Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» The Rockefellers and the controllers are freaking out right about now
The Value of Pennies I_icon_minitimeToday at 11:16 am by kenlej

» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
The Value of Pennies I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
The Value of Pennies I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
The Value of Pennies I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
The Value of Pennies I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
The Value of Pennies I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
The Value of Pennies I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
The Value of Pennies I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
The Value of Pennies I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
The Value of Pennies I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
The Value of Pennies I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
The Value of Pennies I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
The Value of Pennies I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
The Value of Pennies I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
The Value of Pennies I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
The Value of Pennies I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
The Value of Pennies I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
The Value of Pennies I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
The Value of Pennies I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
The Value of Pennies I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

The Value of Pennies

2 posters

Go down

The Value of Pennies Empty The Value of Pennies

Post by Ponee Sat Aug 09, 2014 8:46 pm

The Value of Pennies

R. Anthony Ministries

David therefore departed thence, and escaped to the cave Adullam: and when his brethren and all his father's house heard it, they went down thither to him. And every one that was in distress, and every one that was in debt, and every one that was discontented, gathered themselves unto him; and he became a captain over them: and there were with him about four hundred men. (1 Sam 22:1-2) KJV

The Value of Pennies Simdif_0x167e68f0

Steve Sjogren is the pastor of a Vineyard in Cincinnati, Ohio. One Monday morning he was feeling particularly discouraged and announced to his wife Janie, "I'm quitting the ministry! And this time I mean it." Janie had heard this kind of talk before so she suggested, "Why don't you go for a drive and think things through? Usually that helps when you're stressed out. And while you're out, could you be a sweetheart and pick me up a burrito?"

Steve drove around for about an hour, complaining to the Lord the whole time. Finally, he was in the fast-food drive-thru to pick up Janie's burrito when he sensed the Lord speaking to him. He is very careful to say, he did not hear an audible voice ... nothing came over the drive-thru speaker. In a subtle, quiet way he sensed the Lord impressing this message on his heart, "If you open your door I will give you a gift." Even though he felt silly, Steve figured he had nothing to lose, so he opened the car door, looked down and saw embedded in the asphalt, a tarnished penny. This is what he wrote about the experience:

"I reached down to pry out the coin and held it in my hand feeling less than thankful for this 'gift.' The Lord spoke to me again: 'Many people in this city feel about as valuable as discarded pennies. I've given you the gift of gathering people who seem valueless. Though these are the people that the world casts off, they have great value to me. If you will open your heart, I will bring you more pennies than you know what to do with."
He learned a great lesson and founded a great ministry.

King David went through a similar learning experience as we read in the scriptures above. David was in distress at Saul’s pursuit to destroy David. When he arrives at the cave Adullam, his only hope would be these broken and undesirable men of society. Those cast aside as nobodies. If David was going to accomplish the will of God he was going to have to use those who were considered valueless. I wonder if we have become guilty of preconceived notions of where true value lies. We value what people can offer us instead of what they can offer the Kingdom of God. What seems to be of little worth is probably of greater significance.

Have we cast off those who seem to be less needful for those who can offer US something? If they look wealthy, we seek their favor. If, they look important, we seek their acceptance.What about those who can offer you NOTHING? The individual, whose benefit is something more valuable than earthly treasures. We must remember that God sees through a different lens, and He expects us to see through that lens also!

And the eye cannot say unto the hand, I have no need of thee: nor again the head to the feet, I have no need of you. Nay, much more those members of the body, which seem to be more feeble, are necessary: (1 Cor 12:21-22) KJV

http://richa.simdif.com/daily_reading_2.html

Ponee
Ponee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

The Value of Pennies Empty Re: The Value of Pennies

Post by littlesam Sat Aug 09, 2014 9:02 pm

Thank You for Sharing this Ponee... Smile
littlesam
littlesam
VIP Member