Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Go Russia
Rebuilding this economy is up to us. Please read. I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2024 11:37 am by kenlej

» Go Russia
Rebuilding this economy is up to us. Please read. I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2024 10:51 am by kenlej

» Textbook Tony
Rebuilding this economy is up to us. Please read. I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2024 4:13 pm by Mission1st

» The Rockefellers and the controllers are freaking out right about now
Rebuilding this economy is up to us. Please read. I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2024 11:16 am by kenlej

» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
Rebuilding this economy is up to us. Please read. I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
Rebuilding this economy is up to us. Please read. I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
Rebuilding this economy is up to us. Please read. I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
Rebuilding this economy is up to us. Please read. I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
Rebuilding this economy is up to us. Please read. I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
Rebuilding this economy is up to us. Please read. I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
Rebuilding this economy is up to us. Please read. I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
Rebuilding this economy is up to us. Please read. I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
Rebuilding this economy is up to us. Please read. I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
Rebuilding this economy is up to us. Please read. I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
Rebuilding this economy is up to us. Please read. I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
Rebuilding this economy is up to us. Please read. I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
Rebuilding this economy is up to us. Please read. I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
Rebuilding this economy is up to us. Please read. I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
Rebuilding this economy is up to us. Please read. I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
Rebuilding this economy is up to us. Please read. I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

Rebuilding this economy is up to us. Please read.

+7
15Dinar
jaglover
jubalation
dojiman
Alchemist
justicar
otterman
11 posters

Go down

Rebuilding this economy is up to us. Please read. Empty Rebuilding this economy is up to us. Please read.

Post by otterman Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:04 pm

Did y'all see Diane Sawyer's special report? They removed ALL items from a typical, middle class family's home that were not made in the USA .

There was hardly anything left besides the kitchen sink. Literally. During the special they showed truckloads of items - USA made - being brought in to replace everything and talked about how to find these items and the difference in price etc..

It was interesting that Diane said if every American spent just $64 more than normal on USA made items this year, it would create something like
200,000 new jobs!

I WAS BUYING FOOD THE OTHER DAY AT WALMART and ON THE LABEL OF SOME PRODUCTS IT SAID 'FROM CHINA '

FOR EXAMPLE THE "OUR FAMILY" BRAND OF THE MANDARIN ORANGES SAYS RIGHT ON THE CAN 'FROM CHINA '

I WAS SHOCKED SO FOR A FEW MORE CENTS I BOUGHT THE LIBERTY GOLD BRAND OR THE DOLE SINCE IT'S FROM CALIF.

Are we Americans as dumb as we appear --- or --- is it that we just do not think. The Chinese, knowingly and intentionally, export inferior and even toxic products and dangerous toys and goods to be sold in American markets.

70% of Americans believe that the trading privileges afforded to the Chinese should be suspended.

Why do you need the government to suspend trading privileges? DO IT YOURSELF, AMERICA !!

Simply look on the bottom of every product you buy, and if it says 'Made in China ' or 'PRC' (and that now includes Hong Kong ), simply choose another product, or none at all. You will be amazed at how dependent you are on Chinese products, and you will be equally amazed at what you can do without.

Who needs plastic eggs to celebrate Easter? If you must have eggs, use real ones and benefit some American farmer. Easter is just an example. The point is do not wait for the government to act. Just go ahead and assume control on your own.

THINK ABOUT THIS: If 200 million Americans each refuse to buy just $20 of Chinese goods, that's a billion dollar trade imbalance resolved in our favor...fast!!

Most of the people who have been reading about this matter are planning on implementing this on Aug. 1st and continue it until Sept. 1st. That is only one month of trading losses, but it will hit the Chinese for 1/12th of the total, or 8%, of their American exports. Then they might have to ask themselves if the benefits of their arrogance and lawlessness were worth it.

Remember, August 1st to Sept. 1st !!!!!! START NOW.

Send this to everybody you know. Let's show them that we are Americans and NOBODY can take us for granted.

If we can't live without cheap Chinese goods for one month out of our lives, WE DESERVE WHAT WE GET!

Pass it on, America ....

otterman

Back to top Go down

Rebuilding this economy is up to us. Please read. Empty Re: Rebuilding this economy is up to us. Please read.

Post by justicar Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:14 pm

You got it!

justicar
Forum Friend
Forum Friend

Back to top Go down

Rebuilding this economy is up to us. Please read. Empty Re: Rebuilding this economy is up to us. Please read.

Post by Alchemist Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:31 pm

Support local.

Alchemist
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by dojiman Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:39 pm

Sad to say but Walmart is one of the biggest culprits. They get these initially cheap products from China that undercut American suppliers and eventually drive them out of business. But the real tragedy is that the Chinese products are more expensive in the long run because of the inferior quality. Because they are initially cheaper, Americans are lulled into going for them and since they are throw-aways, we keep buying them year after year.

I notice on the boards that every one is planning to buy Bentleys and Ferraris. Understand that your dollar will be going to these foreign car companies. After the wake up call we had, everyone should be thinking of buying American. I got to tell you, I love my Range Rover but I am leaning towards American when its time to replace it. There are good quality American vehicles on the road now.

I recently rented a Chevy Cruz on a California vacation and was amazed with the little car. It was actually better than the Japanese and European counterparts. Go America! Shop American!

dojiman

Back to top Go down

Post by jubalation Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:10 pm

It's hard to even find much that IS NOT made in China. The "family" sold out. I shop everywhere else I can in our small town until I am forced to go to WalMart. And to think not too many years ago, they ran a "made in America" campaign. Fat chance of that ever happening again.
jubalation
jubalation
Forum Friend
Forum Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by jaglover Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:15 pm

I just sent this exact note out to a bunch of peeps today...!
(Maybe one of 'em posted it here)...

You can put me down for this! Yes, you may have to look
a little harder and make more of a conscious effort, yet in
the long run--it's going to be UP TO US to MAKE THAT
CHANGE.

We DO want to create more jobs for our fellow men &
women, do we not? All in favor, say AYE.

jaglover

Back to top Go down

Post by 15Dinar Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:42 am

Done....Go USA!!! Go RV!!!!

15Dinar

Back to top Go down

Post by me4RV Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:58 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38MfZ17nT50
me4RV
me4RV
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by tomb22 Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:10 am

Great idea. Let's make something happen. ☀

tomb22
Forum Friend
Forum Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by rick152 Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:36 pm

dojiman wrote:Sad to say but Walmart is one of the biggest culprits. They get these initially cheap products from China that undercut American suppliers and eventually drive them out of business. But the real tragedy is that the Chinese products are more expensive in the long run because of the inferior quality. Because they are initially cheaper, Americans are lulled into going for them and since they are throw-aways, we keep buying them year after year.

I notice on the boards that every one is planning to buy Bentleys and Ferraris. Understand that your dollar will be going to these foreign car companies. After the wake up call we had, everyone should be thinking of buying American. I got to tell you, I love my Range Rover but I am leaning towards American when its time to replace it. There are good quality American vehicles on the road now.

I recently rented a Chevy Cruz on a California vacation and was amazed with the little car. It was actually better than the Japanese and European counterparts. Go America! Shop American!

Walmart is not a culprit. Walmart is an oppertunist. They take advantage of a situation, that is all. The victim is the United States. The culprit is collective barganing. Also the people who have collective barganing do there bidding. The culprit is the workers who keep demanding more and more. You cannot pay someone 20 dollars an hour for a 10 dollar an hour job, and have a company stay in business.

Here is an example. When I was a kid living in Detroit, the auto worker got a combined wage, ( pay, sick days, vacation, and medical) of about 30-35 dollars an hour. Short time and the union demanded 75 dollars an hour or strike. The auto companies gave in so as to have a workforce in place and then came Toyota. They paid a whole lot less and then there goes the downfall. This is not to say that anything about the product.

It really boils down to I WILL HAVE MORE THAN I AM WORTH OR ELSE, and the unions followed suit and there goes the jobs, overseas.

So dont blame walmart because if the prices were from Union wages there would be no walmart. When my dad was in the union I was told if I ever eat a Payday candy bar I would get my but whipped as they were not union. This is a big subject and an entire post subject on it's own so....rick152

You are right the economy is up to us!
rick152
rick152
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by justpassntime Tue Aug 23, 2011 4:38 pm

Corporate and political greed has helped put us in the position we are in. Americans buy the least expensive items most of the time to be able to pay for those types of greed and afford to keep living.

It's hard to buy domestic items now they are here but you got to look. I was truck shopping a few years ago, I looked at all makes and models, most "domestic" trucks are built in Mexico or Canada. I bought American, built in Tennessee it was....it was a Nissan. A "foreign" truck and cheaper built in the US, one of the best vehicles I ever owned. Probably a Walmart nearby too.

We have four Walmarts 15 minutes apart from each other. Another two in a neighboring state. You could easily drive to all of them with in 2 hours. We need that many? scratch

Anything worth having is worth waiting for. Wink
If you can't laugh at yourself, you probably see no humor in anything. 🤡
Things you should never talk about on OOM, they will surely start an argument, religion, politics and the rv. Rolling Eyes

Currency Revaluation Awareness Propaganda Analyst :study:

Rebuilding this economy is up to us. Please read. Flag-212Rebuilding this economy is up to us. Please read. Screen53
Army---Navy----Air Force-----Marines---Coast Guard
justpassntime
justpassntime
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum