Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» The Rockefellers and the controllers are freaking out right about now
A Top Manager Resigns From China’s Foreign Exchange Agency I_icon_minitimeToday at 11:16 am by kenlej

» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
A Top Manager Resigns From China’s Foreign Exchange Agency I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
A Top Manager Resigns From China’s Foreign Exchange Agency I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
A Top Manager Resigns From China’s Foreign Exchange Agency I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
A Top Manager Resigns From China’s Foreign Exchange Agency I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
A Top Manager Resigns From China’s Foreign Exchange Agency I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
A Top Manager Resigns From China’s Foreign Exchange Agency I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
A Top Manager Resigns From China’s Foreign Exchange Agency I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
A Top Manager Resigns From China’s Foreign Exchange Agency I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
A Top Manager Resigns From China’s Foreign Exchange Agency I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
A Top Manager Resigns From China’s Foreign Exchange Agency I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
A Top Manager Resigns From China’s Foreign Exchange Agency I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
A Top Manager Resigns From China’s Foreign Exchange Agency I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
A Top Manager Resigns From China’s Foreign Exchange Agency I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
A Top Manager Resigns From China’s Foreign Exchange Agency I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
A Top Manager Resigns From China’s Foreign Exchange Agency I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
A Top Manager Resigns From China’s Foreign Exchange Agency I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
A Top Manager Resigns From China’s Foreign Exchange Agency I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
A Top Manager Resigns From China’s Foreign Exchange Agency I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
A Top Manager Resigns From China’s Foreign Exchange Agency I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

A Top Manager Resigns From China’s Foreign Exchange Agency

Go down

A Top Manager Resigns From China’s Foreign Exchange Agency Empty A Top Manager Resigns From China’s Foreign Exchange Agency

Post by Ponee Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:32 am

A Top Manager Resigns From China’s Foreign Exchange Agency
By DAVID BARBOZA

SHANGHAI – An American-trained fund manager who returned to China to help invest the world’s largest foreign exchange reserves has left his government position, the Chinese state-run news media reported on Tuesday.

The government did not explain why Zhu Changhong, a highly respected fund manager, was no longer the chief investment officer at the State Administration of Foreign Exchange in Beijing, the agency in charge of investing the nation’s $3.8 trillion in foreign exchange reserves.
A spokesman at the agency, known as SAFE, could not be reached on Tuesday afternoon for comment.
Analysts said the departure was surprising because Mr. Zhu, who is in his early 40s, had been recruited to help the Chinese government improve the management of its foreign exchange reserves, much of which are invested in United States Treasury bonds.

In 2009, Mr. Zhu left his job as hedge fund manager at the Pacific Investment Management Company, the huge asset management company known as Pimco, and began work at SAFE in 2010.
A Chinese native, Mr. Zhu studied physics at the University of Chicago and then worked in the United States as a bond trader and hedge fund manager under Pimco’s founder and co-chief investment officer, William H. Gross. Mr. Zhu joined Pimco in 1999.

China has been trying to strengthen the management of its government assets at a time of rapid economic growth that has led to a vast accumulation of financial assets. The government now has much of that money managed by investment teams at SAFE, the China Investment Corporation and the National Social Security Fund.

Last July, Mr. Zhu was the subject of a flattering profile in The Wall Street Journal, which described him as a low-key but highly respected fund manager who was helping SAFE diversify its holdings away from being overly reliant on United States government bonds and bills, which offer safe but low returns.
In recent years, some analysts have said that SAFE has moved to invest more aggressively. Using the SAFE Investment Company, which is registered in Hong Kong, the agency has set up a fund worth hundreds of billions of dollars to invest in stocks and to take direct stakes in foreign companies. The agency, analysts say, has channeled money toward international private equity funds and American corporate pension funds.

http://dealbook.nytimes.com/2014/01/28/a-top-manager-resigns-from-chinas-foreign-exchange-agency/?_php=true&_type=blogs&_r=0

Ponee
Ponee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum