Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Go Russia
Cookie Lady Halted, But Mission Lives On I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2024 11:37 am by kenlej

» Go Russia
Cookie Lady Halted, But Mission Lives On I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2024 10:51 am by kenlej

» Textbook Tony
Cookie Lady Halted, But Mission Lives On I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2024 4:13 pm by Mission1st

» The Rockefellers and the controllers are freaking out right about now
Cookie Lady Halted, But Mission Lives On I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2024 11:16 am by kenlej

» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
Cookie Lady Halted, But Mission Lives On I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
Cookie Lady Halted, But Mission Lives On I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
Cookie Lady Halted, But Mission Lives On I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
Cookie Lady Halted, But Mission Lives On I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
Cookie Lady Halted, But Mission Lives On I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
Cookie Lady Halted, But Mission Lives On I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
Cookie Lady Halted, But Mission Lives On I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
Cookie Lady Halted, But Mission Lives On I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
Cookie Lady Halted, But Mission Lives On I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
Cookie Lady Halted, But Mission Lives On I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
Cookie Lady Halted, But Mission Lives On I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
Cookie Lady Halted, But Mission Lives On I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
Cookie Lady Halted, But Mission Lives On I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
Cookie Lady Halted, But Mission Lives On I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
Cookie Lady Halted, But Mission Lives On I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
Cookie Lady Halted, But Mission Lives On I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

Cookie Lady Halted, But Mission Lives On

Go down

Cookie Lady Halted, But Mission Lives On Empty Cookie Lady Halted, But Mission Lives On

Post by Ponee Sun Dec 29, 2013 12:17 pm

Cookie Lady Halted, But Mission Lives On

By Allison Geller, Fri, December 27, 2013
Cookie Lady Halted, But Mission Lives On Safe_image.php?d=AQDDMaThX1DcHQft&w=398&h=208&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.opposingviews.com%2Fsites%2Fdefault%2Ffiles%2Ffeatured_image%2F122713%2Fcookies

Chanhassen, Minn.’s resident “cookie lady,” a mom who greeted students and the school bus driver with freshly baked cookies every Friday, has been shut down after an anonymous parent complained.
Suburban mom Anne Tabat started bringing her baked goods to the bus stop 15 years ago to thank the school bus driver. In the name of fairness and bringing people together, she also gave cookies to each of the students as a Friday treat.

But a neighborhood whistleblower just pulled the plug on Tabat’s cookie campaign.
“I think it’s somebody who just didn’t bother to get to know me and I think that’s what the sin is here,” Tabat told Minnesota Public Radio.

When Tabat came to the bus stop with her cookie basket before the holiday break, the driver told her that sadly, the kids could no longer take her sweet offerings. And since they couldn’t, it wouldn’t be fair for him to.

“Sorry kids. It’s been a fun run but have one last cookie. Bye, good luck, maybe you’ll all become cookie ladies one day,” the cookie lady told the disappointed passangers.

The complaint could, of course, stem from food allergy concerns and not necessarily a killjoy’s personal vendetta.

“I know all these well-meaning people who do kindly gestures but they backfire because they’re not thinking about things like that. That’s not what this is about,” she said.
“I never really got a straight answer. One parent complained and the school district has to be responsive to that.”

Tabat sees her cookies sharing as a way of uniting neighbors. She routinely gives them away, and baked 200 for the annual holiday party that she and her husband host. Guests include many neighbors who don’t know each other, all sharing the warm experience of a good cookie.
“I didn’t live in the suburbs until I turned 40,” Tabat explained.

“Look at the way these houses are designed here. They’re not designed with a friendly neighborliness community in mind. I haven’t been in most of the houses in my neighborhood. People live such busy lives; you don’t talk to your neighbors, you don’t know your neighbors.”

The MPR blog reported that a reality company listed proximity to the cookie lady among the usual features of a home that was up for sale.

Ponee
Ponee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum