Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» The Rockefellers and the controllers are freaking out right about now
Knowing God I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 11:16 am by kenlej

» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
Knowing God I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
Knowing God I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
Knowing God I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
Knowing God I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
Knowing God I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
Knowing God I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
Knowing God I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
Knowing God I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
Knowing God I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
Knowing God I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
Knowing God I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
Knowing God I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
Knowing God I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
Knowing God I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
Knowing God I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
Knowing God I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
Knowing God I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
Knowing God I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
Knowing God I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

Knowing God

2 posters

Go down

Knowing God Empty Knowing God

Post by Horizon Tue Dec 10, 2013 7:56 am

Knowing God
by Joyce Meyer - posted December 10, 2013

And this is eternal life: [it means] to know (to perceive, recognize, become acquainted with, and understand) You, the only true and real God, and [likewise] to know Him, Jesus [as the] Christ (the Anointed One, the Messiah), Whom You have sent.
—John 17:3
Today’s scripture emphasizes the importance of knowing God. There is a big difference between knowing about God and really knowing God. Knowing God is a lifelong pursuit, something that happens progressively throughout our lives, not something that happens over the course of a few days or weeks. Attaining the true knowledge of God doesn’t come through reasoning or logic or through reading books for intellectual knowledge. It must be God-given, and it comes through revelation. It comes as we seek God and gain experience with Him through trusting His promises.
If we have a true knowledge of God, we are not disturbed by things like scientific theories that seek to disprove His existence. We have come to a perfect rest in the fact that God is, and knowing that, then we know that nothing else matters. We do not feel a need to explain things because we know something that cannot be explained with words. People often want to explain God, but if we truly know Him, then the first thing we give up is trying to understand or explain Him. God is deep enough that we will never know all there is to know.
Knowing God goes beyond what we think, see or feel. It is an inner knowledge of God that cannot be taken from us. When we have this inner knowledge, nothing outward can sway us from our belief in God. We no longer need evidence to protect our faith. We trust God just as much if He does not give us what we want as we do when He does.
I encourage you to pray daily for a spirit of wisdom and revelation (see Ephesians 1:17), that you may know God and Jesus, the Messiah, the Anointed One. Appreciate and celebrate the fact that you are an eternal being and that you are progressively coming to know Him better with every passing day.
Love God Today: To know God we must be hungry for the type of knowledge that can only come from God Himself through revelation.

Knowing God Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQbUTUwRpDbhT-xIofJl3G31OXoGzOAJS3qKlCApR1lrvZghQYKngbnt9AnaQMakin' Plans...Knowing God 7_6_8

Praise God for all things, and he will give us the desires of our hearts!
Horizon
Horizon
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Knowing God Empty Re: Knowing God

Post by Kevind53 Tue Dec 10, 2013 8:14 am

The word used for know is the same word used to express intimacy, as in Adam knew Eve, etc. This is true both in the Greek and Hebrew, and since it is a part of the meaning, to know a person by definition, requires a degree of intimacy. Hopefully by now, all of us, especially those who are married, are aware that intimacy is not having sex, but spending time with one another, to the point that you know what the other is feeling or thinking without their having to say anything. That is true intimacy, or as a friend of ours likes to say "into me see." The only way that happens is by spending time with that person, be it your spouse, friend or God.

Trust but Verify --- R Reagan Suspect

"Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you."1 Thessalonians 5:14–18

Knowing God 2805820865  Knowing God 2805820865  Knowing God 2805820865  Knowing God 2805820865
Kevind53
Kevind53
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Knowing God Empty Re: Knowing God

Post by Horizon Thu Dec 12, 2013 7:50 am

Very well explained Kev! Thank you! coffee 

Knowing God Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQbUTUwRpDbhT-xIofJl3G31OXoGzOAJS3qKlCApR1lrvZghQYKngbnt9AnaQMakin' Plans...Knowing God 7_6_8

Praise God for all things, and he will give us the desires of our hearts!
Horizon
Horizon
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum