Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» The Rockefellers and the controllers are freaking out right about now
FOUR HERB TEAS FOR THE SPRING I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 11:16 am by kenlej

» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
FOUR HERB TEAS FOR THE SPRING I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
FOUR HERB TEAS FOR THE SPRING I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
FOUR HERB TEAS FOR THE SPRING I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
FOUR HERB TEAS FOR THE SPRING I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
FOUR HERB TEAS FOR THE SPRING I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
FOUR HERB TEAS FOR THE SPRING I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
FOUR HERB TEAS FOR THE SPRING I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
FOUR HERB TEAS FOR THE SPRING I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
FOUR HERB TEAS FOR THE SPRING I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
FOUR HERB TEAS FOR THE SPRING I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
FOUR HERB TEAS FOR THE SPRING I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
FOUR HERB TEAS FOR THE SPRING I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
FOUR HERB TEAS FOR THE SPRING I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
FOUR HERB TEAS FOR THE SPRING I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
FOUR HERB TEAS FOR THE SPRING I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
FOUR HERB TEAS FOR THE SPRING I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
FOUR HERB TEAS FOR THE SPRING I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
FOUR HERB TEAS FOR THE SPRING I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
FOUR HERB TEAS FOR THE SPRING I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

FOUR HERB TEAS FOR THE SPRING

Go down

FOUR HERB TEAS FOR THE SPRING Empty FOUR HERB TEAS FOR THE SPRING

Post by alleyrose Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:36 am

Many edible weeds and wildcrafted herbs that appear in the spring are excellent home remedies for the springtime. Dandelion and nettle grow pretty much everywhere; both are full of nutrients and both also make great spring detox teas. Cherry blossoms and apple blossoms have a delicate sweet flavor and are lovely additions to DIY tea blends.
FOUR HERB TEAS FOR THE SPRING Herb-Teas-for-the-Spring

Stinging Nettle DIY Herb Tea
The humble stinging nettle is rich in several vitamins and minerals, such as vitamin C and E, and iron. Nettles help to get your strength and energy levels back after the winter (or after an illness), and they also help to cleanse the blood and remove toxins. I often make a DIY herbal detox infusion in the spring with nettles, dandelion and birch leaves and drink it daily for a couple of weeks. In herbal medicine, nettle tea is sometimes used to treat hay fever and other allergies.
Nettles are best used in the spring, when they also grow everywhere in abundance and when their flavor is the best. Pick the young leaves from the top of the plant (use gloves to protect your hands). Later in the year nettles might develop a slightly more bitter flavor, although they can still be used in tea blends. Ideally pick from a location where chemical fertilizers are not used!
Dandelion: Ideal for Detox Tea Blends
Dandelion is another “edible weed” that really should not be called a “weed”; this plant is so full of nutrients and has so many health benefits. It is a great natural detoxifier and a traditional herbal remedy for the liver and the kidneys. Dandelion is diuretic, relieves constipation and improves digestion. All parts of dandelion can be eaten, but I usually use just the flowers and the leaves for tea. You can also add young dandelion leaves and flowers to salads and use the roots in soups and stews.

Chamomile: Home Remedy for Hay Fever
If you grow your own chamomile plants, you’ll have a steady source of one of the besthome remedies for many everyday health concerns in the family. Chamomile infusion or tea is a natural home remedy for hay fever; I get a little hay fever sometimes in the spring, and drinking chamomile tea several times a day relieves the symptoms. Homemade infusions are always my first choice, but chamomile tea bags work, too.
Apple and Cherry Blossom Tea
When apple and cherry blossoms come out, pick a few and add to your homemade herbal infusions. Both flowers have a sweet flavor and make nice additions to tea blends. Apple blossom tea is also said to soothe the nerves.
A good source of information about making your own herbal teas and tonics isRosemary Gladstar’s Herbal Recipes for Vibrant Health: 175 Teas, Tonics, Oils, Salves, Tinctures, and Other Natural Remedies for the Entire Family
http://untrainedhousewife.com/four-herb-teas-for-the-spring

All we have to do is decide what to do with the time that is given to us.........~Gandalf~

Come visit me: www.alleysplace.net
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alleysplace1/
alleyrose
alleyrose
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum