Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» The Rockefellers and the controllers are freaking out right about now
China’s Treasury Holdings Climb to Record in Government Data I_icon_minitimeToday at 11:16 am by kenlej

» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
China’s Treasury Holdings Climb to Record in Government Data I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
China’s Treasury Holdings Climb to Record in Government Data I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
China’s Treasury Holdings Climb to Record in Government Data I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
China’s Treasury Holdings Climb to Record in Government Data I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
China’s Treasury Holdings Climb to Record in Government Data I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
China’s Treasury Holdings Climb to Record in Government Data I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
China’s Treasury Holdings Climb to Record in Government Data I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
China’s Treasury Holdings Climb to Record in Government Data I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
China’s Treasury Holdings Climb to Record in Government Data I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
China’s Treasury Holdings Climb to Record in Government Data I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
China’s Treasury Holdings Climb to Record in Government Data I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
China’s Treasury Holdings Climb to Record in Government Data I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
China’s Treasury Holdings Climb to Record in Government Data I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
China’s Treasury Holdings Climb to Record in Government Data I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
China’s Treasury Holdings Climb to Record in Government Data I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
China’s Treasury Holdings Climb to Record in Government Data I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
China’s Treasury Holdings Climb to Record in Government Data I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
China’s Treasury Holdings Climb to Record in Government Data I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
China’s Treasury Holdings Climb to Record in Government Data I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

China’s Treasury Holdings Climb to Record in Government Data

Go down

China’s Treasury Holdings Climb to Record in Government Data Empty China’s Treasury Holdings Climb to Record in Government Data

Post by Ponee Mon Feb 17, 2014 6:47 pm

China’s Treasury Holdings Climb to Record in Government Data
By Ian KatzJan 15, 2014 7:57 PM ET

China’s Treasury Holdings Climb to Record in Government Data IXxWPXfeMXNoPhotographer: Nelson Ching/Bloomberg
China’s pace of foreign-exchange reserve accumulation will be slower this year due to...

China’s pace of foreign-exchange reserve accumulation will be slower this year due to the Federal Reserve’s monetary tapering, likely widening of the yuan’s trading band and tighter controls on arbitrage activities, sai UBS AG Hong Kong-based economist Wang Tao. Photographer: Nelson Ching/Bloomberg

China’s pace of foreign-exchange reserve accumulation will be slower this year due to the Federal Reserve’s monetary tapering, likely widening of the yuan’s trading band and tighter controls on arbitrage activities, sai UBS AG Hong Kong-based economist Wang Tao.

China’s holdings of U.S. Treasuries increased $12.2 billion to a record $1.317 trillion in November, data released on the Treasury Department’s website showed.

The figures, scheduled for release at 9 a.m. tomorrow in Washington, were inadvertently posted on the Treasury’s website. Japan’s holdings rose $12 billion to $1.186 trillion, the figures showed.

China’s swelling foreign-exchange reserves, reported today to have reached a world record $3.82 trillion at the end of December, may sustain the nation’s appetite for U.S. debt. Capital inflows and intervention to limit gains in the yuan have contributed to China building up currency holdings that are a third of the global total.

“Large interest-rate differential and steady appreciation of the renminbi contributed to large arbitrage inflows into China, a situation made all the more easy with China’s increasing financial integration and renminbi internationalization,” UBS AG Hong Kong-based economist Wang Tao wrote in a report on China’s data.

China’s pace of foreign-exchange reserve accumulation will be slower this year due to the Federal Reserve’s monetary tapering, likely widening of the yuan’s trading band and tighter controls on arbitrage activities, Wang said.

Early Release
A Treasury spokeswoman said that because of an error, limited amounts of data were posted on the department’s website ahead of the official release, and were removed as soon as it was discovered. The full November 2013 data will be released as previously scheduled at 9 a.m. tomorrow, she said.

The yuan this week reached 6.0406 per dollar, the strongest since the government unified the official and market exchange rates at the end of 1993. The latest data on China’s foreign-currency holdings contrasted with Yi Gang, a deputy governor at the central bank, saying in November that it was “no longer in China’s favor to accumulate foreign-exchange reserves.’

The U.S. data showed net long-term portfolio investment outflow was $29.3 billion in November after a revised inflow the month before of $28.7 billion, the Treasury’s figures showed. The total cross-border outflow in November, including short-term securities such as Treasury bills and stock swaps, was $16.6 billion, after a revised inflow of $188.1 billion in October, the data showed.

The Standard & Poor’s 500 Index (SPX) gained 2.8 percent in November. Investors in Treasuries lost 0.4 percent that month, according to Bloomberg World Bond (BUSY) Indexes. The Bloomberg U.S. Dollar Index, a gauge of the greenback’s value against 10 major currencies weighted by liquidity and trade flows, gained 0.9 percent in November.
To contact the reporter on this story: Ian Katz in Washington at ikatz2@bloomberg.net
To contact the editor responsible for this story: Chris Wellisz at cwellisz@bloomberg.net

Read More

Ponee
Ponee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum