finance Committee decided not to re-balance the gov/t despite the continuing decline of oil prices I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
Finance Committee decided not to re-balance the gov/t despite the continuing decline of oil prices I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
Finance Committee decided not to re-balance the gov/t despite the continuing decline of oil prices I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
Finance Committee decided not to re-balance the gov/t despite the continuing decline of oil prices I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
Finance Committee decided not to re-balance the gov/t despite the continuing decline of oil prices I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
Finance Committee decided not to re-balance the gov/t despite the continuing decline of oil prices I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
Finance Committee decided not to re-balance the gov/t despite the continuing decline of oil prices I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
Finance Committee decided not to re-balance the gov/t despite the continuing decline of oil prices I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
Finance Committee decided not to re-balance the gov/t despite the continuing decline of oil prices I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
Finance Committee decided not to re-balance the gov/t despite the continuing decline of oil prices I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
Finance Committee decided not to re-balance the gov/t despite the continuing decline of oil prices I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
Finance Committee decided not to re-balance the gov/t despite the continuing decline of oil prices I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
Finance Committee decided not to re-balance the gov/t despite the continuing decline of oil prices I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
Finance Committee decided not to re-balance the gov/t despite the continuing decline of oil prices I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
Finance Committee decided not to re-balance the gov/t despite the continuing decline of oil prices I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

Finance Committee decided not to re-balance the gov/t despite the continuing decline of oil prices

5 posters

Go down

Finance Committee decided not to re-balance the gov/t despite the continuing decline of oil prices Empty Finance Committee decided not to re-balance the gov/t despite the continuing decline of oil prices

Post by Ponee Sat Jan 10, 2015 11:36 am

Finance Committee decided not to re-balance the gov/t despite the continuing decline of oil prices 8329753_orig
Finance Committee revealed on Saturday, it had decided at its last meeting not to return the budget to the government and to continue to discuss it in the House of Representatives in spite of the continuing decline of oil prices in the global market. A member of the Finance Committee MP Jabbar Abdul Khaliq said "the reason for delay in approving the 2015 budget is a continuous decline in the global oil market," not striking that "the stability of the House of Representatives for approving the budget, the price of a barrel of oil as soon as possible will not wait." "The country is going through an extraordinary economic circumstance at the current stage and in spite of the conviction of some that the oil price will recover, but the Finance Committee recommended against the adoption of alternatives and wait for the oil to supplement the state budget to be able to implement the programs and plans."
He said Abdul Khaliq that "allow OPEC to increase its share of Iraq's oil exports is a positive step to improve the economy", calling for "seize this ceiling to support the budget." http://goo.gl/PsvpYG

Ponee
Ponee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Finance Committee decided not to re-balance the gov/t despite the continuing decline of oil prices Empty Re: Finance Committee decided not to re-balance the gov/t despite the continuing decline of oil prices

Post by Kevind53 Sat Jan 10, 2015 12:13 pm

Well I see this as good news. They are taking things seriously and do not want to over estimate their revenues in light of the falling price of oil. Such a fall in prices is unprecedented, and they are taking the time to make sure they get it right.

Trust but Verify --- R Reagan Suspect

"Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you."1 Thessalonians 5:14–18

Finance Committee decided not to re-balance the gov/t despite the continuing decline of oil prices 2805820865  Finance Committee decided not to re-balance the gov/t despite the continuing decline of oil prices 2805820865  Finance Committee decided not to re-balance the gov/t despite the continuing decline of oil prices 2805820865  Finance Committee decided not to re-balance the gov/t despite the continuing decline of oil prices 2805820865
Kevind53
Kevind53
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Finance Committee decided not to re-balance the gov/t despite the continuing decline of oil prices Empty Re: Finance Committee decided not to re-balance the gov/t despite the continuing decline of oil prices

Post by Terbo56 Sat Jan 10, 2015 12:24 pm

I don't blame them- They've got alot riding on this-
Terbo56
Terbo56
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Cascadian Sat Jan 10, 2015 4:02 pm

I don't see this as good news at all.

First of all, they only have enough income to the budget to fund 80% of the allocated monies.  And that was at $60 bbl.  We are now under $50 bbl and dropping.  That's just less income than projected coming into the budget on top of the built in deficit.

The fact that they even talked about sending the budget back to the government for reworking is a good sign I guess.  But in the end, they decided to go ahead with a budget that does not fund the expenditures and which is losing ground by the day.

I do not doubt that at some point this year the slide in oil prices will bottom out and begin to rise.  That is unless Iraq and Russia pump more oil into the glut and keep prices low.  But to assume that the price will rise back to $60 soon, or even better, to $80 in order to cover the deficit?  That's a huge gamble at best.

But perhaps the dinarland 'common wisdom' that there is a pile of money magically just laying out there for the government to grab in funding the budget is right.

It could happen...

Cascadian
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by RoyBoy Sat Jan 10, 2015 7:02 pm

May-be Maliki will slip into his pants and give the goi some pocket change lol
RoyBoy
RoyBoy
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevind53 Sat Jan 10, 2015 8:16 pm

Taken in context of the other articles regarding the budget and finances I think they are doing the right thing. It seems like they are at least trying to anticipate revenues and adjust the budget accordingly. That is why I see it as good news. Are they low prices hurting them? Sure, they are hurting all of the producers. Only time will determine what the ultimate outcome will be. However, I will point out that all of this reveals the lie.

Trust but Verify --- R Reagan Suspect

"Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you."1 Thessalonians 5:14–18

Finance Committee decided not to re-balance the gov/t despite the continuing decline of oil prices 2805820865  Finance Committee decided not to re-balance the gov/t despite the continuing decline of oil prices 2805820865  Finance Committee decided not to re-balance the gov/t despite the continuing decline of oil prices 2805820865  Finance Committee decided not to re-balance the gov/t despite the continuing decline of oil prices 2805820865
Kevind53
Kevind53
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum