Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Go Russia
Pennsylvania School Tries To Kick Out Two Students After Their Families Became Homeless I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2024 11:37 am by kenlej

» Go Russia
Pennsylvania School Tries To Kick Out Two Students After Their Families Became Homeless I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2024 10:51 am by kenlej

» Textbook Tony
Pennsylvania School Tries To Kick Out Two Students After Their Families Became Homeless I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2024 4:13 pm by Mission1st

» The Rockefellers and the controllers are freaking out right about now
Pennsylvania School Tries To Kick Out Two Students After Their Families Became Homeless I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2024 11:16 am by kenlej

» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
Pennsylvania School Tries To Kick Out Two Students After Their Families Became Homeless I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
Pennsylvania School Tries To Kick Out Two Students After Their Families Became Homeless I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
Pennsylvania School Tries To Kick Out Two Students After Their Families Became Homeless I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
Pennsylvania School Tries To Kick Out Two Students After Their Families Became Homeless I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
Pennsylvania School Tries To Kick Out Two Students After Their Families Became Homeless I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
Pennsylvania School Tries To Kick Out Two Students After Their Families Became Homeless I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
Pennsylvania School Tries To Kick Out Two Students After Their Families Became Homeless I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
Pennsylvania School Tries To Kick Out Two Students After Their Families Became Homeless I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
Pennsylvania School Tries To Kick Out Two Students After Their Families Became Homeless I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
Pennsylvania School Tries To Kick Out Two Students After Their Families Became Homeless I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
Pennsylvania School Tries To Kick Out Two Students After Their Families Became Homeless I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
Pennsylvania School Tries To Kick Out Two Students After Their Families Became Homeless I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
Pennsylvania School Tries To Kick Out Two Students After Their Families Became Homeless I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
Pennsylvania School Tries To Kick Out Two Students After Their Families Became Homeless I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
Pennsylvania School Tries To Kick Out Two Students After Their Families Became Homeless I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
Pennsylvania School Tries To Kick Out Two Students After Their Families Became Homeless I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

Pennsylvania School Tries To Kick Out Two Students After Their Families Became Homeless

3 posters

Go down

Pennsylvania School Tries To Kick Out Two Students After Their Families Became Homeless Empty Pennsylvania School Tries To Kick Out Two Students After Their Families Became Homeless

Post by Ponee Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:07 pm

Pennsylvania School Tries To Kick Out Two Students After Their Families Became Homeless AP95342798000-1-638x425

Pennsylvania School Tries To Kick Out Two Students After Their Families Became Homeless
By Scott KeyesPennsylvania School Tries To Kick Out Two Students After Their Families Became Homeless Bird_blue_16 on December 16, 2013 at 1:35 pm

CREDIT: AP
As if their lives hadn’t been thrown into enough turmoil when their house was foreclosed on and their family became homeless, two Pennsylvania students learned last Monday that they were no longer welcome at the school they had attended their entire lives because the campground they were living in was located just outside of town.

The two students, one eighth-grader and one twelfth-grader whose names are withheld because they are minors, have lived in a camper with their parents in eastern Pennsylvania since losing their home to foreclosure in 2011. The campground where they were able to find refuge is located just outside the school district’s boundaries.

That shouldn’t be a problem under federal law which allows homeless students to remain enrolled in the school they attend, even if extenuating circumstances forced them to live outside of the limits. Indeed, for more than two years, the two students were allowed to continue their education at the Easton Area School District, giving them stability in an otherwise-tumultuous situation.

However, according to the Education Law Center of Pennsylvania, an education nonprofit that filed a lawsuit on behalf of the students, they were kicked out of school without explanation last week. Easton Schools Solicitor John Freund wrote in an email to The Express-Times that they had “made a studied determination that this family, living outside the boundaries of the district, no longer qualified as homeless for the purpose of free public education in Easton.”

The matter went to the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania, which issued a preliminary ruling on Thursday to immediately re-enroll the students, pending the outcome of the suit.

Though Easton doesn’t believe the students are homeless enough to qualify under federal law, it’s important to note that most homeless people don’t sleep on the streets per se. Few would consider the 24-foot-by-7-foot camper where the four-person family resides to be a permanent housing situation, but that’s precisely what school district is arguing.
Because of the court’s ruling, the students will be able to continue attending classes at Easton — for now — but their enrollment status remains in limbo.

Unfortunately, their experience is not atypical. Overall, the number of homeless students in the United States hit a record high during the 2011-12 school year, with more than 1.1 million homeless students enrolled in preschool or K-12, a 10 percent increase from the previous year.

In an effort to address the systemic challenges facing these students, a trio of senators introduced a bill last month to help homeless and foster youth overcome barriers that prevent many from going on to college.
http://thinkprogress.org/justice/2013/12/16/3069591/pennsylvania-homeless-students/

Ponee
Ponee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Pennsylvania School Tries To Kick Out Two Students After Their Families Became Homeless Empty Re: Pennsylvania School Tries To Kick Out Two Students After Their Families Became Homeless

Post by Guru Debunker Mon Dec 16, 2013 3:49 pm

Elections have consequences. Enjoy our NEW world..

Where Ever You Go, There You Are  Pennsylvania School Tries To Kick Out Two Students After Their Families Became Homeless 258310255

Guru Debunker
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Pennsylvania School Tries To Kick Out Two Students After Their Families Became Homeless Empty Re: Pennsylvania School Tries To Kick Out Two Students After Their Families Became Homeless

Post by Ponee Mon Dec 16, 2013 3:53 pm

Unfortunately my vote didn't count in this election, it got overided by the double and triple voting that went on.

Ponee
Ponee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevind53 Mon Dec 16, 2013 6:29 pm

I thought Easton was better than that .... At least it was when I was growing up not far from there .... The times they are a changing, and not for the better.

Trust but Verify --- R Reagan Suspect

"Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you."1 Thessalonians 5:14–18

Pennsylvania School Tries To Kick Out Two Students After Their Families Became Homeless 2805820865  Pennsylvania School Tries To Kick Out Two Students After Their Families Became Homeless 2805820865  Pennsylvania School Tries To Kick Out Two Students After Their Families Became Homeless 2805820865  Pennsylvania School Tries To Kick Out Two Students After Their Families Became Homeless 2805820865
Kevind53
Kevind53
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum