Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Carnival Rides
Movin' on! I_icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2024 5:03 pm by kenlej

» Go Russia
Movin' on! I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2024 11:37 am by kenlej

» Go Russia
Movin' on! I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2024 10:51 am by kenlej

» Textbook Tony
Movin' on! I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2024 4:13 pm by Mission1st

» The Rockefellers and the controllers are freaking out right about now
Movin' on! I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2024 11:16 am by kenlej

» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
Movin' on! I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
Movin' on! I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
Movin' on! I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
Movin' on! I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
Movin' on! I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
Movin' on! I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
Movin' on! I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
Movin' on! I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
Movin' on! I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
Movin' on! I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
Movin' on! I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
Movin' on! I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
Movin' on! I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
Movin' on! I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
Movin' on! I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

Movin' on!

+4
Goldiegirl
HezekiaH
Ponee
aksafeone
8 posters

Go down

Movin' on! Empty Movin' on!

Post by aksafeone Mon May 05, 2014 9:32 am

Several weeks ago I suggested it was time to move on.  I did.  I

I have been rather lax in my attention to the dinar lately for a very interesting reason: a study of what to invest in that would give me instant gratification and build self confidence once again.  After weeks of pondering the problem and basically months of searching I found a niche to explore.

The old mall was more or less destroyed when Fred Meyer showed up in town - many years ago.  The old mall was THE place to be prior to that.  If an organization was anything it did something at the mall.  Christmas-Santa; Easter - Bunny time; Memorial Day - BBQ; etc.  People went to the mall. 

After Freddy showed up - the mall went into a spiral down, down , down until just recently the mall was sold to someone who had a plan - TO MAKE IT THE PLACE ONCE AGAIN.  The wiring was a mess - he is an electrician who owns a large electrical contracting company.  The mall needs renocations -his son in law and son own a major construction company.  The mall needs people - they have a plan to restore the masses to the hall ways.  In just one month the new owner has completely re-lit the mall with LED lighting, punched outside doors into all stores (it is a concrete building so that was a major thing); taken out the old "sidewalks of New York" atmosphere - replaced it with  a more open and flowing atmosphere; brought in a Boutique; allowed several present businesses to relocate within the mall; cleaned up the place - inside and out; and brought the Easter Bunny and egg hunt back.  Positive things!!!

That got me to thinking and conspiring with the barber and a Hallmark store owner.  What would it take to get some more people walking around?  A national company?  There are already 2 in the mall.  Something new - but what?

I miss the small vendors that sorta hang around the edges of the "stores."  SOOOOO, I explored the feasibility of a kisok that dispenses popcorn, hotdogs/brats/footlongs, nachos, pretzels, coca-cola, and coffee.  I found that to set up such a "booth" permanently in the mall would take approximately $8,000 to get started counting the first months mall rent.   All one needs is a couple of part time employees to "spell" the operator and help out during rush times.  Answer: High School girls (under supervision) and one part time adult.  None of the employees would work more than 20 hours a week and the consumables are readily available locally - some of them less than 300 feet away.

Movin' on, yep beats the dinar because there is a "play and trade" game store in the mall for the teenagers and a Sprotsman's Warehouse right next door.  What does that have to do with it?  Just pop a popper of popcorn, send someone down the way with a hot dog in their hand and let someone else observe nachos being consumed and find out!  Movin' on - not so bad after all AND THERE IS ALWAYS A HOT DOG, COKE, AND NACHO WAITING!!!  Life is good.
aksafeone
aksafeone
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Movin' on! Empty Re: Movin' on!

Post by Ponee Mon May 05, 2014 10:11 am

WHAT a WONDERFUL ENDEAVOR!  And a perfect way to bring the past into your present!   Will you be starting this soon?  It seems with a small investment, you will be getting a return on it fairly quickly.
Ponee
Ponee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by HezekiaH Mon May 05, 2014 4:44 pm

Wow That is very encouraging. Glad to hear of your new business and blessing on you and the business.

Wealth is what you have when all your money is gone!!!
HezekiaH
HezekiaH
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Goldiegirl Tue May 06, 2014 10:48 am

Congrats on your new business and that's wonderful news about your Kiosk. Something I wanted to do many years ago, but never got it off the ground. Stayed in my head. LOL

I have been busy myself lately with new career endeavours and haven't been around as much. As spring and summer starts I tend to be busy outside as well.

Keep us posted on your popcorn, and look into the use coconut oil as a topping, if you can!!!!. I bet you have a big seller on your hands!!!

:spring1:
Goldiegirl
Goldiegirl
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by wealthy already Tue May 06, 2014 2:15 pm

Peanuts, Popcorn, Hot dogs, .....add an occasional "guru clown" as sideshow and you are back in the center ring.

wealthy already

Back to top Go down

Post by Ponee Tue May 06, 2014 3:38 pm

It is wonderful to see people taking a healthy direction beyond the dinar.  I am excited to hear about the new journeys you all are taking.   What is it that you are doing now Goldie Girl?

Ponee
Ponee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by aksafeone Wed May 07, 2014 12:54 am

Ah, hey wealthy already:  I am  not now nor have I ever been in the cenbter ring.  That is reserved for gurus.

I do however remember what was good about going to the carnival or fair.  The hot dog stand idea has been an after thought of mine when dealing with the mall.  I personally had no intention of doing something like this until one day I was sitting on the group w bench at the mall and the subject of dinar gurus came up.  I started in my routine of a circus barker and it struck me that there was money to be made out of selling those very same products right there in the mall.  As a test I asked a friend to speak to one of the corner vendors that are found in the summer  at various points around and he stated that it would be profitable to persue a venture of that kind.

Sooooo, I am persuing said venture.  It appears to be more profitable and more immediately gratifying than the dinar has been.  i HAVE MOVED ON, when are others going to follow thier dreams too?

Make fun of me all you want - I will be laughing all the way to the bank.  Cheers!
aksafeone
aksafeone
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ssmith Wed May 07, 2014 7:49 am

Best of luck in your new business.  Have you given any thought to product names?  Instead of  just calling it a hotdog, popcorn, etc., how about a guru/circus theme?  For instance:  Bulldog Dog, Tony Smoothie, Natcho Okie.  Not the most clever names, but you get the idea.

>>>TNTBS's YouTube Channel<<<
Ssmith
Ssmith
GURU HUNTER
GURU HUNTER

Back to top Go down

Post by aksafeone Wed May 07, 2014 10:47 am

Interesting idea!  BUT, the idea of this venture was to MOVE ON from the dinar. 

I thought of calling the hot dogs sled dogs, the popcorn movie bait, the snow cones termination dust etc.  However, I just decided to name the whole thing:  Mall Munchies.

I know, not too imaginative, but hey this is Alaska and we don't get too excited about too much too often.  Must be all those long dark winter days and summers of mid night suns. 

I have to admit that I did at one time have the thought of selling ice cubes to eskimos, however that idea had already been taken years ago.  Another thought was to open a fly shop for the salmon fishermen, but then I went to the hardware store and low and behold - I was aced out once again.  The munchies thing just seemed a fit.  Besides I can eat what I don't sell.  Pass the mustard, please!

Movin' on! Ping
aksafeone
aksafeone
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ponee Wed May 07, 2014 10:59 am

MALL MUNCHIES !! !  GREAT NAME !  I can see the franchise now  - in EVERY MALL !!

Ponee
Ponee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Goldiegirl Wed May 07, 2014 11:29 am

Mall Munchies!!! Great name.  :spring1: 

Ponee, just looking at stepping back into the Corporate world again, only part time so I can have a work/life balance and then of course my new adventure as a "writer".  We'll see where that takes me, but it is a side of my soul that has been longing to do this for a while. So it's time.
Goldiegirl
Goldiegirl
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Goldiegirl Wed May 07, 2014 5:00 pm

I am noticing a whole lot of people moving on lately. In the areas of dinar investment, as well as other areas of their life. Must be something in the air...!!!

I do know that after 4 yrs of watching this, as well as educating myself, I find the more I learn, the less I am inclined to feel we will make a whole lot of money on this. The amount we earn may not be the amount of time, this takes away from enjoying life.

Nope, not having a bad day. Just being realistic and I think that I need to pull away myself from all of this right now. I guess this is why March and April seemed to be turning months for me in many areas of my life.

I guess I need a whole new set of dreams and that is what I am working on now, so if you don't see me online as much, you will know why.  It's not that I have forgotten you all. I just need to follow a new path.  I will check in from time to time when I can.

❇  

All the best....
GG
Goldiegirl
Goldiegirl
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Ssmith Thu May 08, 2014 10:59 am

I do understand people want to move on, but I'm not able to do so.  It has nothing to do with the RV/RI or whatever you call it.  I've already given up on that.  I'm waiting for this whole thing to implode on the roos....arrest warrants, indictments and jail time......that's what I'm waiting for.  There have been too many lives destroyed (financially, emotionally, etc.) for this to continue indefinitely.  

Best of luck to all who choose to take a break from this.  Please do check back in when you feel like it.  And Aksafeone, I hope Dinar, Inc. ( I think they are the ones who have a location in the Mall of the Americas) doesn't open a kiosk across the way.  (Said in jest, of course.  I do have a sick sense of humor, you know!)

>>>TNTBS's YouTube Channel<<<
Ssmith
Ssmith
GURU HUNTER
GURU HUNTER

Back to top Go down

Post by aksafeone Thu May 08, 2014 11:39 am

ss; not near as sick as mine, because I DO HOPE a Dinar booth opens near me!  That way I can watch the fun stuff and sit back and say " I TOLD YOU SO!"

I have not abandoned ship, just gone ashore on leave more often.  I still "haunt" DDD, just not as much as previously.  Besides I have a smart phone and check occasionally during the day to see what bafoon is in the center ring.  OH yeah, I still am the circus barker - just got tired of doing it every day all day long -  if the roos had behaved I could have rested!!

See, there are other things that a make "life wonderful!"  I always have had a perverse sense of humor.   I figure that if one of the dealer people in the other booth want a "dog" and a nacho - come on down!  And behind door number 3 we have snow cones!  Oh, and if you try to peddle your wares while at my kiosk - turn about is fair play and the circus barker returns.  Fair is fair.

Now I can hawk my wares for real:  Hot dogs, Nachos, Lattes.  Get your Brats right here!  "The Mall Munchie - the place to be."  I am aksafeone, and I approve this message.

Movin' on! Ping
aksafeone
aksafeone
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by onemore Thu May 08, 2014 10:53 pm

Are you in Fairbanks or Anchorage?

We're talking health, wellness, nutrition, eating plans, research here.

onemore

Back to top Go down

Post by aksafeone Fri May 09, 2014 12:28 am

Neither.
aksafeone
aksafeone
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevind53 Fri May 09, 2014 10:14 am

I'll take one with brown mustard and sauerkraut please.... 
Movin' on! Dog-wi10

Trust but Verify --- R Reagan Suspect

"Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you."1 Thessalonians 5:14–18

Movin' on! 2805820865  Movin' on! 2805820865  Movin' on! 2805820865  Movin' on! 2805820865
Kevind53
Kevind53
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by aksafeone Fri May 09, 2014 10:32 am

Darn Kevin that looks so good right now that I think I will make one for myself.  Nash, too early!  But, you brought up something that I had been arguing with myself about.

What to put out for "additives" for the dogs.  Since this will be a kind of off shoot of the gas station serve yourself theory it makes it a little more interesting about what one places out for the public to add to their dog.  I am leaning toward chili, cheese (since the nachos will already be there), and the usual condiments. 

My idea was to make this as simplistic as possible.  Easy for the customer, easy for me.  Since I am the original Chef Boy OUT of his Tree, I deduced that the easier one makes it the better. 

So far this is in the planning stages.  The kiosk has not been constructed, however some of the equipment has already shown up.  The mall owner is to build the kiosk and do the installation of water/drain/electricity etc.  Parts and pieces appear every couple of days so maybe there is hope that eventually this will be a reality.  Strange how an idea develops and then becomes reality.  Sometimes it takes a minute and other times longer.  In Alaska the LONGER usually means waiting for freight to get here.  Many lower 48 state endors do not ship to Alaska - why not is beyond us as we don't tink much of paying freight bills that are reasonable - cost of living where we do.  Always has amazed me that we get discriminated against and we provide tax money (even our kids pay income tax on their permanent fund dividends) to the governing body in Washington and (we think) out outrageous air fares - since we are basically hostages to the airlines ticket counters.  But that is another thing.  WE were discussing Hot Dogs.

Ah, it takes me back to my youth and hanging around the hot dog vendor at the fairgrounds or the camp fire while camping out.  The dog on a stick over an open fire - makes you want to grab the makings and a bag of marshmellows - doesn't it ?

See, who needs to focus on the dinar anyway?
Movin' on! Ping
aksafeone
aksafeone
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevind53 Fri May 09, 2014 10:45 am

I'm a bit of a purist hotdog wise. My dad grew up in the shadow of Coney Island, so hotdogs were always served with mustard and sauerkraut. I will on occasion have what we call here in the east a Michigan, chili and diced onions, but rarely anything beyond that. We have a couple of people locally who have made a very successful business out of selling hot dogs and sausage, peppers and onions. Nothing fancy, just that with condiments, chips in a bag, and soda in a can. The key is using top quality, fresh ingredients, and of course the most important one is the hot dog or sausage, they have to have a good "snap" when you bite into them, and be juicy with a good flavor.

The staples here seem to be onions, relish, mustard (yellow and spicy brown,) sauerkraut, chili, cheese and chutney. I may have to grab me one while I am running errands ...

"Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you."1 Thessalonians 5:14–18

Movin' on! 2805820865  Movin' on! 2805820865  Movin' on! 2805820865  Movin' on! 2805820865
Kevind53
Kevind53
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Goldiegirl Fri May 09, 2014 5:35 pm

I think Kev's idea of sauerkraut is a good idea.

Here are a few more:

dijoin mustard (for the sophisticated ones...LOL and my fav), chilli sauce, hot sauce, onions, bacon, jalapenos, pickled peppers, mayo, corn relish, carmalized onions, red onion, pickles, cole slaw.

If you make one with chilli and cheese, give it a name.  Something exotic or Mexican sounding.  Call it the Mexicana or something. Guys go for that sort of thing. They can't make decisions on toppings...sorry but you can't. They do like names though.  I can hear them now..give me two Mexicana Grande's...

You can start a thread here with a hot dog name contest and see what the members might name them and what's condiments are on them. Try to have at least 3 different predetermined names and then the rest can just be whatever the customer wants. You know..for those boring little children who want ONLY ketchup...LOL

I'd go for one of these...Grande Mexicana .

Movin' on! Chili%20on%20hot%20dog
Goldiegirl
Goldiegirl
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Goldiegirl Fri May 09, 2014 5:44 pm

Here's some other ideas from Pinks.

http://www.pinkshollywood.com/hotdogmonthad.html

http://www.pinkshollywood.com/
check the pics on this one. The one with bacon looks amazing.

See they name some of theirs.  I know you won't have fries so don't worry about that, but I am a big believer in telling people what they want (I do that for a living) and names on hot dogs with predetermined condiments helps them.  They can't always say...hey AKSA....splash some of that hot sauce on that Grande will ya....

Just another thought. Are you going to offer a chicken dog for people who don't want to eat beef? 

:winky winky:
Goldiegirl
Goldiegirl
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Goldiegirl Fri May 09, 2014 5:49 pm

Look at the one with bacon.

Movin' on! 2008630PinksPlatter
Goldiegirl
Goldiegirl
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by aksafeone Fri May 09, 2014 7:50 pm

Ah, I don't plan on fixing any thing for the customer - THEY WILL MAKE THEIR OWN "MESS" OF THE "MEAL."  i  will just provide the instruments of concoction?!.  It works for the gas station stores - ought to work in a mall. 

I do like the idea of naming the dogs.  Maybe that will be an opening weekend thing - name the dog and get a half dozen free.  Entry into the contest?  Yep, ya gotta do the dog ya are a gonna name.

This gets better the longer we discuss this.  Good thing all the parts and pieces are not yet in place the the aroma his permeating the mall!!!
aksafeone
aksafeone
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Goldiegirl Fri May 09, 2014 9:04 pm

Name that Dog...lets start a new thread...

:okjh:
Sorry Aksa...I am a bit of a salesperson. I like to help people decide when they can't.  Lot's of men can't decide unless they are provided direction. Not to insult anyone but I am sure many here would agree men can be persuaded and if they see or read an idea it helps them.  Women always know what they want.  I was in the food industry for quite a few years and I know men.

Movin' on! 3508649203

I like the chilli cheese dog.... Movin' on! 1211619650  but I am sure there are some good ones that someone can come up with. It's all about sales and implanting the thought.

:cheers:  :cheers:  :cheers:  :cheers:  :cheers:  :cheers:  :cheers:  :cheers:  :cheers:  :cheers:  :cheers:  :cheers:  :cheers:  :cheers:  :cheers:

Last edited by Goldiegirl on Sat May 10, 2014 9:01 am; edited 2 times in total
Goldiegirl
Goldiegirl
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevind53 Fri May 09, 2014 9:39 pm

Goldiegirl wrote:
Just another thought. Are you going to offer a chicken dog for people who don't want to eat beef? 

Sacrilege!

Kevind53
Kevind53
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Producer1 Sat May 10, 2014 1:13 am

When I lived in Hollywood, we ate at Pink's quite often.  Such a great hot dog experience!

Producer1

Back to top Go down

Post by Goldiegirl Sat May 10, 2014 9:09 am

Kevind53 wrote:
Goldiegirl wrote:

Sacrilege!
Hahahaha

Kevin, you want to have a little something for everyone at your hot dog stand. Aren't you happy that I didn't suggest a veggie weenie...!!!

Movin' on! 3508649203  Movin' on! 3508649203  Movin' on! 3508649203
Goldiegirl
Goldiegirl
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevind53 Sat May 10, 2014 10:45 am

That might have been grounds for disbarment or something ...  raspberry

Kevind53
Kevind53
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Goldiegirl Sat May 10, 2014 11:33 am

It's all about supply and demand Kevin. I would be supplying whatever the customers wanted. I would ask them to complete questionnaires and deposting them in a ballot box.  
 :okjh: 

I'm all about catering to my customers to make the most money. How do you think Pinks got so big?

Goldiegirl
Goldiegirl
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevind53 Sat May 10, 2014 3:47 pm

Hey what can I say I'm one of those knuckle dragging red meat eaters ....  coffee From a practical point a view though, a kiosk typically has fairly limited storage and so you need to keep things simple.

Kevind53
Kevind53
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by aksafeone Sun May 11, 2014 11:10 am

Bingo!  Kevin get's the prize!! 

Limited storage and a kiosk is almost impossible to secure properly.  Makes life so interesting.

But, hey the difference is (not the actual amount) between $400 and $1500 per month.  And when you are selling merchandise at less than $5 per, employing at least 3 people and having to deal with theft on a daily basis -- kiosk makes sense.  The one saving grace I will have is that I already have a freezer trailer (ice business) that can be used occasionally (peak periods like special events) although the cost may not justify the results when considered into the final accounting formula.  I have purchased a hot dog stand accounting program that looks like it will fill the bill.  Amazing what some people think of, isn't it?

Simple - yep I like that.  The more things are simple the better they are.  Easier to deal with employees too.  I LIKE simple.
aksafeone
aksafeone
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Goldiegirl Sun May 11, 2014 12:35 pm

Hey, what can I say. I am of the mindset, "Go Big or Go Home"...

Most men like simple. It's women who have the creative spirit.

Movin' on! 3508649203 

Good luck with your business.  Hire the right people and nobody will steal from you.
Goldiegirl
Goldiegirl
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum