Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Go Russia
Bar Owner Sends Hilarious Response After Receiving Cease and Desist Letter From Starbucks I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2024 11:37 am by kenlej

» Go Russia
Bar Owner Sends Hilarious Response After Receiving Cease and Desist Letter From Starbucks I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2024 10:51 am by kenlej

» Textbook Tony
Bar Owner Sends Hilarious Response After Receiving Cease and Desist Letter From Starbucks I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2024 4:13 pm by Mission1st

» The Rockefellers and the controllers are freaking out right about now
Bar Owner Sends Hilarious Response After Receiving Cease and Desist Letter From Starbucks I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2024 11:16 am by kenlej

» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
Bar Owner Sends Hilarious Response After Receiving Cease and Desist Letter From Starbucks I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
Bar Owner Sends Hilarious Response After Receiving Cease and Desist Letter From Starbucks I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
Bar Owner Sends Hilarious Response After Receiving Cease and Desist Letter From Starbucks I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
Bar Owner Sends Hilarious Response After Receiving Cease and Desist Letter From Starbucks I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
Bar Owner Sends Hilarious Response After Receiving Cease and Desist Letter From Starbucks I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
Bar Owner Sends Hilarious Response After Receiving Cease and Desist Letter From Starbucks I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
Bar Owner Sends Hilarious Response After Receiving Cease and Desist Letter From Starbucks I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
Bar Owner Sends Hilarious Response After Receiving Cease and Desist Letter From Starbucks I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
Bar Owner Sends Hilarious Response After Receiving Cease and Desist Letter From Starbucks I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
Bar Owner Sends Hilarious Response After Receiving Cease and Desist Letter From Starbucks I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
Bar Owner Sends Hilarious Response After Receiving Cease and Desist Letter From Starbucks I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
Bar Owner Sends Hilarious Response After Receiving Cease and Desist Letter From Starbucks I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
Bar Owner Sends Hilarious Response After Receiving Cease and Desist Letter From Starbucks I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
Bar Owner Sends Hilarious Response After Receiving Cease and Desist Letter From Starbucks I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
Bar Owner Sends Hilarious Response After Receiving Cease and Desist Letter From Starbucks I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
Bar Owner Sends Hilarious Response After Receiving Cease and Desist Letter From Starbucks I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

Bar Owner Sends Hilarious Response After Receiving Cease and Desist Letter From Starbucks

3 posters

Go down

Bar Owner Sends Hilarious Response After Receiving Cease and Desist Letter From Starbucks Empty Bar Owner Sends Hilarious Response After Receiving Cease and Desist Letter From Starbucks

Post by Ponee Fri Jan 03, 2014 8:11 pm

Bar Owner Sends Hilarious Response After Receiving Cease and Desist Letter From Starbucks
Bar Owner Sends Hilarious Response After Receiving Cease and Desist Letter From Starbucks BrittonStarbucks

By Dominic Kelly, Tue, December 31, 2013

A bar in Missouri received a cease and desist letter from Starbucks asking them to stop calling one of their beers a “Frappicino” because it is too close to the coffee giant’s trademark drink, the “Frappuccino.” Jeff Britton, owner of Exit 6 Pub and Brewery in Cottleville, decided that he would respond to Starbucks, and his hilarious response has gone viral.

According to Starbucks, Exit 6 infringed on their trademark of the word Frappuccino by calling their drink something incredibly similar. The cease and desist letter accused Britton of trying to cause confusion among patrons and make people think that he is affiliated with Starbucks. In addition, Starbucks’ lawyers also asked that the owner state, in writing, that he would no longer call his stout by the name.

So, Britton did just that and more.
“We are bad people. We feel shame,” said Britton sarcastically in his letter.

“I guess that with there being a Starbucks on every corner of every block in every city that some people may think they could get a Starbucks at a local bar,” he wrote. “That was our mistake.”
In addition to the hilarious letter, Britton also included a $6 check written out to Starbucks to pay them back for the three beers that were actually sold.
“Us small business owners need to stick together,” quipped Britton.
Both the original letter from Starbucks and the response letter from Britton are below.

Letter from Starbucks:
Bar Owner Sends Hilarious Response After Receiving Cease and Desist Letter From Starbucks FrapLetter-thumb-550x756
Bar Owner Sends Hilarious Response After Receiving Cease and Desist Letter From Starbucks Frapletter2-thumb-550x756
Letter from Exit 6 Pub and Brewery:
Bar Owner Sends Hilarious Response After Receiving Cease and Desist Letter From Starbucks Frapletterfollo-thumb-550x756
Bar Owner Sends Hilarious Response After Receiving Cease and Desist Letter From Starbucks Frapletterfollo2-thumb-550x756
The $6 check:
Bar Owner Sends Hilarious Response After Receiving Cease and Desist Letter From Starbucks Article-2531515-1A59C17000000578-967_634x286

http://www.opposingviews.com/i/society/bar-owner-sends-hilarious-response-after-receiving-cease-and-desist-letter-starbucks#

Ponee
Ponee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Bar Owner Sends Hilarious Response After Receiving Cease and Desist Letter From Starbucks Empty Re: Bar Owner Sends Hilarious Response After Receiving Cease and Desist Letter From Starbucks

Post by aksafeone Sat Jan 04, 2014 12:59 am

Glad Starbucks is so touchy!  I WILL REMEMBER THAT WHEN I NEXT GO TO A COFFEE SHOP.  i WILL NEVER BUY A STARBUCKS PRODUCT AGAIN.  A good example of what happens when a little business becomes a BIG business - (no pun intended) it goes to their head.

Thank you Starbucks - you shoed me just how petty you are.  Makes me really want to do business with you.  And to think that poor Missouri bar owner only sold 3 of that named beer!!  Maybe that was a hint about what the patrons thought of the coffee?  Two sides to every coin.

Just proves lawyers getting involved spin things out of control and the only winner is the lawyers.
aksafeone
aksafeone
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Bar Owner Sends Hilarious Response After Receiving Cease and Desist Letter From Starbucks Empty Re: Bar Owner Sends Hilarious Response After Receiving Cease and Desist Letter From Starbucks

Post by Ponee Sat Jan 04, 2014 8:18 am

I had a friend who opened up a pet store and they called it "Pets R Us". And other who opened up a Dog Kennel/Grooming shop and called it "Red Woof Inn".  Guess what happened to both, yep you got it... they were told to cease and desist the use of the names.  They both had to change the names of the businesses.  Can you believe that?  These are 2 very small local businesses in a very small town. How did those major companies even find out abou those businesses?  Weird.... BIG BROHTER IS WATCHING...

Ponee
Ponee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevind53 Sat Jan 04, 2014 1:49 pm

They have folks who are paid to watch for stuff like that. I gave a bad revue of a motel franchised by a major chain. A very bad review. I got a letter from the corporate offices inside of an hour apologizing and asking me to reconsider my revue. Well, perhaps if they had given me a free night somewhere else I would have added an addendum to the post, but they didn't, and I didn't. I'll still use the chain because I like most of the places I stay, but I'll never stay there again.

Trust but Verify --- R Reagan Suspect

"Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you."1 Thessalonians 5:14–18

Bar Owner Sends Hilarious Response After Receiving Cease and Desist Letter From Starbucks 2805820865  Bar Owner Sends Hilarious Response After Receiving Cease and Desist Letter From Starbucks 2805820865  Bar Owner Sends Hilarious Response After Receiving Cease and Desist Letter From Starbucks 2805820865  Bar Owner Sends Hilarious Response After Receiving Cease and Desist Letter From Starbucks 2805820865
Kevind53
Kevind53
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevind53 Sat Jan 04, 2014 1:51 pm

The only time I ever stop at Starbucks is if I have a gift card someone gave me. (I have 2 right now.) They are overpriced, and I do not agree with some of their corporate policies. Besides, I can get coffee as good or better at Micky D's or a local coffee shop for about a buck.

Trust but Verify --- R Reagan Suspect

"Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you."1 Thessalonians 5:14–18

Bar Owner Sends Hilarious Response After Receiving Cease and Desist Letter From Starbucks 2805820865  Bar Owner Sends Hilarious Response After Receiving Cease and Desist Letter From Starbucks 2805820865  Bar Owner Sends Hilarious Response After Receiving Cease and Desist Letter From Starbucks 2805820865  Bar Owner Sends Hilarious Response After Receiving Cease and Desist Letter From Starbucks 2805820865
Kevind53
Kevind53
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum