Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» The Rockefellers and the controllers are freaking out right about now
Hoax--British Scientists Clone Dinosaur I_icon_minitimeToday at 11:16 am by kenlej

» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
Hoax--British Scientists Clone Dinosaur I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
Hoax--British Scientists Clone Dinosaur I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
Hoax--British Scientists Clone Dinosaur I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
Hoax--British Scientists Clone Dinosaur I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
Hoax--British Scientists Clone Dinosaur I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
Hoax--British Scientists Clone Dinosaur I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
Hoax--British Scientists Clone Dinosaur I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
Hoax--British Scientists Clone Dinosaur I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
Hoax--British Scientists Clone Dinosaur I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
Hoax--British Scientists Clone Dinosaur I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
Hoax--British Scientists Clone Dinosaur I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
Hoax--British Scientists Clone Dinosaur I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
Hoax--British Scientists Clone Dinosaur I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
Hoax--British Scientists Clone Dinosaur I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
Hoax--British Scientists Clone Dinosaur I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
Hoax--British Scientists Clone Dinosaur I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
Hoax--British Scientists Clone Dinosaur I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
Hoax--British Scientists Clone Dinosaur I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
Hoax--British Scientists Clone Dinosaur I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

Hoax--British Scientists Clone Dinosaur

+3
Saint
Kevind53
Ponee
7 posters

Go down

Hoax--British Scientists Clone Dinosaur Empty Hoax--British Scientists Clone Dinosaur

Post by Ponee Sun Mar 30, 2014 4:35 pm

Hoax -British Scientists Clone Dinosaur

Scientists at Liverpool's John Moore University have successfully cloned a dinosaur, a spokesman from the university said yesterday.

The dinosaur, a baby Apatosaurus nicknamed “Spot,” is currently being incubated at the University's College of Veterinary Medicine.

The scientists extracted DNA from preserved Apatosaurus fossils, which were on display at the university’s museum of natural science. Once the DNA was harvested, scientists injected it into a fertile ostrich womb.

“Ostriches share a lot of genetic traits with dinosaurs,” said Dr. Gerrard Jones, a biology professor at LJMU and the project’s leading scientist. “Their eggshell microstructures are almost identical to those of the Apatosaurus. That’s why the cloning worked so perfectly.”

Those in the scientific community say the dinosaur cloning – the first ever of its kind – is a milestone for genetic engineering.

“I used to think this kind of thing could only happen in the movies,” said Dr. Gemma Sheridan, a LJMU chemistry professor. “But we’re making it happen right here in our lab. It’s astounding.”

Hoax--British Scientists Clone Dinosaur PB222344

The cloning attracted the attention of a wide variety of animal rights activists and religious groups. They claim that animal cloning is unethical and immoral.

PETA President Craig Farmer criticized the scientists for performing potentially life threatening threats on a new species.

“These scientists brought an animal from the Jurassic age back to life – just to watch it suffer!” he said.

But Dr. Sheridan doesn’t seem to be bothered by the activists’ quibbling. She says that the opportunities afforded by dinosaur cloning are endless.

Within ten years, we could repopulate the world with dinosaurs,” she said.

As of press time, the dinosaur is in stable condition. Scientists plan to run more tests on him today.

http://news-hound.biz/british-scientists-clone-dinosaur/

Last edited by Ponee on Mon Oct 12, 2015 7:36 am; edited 3 times in total
Ponee
Ponee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Hoax--British Scientists Clone Dinosaur Empty Re: Hoax--British Scientists Clone Dinosaur

Post by Kevind53 Sun Mar 30, 2014 5:57 pm

Talk about opening a can o' worms, from an ethical standpoint, just because we can do something should we. Perhaps if it were something relatively recently extinct, like say the dodo or passenger pigeon you might, MIGHT make a case, but a dinosaur that's been extinct for tens of thousands of years ... I say no.

Trust but Verify --- R Reagan Suspect

"Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you."1 Thessalonians 5:14–18

Hoax--British Scientists Clone Dinosaur 2805820865  Hoax--British Scientists Clone Dinosaur 2805820865  Hoax--British Scientists Clone Dinosaur 2805820865  Hoax--British Scientists Clone Dinosaur 2805820865
Kevind53
Kevind53
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Hoax--British Scientists Clone Dinosaur Empty Re: Hoax--British Scientists Clone Dinosaur

Post by Saint Sun Mar 30, 2014 6:50 pm

Ummmmm. Jurassic Park.   omg 

I agree Kevin we have no business creating something froom the past, it's why it's the past.    Big NO-NO  Big NO-NO

angel2 angel2
Saint
Saint
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevind53 Sun Mar 30, 2014 7:13 pm

I'm just hoping they decided to get an early start on April 1st!

"Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you."1 Thessalonians 5:14–18

Hoax--British Scientists Clone Dinosaur 2805820865  Hoax--British Scientists Clone Dinosaur 2805820865  Hoax--British Scientists Clone Dinosaur 2805820865  Hoax--British Scientists Clone Dinosaur 2805820865
Kevind53
Kevind53
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ponee Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:02 am

It kind of looks like a Kangaroo baby doesn't it?

Ponee
Ponee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by littlesam Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:36 am

question Dino.... Maybe a new Flintstones movie....  run doesn't surprise me at all. Hmmm and probably using our tax dollars to.
littlesam
littlesam
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by RoyBoy Mon Mar 31, 2014 4:23 pm

OMG Just leave it be, poor little guy will grow up with no one to eat. So I wonder if they have a island picked out yet?
RoyBoy
RoyBoy
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by alleyrose Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:21 am

You guys know that's a baby kangaroo hey?

All we have to do is decide what to do with the time that is given to us.........~Gandalf~

Come visit me: www.alleysplace.net
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alleysplace1/
alleyrose
alleyrose
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevind53 Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:43 am

Never saw a baby kangaroo ... so no I wouldn't. I WAS wondering what it could actually be.

Kevind53
Kevind53
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by alleyrose Tue Apr 01, 2014 5:13 pm

Yes that's a baby skippy! I read this article a few days ago and my biggest issue with it is the fact that they WANT to bring back dinosaurs on a large scale! I mean why would they do that? It's pretty scary!

All we have to do is decide what to do with the time that is given to us.........~Gandalf~

alleyrose
alleyrose
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevind53 Tue Apr 01, 2014 6:51 pm

Ugly little buggers they are ... I had a feeling it was some sort of mammal. Reptiles are generally born looking pretty much like the adult critter, and it definitely wasn't a bird. But it sure the heck wasn't anything I had ever seen.

If I looked like that I'd find a pouch to hide in too LOL!

Kevind53
Kevind53
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by alleyrose Tue Apr 01, 2014 7:01 pm

hahahahahahah oh they are way worse when they are smaller, like little grubs with legs blah! So beautiful when they are fully formed and have hair on them LOL!

alleyrose
alleyrose
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Goldiegirl Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:47 pm

People starving in the world, the economy is going to hell and we are creating creatures that can eat us?

omg 

Maybe we can feed the little guy some "guru's". 
 Hoax--British Scientists Clone Dinosaur 3508649203
Goldiegirl
Goldiegirl
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by alleyrose Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:17 pm

Yep!! It's ridiculous!

alleyrose
alleyrose
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevind53 Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:52 pm

The scary part is that this is theoretically possible today. Not perfected, certainly not practical, but the science is there, or at least pretty much so.

On a more positive note, I was reading today that a treatment for regenerating failed discs in the back using your own adult stem cells is approved for human clinical trials, so we may see a practical treatment for a whole lot of chronic back pain sufferers in 3 to 5 years.

Kevind53
Kevind53
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by alleyrose Wed Apr 02, 2014 1:01 am

They are using your own stem cells for curing MS too Kevin! Lots of amazing break throughs happening!

alleyrose
alleyrose
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevind53 Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:12 am

Also growing simple organs. No hearts, lung etc yet, all they have had some experimental success with injecting stem cells into damaged heart tissue, but they are growing and implanting trachea, bladders and other similar organs. Very cool stuff.

Kevind53
Kevind53
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Saint Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:32 am

Wow, pretty soon you may not be able to tell if omg  your talking to a human being or to a complete clone. SCARY comes to mind.

angel2 angel2
Saint
Saint
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by alleyrose Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:39 am

Yes I think it's scary too Saint. No good can come from cloning in my opinion.

alleyrose
alleyrose
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevind53 Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:36 am

Cloning I agree, it's scary, biomedical applications that could save lives, are another story.

Kevind53
Kevind53
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ponee Fri Aug 28, 2015 8:35 pm

FROM SNOPES.COM

The story was easily spotted as nothing more than a hoax, however, for a variety of reasons:

• First of all, the NewsHound web site was not a news site at all, and it had, in place of reporting on actual events, reproduced a number of other hoaxes and spoofs as if they were real news, such as long-debunked stories about a Chinese man suing his wife over giving birth to an ugly baby, Apple paying Microsoft [sic] a $1 billion debt all in nickels, a planetary alignment causing gravity on Earth to be negated for five minutes, and Google Earth helping to locate a woman who had been stranded on a desert island for seven years.
  • Second, the Newshound article's photograph of the baby dinosaur was not an image of a dinosaur at all; it was a repurposed picture of a baby kangaroo which was originally published by an Australian community group to accompany an article about rescuing injured macropods (kangaroos and wallabies) and is actually an illustration of an unfurred joey (newborn kangaroo):

image: http://www.granitenet.com.au/assets/images/GBWC/PB222344.JPG
    Hoax--British Scientists Clone Dinosaur PB222344

• Finally, no other reports of this story or any other corroborating information related to it has been reported by the mainstream press or any other credible news outlet.

Read more at http://www.snopes.com/inboxer/hoaxes/dinosaurclone.asp#VgYSwOK21QFFsaSz.99

Ponee
Ponee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum