Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» The Rockefellers and the controllers are freaking out right about now
DEALING WITH HATERS I_icon_minitimeToday at 11:16 am by kenlej

» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
DEALING WITH HATERS I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
DEALING WITH HATERS I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
DEALING WITH HATERS I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
DEALING WITH HATERS I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
DEALING WITH HATERS I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
DEALING WITH HATERS I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
DEALING WITH HATERS I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
DEALING WITH HATERS I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
DEALING WITH HATERS I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
DEALING WITH HATERS I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
DEALING WITH HATERS I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
DEALING WITH HATERS I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
DEALING WITH HATERS I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
DEALING WITH HATERS I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
DEALING WITH HATERS I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
DEALING WITH HATERS I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
DEALING WITH HATERS I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
DEALING WITH HATERS I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
DEALING WITH HATERS I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

DEALING WITH HATERS

5 posters

Go down

DEALING WITH HATERS Empty DEALING WITH HATERS

Post by UNEEK Sat Jun 07, 2014 11:56 pm

The Ultimate Cheat Sheet for Dealing With Haters
    Posted by James Altucher

It’s easy to get anonymous people to hate you. Have an opinion. Be creative. Be yourself.

But sometimes it gets worse. I’ve had death threats, legal threats, I’ve lost friends, even family, over things I’ve written. I’ve lost the respect of many I still respect. Articles get written then people hate me even more.

A hater can be anyone. A family member, a friend, a colleague, a teacher, a boss, or some random person you meet on the street or the Internet. People who were friends forever can suddenly be haters. You HAVE to have the tools to deal with it.

It always feels miserable. I am never cavalier about it.

I wanted to like these people in some cases. 20 year friendships. Friends I thought I would have forever. Now… gone.

Most haters are just invisible, anonymous, just trying to get in your head because that’s THEIR particular method of having a human connection.

Example: someone wrote a review of my audio book the other day:

“SIMPLY TERRIBLE… the author should NEVER EVER read his own books again. He has a lazy, mumbling speech that made it difficult to give him credibility right off the bat. He sounded a bit disinterested, like it was a bother to pass along these precious gems on knowledge to us, the poor miserable audience.”

I’m not fishing for compliments. Some people like my audio book, some people don’t. But it reminds me of 7th grade, when we had to take turns reading from a book in a class called Woodshop.

Who would’ve thought that in Woodshop I would learn all the basic skills that allowed me to build businesses and develop meaningful relationships later in life?

Well, not me, and I was right. I learned nothing there.

The only great moment that happened to me in woodshop was when the prettiest girl in school ran up to me and said, “Quick, quick, what psychiatrist talks all the time about sex?” And I said, “Freud” and then she ran away to have a deep conversation with the woodshop teacher twenty years older than her.

I definitely don’t remember what we were reading in the woodshop “book” that day but when it was my turn to speak, Christin Herholz said, “oh no, not HIS voice again.”

So maybe that reviewer is right. Maybe Christin is actually the reviewer! Synchronicity! (Jung).

No matter what we do in life, we get some people who hate us, who make fun of us, who gossip about us, who backstab us, who take money from us or do something to try and ruin our reputation, who threaten us, who tease us, who frighten us.

SO LISTEN TO ME: these are the rules how to deal with haters – the anonymous ones, the ones in your face, the ones at work, the ones you can’t avoid, family, and people you love.

It’s hard to do. Sometimes I can’t do them. But bit by bit I get better at these rules. And when I get better, I can see better results in my life. I hope you will also.

I) IT’S ABOUT THEM

This is a bit of a cliche but it’s true. Behind every Anger is a Fear.

Whoever hates, is also afraid of something. This doesn’t mean you say, “poor baby, he’s just afraid.” But it’s just worth noting.

For instance, in the above review, the reviewer said, “the poor miserable audience”. Maybe her fear is of being poor and miserable and so she hears someone saying that to her no matter who is talking. This is her problem in life right now.

Often people say, “oh, don’t worry, they are just jealous.” Maybe they are. Maybe they aren’t. We can never read their minds.

It’s none of my business why someone thinks something of me.

But something is going on in their lives that is bringing up a fear. And they indulge the fear by having an anger towards you. By projecting their own fear onto you. For a brief moment, you become the monster that has been hiding onside of them.

Anger is just fear indulged.

II) IT ALSO REALLY IS ABOUT YOU

Most people who hate me I never even think about. But some haters push buttons. Some accidentally know how to get under my skin.

Or not accidentally. Like when a family member hates you and knows EXACTLY what buttons to press (“you never bathe”, etc).

When someone pushes a button, I get angry and maybe even defensive. But it’s NOT because they said something horrible.

It’s because under the fleshy armor of rage, I’m afraid they might be right.

I might not even admit this to myself. They put the knife in, after all, so I can accuse them. But the reality is I might be twisting the knife in even further.

Take the above example again. I pulled it out from 100s I could’ve used. Not because it was particularly mean. But I just realized I then told you a story of what happened to me in seventh grade when a girl made fun of my voice.

So maybe I really am afraid I have some weird sort of voice. I don’t know. It’s just worth noting to myself.

When all you do is “note” something to yourself, it at least separates it out from the non-stop chatter in the head. It lets you identify it and put it in it’s own special cage. This makes it easier to identify and deal with and maybe even learn something about yourself.

III) THE 24 HOUR RULE

If someone attacks you in any way, you might get bad feelings. If it’s a public attack then others might get bad feelings. People will say, “Jane said this about James so he must be an idiot.”

Or it might an office politics attack. Or an attack in a relationship.

The 24 Hour Rule works in almost every case. If you never respond to the initial attack, it goes away in 24 hours. If you respond EVEN ONCE, then reset the clock. It’s another 24 hours as it spreads through the spider web of human interaction.

This is why some battles go on for years. Nobody stops responding. The attack continues until one person dies. And as the Onion states: World Mortality Rate Holds Steady At 100%.

IV) THE 30/30/30 RULE

I had a few posts where I stole the same image of a woman doing yoga poses on a beach. I got some criticism for always using images of a sexy woman. I also got criticism for taking the images and not giving credit.

Then the woman in the images actually wrote me. I told her I was getting this criticism.

She told me her whole beautiful story which I included in my last book. But one thing she said was that for every creative thing you do: 1/3 will love you, 1/3 will hate you, and 1/3 won’t care.

Which means you should do what you love. You should do the best you can. You should try to do the things that will help you improve every day. And when bad comments come, just put them in that 1/3 bucket where it belongs.

V) DELETE

I’m always happy when someone disagrees with me. I don’t mind that.

But often people are incapable of expressing disagreement and it comes out in a way that is obnoxious or hateful.

When I can, I delete them. I can put “delete” in quotes. Sometimes its not a blog commenter but someone in real life. I delete them also. I don’t speak to people who are bad for me.

What if it’s a boss or someone you have to speak to? Well, I don’t engage with them. I let them do their thing. I nod hello in the hallways. I don’t kiss anyone’s ass to get them to like me, not even my daughters. Everyone gets their time in the “time out” box. And eventually, they can come out again if they behave.

What if it’s someone screaming at you on the phone? Just do this: “I have to go”. That’s worked against me, particularly when I was younger and wanted to scream more. “Why are you DOING THIS TO ME!?” And it felt very painful.

But it made me behave better next time.

VI) HATE IS CONTAGIOUS

Someone tweeted awhile ago: “James Altucher = #humangarbage”. I don’t know why he tweeted it. I didn’t know who he was. But I got angry for a second. I didn’t follow any of the above commandments.

I looked him up. He works at AOL. I tried to figure out how to get him fired. He made his one tweet but then it gave me maybe 1000 thoughts.

The worst thing you can do to your body is stab it. Anger is an emotional stab at your emotional body. Some religions say you should show compassion to your enemies. I don’t know. This is really hard to do.

The best I can do is recognize that I don’t know this person, and that every additional thought is another way for me to stab myself. Then the infection spreads inside of me, consumes me.

I don’t like to stab myself.

VII) YOU’LL NEVER KNOW

I could’ve contacted the guy and said, “I just need to know: why do you think I am human garbage.”

But this is one of those death bed moments.

People have said, “I am really glad I found out why that random stranger called me human garbage” on their death bed exactly zero times in the history of the universe.

There’s no need to know. And even if you do finally know…it will always turn out there was no good reason.

VIII) RESISTANCE IS FUTILE

Let’s say someone does actually have a reason for hating you. And it’s easy to refute. Like they hate you because you are from Rhode Island but actually you are from Canada. You can say, “But I’m from Canada” and they will say, “Ugh, that’s even worse.”

Nobody ever changes their mind. Change is hard. Quitting cigarettes is very hard, almost impossible for many people.

Hating is even more addictive so imagine how hard it is to change someone’s mind. Facts don’t matter. Defending yourself makes it worse (see the 24 Hour Rule).

Even a history of friendship doesn’t matter. You can say, “We’ve been friends for 20 years. Are you really going to let this get in the way of that?”

And the answer is “Yes.” Because they can’t help themselves. Because it’s about some fear they have. Because it’s about some fear you have. And never the twain shall meet.

IX) THEY LOOK STUPID HAVING SEX

That’s all you ever really need to know about your haters. They all grunt and drool and look stupid.

If all you do is think of this rule about someone who hates you, then you can ignore all of the other rules.

X) TIME HEALS ALL WOUNDS

Hate can’t last forever. Often it turns into a dull simmer. The sun that was so bright at noon, becomes a haze of purples and deep orange by twilight.

This doesn’t mean that you and the hater are now friends. It just means that the wound that was opened will eventually close up, and leave a tiny scar, a reminder but nothing more. Whether it was a betrayal. An ex-partner. An ex-lover. A commenter on a blog.

The key is to practice shortening the time.

You do this with the other nine commandments above. You do this with the daily practice of physical, emotional, mental, and spiritual health I recommend in my book.

I say “the daily practice” not because I want you to buy my book. Don’t buy it. It’s so easy you don’t need to read anything other than the above paragraph.

Do all this and the hate passes right through you. It’s hard to avoid all the haters. They are in your face sometimes. But you can do these methods.

For some people hate and anger and bitterness and regret last for years. Sometimes the time it takes to heal a wound lasts longer than a lifetime.

This is a waste of a lifetime.That’s ok also. Nobody is requiring you to have a fulfilling life. It’s totally your choice to waste your life.

And since many people will hate you as you stick your head out of the sand again and again (as I hope you do), you will have many opportunities to ruin your life. Enjoy them.

Sometimes (not every time) the more people who hate you, the more it means you are getting out of the comfort zone. You are creating and growing.

But hopefully your woulds heal more and more quickly. I say “your” but I really mean “me”. I hope my wounds every day heal more quickly than the day before. I wrote this post for me.

When a hater takes his or her stab, I try to use the above techniques to maybe learn about myself. And if I can’t learn a lot then maybe I can learn a little.

And if I can’t learn a little, then at least I will try to avoid getting sick.

And if I don’t get sick, then I will try to be thankful. And I move onto the next thing I can do. The next place where I will try to find love, creativity, and fulfillment.

http://www.jamesaltucher.com/2014/03/the-ultimate-cheat-sheet-for-dealing-with-haters/

Greatness lies, not in being strong, but in the right using of strength; and strength is not used rightly when it serves only to carry a man above his fellows for his own solitary glory. He is the greatest whose strength carries up the most hearts by the attraction of his own -- Bryant

“When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself.” ― Wayne W. Dyer

To be persuasive, one must be believable;
To be believable, one must be credible;
To be credible, one must be truthful.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
UNEEK
UNEEK
VIP FEATURED MEMBER
VIP FEATURED MEMBER

http://souljourney.lefora.com/

Back to top Go down

DEALING WITH HATERS Empty Re: DEALING WITH HATERS

Post by Ponee Sun Jun 08, 2014 9:22 am

WONDERFUL !!!  Thank you so much for posting !!! I have missed  you Uneek !! 
Ponee
Ponee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by wherbie Sun Jun 08, 2014 11:58 am

V
As you practice living these four practices your life will dramatically change. In the beginning these new habits will be challenging and you will lapse countless times. With practice these agreements become integrated into your being and every area of your life and become easy habits to keep.

The Four Agreements are:

1. Be Impeccable with your Word: Speak with integrity. Say only what you mean. Avoid using the Word to speak against yourself or to gossip about others. Use the power of your Word in the direction of truth and love.

2. Don’t Take Anything Personally
Nothing others do is because of you. What others say and do is a projection of their own reality, their own dream. When you are immune to the opinions and actions of others, you won’t be the victim of needless suffering.

3. Don’t Make Assumptions
Find the courage to ask questions and to express what you really want. Communicate with others as clearly as you can to avoid misunderstandings, sadness and drama. With just this one agreement, you can completely transform your life.

4. Always Do Your Best
Your best is going to change from moment to moment; it will be different when you are healthy as opposed to sick. Under any circumstance, simply do your best, and you will avoid self-judgment, self-abuse, and regret

wherbie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ponee Sun Jun 08, 2014 12:46 pm

Wonderfully Wise Words Wherbie !

Ponee
Ponee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UNEEK Sun Jun 08, 2014 6:21 pm

Ponee -- Hello HELLO -- I have been  here  daily  just  reading -  I am not participating in the guru and dinar  debates - I don't  know very much about politics & economics -  and understand  even  less  Smile -  

I am living a very quiet life  - enjoying what I can - helping when where & how I can - praying that I will stay healthy and be able to share my wealth  SOON  first to my fury friends  -- shelters - medical care   food  etc -  maybe get involved in a suicide prevention program -- Grief Recovery -    homeless people -- there is sooo much

Wherbie --- oh yes I am familiar with the four agreements -- definitely good ones to live by - thank  you for sharing - in a great  place too !

Greatness lies, not in being strong, but in the right using of strength; and strength is not used rightly when it serves only to carry a man above his fellows for his own solitary glory. He is the greatest whose strength carries up the most hearts by the attraction of his own -- Bryant

“When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself.” ― Wayne W. Dyer

UNEEK
UNEEK
VIP FEATURED MEMBER
VIP FEATURED MEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post by Billyg Mon Jun 09, 2014 10:30 pm

Thanks. Nice to read about life lessons and thoughts.
Billyg
Billyg
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by UNEEK Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:41 am

Good Evening BIllyg -- Thank you for your comments and I a m  very glad you enjoyed the read - I too  really enjoy reading other peoples thoughts and perspective views   they  have from their  experiences 

i can read a dozen articles on anger - grief - emotions in general and  in a round  about way most of them will  say a lot of the same thing and suggest the same plan for coping  or healing   -- But   you know what ?  I am not bored   and I  can learn something from each one  because of their own unique  way of presenting it.

I think this is important on our journey - to appreciate differences because we are  different and we will be attracted to  or away from by our own unique differences --

I hope I can find more interesting articles to share - Just in case you did not know you can find more of my posting in it's own space -- Called  "UNEEK PERSPECTIVE" - check it out - blessings   UNEEK

UNEEK
UNEEK
VIP FEATURED MEMBER
VIP FEATURED MEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post by Ponee Thu Jun 04, 2015 9:12 pm

I was kind of feeling this  post right about now....

Ponee
Ponee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UNEEK Thu Jun 04, 2015 9:47 pm

Wow Ponee - I was just reading this same post earlier and feeling how appropriate it would be  NOW but just did not know quite how to  bump it up without it coming across  in a negative way - like I might be attacking someone or "preaching" etc --  which I am not - 

My message would be more to do with  understanding that we all can have bad days - feeling over whelmed - depressed - frustrated -   powerless -- challenged - anxious - the list could go on  -- 

Everyone reacts or responds to these emotions differently - some withdraw and suffer in the emotional pain -- others are more aggressive and attack to hide their weakness & appear strong - 

I just had a very traumatizing experience this week where I called 911 at 2am -- I am fine and not really wanting to talk about details  but I can tell you it has affected me  on many levels and has been difficult to shake - 

I was fortunate to have a  person to talk to that helped me see and reaffirm what I already knew  about being a "victim" --  I am not going to say it is easy but with conscious effort there are ways to avoid being a victim and not taking on that unhealthy negative energy. 

What may work for me  might not be the answer for some one else - The important thing is to recognize your own vulnerabilities  and proactively work on making them strengths and  know that you cannot change another persons behaviors but you can change how you "respond" to them -

UNEEK
UNEEK
VIP FEATURED MEMBER
VIP FEATURED MEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post by chilimama Fri Jun 05, 2015 10:05 am

BUMP

Leadership is a potent combination of strategy and character. But if you must be without one, be without the strategy. - Norman Schwarzkopf, Jr.
chilimama
chilimama
GURU HUNTER
GURU HUNTER

Back to top Go down

Post by UNEEK Fri Jun 05, 2015 10:35 am

Although I do not post much anywhere  anymore I am in good standing at DV and do have posting privileges -

I have been more of a silent observer - I do have  a life outside of dinarland and the main reason I have not posted much  is that I am sensitive and  I choose to avoid  confrontation and negative  energy as with verbal abuse as much as possible - 

I do not wish to be a thorn in anyone's side and do not want to be the cause of more  staff work in cleaning up  messes - it is just easier for me to be silent -  easier on everyone -  I will not feed the angry  negatives by engaging in their attacks  - 

The following I posted here Feb of 2012 - it is still true and appropriate for TODAY and I would like to share before I go back to silent status

I have been very busy this week - I have been mostly studying my life - 
reflecting over decisions made and their pending outcome -- There has 
been little to see on the outside -- There have been rumblings and 
discomfort internally from not knowing the implications of my actions and decisions 

The tug of war seems so far to be more internally with myself and that
villain acceptance & approval and also "validation" -- Which could
be more simply stated -- "EGO" -- I feel sure you have made the 
acquaintance --

I have painfully been seeking the evolving of my higher self -- 

I have earnestly been working on resolve and a letting go of the things  and emotions that do not serve me well but only create dis-ease in the body and block my moving forward -

It has been a week of learning -- it can be  said with much truth that the truly educated never graduate -- and the price for wisdom is very great --

I do not wish to be your enemy -- We may have disagreements and I respect your choices as I do mine and will defend and be accountable for them -- 

I do not wish to be a thorn in your side -- If our differences are painful to you I can allow more distance between us within the briar patch --

I do not wish to be an embarrassment to you -- I do strive to be discreet and live as to not be an embarrassment to myself -- 

I know the importance or value of  respect in order to maintain a business -- I may not have the same exact set of standards that you live by but I do have boundaries and feel  that I have made substantial progress considering the tools I have had to work with - 

I do not wish to make waves for you in your position -- I will continue to fight my own battles as I have done in the past -- 

I wish to leave with you these last tidbits of simple truths that I have come up with and written in my own words from my own thinking and with my own feelings - to gently remind you --

One can Speak and say Nothing
One can be Silent and Speak Volumes

One can Listen and still not Hear
One can Hear and not Understand

One can Look and still not See
One can See and not be Looking

One can Touch and not Feel
One can Feel and not be Touching

One can be Educated and not be Knowledgeable
One can be Knowledgeable and not be Educated

Education is being told What to Think
Knowledge is knowing How to Think

One can be Knowledgeable and not be Wise
One can be Wise but not without being Knowledgeable

One can be Alone and not be Lonely
One can be Lonely and not be Alone

One can be in the Light and still see Darkness
One can be in Darkness and still see the Light

One can have a Life and still not Live
One can Live and still not have a Life

One can be Religious and not be Spiritual
One can be Spiritual and not be Religious

One can know the Truth and be in Denial

One can Know what he Believes and not Believe in all of what he Knows
One can Believe in what he Knows and not Know in all of what he Believes 

One can be Rich & Famous and be Unimportant to the world
One can be Important to the world and not be Rich & Famous 

I have heard it explained that "Religion" is for those who are afraid of dying and going to heck - and "Spirituality" is for those who have already been -- After receiving this revelation I can personally and honestly attest to it being true and therefore have since embraced "Spirituality" -- UNEEK

Few will Read -- Less will Heed
Few will Look  -- Less will See
Few will Listen -- Less  will Hear
Few will Hear -- Less will Understand
Few will Understand -- Less will Believe
Few will Be Touched -- Less will Feel
Few will Feel -- Less will Care
Few will Seek -- Less will Find
Few will Find -- Less will Keep
Few will Keep -- Less will Share     Author.......UNEEK

UNEEK
UNEEK
VIP FEATURED MEMBER
VIP FEATURED MEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post by Ponee Fri Nov 01, 2019 11:16 am