Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Go Russia
Question on PO Box Recommendation I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2024 11:37 am by kenlej

» Go Russia
Question on PO Box Recommendation I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2024 10:51 am by kenlej

» Textbook Tony
Question on PO Box Recommendation I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2024 4:13 pm by Mission1st

» The Rockefellers and the controllers are freaking out right about now
Question on PO Box Recommendation I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2024 11:16 am by kenlej

» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
Question on PO Box Recommendation I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
Question on PO Box Recommendation I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
Question on PO Box Recommendation I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
Question on PO Box Recommendation I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
Question on PO Box Recommendation I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
Question on PO Box Recommendation I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
Question on PO Box Recommendation I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
Question on PO Box Recommendation I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
Question on PO Box Recommendation I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
Question on PO Box Recommendation I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
Question on PO Box Recommendation I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
Question on PO Box Recommendation I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
Question on PO Box Recommendation I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
Question on PO Box Recommendation I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
Question on PO Box Recommendation I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
Question on PO Box Recommendation I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

Question on PO Box Recommendation

+7
TDHSC
Miss Green Jeans
Amarao
Freedom4me
ZTRAVLR2011
squirrel
pygmalyn
11 posters

Go down

Question on PO Box Recommendation Empty Question on PO Box Recommendation

Post by pygmalyn Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:38 pm

Can someone help me understand the whole P.O. Box thing?

I am assuming that the bank or cash-in place would require a copy of a Driver's License... which
carries your home address on it...

Sometimes, they PHOTOCOPY the Driver's License...

So... exactly HOW is a PO Box going to prevent these people from getting a home address?
pygmalyn
pygmalyn

Back to top Go down

Question on PO Box Recommendation Empty Re: Question on PO Box Recommendation

Post by squirrel Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:05 pm

They only want a drivers license as a means of ID with photo because of Patriot Act. Use your passport instead. It has a photo and no address if I remember correctly. I need to get mine out and verify.

squirrel

Back to top Go down

Post by ZTRAVLR2011 Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:08 pm

NOPE NO ADDRESS ON MY PASSPORT
ZTRAVLR2011
ZTRAVLR2011

Back to top Go down

Post by Freedom4me Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:10 pm

Sorry but passports have far more info on them. They have the strip that can be read quite easily.

Freedom4me

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarao Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:11 pm

Obviously I'm new here. So what's the purpose of this P.O. Box?

Amarao

Back to top Go down

Post by ZTRAVLR2011 Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:13 pm

SO NO ONE CAN TRACK YOU TO YOUR HOME VIA ANY DINAR DEALING.
ZTRAVLR2011
ZTRAVLR2011

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss Green Jeans Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:14 pm

Amarao wrote:Obviously I'm new here. So what's the purpose of this P.O. Box?

It's for anonymity purposes. So people can't trace where you live and come knocking on your door for money, or to steal things from you once you've cashed in.

Miss Green Jeans

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarao Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:14 pm

Is this a concern for tax purposes or are you suggesting something more nefarious?

Amarao

Back to top Go down

Post by ZTRAVLR2011 Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:14 pm

Sorry but passports have far more info on them. They have the strip that can be read quite easily.

DO THEY HAVE PASSPORT READERS AT THE BANK THO?
ZTRAVLR2011
ZTRAVLR2011

Back to top Go down

Post by squirrel Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:15 pm

Thanks, ZTRAVLR2011! Freedom4me...pygmalyn was asking about photocopy. Can a strip be read via a photocopy? Does anyone have the answer to that?

squirrel

Back to top Go down

Post by ZTRAVLR2011 Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:15 pm

THATS IT MISS GREEN JEANS
ZTRAVLR2011
ZTRAVLR2011

Back to top Go down

Post by ZTRAVLR2011 Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:16 pm

I THINK IT IS MAGNETIC STRIP, NOT SURE IF COPIER CAN READ THAT. WELCOME SQUIRREL

ZTRAVLR2011
ZTRAVLR2011

Back to top Go down

Question on PO Box Recommendation Empty re: passport

Post by pygmalyn Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:17 pm

Guess I'm going to have to go get a passport - quickly!
pygmalyn
pygmalyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarao Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:18 pm

I can understand the concern, but you can't ship dinar to a P.O. Box, at least from the sellers I've seen. So how's that work?

Amarao

Back to top Go down

Post by pygmalyn Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:21 pm

Amarao wrote:I can understand the concern, but you can't ship dinar to a P.O. Box, at least from the sellers I've seen. So how's that work?

Amarao - it's about cashing in, not purchasing... when you go to cash in...

Bulldog75 wrote: I AM GETTING PM'S ABOUT HOME ADDRESS; THE GREATEST SAFETY ADVICE RIGHT NOW IS TO SIT STILL. DO NOTHING EXCEPT GET A TENATIVE PO BOX FOR BANK MAILINGS. DO NOT USE YOUR HOME ADDRESS FOR ANYTHING RELATED TO YOUR CURRENCY INVESTMENTS. OVER 12 BANK/IRS/UST EMPLOYEES WILL SEE YOUR CASHINS FOR DAYS TO COME. THAT INFO CAN BE COMPROMISED IMMEDIATELY. TAKE URGENT CAUTION AND WE REPEAT DO NOT USE YOUR HOME ADDRESS UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES FOR IQD TRANSACTIONS!!!

So, the way I understand it then... we are to use the PO Box to change the address(es) on our accounts... and
I've also read elsewhere... to change the owner information on property records in the Tax Assessor / County Registrar's office also...

Last edited by pygmalyn on Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
pygmalyn
pygmalyn

Back to top Go down

Post by squirrel Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:22 pm

Amarao wrote:I can understand the concern, but you can't ship dinar to a P.O. Box, at least from the sellers I've seen. So how's that work?

True. I believe it's mainly for post RV to have a PO box for LLC, trusts, bank statements, etc.

squirrel

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarao Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:23 pm

Thanks, so as not to thread jack, is there a thread that explains cashing out in detail?

Amarao

Back to top Go down

Question on PO Box Recommendation Empty re: PO Box for cash-in

Post by pygmalyn Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:25 pm

squirrel wrote:True. I believe it's mainly for post RV to have a PO box for LLC, trusts, bank statements, etc.

I got the impression from Bulldog75... that there is also some kind of paperwork associated w/ Cash-in...
not sure exactly how it will work... but if it's on the account, and the account info is passed along to the IRS/UST etc. that makes sense.

Last edited by pygmalyn on Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
pygmalyn
pygmalyn

Back to top Go down

Post by pygmalyn Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:27 pm

Amarao wrote:Thanks, so as not to thread jack, is there a thread that explains cashing out in detail?

Not yet... I guess that will be forthcoming as people post their experiences and what they learned...

Also... what do you want to bet that this will be a 'trial-as-you-go' for the banks and foreign exchanges as well?
pygmalyn
pygmalyn

Back to top Go down

Post by squirrel Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:30 pm

pygmalyn wrote:
squirrel wrote:True. I believe it's mainly for post RV to have a PO box for LLC, trusts, bank statements, etc.

I got the impression from Bulldog75... that there is also some kind of paperwork associated w/ Cash-in...
not sure exactly how it will work... but if it's on the account, and the account info is passed along to the IRS/UST etc. that makes sense.

The IRS is going to know your home address anyway because of yearly tax returns. The cashing in part? I'm not sure on that. I'm going to give a PO box anyway for that. I bought my dinar from dealers and they know my home address because the dinar couldn't be shipped to a PO box address. So I don't know how that is going to work either.

squirrel

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarao Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:35 pm

I'm not so sure about that. I was just at the bank today and they have a person on shift who handles foreign currency exchange. So long as they have a quote it shouldn't be too difficult for them, I expect the issue will be how many people show up to do this and how much cash will be leaving the bank.

Even if the bank said that they would mail you a check and you gave them a P.O. Box, the IRS would still know it belonged to you once they subpoenaed the physical owner of the box. Then they have a copy of your photo I.D., and that should be enough to figure out who you are. As far as preventing any random bank employee from knowing where you live, then yes it makes sense.

Amarao

Back to top Go down

Post by TDHSC Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:19 pm

The bank has your Social Security Number on file attached to the account. The Address is just where they send a monthly statement if you haven't gone paperless. Any transaction of $10,000 or more is reported to the IRS BY NAME AND SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER. If a business, then by business name and EIN.

Address doesn't mean squat to the IRS - they can find you if they want to.

By the way - Dinar can be sent to a PO Box. If you tell the dealer to use USPS and not FedEx or United Parcel or one of the other delivery services. Obviously FedEx or UPS cannot deliver to a PO Box. But the United States Postal Service can. I've done it via Currency Vault. Whoops can I say that?

TDHSC

Back to top Go down

Post by therealbutterfly Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:50 pm

A PO box has NOTHING to do with the IRS and avoiding taxes or anything like that. Its about personal security. Plain and simple
therealbutterfly
therealbutterfly
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by SunDigger Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:15 am

Re: Photocopy of magnetic strip.
The electronic/magnetic strip cannot be read from a photocopy. It doesn't reproduce anything magnetic or electronic. Strip has to be read by particular "readers." A picture of a strip doesn't have the magnetized particles or electrons from a strip. Not to worry if it is only a "photo" copy.

Last edited by SunDigger on Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:20 am; edited 1 time in total

SunDigger

Back to top Go down

Question on PO Box Recommendation Empty get and read the book "how to be invisible" by Luna

Post by jjhall Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:17 am

po boxes are not really gonna save u read luna he explains why po boxes are not really going to keep u from harm's way, and importantly luna offers better solutions.

contact me here if u want more info

jjhall

Back to top Go down

Post by EddieB Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:16 am

pygmalyn wrote:

The only known form at cash in is for amounts in excess of $10,000 FINCEN104 (Look it up .... you can download a pdf version off the internet). On this form it has your name address & ss# along with how much Dinar you are cashing in, the rate & equivalent US dollars you are receiving. There is no information requested as to when, where or how much you paid for your dinar (historical cost).

This form is a US Treasury form for the "sole" purpose of tracking money laundering. It is NOT a specific IRS spot reporting form nor are there any annual IRS tax reportings required by tax law by banks or any other money changers.

Hope this helps.
EddieB
EddieB

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum