Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
Sept 2nd BAIL IN -- DEBUNKED - Confirmed I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 10, 2024 5:58 am by RamblerNash

» CBD Vape Cartridges
Sept 2nd BAIL IN -- DEBUNKED - Confirmed I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
Sept 2nd BAIL IN -- DEBUNKED - Confirmed I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
Sept 2nd BAIL IN -- DEBUNKED - Confirmed I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
Sept 2nd BAIL IN -- DEBUNKED - Confirmed I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
Sept 2nd BAIL IN -- DEBUNKED - Confirmed I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
Sept 2nd BAIL IN -- DEBUNKED - Confirmed I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
Sept 2nd BAIL IN -- DEBUNKED - Confirmed I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
Sept 2nd BAIL IN -- DEBUNKED - Confirmed I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
Sept 2nd BAIL IN -- DEBUNKED - Confirmed I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
Sept 2nd BAIL IN -- DEBUNKED - Confirmed I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
Sept 2nd BAIL IN -- DEBUNKED - Confirmed I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
Sept 2nd BAIL IN -- DEBUNKED - Confirmed I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
Sept 2nd BAIL IN -- DEBUNKED - Confirmed I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
Sept 2nd BAIL IN -- DEBUNKED - Confirmed I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

» Dinar Daily Facebook Page
Sept 2nd BAIL IN -- DEBUNKED - Confirmed I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 3:34 pm by Ponee

» The Fundamentals of Finance and Pimpy Live
Sept 2nd BAIL IN -- DEBUNKED - Confirmed I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 18, 2024 7:17 am by Dinarhater

» Why Won't the Iraqi Dinar Scam Die?
Sept 2nd BAIL IN -- DEBUNKED - Confirmed I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 17, 2024 5:19 pm by RamblerNash

» Frat President Charged With Stealing $267K to Buy Worthless Iraqi Dinars
Sept 2nd BAIL IN -- DEBUNKED - Confirmed I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 17, 2024 5:05 pm by RamblerNash

» Fact Check: NO Record 'Quantum Financial System' Exists Beyond Claims In Videos, Online Articles
Sept 2nd BAIL IN -- DEBUNKED - Confirmed I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 15, 2024 6:15 pm by RamblerNash

Sept 2nd BAIL IN -- DEBUNKED - Confirmed

3 posters

Go down

Sept 2nd BAIL IN -- DEBUNKED - Confirmed Empty Sept 2nd BAIL IN -- DEBUNKED - Confirmed

Post by Ponee Thu Aug 21, 2014 5:06 pm

Sept 2nd BAIL IN -- DEBUNKED - Confirmed BvlzxfUIYAAH3g9

Ponee
Ponee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Sept 2nd BAIL IN -- DEBUNKED - Confirmed Empty G20 Edging Towards 'Bail-In' Global Banking Reform Deal By Reuters

Post by Kevind53 Thu Aug 21, 2014 7:11 pm

Here is the article in question:

8/21/14 at 5:47 AM

Government leaders are expected to agree in November that the world's top banks must issue special bonds to increase the amount of capital which can be tapped in a crisis instead of calling on taxpayers to come to the rescue, industry and G20 officials said.

The bonds, known as "gone concern loss absorption capacity" or GLAC, are seen by regulators as essential to stopping the world's 29 biggest lenders from being "too big to fail".

The plans are being drafted by the Financial Stability Board, the regulatory task force of the Group of 20 economies which declined to comment ahead of a G20 summit in November, when G20 leaders will discuss the reform before it is put out to public consultation.

Newsweek Magazine is Back In Print

The reform would put in place the final major piece of G20 regulation on banking as the global body turns to a "post-crisis" agenda of fostering economic growth and bedding down the rules it has approved.

There had been unease in Asia and parts of Europe over how big the bond issues need to be to provide this cushion but there is now a new optimism amongst bankers and regulators that the G20 will reach a deal in November.

"The industry is definitely in favor of making resolution, supported by an appropriately flexible concept of GLAC, work. That is the key pending aspect on ending too-big-to-fail," said Andres Portilla, director of regulatory affairs at the Institute of International Finance, a Washington-based banking and insurance lobby.

"What is likely to happen is that there will be a consultative proposal, but without all the detail that a lot of people would like," Portilla added.

However, a G20 source said a deal was not only expected but would also be more detailed than some parties anticipate, which is essential for conducting a thorough impact assessment before finalizing the rules.

"The authorities and the FSB are working to have a proposal that will contain sufficient granularity of numbers to be a meaningful consultation and quantitative impact study to calibrate the final rule," the source said.

Top banks expect they will have to hold GLAC bond capital equivalent to about 10 percent of their risk-weighted assets on top of their core capital buffers which currently stand at around 10 percent. But they hope for some leeway if they can show that they can already be wound down smoothly in a crisis because of simplified structures.

The G20 source poured cold water on this, saying regulators believe all the world's top 29 banks earmarked for tougher supervision will need a significant cushion of such so-called "bail-in" bonds for some time to show they can be shut without public aid.

Regulators ultimately want to price bank debt better and end the cheaper funding that too-big-to-fail banks enjoy because markets assume governments would never allow them to collapse.

END OF HEAVY LIFTING

Efforts by the authorities so far are having an impact.

"We have been lowering our systemic support assumptions for banks or changing their outlooks to 'negative' to reflect the ongoing effort by governments to try to eliminate that support," said Johannes Wassenberg, managing director of banking at Moody’s credit rating agency in Europe.

In May, Moody's lowered its outlook to 'negative' on more than 80 banks in the European Union after the bloc approved a law requiring banks to hold a buffer of potential bail-in debt like GLAC.

"Adopting GLAC is the final chapter in reforming the condition of banks," said Thomas Huertas, a former UK banks supervisor and now a regulatory consultant with EY.

The plans for bail-in bonds are among the last of what G20 officials call the "heavy lifting" on banking industry reforms that came in the aftermath of the financial crisis.

With much of the work on defining how to make banking safer completed, the G20's focus will shift to implementation of its rules and behavior at banks after lenders were fined for rigging the Libor interest rate benchmark, with similar allegations in the currency markets now emerging.

"After dealing with too big to fail, the next big section for the G20 is conduct and there will be a shift in attention to that issue," Huertas said.

http://www.newsweek.com/g20-edging-towards-banking-reform-deal-266050

Trust but Verify --- R Reagan Suspect

"Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you."1 Thessalonians 5:14–18

Sept 2nd BAIL IN -- DEBUNKED - Confirmed 2805820865  Sept 2nd BAIL IN -- DEBUNKED - Confirmed 2805820865  Sept 2nd BAIL IN -- DEBUNKED - Confirmed 2805820865  Sept 2nd BAIL IN -- DEBUNKED - Confirmed 2805820865
Kevind53
Kevind53
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Sept 2nd BAIL IN -- DEBUNKED - Confirmed Empty Re: Sept 2nd BAIL IN -- DEBUNKED - Confirmed

Post by Kevind53 Thu Aug 21, 2014 7:11 pm

Hopefully this puts to bed all the bail in scare crap that's been circulating for a couple of days.

Trust but Verify --- R Reagan Suspect

"Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you."1 Thessalonians 5:14–18

Sept 2nd BAIL IN -- DEBUNKED - Confirmed 2805820865  Sept 2nd BAIL IN -- DEBUNKED - Confirmed 2805820865  Sept 2nd BAIL IN -- DEBUNKED - Confirmed 2805820865  Sept 2nd BAIL IN -- DEBUNKED - Confirmed 2805820865
Kevind53
Kevind53
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Sept 2nd BAIL IN -- DEBUNKED - Confirmed Empty Re: Sept 2nd BAIL IN -- DEBUNKED - Confirmed

Post by Ssmith Fri Aug 22, 2014 7:43 am

There's still a good number over at TNT that still discount this confirmation with the same comments made whenever someone says there is no RV; the teller doesn't know anything, what they've been told to say, evil cabal, etc.

>>>TNTBS's YouTube Channel<<<
Ssmith
Ssmith
GURU HUNTER
GURU HUNTER

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum