Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Carnival Rides
Millionday Roundtable I_icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2024 5:03 pm by kenlej

» Go Russia
Millionday Roundtable I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2024 11:37 am by kenlej

» Go Russia
Millionday Roundtable I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2024 10:51 am by kenlej

» Textbook Tony
Millionday Roundtable I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2024 4:13 pm by Mission1st

» The Rockefellers and the controllers are freaking out right about now
Millionday Roundtable I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2024 11:16 am by kenlej

» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
Millionday Roundtable I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
Millionday Roundtable I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
Millionday Roundtable I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
Millionday Roundtable I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
Millionday Roundtable I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
Millionday Roundtable I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
Millionday Roundtable I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
Millionday Roundtable I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
Millionday Roundtable I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
Millionday Roundtable I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
Millionday Roundtable I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
Millionday Roundtable I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
Millionday Roundtable I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
Millionday Roundtable I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
Millionday Roundtable I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

Millionday Roundtable

Go down

Millionday Roundtable Empty Millionday Roundtable

Post by Ponee Wed Jun 04, 2014 9:14 pm

[millionday] here we go -- remember that the meeting on the strategic framework agreement has been going on >>>>> Concluded on Wednesday of the Conference of the judiciary with the U.S. side in the framework of the strategic cooperation between the two countries,

issuing several recommendations relating to the affairs of judicial cooperation and extradition. statement for the federal judiciary that the Coordinating Committee for the meeting,

which continued over two consecutive days in the building of the judiciary issued a statement final explained the objectives of the meeting, which comes in the area of the judiciary and law enforcement.
~~~

[millionday] statement said that the overall objective of the Conference of the Joint Coordinating Committee is to hold open and frank discussions of the issues in order to further strengthen the rule of law in Iraq.

added that the two delegations stressed the importance of continued close cooperation in matters Judiciary and Law Enforcement, pointing out that the conference focused on the two days of the key issues, namely, to identify best practices in the field of extradition judicially,

and requests for legal assistance, and increased coordination with the Office of Drug Control and the affairs of law enforcement and combating the financing of terrorism.

[millionday] statement continued that the meeting discussed ways "enhance training efforts and help the current and future of the judiciary, the police and anti-corruption institutions in Iraq."

and pointed out that "the conference examined the financing of the United States of America programs that provide training and technical assistance for the federal judiciary and the security forces in the areas of criminal law, commercial and international arbitration to support the rule of law and training in the field of human rights. "

[millionday] note -- they are adding arbitration so they have a mediator to make sure all legal issues are kept up with and followed according to the agreement

[millionday] and complete the statement that "the Coordinating Committee discussed ways to help disrupt and dismantle criminal and terrorist organizations in addition to the inclusion of various ministries and agencies to promote the implementation of the United Nations Convention against Corruption and help Iraq's efforts to combat money laundering and terrorist financing and to improve the recovery of the looted money."

millionday] note -- they are making a huge issue of minimizing terrorism -- thank goodness

[millionday] participated In the conference, which was chaired by Head of the Judiciary Judge Medhat al-Mahmoud, U.S. Ambassador Stephen Beecroft, and the yen Andriza, Supplement Justice at the U.S. Embassy in Baghdad, which included the Iraqi delegation at the conference of representatives of federal judicial power and ministries; Interior and Foreign Affairs, Justice and Human Rights and the Ministry of State for Parliamentary Affairs and a counter-terrorism and the Central Bank and the Office of the fight against money laundering.

[millionday] note -- and the central bank -- smile

[millionday] At the conclusion of the conference, both sides expressed their commitment to hold the next meeting of the Joint Coordinating Committee for Cooperation in the field of justice and law enforcement in 2015.

millionday] so they will meet again next year to go over how the agreement is going -- that is great

[millionday] end of report

[mudder] Hope Maliki was there... He might learn a thing or two...

[millionday] did not see him on the roaster smile brb with more

[millionday] here is an opinion of an economic expert -- An economic expert, consultant for Bankers Association, Salam Semaisem, warned from losing Iraqi money due to the creditors, foreign companies and some Arab countries, from taking it.

Semaisem said in a statement to the National Iraqi News Agency, that " the decision of the Iraqi government and the central bank, for not to renew the request of the U.S. on the protection of Iraqi funds, may make the Iraqi money

[millionday] on risk," loaded both sides responsible for the loss of that money. She added : "The Central Bank is supposed to be able to protect Iraqi funds, before claiming to lift the International immunity ", saying : "The lifting of protection for Iraqi funds abroad, making them vulnerable.

millionday] note -- it has to be worry at the rate it is and where they would have to go to be at a reality rate with the announced removal of the 3 zeros and the reality rate coming but not here yet

[millionday] Semaisem confirmed that "The decision to lift the international immunity will reflect negatively on the Iraqi money as being came at a time suffering of expires of the government and the parliament, and it is caretaker government only."

The President of the United States, Barack Obama, has decided to lift the immunity granted to the Development Fund for Iraq and the private property belonging to the Iraqi government abroad, after 11 years of the imposition.

[millionday] this is obviously a huge change --- it cant be anything but a huge change --- so the timing and purpose is that they see no risk -- or it would not be done after all this time

millionday] the future is going to be very interesting with this meeting and the lift of immunity being done smile brb with more

millionday] here we go -- Called the Iraqi National Alliance, on Tuesday, the State of law coalition led by Al-Maliki to withdraw the candidacy for Prime Minister, expressed "surprise at Maliki's Coalition" step "away from the components of the National Alliance before the completion of the draft rules of procedure and mechanisms of the Alliance,

said the Government" rejects the political majority and adopted the principle of "political participation" as an option strategy.

Read Member Ibrahim Bahr citizen Coalition issued a statement after a meeting of the national coalition in the House of Congress leader Ahmad Chalabi, in Baghdad's Northern District of liberty, "a coalition of strange brothers in the State of law Coalition's candidate for Prime Minister from the National Alliance and components prior to completion of the draft rules of procedure and mechanisms of the Alliance."

millionday] note -- so chalabi is being asked to be the prime minister it looks like -- lets read the rest

[millionday] Ulum said the "National Coalition calls for fraternity in the State of law Coalition to withdraw their candidate for Prime Minister, and emphasizes the need to emanate a candidate for the post of the tent all the corners of the National Alliance," Noting that "the Coalition stresses d hands of all patriotic forces in different directions as partners in the administration of Iraq, without exclusion or marginalization.

Mr. Ulum that "National Coalition stresses that the National Alliance is alstrategy choice in nation-building and the next Government is formed on the basis of the principle of political participation to ensure the peaceful transfer of power," pointing out that "the Coalition rejected the option of political majority, which they give a legal opinions to National Alliance and to deepen the political crisis."

millionday] note -- i have something from the national alliance as well i believe - more to come of this

[lstar877] There is no way iraq would lift protection of funds after 11 yrs. Unless they know they're secure. No way. Please trust that for those worried.

millionday] Ulum said that "the Coalition stresses its desire not to put up a candidate for the Presidency of the Council of Ministers without consulting all parties Coalition is preceded by setting standards and specifications provided in the filter and install in the rules of procedure of the Alliance".

lstar877] Md chalabi good yes?

[millionday] so they are saying that they would like a peaceful transfer and i dont think maliki will bring that with all we have read on the parties and their thoughts -- smile

[mudder] This sounds very good!!!!

[millionday] i would say good yes -- he has great respect brb with more

[millionday] here we go with more on what to expect

[millionday] MP, of the Ahrar bloc, Hakim al-Zamili said "the bylaw of the National Alliance will be passed during the next two days and will be binding on all political forces within the Alliance.

" He told the National Iraqi News Agency that "the continued statements about the candidate to head the next government and its formation is beyond the commitment to the agreements within the National Alliance, which is the tent and the main sponsor of the blocs within it ."

[millionday] Zamili added, "We hope the political blocs within the National Alliance are committed to the bylaw and the basis of dealing with other blocs and the mechanism of choosing the next prime minister and other things.

" On the candidate of the Ahrar bloc and other blocs, within the National Alliance, for the post of the next prime minister he explained, " after approving the bylaw of the National Alliance, the political blocs will submit their candidates within the Alliance and will be agreed on a single candidate

[millionday] note -- this will be done by tomorrow according to this

[millionday] It is mentioned that the spokesman of the citizen bloc, Balik Abu Kalal said, "The National Coalition will hold an important meeting today to address the prime minister and other political issues."

He told the National Iraqi News Agency / NINA / "The citizen coalition is committed to the National Alliance and the National Coalition and our decision about the prime minister is still united with our brothers in the Ahrar bloc and we cannot negotiate with any other party away from our partners."

[millionday] note this should be very interesting ad also appears as if it will be fast -- that we like

[millionday] smile>>He added, " We reject the third term as a principle not as a person and we deny any meeting or communications with the state of law and they have come with us to the advanced stages in this regard, we did not meet them just only one meeting, which was the meeting of Hakim with al-Maliki and our meetings take place within the National Alliance ".

He explained that "the Iraqi National Coalition will release important statement and decisions today related to the post of prime minister and other political issues."

[millionday] Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki said that "the majority needed to form the next government is almost achieved. A statement for the Prime Minister's Office quoted him as saying in an interview with the semi-official al-Iraqiya TV yesterday that " there are now 175 secured votes , but we want more partners who agree with us in the program and principles to be adopted in the next government ."

[millionday] note -- maliki is still trying to be the prime minister choice but as we have just seen the candidate will be announced today or tomorrow

[mudder] That's Funny lol lol lol lol lol

[millionday] Maliki has called for all forces and political blocs to understanding and dialogue in order to form a government as soon as possible and go towards work and construction.

[millionday] so as we know the law of alliance will be passed within today -tomorrow and also they will announce who is going to be the leader -- this ought to be very interesting to say the least smile

[millionday] check this out -- part of the sfa as well

[millionday] Lockheed Martin Corp this week will deliver the first of 36 F-16 fighter jets to Iraq, marking what Baghdad's envoy to the United States called a "new chapter" in his country's ability to defend its vast borders with Iran and other neighbors.

Iraqi Ambassador Lukman Faily will travel to Lockheed's Fort Worth, Texas, plant on Thursday for a ceremony at which Lockheed and the U.S. government will formally deliver the first F-16 to Iraq. A group of three or four new jets will be ferried to Iraq before the end of the year.

[millionday] "Iraq is a large country with over 3,600 km of borders, and we need to protect them," Faily told Reuters in a telephone interview. "We as a country didn't have that capability before."

Iraq has had no real air force since the U.S.-led invasion in 2003 that eventually toppled Saddam Hussein. Baghdad has also signed military contracts with Russia and the Czech Republic, among others, and has said it will not be able to fully defend its airspace until 2020.

larrykn] how about the maintenance for them

[millionday] they certainly need those positions filled -- the jobs of experts available there are massive but experts are going for now to do training and help etc -- unless that is done already but that is the last we have heard

[larrykn] its one thing to give them jets its another to give them parts

[mudder] That's a lot of dinar at a 1166 lol lol

[millionday] lol larrykn so true brb

[lstar877] We're so set.

[elliscole2002] MD training and maintenance will be done by contractors

[Baxter1243] Interesting Facts on F 16.. From Take Off Roll...to 40,000 feet... maximum take off... takes one minute....Will fly at cruise for about 2.2 hours.... using afterburner... it will use that fuel in 17 minutes....

[dinarmassa] How, they haven't got a strong enough military

[millionday] their military and also the international organizations they are members of and their allies will not allow that

[millionday] they are growing and will have a strong military with the tools they have been given -- it will take time as with any country but iraq is trying and training in everyway that they can to regain their independence they have many allies smile

[millionday] doing trade with each country will not lead to a takeover with the opportunity they have to gain financially but i see what you mean but trust -- the international community can not afford for terrorism to take place -- but they can afford the financial gain from the new market - brb with more

[millionday] here we go - Tunisair announced two direct flights per week to Kurdistan at the first Tunisia – Kurdistan Economic Forum hosted by the KRG in Erbil. T

unisian government officials, representatives of more than 50 companies, as well as journalists were among the delegation aboard the first Tunisair flight to arrive in Kurdistan.

At the well-attended forum, KRG Minister of Trade and Industry Sinan Chalabi welcomed the decision to commence direct flights.

He said, “There are numerous fields in which we can benefit from trade with Tunisia, particularly tourism, agriculture, and industry, as Tunisia exports to more than 160 countries and is considered a major trading partner of the European Union.”

[millionday] huge huge --there is a forum on the 10th and a media stakeout i will show you in a minute

[millionday] He added, “The KRG adopts an open-door policy regarding the economic activity of other countries, and Tunisia is most welcome to the Kurdistan Region. There is significant opportunity and potential from both sides that can be utilized to expand economic relations.”

Tunisian Ambassador to Iraq Samir Jamai expressed his gratitude for the warm reception, ensuring that his country “is keen to develop trade relations with the Kurdistan Region.” Speaking to KRG.org, the Ambassador highlighted the potential for successful cooperation.

He said, “There must be common exchange and mutual benefit for both sides. The KRG has opened its doors for Tunisian companies, which is especially important after Tunisia’s growth following the political crisis in 2010.”

[millionday] obviously kurdistan is ready to set up expansive trade and are marketing -- the open door policy is fantstic for their market and gains --- they have a mutual understanding and financial need

[millionday] this is obviously going to be huge for kurdistan -- they have a real grasp on corporate world gains --- this is today and is supposed to be with iraq as well at least that is how it is titled

[millionday] Security Council Media Stakeouts (Middle East - Syria) Ms. Sigrid Kaag, Special Coordinator of the Joint OPCW-UN Mission in Syria, will adress press following Security Council Consultations on the Middle East (Syria) at the Security Council Stakeout

[millionday] obviously should come up with world news announcements of some kind

[millionday] if anyone has anything let me know

[Pablo] Poppy brought up in the call last night about their needing to pay off the last of the war reparations by Sat. Will they need an Rv for that?

[millionday] no -- i would say if they have paid without up until now they will pay with agreement

[millionday] but it would be fine with me smile

BGG] Maliki’s statement about achieving political majority is negotiating message BAGHDAD / NINA / MP of the / Diyala our identity / coalition affiliated to the National Union Forces coalition, Raad al-Dahlaki said:” we will alley with the political parties that implement the demands and rights of citizens in the six provinces truly away from the logos .”

[millionday] should be interesting with national alliance announcement -- thanks bgg

[ggrr] 36 F-16s to Iraq this week, seems they own for this for that, have no money yet that

[millionday] he is definitely promoting himself

[millionday] it is part of the sfa -- so how the agreement is made for payment has not been told yet --
~~~

[ggrr] hhhmmmmmmmmmmmmm

[BGG] Interesting that Maliki seemed to be on the tide of news...and as soon as I point that out on the call last nite...Nina comes out with this piece

[millionday] we dont know if they have to pay ahead or by a certain time or what

[BGG] SWEEEEEET.

[Pablo] He's going to make a fool of himself if all the blocks vote against him.

[ggrr] with american dollars or iqd

[millionday] BGG i agree smile

BGG] I think some Gurus were making a lot of that SFA meeting (headed by Medhat)...

[mudder] BGG... Ya Think??? lol lol

[BGG] there was no way they were talking about currency - nor did anyone have a "direct line" in... :|

[millionday] one sec on phone with hubby

[millionday] BGG i agree

[BGG] Don't get me wrong - it's plenty important. just not in that way.

[millionday] brb '

[Pablo] How do you think those 40 seats you were talking about last night will vote BGG?

[BGG] Pablo - I have a feeling they go with Hakim (and Sadr).

[Pablo] When will they announce that officially?

[BGG] the bad news for the day is Iran is reportedly affirming Maliki today...

[BGG] which I'm not guaranteeing to be accurate...

[Pablo] of course, they need to keep their claws in.

[jtank] smoke--

[BGG] Hakim has historically done as Iran wanted... Sadr does not...

[mudder] I heard Maliki has spent 100 million on this big smear campaign so far.... Doesn't sound like it's working out to good for him...

BGG] we might get to see how much Larijani #$%^ Hakim is willing to take - here soon.

[BGG] Larijani = the ruling "think tank" from Iran (family of brothers)... or influential - I should say

[BGG] if the opposition forms up as they have made noise about - I still think Maliki has a tough row to hoe...

[Pablo] So, the new Parliament goes in on the 15th to decide the GOI which goes in next month?

[BGG] sometime after - yes.

[mudder] Sistanni has also made it quite clear... No more Maliki

[millionday] ok back

[BGG] millionday - OK - I'm off.

[millionday] there are many that made it clear no more maliki

[mudder] Have you??

[jtank] lets hope so--

[millionday] we have looked at many reports that are saying that the citizens and the gov does not want maliki

[millionday] so as we have been discussing -- him going around the country is just strange and hope in his hat to me

jtank] 8 yrs of chaos

[millionday] very much chaos

[jarhead] Could have been longer

[millionday] and that is the point -- they have stated that they have gotten nothing done

[millionday] and that is true in many areas

[millionday] what has been done has been done in other areas of government and economic entities

[jtank] Kurdistan-

[millionday] so as we can see -- this will be interesting with the next announcements

[millionday] now we have kurds coming to talk about the government formation -- hcl -- article 140 -- budget -- they claim to be completing

[graylnjo] If they put M in again, they deserve just what they get!!!! :{

[jtank] We are home--

[millionday] so this of course is huge huge and is in the next couple days according to most reporting agencies smile

[millionday] i hope all of you were here when we announced that the isx is to be at the new platform by the middle of the month and implemented and launched by the end of this month

[millionday] so that in itself tells us the rush they have on all of this -- the isx is the gut of the market

[millionday] the private sector is the heart of the country economically

[mckissm] millionday I am completely in the dark when it comes to isx etc. There has been some conversation on here that the isx implementation is simply an updated platform and has nothing to do being international...new rates etc. Could you bring some light on this?

millionday] here we go -- Iraq is one of the fast growing markets with the economy of the Kurdistan Region of Iraq expected to grow at an annual rate of 9%-12% during 2012-2016. There is strong government support for developing long-term relationships with foreign capital, products and services that are encouraged by tax benefits, reduced paper work and easy market access.

TradeUAE Iraq will return as a B2B Exhibition taking place in Erbil, Iraq to showcase the latest products and services the UAE has to offer. It will provide visitors the opportunity to source cutting-edge products and services as well as learn about and discuss the latest market trends. This is the only trade exhibition in Erbil that delivers the premier quality of buyers and distributors from the UAE.

[millionday] Taking place 10 - 12 June 2014 at the Saad Conference Center, TradeUAE Iraq is supported by the UAE's Ministry of Economy, Dubai FDI and Dubai Exports and the Kurdistan Regional Government. This multi-sector trade exhibition will focus on economic sectors from tourism to manufacturing, to agriculture and transportation.

TradeUAE will be an excellent opportunity for UAE companies to showcase their expertise and products in Erbil - your gateway to doing business in Iraq. The first of the TradeUAE series took place in Erbil, Iraq from 16-17 April 2013, bringing a high-powered official business mission to Kurdistan.

TradeUAE Iraq brought together most of the trade-related government departments in the UAE. The UAE delegation included businessmen, investors and government officials, who participated in a two-day conference, workshops and site-visits designed to develop business links with the private and public sector in Kurdistan.

[millionday] so this is a huge whooopow this is next week -- would love to be there

[jtank] Md ? above mckissm

[millionday] smile rudie do you have ???

[rudie] mckissm] millionday I am completely in the dark when it comes to isx etc. There has been some conversation on here that the isx implementation is simply an updated platform and has nothing to do being international...new rates etc. Could you bring some light on this?

[millionday] the platform is the us platform -- it is global and for its entry to the globe --- there is no other reason for the change

[millionday] let me get it brb

[millionday] here we go -- the omx is the new york stock exchange platform

[millionday] As part of an effort to liberalize the economy, in the first three months of 2014, the Iraqi Central Bank granted approval to 15 Arab and international banks to open branches in Baghdad, with additional branches expected to open soon.

There is also a notable drive to grow and promote the stock markets, with senior Iraqi government officials and representatives from the country's two stock exchanges hosting a two-day forum in Dubai May 14-15 in a bid to court regional investors.

The Iraq Stock Exchange (ISX) is currently in the process of upgrading to the latest Nasdaq trading platform after signing an agreement with Nasdaq OMX in June 2013. The new platform, currently used by more than 25 exchanges globally, is capable of supporting multiple asset classes, although the ISX concentrates mainly on cash equities.

millionday] liberalize the economy

[lstar877] Im out of my meeting. So glad you're still here. Millionday did u explain yesterday that every country must have reality rate to trade on nasdaq?

[millionday] fair trade is a must for global trade

[lstar877] Whoopieeee!

[millionday] “We will complete the implementation at the end of June, and it will go live at the beginning of July,” said Taha Ahmed al-Rubaye, chief executive of the ISX.

“We are working hard to modernize the exchange.” The ISX is also assisting the Erbil Stock Exchange (ESX), the first exchange in Iraq’s semi-autonomous Kurdistan region, in setting up its Nasdaq trading system.

It is due to be fully implemented in July, and the ESX hopes to see around five to 10 listings by the end of 2014, including a major telecom company.

The ESX has $8 million in initial capitalization and 56 shareholders, primarily from the private sector. “We’re looking to have more than one financial center in Iraq. Maybe in the future we will also look at setting up an exchange in Basra,” said Rubaye. “We want to try and connect other regions with Baghdad.

millionday] Rubaye is also preparing to tackle an issue that has dogged the ISX since its establishment in 2004. “Once we have gone live with our new Nasdaq trading platform in July, we’re going to invite foreign banks to submit their proposals to operate as a custodian.”

The lack of a custodian is viewed as the biggest hurdle to expanding the exchange and attracting foreign investors. Aside from political risk, they are also concerned about third-party risk in the absence of custodian services.

“The biggest challenge is the custody issue,” says Sadeer Munir, managing director of the Baghdad-based financial advisory firm Melak Iraq. “I can’t remember the number of times we have had discussions with investors about custody.

Big institutions are shying away from the market, as they don’t have a custodian they can work with. Resolving that issue will serve as a big catalyst to growing the market. If you compare the size of the ISX to that of surrounding countries, it’s easy to see that it should be a lot larger.”

[lstar877] Didn't bush say this'll be the war that pays for itself?

[millionday] the banks that are listed as the most used or known include jp morgan and citigroup for custodian issues to do with stock markets throughout the globe

[millionday] lets read the rest

[millionday] With 84 listed companies, the ISX has a market capitalization of $9.5 billion to serve a population of 30 million, an amount substantially smaller than other oil-dependent markets in the Gulf Cooperation Council, which range in size from $208 billion in the United Arab Emirates to $479 billion in Saudi Arabia.

Toward the end of 2013, the ISX asked the Iraqi Securities Commission (ISC), which regulates the stock market, to ease requirements for custodians to hold shares.

In the past, industry insiders have complained that the proposed capital requirement set by the ISC was too onerous. “The original requirement was $50 million, which is a large amount for such a small market,” said a source who requested anonymity.

millionday] so the thing is that the requirements are large and too large according to most reports -- the isx should be much larger and will be with the oil market and the gain in the additional banks and international mergers and investors

[ajay214] millionday nothing in that says they will trade globally with the ISX - they are trying to attract investors, but nothing that they will trade globally

ajay214] I understand mckissem's confusion

[millionday] to see their private sector have this opportunity is a huge gain for the country`s economic role in the globe and the added oportunity for investors of course is nothing but exciting

[millionday] “My understanding is that some of the big banks are now looking at offering their services in this regard,” said Sanjay Motwani, president of Sansar Capital, which runs one of the largest equity funds in Iraq and has invested some $36 million since 2011.

“Some of the major foreign banks have entered Iraq in the last couple of years, and they’ve said that custody is something on their template. So I’m hopeful that a custodian will be appointed and once it has, I wouldn't be surprised if it led to a 300% re-rating in the market, because there will be a huge wall of money hitting Iraq."

[millionday] well the global platform in itself says that -- i would do some research to understand the stock markets and try to understand what the global platform is and how it will change from the country`s contained market right now

[millionday] if international platform with nasdaq is going to be launched -- it would not mean that they are maintaining by staying in country as a market for just themselves

[millionday] maybe is should bring some more info on the platform

ajay214] they aren't saying global platform in that respect - they are saying that 25 exchanges globally are using the platform

lstar877] Ajay214 ok if not global yet then we wait but it'll happen.

[ajay214] millionday - according to that last statement I do see it as them running their own platform, but nothing about it being global - they are trying to attract investors, but no where does it say they are doing this internationally or trading internationally.

[ajay214] lstar877 I hope I am proven wrong, but I don't see that indication here in what has been posted

jtank] Why hookup if not going global?

[millionday] here is cross listing which is also announced to be happening with isx

[ajay214] jtank they're already hooked up. they are changing and improving their platform.

[millionday] Key Points Cross-listed stocks trade on one or more foreign stock exchanges in addition to their domestic exchanges. Non-U.S. companies that cross-list their stocks on American exchanges, companies may improve liquidity and can potentially improve the quality of information about the issuer.

You can use a number of order types, including stop and stop-limit orders, for cross-listed stocks—but not for over-the-counter (OTC) stocks or American Depositary Receipts (ADRs) traded in the OTC market.

[millionday] ajay214 i understand your confusion if you have never invested in the stock market -- believe me you are not alone but -- with this happening this is good news just know that

ajay214] millionday I have invested in the stock market and that has nothing to do with this being a global thing - people are pinning their hopes that this is a must for the rv and I have yet to see any verification of that I guess we will just wait and see.

[ajay214] what I am hearing is that they MUST have a tradable currency (meaning rv) by the time this ISX platform takes effect and goes live and that just is not the case. Or at least I have seen nothing requiring such.

[millionday] ok everybody -- glad to see ya at roundtable --

[millionday] thank you rudie and all that helped smile

[millionday] we will see everyone at 730 est for newstime at dinarupdates.com we will talk more on stock markets tonight

[ajay214] millionday thanks - not trying to be argumentative here, just looking for clarification

[millionday] ajay214 thats what we all are doing here hun smile yw all the time

[millionday] wish i could have a class on stock markets but i will bring some info thats plain and simple so that we can understand what the launch of this means tonight -- see you later -- love to ya
Ponee
Ponee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum