Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» The Rockefellers and the controllers are freaking out right about now
If You Think Dollar Is Strong, Yuan Is Stronger I_icon_minitimeToday at 11:16 am by kenlej

» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
If You Think Dollar Is Strong, Yuan Is Stronger I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
If You Think Dollar Is Strong, Yuan Is Stronger I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
If You Think Dollar Is Strong, Yuan Is Stronger I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
If You Think Dollar Is Strong, Yuan Is Stronger I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
If You Think Dollar Is Strong, Yuan Is Stronger I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
If You Think Dollar Is Strong, Yuan Is Stronger I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
If You Think Dollar Is Strong, Yuan Is Stronger I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
If You Think Dollar Is Strong, Yuan Is Stronger I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
If You Think Dollar Is Strong, Yuan Is Stronger I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
If You Think Dollar Is Strong, Yuan Is Stronger I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
If You Think Dollar Is Strong, Yuan Is Stronger I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
If You Think Dollar Is Strong, Yuan Is Stronger I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
If You Think Dollar Is Strong, Yuan Is Stronger I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
If You Think Dollar Is Strong, Yuan Is Stronger I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
If You Think Dollar Is Strong, Yuan Is Stronger I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
If You Think Dollar Is Strong, Yuan Is Stronger I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
If You Think Dollar Is Strong, Yuan Is Stronger I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
If You Think Dollar Is Strong, Yuan Is Stronger I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
If You Think Dollar Is Strong, Yuan Is Stronger I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

If You Think Dollar Is Strong, Yuan Is Stronger

Go down

If You Think Dollar Is Strong, Yuan Is Stronger Empty If You Think Dollar Is Strong, Yuan Is Stronger

Post by Ponee Wed Nov 12, 2014 1:30 pm

With more monetary easing from the European Central Bank and the Bank of Japan, the U.S. dollar has gone progressively stronger – except when it compares to yuan. Since June, the Chinese currency has gained about 2% recently trading at 6.13 per dollar offshore.

And there is political consideration that the yuan can go stronger.

“China has a broader agenda, involving economic reform and rebalancing, which sets it apart from the other countries involved in the currency war,” wrote HSBC economist Paul Mackel and team. From the new “Silk Road” project, to free-trade agreement with Korea, or the Hong Kong Shanghai Connect, Beijing has an incentive to see yuan as a reserve currency – which means it can’t slide yuan like yen.

Interestingly, as the APEC meets this week, the People’s Bank of China yesterday raised its yuan reference rate by the most since 2010 when Beijing essentially removed the peg, observed Bloomberg.

Today, Hong Kong scrapped the daily limit (20,000 yuan, or $3260) on the amount of yuan its residents can buy. Hong Kong residents have in the past converted their salaries in Hong Kong dollar, which are pegged to the U.S. dollar, to yuan to hedge against the imported inflation from mainland China. The U.S. dollar “points edged slightly lower following the HKMA’s regulatory change, as the market takes the measure as being more supportive for offshore RMB funding,” wrote HSBC.

With a stronger yuan, who can gain? As Chinese feel richer and itch to go abroad, the most obvious beneficiary would be travel agencies and airlines with more overseas exposure, such as Ctrip.com (CTRP) or China Eastern Airlines (CEA). Oh by the way, Chinese tourists may be coming to America in large droves, now that the U.S. has relaxed visa restrictions on Chinese citizens. Ctrip jumped 4% upon the news.

In the last three months, the WisdomTree Chinese Yuan Fund (CYB) rose 0.7%, the iShares China Large Cap ETF (FXI) lost 3.8% and the iShares MSCI China ETF (MCHI) fell 4%.

http://blogs.barrons.com/asiastocks/2014/11/12/if-you-think-dollar-is-strong-yuan-is-stronger/

Ponee
Ponee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum