Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Carnival Rides
Enorrste says that  Iraq could begin the float any time after the beginning of the new year, as the CBI has stated its intention. I_icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2024 5:03 pm by kenlej

» Go Russia
Enorrste says that  Iraq could begin the float any time after the beginning of the new year, as the CBI has stated its intention. I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2024 11:37 am by kenlej

» Go Russia
Enorrste says that  Iraq could begin the float any time after the beginning of the new year, as the CBI has stated its intention. I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2024 10:51 am by kenlej

» Textbook Tony
Enorrste says that  Iraq could begin the float any time after the beginning of the new year, as the CBI has stated its intention. I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2024 4:13 pm by Mission1st

» The Rockefellers and the controllers are freaking out right about now
Enorrste says that  Iraq could begin the float any time after the beginning of the new year, as the CBI has stated its intention. I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2024 11:16 am by kenlej

» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
Enorrste says that  Iraq could begin the float any time after the beginning of the new year, as the CBI has stated its intention. I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
Enorrste says that  Iraq could begin the float any time after the beginning of the new year, as the CBI has stated its intention. I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
Enorrste says that  Iraq could begin the float any time after the beginning of the new year, as the CBI has stated its intention. I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
Enorrste says that  Iraq could begin the float any time after the beginning of the new year, as the CBI has stated its intention. I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
Enorrste says that  Iraq could begin the float any time after the beginning of the new year, as the CBI has stated its intention. I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
Enorrste says that  Iraq could begin the float any time after the beginning of the new year, as the CBI has stated its intention. I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
Enorrste says that  Iraq could begin the float any time after the beginning of the new year, as the CBI has stated its intention. I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
Enorrste says that  Iraq could begin the float any time after the beginning of the new year, as the CBI has stated its intention. I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
Enorrste says that  Iraq could begin the float any time after the beginning of the new year, as the CBI has stated its intention. I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
Enorrste says that  Iraq could begin the float any time after the beginning of the new year, as the CBI has stated its intention. I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
Enorrste says that  Iraq could begin the float any time after the beginning of the new year, as the CBI has stated its intention. I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
Enorrste says that  Iraq could begin the float any time after the beginning of the new year, as the CBI has stated its intention. I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
Enorrste says that  Iraq could begin the float any time after the beginning of the new year, as the CBI has stated its intention. I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
Enorrste says that  Iraq could begin the float any time after the beginning of the new year, as the CBI has stated its intention. I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
Enorrste says that  Iraq could begin the float any time after the beginning of the new year, as the CBI has stated its intention. I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

Enorrste says that Iraq could begin the float any time after the beginning of the new year, as the CBI has stated its intention.

2 posters

Go down

Enorrste says that  Iraq could begin the float any time after the beginning of the new year, as the CBI has stated its intention. Empty Enorrste says that Iraq could begin the float any time after the beginning of the new year, as the CBI has stated its intention.

Post by Ponee Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:44 am

Enorrste   Article:  "Statement at the End of an IMF Mission on Iraq"    The article...makes it clear that the decision to release some of the reserves was made by the CBI in concert with the GOI to fund the deficit.  It is speculation to say that Maliki and/or Turki were behind this, since we do not know when the funds were released.  In any case, the fact that this came out in an officially recognized IMF article implies to me that the release was on the "up and up" as far as the IMF was concerned.  In other words, the IMF didn't mention anything "fishy" in the reduction of reserves and, furthermore, didn't even make a comment about the fall in reserves.  Therefore, I do not believe this is an issue with respect to the future of our investment.

At the same time, ...KAP [Guru Kaperoni] he made it clear that the IMF will require that the street rate and official rate be within 2% for at least 90 days prior to a move to Article VIII.  Whether that means that the country wouldn't begin the float is open to question.  The float decision is Iraq's to make as a sovereign country.  This has been made amply clear in previous articles. We are therefore left with some speculation:  Iraq could begin the float any time after the beginning of the new year, as the CBI has stated its intention.  OR, they could wait until March when they will have, theoretically, been at 2% for 90 days or more, and, presumably, begin the float with the move to Article VIII.  

However, I do not see a direct connection between Article VIII and the beginning of the float other than that the float could not be initiated AFTER moving to Article VIII.  I do believe that the float could begin PRIOR to movement to Article VIII.  I have predicted, based on the articles only and not on any specific evidence, that I believe the float will be initiated shortly after the new year.  I see no reason in this article to change my position.   I just got to thinking that entering Article VIII isn't necessarily directly connected to the value of the dinar.  Of course the dinar would have to be tradable in order to move to Article VIII, but that does not mean that the two have to happen at the same time.  Also...a free float will bring the official rate and the street rate together overnight.

Ponee
Ponee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Enorrste says that  Iraq could begin the float any time after the beginning of the new year, as the CBI has stated its intention. Empty Re: Enorrste says that Iraq could begin the float any time after the beginning of the new year, as the CBI has stated its intention.

Post by Kevind53 Wed Dec 10, 2014 11:08 am

Wow talk about doubletalk and circular arguments ...

Trust but Verify --- R Reagan Suspect

"Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you."1 Thessalonians 5:14–18

Enorrste says that  Iraq could begin the float any time after the beginning of the new year, as the CBI has stated its intention. 2805820865  Enorrste says that  Iraq could begin the float any time after the beginning of the new year, as the CBI has stated its intention. 2805820865  Enorrste says that  Iraq could begin the float any time after the beginning of the new year, as the CBI has stated its intention. 2805820865  Enorrste says that  Iraq could begin the float any time after the beginning of the new year, as the CBI has stated its intention. 2805820865
Kevind53
Kevind53
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum