Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
OBAMA LOSING THE LIBERAL PRESS: BRILLIANT PIECE BY MAUREEN DOWD SKEWERS PRESIDENT PUTZ  I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 10, 2024 5:58 am by RamblerNash

» CBD Vape Cartridges
OBAMA LOSING THE LIBERAL PRESS: BRILLIANT PIECE BY MAUREEN DOWD SKEWERS PRESIDENT PUTZ  I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
OBAMA LOSING THE LIBERAL PRESS: BRILLIANT PIECE BY MAUREEN DOWD SKEWERS PRESIDENT PUTZ  I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
OBAMA LOSING THE LIBERAL PRESS: BRILLIANT PIECE BY MAUREEN DOWD SKEWERS PRESIDENT PUTZ  I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
OBAMA LOSING THE LIBERAL PRESS: BRILLIANT PIECE BY MAUREEN DOWD SKEWERS PRESIDENT PUTZ  I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
OBAMA LOSING THE LIBERAL PRESS: BRILLIANT PIECE BY MAUREEN DOWD SKEWERS PRESIDENT PUTZ  I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
OBAMA LOSING THE LIBERAL PRESS: BRILLIANT PIECE BY MAUREEN DOWD SKEWERS PRESIDENT PUTZ  I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
OBAMA LOSING THE LIBERAL PRESS: BRILLIANT PIECE BY MAUREEN DOWD SKEWERS PRESIDENT PUTZ  I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
OBAMA LOSING THE LIBERAL PRESS: BRILLIANT PIECE BY MAUREEN DOWD SKEWERS PRESIDENT PUTZ  I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
OBAMA LOSING THE LIBERAL PRESS: BRILLIANT PIECE BY MAUREEN DOWD SKEWERS PRESIDENT PUTZ  I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
OBAMA LOSING THE LIBERAL PRESS: BRILLIANT PIECE BY MAUREEN DOWD SKEWERS PRESIDENT PUTZ  I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
OBAMA LOSING THE LIBERAL PRESS: BRILLIANT PIECE BY MAUREEN DOWD SKEWERS PRESIDENT PUTZ  I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
OBAMA LOSING THE LIBERAL PRESS: BRILLIANT PIECE BY MAUREEN DOWD SKEWERS PRESIDENT PUTZ  I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
OBAMA LOSING THE LIBERAL PRESS: BRILLIANT PIECE BY MAUREEN DOWD SKEWERS PRESIDENT PUTZ  I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
OBAMA LOSING THE LIBERAL PRESS: BRILLIANT PIECE BY MAUREEN DOWD SKEWERS PRESIDENT PUTZ  I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

» Dinar Daily Facebook Page
OBAMA LOSING THE LIBERAL PRESS: BRILLIANT PIECE BY MAUREEN DOWD SKEWERS PRESIDENT PUTZ  I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 3:34 pm by Ponee

» The Fundamentals of Finance and Pimpy Live
OBAMA LOSING THE LIBERAL PRESS: BRILLIANT PIECE BY MAUREEN DOWD SKEWERS PRESIDENT PUTZ  I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 18, 2024 7:17 am by Dinarhater

» Why Won't the Iraqi Dinar Scam Die?
OBAMA LOSING THE LIBERAL PRESS: BRILLIANT PIECE BY MAUREEN DOWD SKEWERS PRESIDENT PUTZ  I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 17, 2024 5:19 pm by RamblerNash

» Frat President Charged With Stealing $267K to Buy Worthless Iraqi Dinars
OBAMA LOSING THE LIBERAL PRESS: BRILLIANT PIECE BY MAUREEN DOWD SKEWERS PRESIDENT PUTZ  I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 17, 2024 5:05 pm by RamblerNash

» Fact Check: NO Record 'Quantum Financial System' Exists Beyond Claims In Videos, Online Articles
OBAMA LOSING THE LIBERAL PRESS: BRILLIANT PIECE BY MAUREEN DOWD SKEWERS PRESIDENT PUTZ  I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 15, 2024 6:15 pm by RamblerNash

OBAMA LOSING THE LIBERAL PRESS: BRILLIANT PIECE BY MAUREEN DOWD SKEWERS PRESIDENT PUTZ

Go down

OBAMA LOSING THE LIBERAL PRESS: BRILLIANT PIECE BY MAUREEN DOWD SKEWERS PRESIDENT PUTZ  Empty OBAMA LOSING THE LIBERAL PRESS: BRILLIANT PIECE BY MAUREEN DOWD SKEWERS PRESIDENT PUTZ

Post by Ponee Mon Sep 01, 2014 12:29 pm

OBAMA LOSING THE LIBERAL PRESS: BRILLIANT PIECE BY MAUREEN DOWD SKEWERS PRESIDENT PUTZ

Published: 25 August 2014.
 1 Comment

You know you're losing the people when none other than Maureen Dowd of The New York Times pens a scathing piece on your failed presidency. But first, let's review the activities Obama spent time participating in over his vacation. If his first term was lots of golf, his second is totally out of control. If I didn't know better I'd think he uses golf as an escape from his duties as prez...Ya think? He's closing in on 200 rounds but it's really not the high number, it's the fact that Americans have seen no improvement in just about every area of government. It's one thing to be a golf obsessed president but entirely another to be such a failure...

If you're wondering what activity Obama did the most on his Martha's Vineyard vacation...Here ya go:

How Pres Obama spent his Martha’s Vineyard vacation
-All or part of 15 days
-9 rounds of golf
-2 beach visits
-9 foreign leader phone calls
-1 Dem fundraiser
-3 on-camera statements: Iraq; Iraq & Ferguson; ISIL execution of American.
-6 nights out: 4 dinners, 1 jazz show, 1 birthday party.
-1 family bike ride
-2 hikes
Via CBS News’ Mark Knoller

THE GOLF ADDRESS - Maureen Dowd

FORE! Score? And seven trillion rounds ago, our forecaddies brought forth on this continent a new playground, conceived by Robert Trent Jones, and dedicated to the proposition that all men are created equal when it comes to spending as much time on the links as possible — even when it seems totally inappropriate, like moments after making a solemn statement condemning the grisly murder of a 40-year-old American journalist beheaded by ISIL.

I know reporters didn’t get a chance to ask questions, but I had to bounce. I had a 1 p.m. tee time at Vineyard Golf Club with Alonzo Mourning and a part-owner of the Boston Celtics. Hillary and I agreed when we partied with Vernon Jordan up here, hanging out with celebrities and rich folks is fun.

Now we are engaged in a great civil divide in Ferguson, which does not even have a golf course, and that’s why I had a “logistical” issue with going there. We are testing whether that community, or any community so conceived and so dedicated, can long endure when the nation’s leader wants nothing more than to sink a birdie putt.
We are met on a great field of that battle, not Augusta, not Pebble Beach, not Bethpage Black, not Burning Tree, but Farm Neck Golf Club in Martha’s Vineyard, which we can’t get enough of — me, Alonzo, Ray Allen and Marvin Nicholson, my trip director and favorite golfing partner who has played 134 rounds and counting with me.
We have to dedicate a portion of that field as a final resting place for my presidency, if I keep swinging from behind.

Yet it is altogether fitting and proper that I should get to play as much golf as I want, despite all the lame jokes about how golf is turning into “a real handicap” for my presidency and how I have to “stay the course” with ISIL. I’ve heard all the carping that I should be in the Situation Room droning and plinking the bad folks. I know some people think I should go to Ferguson. Don’t they understand that I’ve delegated the Martin Luther King Jr. thing to Eric Holder? Plus, Valerie Jarrett and Al Sharpton have it under control.

I know it doesn’t look good to have pictures of me grinning in a golf cart juxtaposed with ones of James Foley’s parents crying, and a distraught David Cameron rushing back from his vacation after only one day, and the Pentagon news conference with Chuck Hagel and General Dempsey on the failed mission to rescue the hostages in Syria.

We’re stuck in the rough, going to war all over again in Iraq and maybe striking Syria, too. Every time Chuck says ISIL is “beyond anything we’ve ever seen,” I sprout seven more gray hairs. But my cool golf caps cover them. If only I could just play through the rest of my presidency.

ISIL brutally killing hostages because we won’t pay ransoms, rumbles of coups with our puppets in Iraq and Afghanistan, the racial caldron in Ferguson, the Ebola outbreak, the Putin freakout — there’s enough awful stuff going on to give anyone the yips.

So how can you blame me for wanting to unwind on the course or for five hours at dinner with my former assistant chef? He’s a great organic cook, and he’s got a gluten-free backyard putting green.

But, in a larger sense, we can dedicate, we can consecrate, we can hallow this ground where I can get away from my wife, my mother-in-law, Uncle Joe, Congress and all the other hazards in my life.

The brave foursomes, living and dead, who struggled here in the sand, in the trees, in the water, have consecrated it, far above our poor power to add or subtract a few strokes to improve our score. Bill Clinton was Mr. Mulligan, and he is twice at popular as I am.
The world will little note, nor long remember, what we shot here, or why I haven’t invited a bunch of tiresome congressmen to tee it up. I’m trying to relax, guys. So I’d much rather stay in the bunker with my usual bros.

Why don’t you play 18 with Mitch McConnell? And John Boehner is a lot better than me, so I don’t want to play with him.

It is for us, the duffers, rather, to be dedicated here to the unfinished work which they who played here have thus far so nobly advanced to get young folks to stop spurning a game they find slow and boring.

It is rather for us to be here dedicated to the great task remaining before us of getting rid of our slice on the public’s dime — that from this honored green we take increased devotion to that cause for which Bobby Jones, Jack Nicklaus, Tiger Woods and Rory McIlroy gave their last full measure of devotion — and divots.

We here highly resolve that these golfing greats shall not have competed in vain, especially poor Tiger, and that this nation, under par, shall have a new birth of freedom to play the game that I have become unnaturally obsessed with, and that golf of the people, by the people, for the people shall not perish from the earth.

So help me Golf.
http://100percentfedup.com/news/2107-my-summer-vacation-golf-golf-golf
Ponee
Ponee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum