Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Carnival Rides
Iraq faces budget cuts I_icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2024 5:03 pm by kenlej

» Go Russia
Iraq faces budget cuts I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2024 11:37 am by kenlej

» Go Russia
Iraq faces budget cuts I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2024 10:51 am by kenlej

» Textbook Tony
Iraq faces budget cuts I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2024 4:13 pm by Mission1st

» The Rockefellers and the controllers are freaking out right about now
Iraq faces budget cuts I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2024 11:16 am by kenlej

» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
Iraq faces budget cuts I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
Iraq faces budget cuts I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
Iraq faces budget cuts I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
Iraq faces budget cuts I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
Iraq faces budget cuts I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
Iraq faces budget cuts I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
Iraq faces budget cuts I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
Iraq faces budget cuts I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
Iraq faces budget cuts I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
Iraq faces budget cuts I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
Iraq faces budget cuts I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
Iraq faces budget cuts I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
Iraq faces budget cuts I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
Iraq faces budget cuts I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
Iraq faces budget cuts I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

Iraq faces budget cuts

Go down

Iraq faces budget cuts Empty Iraq faces budget cuts

Post by Kevind53 Thu Dec 04, 2014 12:25 pm

Author Omar al-Jaffal Posted December 2, 2014
Translator(s)Pascale el Khoury

Sana al-Khafaji, an employee in Iraq’s Ministry of Construction and Housing, was surprised by the $100 deduction from her monthly salary paid by the Iraqi government, following news about an expected government austerity plan to be adopted by Haider al-Abadi’s government to reduce the waste of public funds and compensate for the substantial expenditures of the previous government.

The state of austerity that Iraq is about to face is also caused by a drop in crude oil prices and the multifront war against the Islamic State (IS) in several provinces north and west of Baghdad.

In an interview with Al-Monitor, Khafaji predicted an [even] higher salary deduction. “This is what we hear every day,” she said, but the deduction from her salary was made on the amount received as a bonus and not from her fixed basic income.

Rumors are being spread across Iraq that the continuation of the war on IS will surely lead to a salary deduction of government officials who make up around 4 million public employees. This will also result in a hiring freeze of new employees.

However, the economic adviser to Prime Minister Haider al-Abadi, Mazhar Mohammed Saleh, denied any knowledge of salary cuts of civil servants in the ministries.

Saleh told Al-Monitor, “The implementation of an austerity plan will not be easy to interpret and we cannot foretell the situation in a short period.”

The news relayed by Saleh confirmed that the upcoming austerity plan will not affect the salaries of state employees. “Austerity measures will not affect the salaries of government employees, the army and police security forces and the popular mobilization forces,” he said.

Saleh, who was newly appointed to his position, said that the government will reprioritize its expenses as it now faces low oil prices and the war with IS.

The drop of the price of oil to $77.83 per barrel was accompanied by increased spending on the war led by the Iraqi government against the extremist organization that took over one-third of the country.

The International Monetary Fund expected in October that Iraq's economy would witness a 2.7% recession this year due to IS’ expansion, which may be the first recession witnessed in the country since its occupation by US forces in 2003.

Saleh, however, downplayed the matter, and said, “Iraq is not witnessing real austerity measures but the government is cutting down the waste of money in its operating and investment budgets.”

Iraq's parliament has yet to approve the general budget for 2014 following a diverging dispute between the political blocs, in particular the prominent dispute over oil exports between the central government and Iraqi Kurdistan.

For his part, Ahmed Hama Rashid, a Kurdish member of parliament and member of the Iraqi parliamentary finance committee, denied the implementation of austerity measures in Iraq. He told Al-Monitor over the phone, “Implementing austerity measures must be discussed in parliament and the government has not yet called for such talks.”

However, Rashid said, “The finance committee will call for discussing the austerity plan in the coming weeks." He refrained from stating the amount allocated to defense spending out of discretion, but hinted that the cost may trouble the economic situation in the country.

He asserted that any austerity plans would not include the salaries of ordinary government employees, stressing that the plan must include the salaries of the three presidencies — the president of the republic, the prime minister and the head of parliament.

http://www.al-monitor.com/pulse/originals/2014/12/iraq-austerity-measures-war.html#ixzz3Kx0yQ7A5

Trust but Verify --- R Reagan Suspect

"Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you."1 Thessalonians 5:14–18

Iraq faces budget cuts 2805820865  Iraq faces budget cuts 2805820865  Iraq faces budget cuts 2805820865  Iraq faces budget cuts 2805820865
Kevind53
Kevind53
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum