Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» The Rockefellers and the controllers are freaking out right about now
The future of the country’s currency, the Iraqi dinar I_icon_minitimeToday at 11:16 am by kenlej

» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
The future of the country’s currency, the Iraqi dinar I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
The future of the country’s currency, the Iraqi dinar I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
The future of the country’s currency, the Iraqi dinar I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
The future of the country’s currency, the Iraqi dinar I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
The future of the country’s currency, the Iraqi dinar I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
The future of the country’s currency, the Iraqi dinar I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
The future of the country’s currency, the Iraqi dinar I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
The future of the country’s currency, the Iraqi dinar I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
The future of the country’s currency, the Iraqi dinar I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
The future of the country’s currency, the Iraqi dinar I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
The future of the country’s currency, the Iraqi dinar I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
The future of the country’s currency, the Iraqi dinar I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
The future of the country’s currency, the Iraqi dinar I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
The future of the country’s currency, the Iraqi dinar I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
The future of the country’s currency, the Iraqi dinar I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
The future of the country’s currency, the Iraqi dinar I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
The future of the country’s currency, the Iraqi dinar I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
The future of the country’s currency, the Iraqi dinar I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
The future of the country’s currency, the Iraqi dinar I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

The future of the country’s currency, the Iraqi dinar

Go down

The future of the country’s currency, the Iraqi dinar Empty The future of the country’s currency, the Iraqi dinar

Post by clayf Sat Jul 26, 2014 1:11 pm

Following the insurgency by ISIS/ISIL, and the declaration of a ‘caliphate‘ to be known as the Islamic State (IS), we have seen an increase in enquiries to Iraq Business News regarding the future of the country’s currency, the Iraqi dinar (IQD).

These enquiries typically come from people who have been persuaded to speculate on the currency by buying Iraqi banknotes, often in the hope of a stratospheric returns.
Many of these people, who like to think of themselves as ‘investors’ rather than speculators, genuinely expect to make a thousand-fold return on their money, and therefore are not concerned about the very wide spread between the current buy and sell prices, which can make this a very lucrative trade for currency dealers.

For those who promote the idea that the Iraqi dinar will revalue (or ‘RV‘, as they term it) to 1,000 times its current price, the increase in terrorist activity has several implications.

On one hand, it makes it more difficult to argue that Iraq is on the road to recovery, making the ‘Big RV‘ a more difficult sell. But on the other hand, it provides a useful explanation for why a revaluation, which they have been claiming was imminent for several years, will not occur any time soon. As a result, they can save face and extend the life of their business model. Meanwhile, others have argued that revaluing its currency would provide the Iraqi state with the strength it needs to fight the insurgents.

With regard to the questions we are frequently asked, Iraq Business News is not in a position to give investment advice, and we strongly suggest that people get independent financial advice before putting any money at risk.

We have, however, published several articles on the subject over the past years, for the benefit of those readers who have in interest in the subject. These articles have often created heated debate, as it seems that many people have an emotional attachment to their positions. A small selection of these articles includes:

• 7 Questions for Dinar Speculators;
  • Iraqi Dinar Revaluation Enthusiasts are Unaware of Bernie Madoff’s Fame; and,
  • Redenomination and the Spinal Tap fallacy.

clayf
clayf
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum