Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Carnival Rides
Emirates’ First Female Fighter Pilot Led Mission in Syria I_icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2024 5:03 pm by kenlej

» Go Russia
Emirates’ First Female Fighter Pilot Led Mission in Syria I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2024 11:37 am by kenlej

» Go Russia
Emirates’ First Female Fighter Pilot Led Mission in Syria I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2024 10:51 am by kenlej

» Textbook Tony
Emirates’ First Female Fighter Pilot Led Mission in Syria I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2024 4:13 pm by Mission1st

» The Rockefellers and the controllers are freaking out right about now
Emirates’ First Female Fighter Pilot Led Mission in Syria I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2024 11:16 am by kenlej

» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
Emirates’ First Female Fighter Pilot Led Mission in Syria I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
Emirates’ First Female Fighter Pilot Led Mission in Syria I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
Emirates’ First Female Fighter Pilot Led Mission in Syria I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
Emirates’ First Female Fighter Pilot Led Mission in Syria I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
Emirates’ First Female Fighter Pilot Led Mission in Syria I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
Emirates’ First Female Fighter Pilot Led Mission in Syria I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
Emirates’ First Female Fighter Pilot Led Mission in Syria I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
Emirates’ First Female Fighter Pilot Led Mission in Syria I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
Emirates’ First Female Fighter Pilot Led Mission in Syria I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
Emirates’ First Female Fighter Pilot Led Mission in Syria I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
Emirates’ First Female Fighter Pilot Led Mission in Syria I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
Emirates’ First Female Fighter Pilot Led Mission in Syria I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
Emirates’ First Female Fighter Pilot Led Mission in Syria I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
Emirates’ First Female Fighter Pilot Led Mission in Syria I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
Emirates’ First Female Fighter Pilot Led Mission in Syria I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

Emirates’ First Female Fighter Pilot Led Mission in Syria

2 posters

Go down

Emirates’ First Female Fighter Pilot Led Mission in Syria Empty Emirates’ First Female Fighter Pilot Led Mission in Syria

Post by Kevind53 Thu Sep 25, 2014 8:32 pm

Emirates’ First Female Fighter Pilot Led Mission in Syria Bada10
For the rest of the story ....
By KAREN ZRAICKSEPT. 25, 2014
When fighter jets from the United Arab Emirates took part in airstrikes against the Islamic State in Syria on Monday night, the mission was led by a woman, the country’s ambassador to the United States said Thursday morning.

The pilot, Maj. Mariam Al Mansouri, was among the first women to graduate from the Emirates’ air force academy after it began to admit women, and became the nation’s first female fighter pilot.

“She is a fully qualified, highly trained, combat-ready pilot, and she led the mission,” the ambassador, Yousef Al Otaiba, said on the MSNBC program “Morning Joe.”

When American tanker-jet pilots contacted the flight to arrange for midair refueling, Mr. Otaiba said, they paused for about 20 seconds after hearing a woman’s voice in reply.

While women do face barriers in the conservative Islamic society of the United Arab Emirates, Mr. Otaiba said the debate over the role of women in society showed a crucial difference in the divergent visions of moderates and extremists in the Muslim world.

“I think it’s important for us moderate Arabs, moderate Muslims, to step up and say this is a threat against us,” Mr. Otaiba said of the Islamic State, also known as ISIS or ISIL.

The United States-led coalition that mounted airstrikes against the Islamic State on Syrian territory this week includes the United Arab Emirates, Bahrain, Qatar, Saudi Arabia and Jordan. On Thursday, coalition aircraft struck 12 small oil refineries controlled by the Islamic State, Pentagon officials said.

Major Mansouri, 35, was profiled in The National, an Abu Dhabi newspaper, in June. She said she wanted to become a pilot since high school, but had to wait until women were permitted. She earned an undergraduate degree in English literature and worked for the armed forces in other capacities.

She graduated from Khalifa bin Zayed Air College in 2007, the newspaper reported. She now flies the Block 60 model of the American-built F-16 fighter jet.

In the newspaper profile, the major offered some advice for women who wanted to follow in her footsteps: “Be prepared, as it is a time- and effort-consuming field that requires a great deal of passion.”

Trust but Verify --- R Reagan Suspect

"Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you."1 Thessalonians 5:14–18

Emirates’ First Female Fighter Pilot Led Mission in Syria 2805820865  Emirates’ First Female Fighter Pilot Led Mission in Syria 2805820865  Emirates’ First Female Fighter Pilot Led Mission in Syria 2805820865  Emirates’ First Female Fighter Pilot Led Mission in Syria 2805820865
Kevind53
Kevind53
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Emirates’ First Female Fighter Pilot Led Mission in Syria Empty Re: Emirates’ First Female Fighter Pilot Led Mission in Syria

Post by Guest Thu Sep 25, 2014 9:52 pm

Way to go, Major Miriam.. May God bless you and hold you in the cup of His hands.. as you are the pioneer for muslim women to pilot a jetfighter Smile

Back to top Go down

Emirates’ First Female Fighter Pilot Led Mission in Syria Empty Re: Emirates’ First Female Fighter Pilot Led Mission in Syria

Post by Kevind53 Thu Sep 25, 2014 10:19 pm

The best part .... apparently the IS/Al-Qaeda types believe that if they are killed by a woman they won't get their 72 virgins in paradise ... Think how many virgins she has spared ...

:okjh: :winky winky: Emirates’ First Female Fighter Pilot Led Mission in Syria 2218296283

"Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you."1 Thessalonians 5:14–18

Emirates’ First Female Fighter Pilot Led Mission in Syria 2805820865  Emirates’ First Female Fighter Pilot Led Mission in Syria 2805820865  Emirates’ First Female Fighter Pilot Led Mission in Syria 2805820865  Emirates’ First Female Fighter Pilot Led Mission in Syria 2805820865
Kevind53
Kevind53
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 25, 2014 10:46 pm

Kevin Smile 

LOL.... The virgins are doing happy dance Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by dinarstar Thu Sep 25, 2014 11:21 pm

She's obviously a very dedicated professional, and assuming she is of the Muslim Faith, a very brave one indeed. Certainly a remarkable woman in all respects. I hope she is commended both as a professional and as an individual for this selfless act of heroism. Remember, she lives in a place where others could quite easily do her and her family harm, it's amazing, and so so brave. Good job Major!!

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It's the courage to continue that counts."
Winston Churchill
(1874-1965)
hug

dinarstar
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevind53 Fri Sep 26, 2014 9:03 am

You are correct dinarstar ... from what I have read elsewhere she has been disowned by her family for what she has done. Regardless I have a lot of admiration for her. She certainly appears to be all woman, but she has more guts than most men ...

Kevind53
Kevind53
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum