Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» The Rockefellers and the controllers are freaking out right about now
IMF Warns Of Fraudulent E-Mails and Financial Scams Misusing Its Name I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 11:16 am by kenlej

» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
IMF Warns Of Fraudulent E-Mails and Financial Scams Misusing Its Name I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
IMF Warns Of Fraudulent E-Mails and Financial Scams Misusing Its Name I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
IMF Warns Of Fraudulent E-Mails and Financial Scams Misusing Its Name I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
IMF Warns Of Fraudulent E-Mails and Financial Scams Misusing Its Name I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
IMF Warns Of Fraudulent E-Mails and Financial Scams Misusing Its Name I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
IMF Warns Of Fraudulent E-Mails and Financial Scams Misusing Its Name I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
IMF Warns Of Fraudulent E-Mails and Financial Scams Misusing Its Name I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
IMF Warns Of Fraudulent E-Mails and Financial Scams Misusing Its Name I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
IMF Warns Of Fraudulent E-Mails and Financial Scams Misusing Its Name I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
IMF Warns Of Fraudulent E-Mails and Financial Scams Misusing Its Name I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
IMF Warns Of Fraudulent E-Mails and Financial Scams Misusing Its Name I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
IMF Warns Of Fraudulent E-Mails and Financial Scams Misusing Its Name I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
IMF Warns Of Fraudulent E-Mails and Financial Scams Misusing Its Name I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
IMF Warns Of Fraudulent E-Mails and Financial Scams Misusing Its Name I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
IMF Warns Of Fraudulent E-Mails and Financial Scams Misusing Its Name I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
IMF Warns Of Fraudulent E-Mails and Financial Scams Misusing Its Name I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
IMF Warns Of Fraudulent E-Mails and Financial Scams Misusing Its Name I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
IMF Warns Of Fraudulent E-Mails and Financial Scams Misusing Its Name I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
IMF Warns Of Fraudulent E-Mails and Financial Scams Misusing Its Name I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

IMF Warns Of Fraudulent E-Mails and Financial Scams Misusing Its Name

3 posters

Go down

IMF Warns Of Fraudulent E-Mails and Financial Scams Misusing Its Name Empty IMF Warns Of Fraudulent E-Mails and Financial Scams Misusing Its Name

Post by Ponee Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:28 pm

IMF Warns Of Fraudulent E-Mails and Financial Scams Misusing Its Name

Press Release No. 06/154
July 14, 2006

The Finance Department of the International Monetary Fund (IMF)today issued the following statement to warn the public about fraudulent e-mail messages and financial scams misusing the name of the IMF:

"A recent increase in deceptive schemes designed to defraud members of the public and potential investors has prompted the IMF to repeat its warning about any unsolicited e-mail or other unsolicited communications purportedly originating from, or implying an affiliation with, the IMF.

"The IMF does not send any unsolicited business communications to individuals. The IMF is an intergovernmental organization that conducts its financial transactions directly and exclusively with its member countries. The IMF does not operate through other agents nor endorse the activities of any bank, financial institution, or other public or private agency.
"The IMF has learned of various forms of identity fraud and financial fraud involving the unauthorized use of the IMF's name and emblem. This includes `phishing' attacks, in which the names of IMF officials have been misused to deceive recipients into disclosing personal financial information, and `spoofing' attempts, in which a false copy of the IMF website had been created with false contact information, to mislead potential users.

"The IMF warns the public against various forms of cross-border fraud, investment fraud, advanced fee scams and similar scams (sent by e-mail or hard copy letter) in which the IMF's name has been fraudulently used to induce potential investors. The IMF wishes to stress that it is neither the author of, nor in any other way associated with, such fraudulent activities. The IMF does not issue or guarantee any obligations called "Prime Bank Notes," "Prime Bank Guarantees," "Bill of Exchange" or the like, nor does it extend any credit lines through commercial banks or other agencies. Moreover, the IMF does not guarantee debentures or other financial instruments issued by a member country or any other entity. It does not sponsor investment programs, "high-yield financial programs" or issue to countries or to outside parties an "IMF number," "IMF Country Registration Number", or the like.

Please forward suspicious communications to the relevant law enforcement authorities and to "IMF Public Affairs, Washington, DC 20431" or publicaffairs@imf.org ."

For similar IMF warnings, see News Brief Number 96/14 of November 18, 1996.

Ponee
Ponee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

IMF Warns Of Fraudulent E-Mails and Financial Scams Misusing Its Name Empty Re: IMF Warns Of Fraudulent E-Mails and Financial Scams Misusing Its Name

Post by penny3159 Tue Feb 11, 2014 3:49 pm

I have been getting emails from the IMF and the United Nations for years
and all were (are) linked to a scam..
 I use to report them, and now I figure it is just easier to delete them and go on with my day, because with all the reporting I did, nothing stopped them from coming threw

I all so get them from ATT - Fed ex - UPS - citi bank - Wells Fargo - and even the United States postal service

Just be smart and stop and think before you act when you get emails that look strange, or seem to good to be true.

I got bored a few years ago and LO and behold I got a scam email from the UK. they Were trying to get me to give them bank account info because they claimed I had Millions of dollars Held with them  in my name SO I strung them along till I was get bored again and then I emailed them and told them SHAME ON YOU FOR TRYING TO GET MONEY FROM HARD WORKING PEOPLE THAT JUST WERE LOOKING FOR A DREAM TO SAVE THEM AND GIVE THEM FREEDOM FROM THE RAT RACE

But I never gave any information, not even my name.... Smile

penny3159

Back to top Go down

IMF Warns Of Fraudulent E-Mails and Financial Scams Misusing Its Name Empty Re: IMF Warns Of Fraudulent E-Mails and Financial Scams Misusing Its Name

Post by Ponee Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:16 pm

This post was directed at the way TONY keeps using the IMF name in all of his posts, claiming they said this and they said that... using the IMF as his direct source etc.  It dont care about the Email thing.  If people dont realize by now it is spam and scam in their email then  they are way behind the times....

Ponee
Ponee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevind53 Tue Feb 11, 2014 5:06 pm

You would be amazed ... I actually disagree there are people still trying to scam folks by e-mail every day. I checked by spam folder the other day and found six of various flavors in there.

Trust but Verify --- R Reagan Suspect

"Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you."1 Thessalonians 5:14–18

IMF Warns Of Fraudulent E-Mails and Financial Scams Misusing Its Name 2805820865  IMF Warns Of Fraudulent E-Mails and Financial Scams Misusing Its Name 2805820865  IMF Warns Of Fraudulent E-Mails and Financial Scams Misusing Its Name 2805820865  IMF Warns Of Fraudulent E-Mails and Financial Scams Misusing Its Name 2805820865
Kevind53
Kevind53
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ponee Tue Feb 11, 2014 5:38 pm

I didnt say that there wasn't people out there trying to scam people I just said that wasn't my purpose of the post...I know there are sitll stupid things in EMAIL, I like the two of you just don't pay attention to them.  I am just hoping that Tony's bull falls under this post by the IMF and that it has bearing on what happens in the future

Ponee
Ponee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevind53 Tue Feb 11, 2014 6:08 pm

I hear you, but don't count on it ...

Trust but Verify --- R Reagan Suspect

"Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you."1 Thessalonians 5:14–18

IMF Warns Of Fraudulent E-Mails and Financial Scams Misusing Its Name 2805820865  IMF Warns Of Fraudulent E-Mails and Financial Scams Misusing Its Name 2805820865  IMF Warns Of Fraudulent E-Mails and Financial Scams Misusing Its Name 2805820865  IMF Warns Of Fraudulent E-Mails and Financial Scams Misusing Its Name 2805820865
Kevind53
Kevind53
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum