Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» The Rockefellers and the controllers are freaking out right about now
House Republicans vote to sue Obama over healthcare law  I_icon_minitimeToday at 11:16 am by kenlej

» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
House Republicans vote to sue Obama over healthcare law  I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
House Republicans vote to sue Obama over healthcare law  I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
House Republicans vote to sue Obama over healthcare law  I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
House Republicans vote to sue Obama over healthcare law  I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
House Republicans vote to sue Obama over healthcare law  I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
House Republicans vote to sue Obama over healthcare law  I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
House Republicans vote to sue Obama over healthcare law  I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
House Republicans vote to sue Obama over healthcare law  I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
House Republicans vote to sue Obama over healthcare law  I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
House Republicans vote to sue Obama over healthcare law  I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
House Republicans vote to sue Obama over healthcare law  I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
House Republicans vote to sue Obama over healthcare law  I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
House Republicans vote to sue Obama over healthcare law  I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
House Republicans vote to sue Obama over healthcare law  I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
House Republicans vote to sue Obama over healthcare law  I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
House Republicans vote to sue Obama over healthcare law  I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
House Republicans vote to sue Obama over healthcare law  I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
House Republicans vote to sue Obama over healthcare law  I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
House Republicans vote to sue Obama over healthcare law  I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

House Republicans vote to sue Obama over healthcare law

3 posters

Go down

House Republicans vote to sue Obama over healthcare law  Empty House Republicans vote to sue Obama over healthcare law

Post by Ponee Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:41 pm

House Republicans vote to sue Obama over healthcare law

6:03 p.m. CDT, July 30, 2014

WASHINGTON—
The Republican-led U.S. House of Representatives on Wednesday cleared the way for the launch of a lawsuit accusing President Barack Obama of overstepping his authority in carrying out his signature healthcare law.

The 225-201 vote, along party lines, to authorize the suit will allow House lawyers to draft legal documents over a five-week summer recess starting on Friday.

The planned lawsuit is expected to generate months of bitter campaign rhetoric from both Republicans and Democrats ahead of November elections that will determine the political control of Congress next year.

The suit is expected to claim that Obama, a Democrat, exceeded his executive authority in making unilateral changes to the Affordable Care Act, known as Obamacare.

Republicans argue that by delaying some healthcare coverage mandates and granting various waivers, he bypassed Congress in violation of the U.S. Constitution.

Republicans have complained about other unilateral actions that Obama has taken to advance his agenda, from executive orders on immigration policy to same-sex partner benefits.

But they have narrowly focused the suit on the healthcare law because "it is the option most likely to clear the legal hurdles necessary to succeed," said Republican Representative Pete Sessions of Texas, who chairs the House Rules Committee.
"This administration has effectively rewritten the law without following the constitutional process," Sessions added.

Democrats have slammed the lawsuit effort as a politically motivated waste of taxpayer resources while Congress has failed to act on other pressing issues including emergency funding to deal with a flood of migrant children.

"This is a veiled attempt at impeaching the president," said Democratic Representative Sheila Jackson-Lee of Texas.

The planned lawsuit is expected to generate months of bitter campaign rhetoric from both Republicans and Democrats ahead of November elections that will determine the political control of Congress next year.

The suit is expected to claim that Obama, a Democrat, exceeded his executive authority in making unilateral changes to the Affordable Care Act, known as Obamacare.
Republicans argue that by delaying some healthcare coverage mandates and granting various waivers, he bypassed Congress in violation of the U.S. Constitution.
Republicans have complained about other unilateral actions that Obama has taken to advance his agenda, from executive orders on immigration policy to same-sex partner benefits.

But they have narrowly focused the suit on the healthcare law because "it is the option most likely to clear the legal hurdles necessary to succeed," said Republican Representative Pete Sessions of Texas, who chairs the House Rules Committee.
"This administration has effectively rewritten the law without following the constitutional process," Sessions added.

Democrats have slammed the lawsuit effort as a politically motivated waste of taxpayer resources while Congress has failed to act on other pressing issues including emergency funding to deal with a flood of migrant children.

"This is a veiled attempt at impeaching the president," said Democratic Representative Sheila Jackson-Lee of Texas.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/chi-house-approves-obama-lawsuit-20140730,0,4255357.story
Ponee
Ponee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

House Republicans vote to sue Obama over healthcare law  Empty Re: House Republicans vote to sue Obama over healthcare law

Post by Kevind53 Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:37 pm

Gee .. that was totally unexpected .... NOT!

Trust but Verify --- R Reagan Suspect

"Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you."1 Thessalonians 5:14–18

House Republicans vote to sue Obama over healthcare law  2805820865  House Republicans vote to sue Obama over healthcare law  2805820865  House Republicans vote to sue Obama over healthcare law  2805820865  House Republicans vote to sue Obama over healthcare law  2805820865
Kevind53
Kevind53
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

House Republicans vote to sue Obama over healthcare law  Empty Re: House Republicans vote to sue Obama over healthcare law

Post by Billyg Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:38 pm

The suit is expected to claim that Obama, a Democrat, exceeded his executive authority..........IF it ever would get anywhere, the POTUS would just sign another executive order declaring he is not guilty and that you can not do him anything. Must have humor!
Billyg
Billyg
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum