Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Carnival Rides
Flash Flood in Iraq on Monday, 11 November I_icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2024 5:03 pm by kenlej

» Go Russia
Flash Flood in Iraq on Monday, 11 November I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2024 11:37 am by kenlej

» Go Russia
Flash Flood in Iraq on Monday, 11 November I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2024 10:51 am by kenlej

» Textbook Tony
Flash Flood in Iraq on Monday, 11 November I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2024 4:13 pm by Mission1st

» The Rockefellers and the controllers are freaking out right about now
Flash Flood in Iraq on Monday, 11 November I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2024 11:16 am by kenlej

» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
Flash Flood in Iraq on Monday, 11 November I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
Flash Flood in Iraq on Monday, 11 November I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
Flash Flood in Iraq on Monday, 11 November I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
Flash Flood in Iraq on Monday, 11 November I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
Flash Flood in Iraq on Monday, 11 November I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
Flash Flood in Iraq on Monday, 11 November I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
Flash Flood in Iraq on Monday, 11 November I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
Flash Flood in Iraq on Monday, 11 November I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
Flash Flood in Iraq on Monday, 11 November I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
Flash Flood in Iraq on Monday, 11 November I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
Flash Flood in Iraq on Monday, 11 November I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
Flash Flood in Iraq on Monday, 11 November I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
Flash Flood in Iraq on Monday, 11 November I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
Flash Flood in Iraq on Monday, 11 November I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
Flash Flood in Iraq on Monday, 11 November I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

Flash Flood in Iraq on Monday, 11 November

Go down

Flash Flood in Iraq on Monday, 11 November Empty Flash Flood in Iraq on Monday, 11 November

Post by Ponee Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:01 am

Flash Flood in Iraq on Monday, 11 November 19

Heavy rainfall during the past four days flooded the streets in many Iraqi cities, including the capital Baghdad, forcing the Iraqi government to declare an emergency public holiday on Monday. The wave of heavy rainfall turned many of Baghdad's streets into rivers, paralyzing the traffic as many vehicles were trapped in dozens of huge puddles, particular in the downtown area.

Late on Sunday, the bad weather forced the Iraqi government to declare Monday as "a holiday for the state institutions except for Baghdad Mayoralty and the Ministries of Health and Municipalities. " In Baghada's old districts in the center, such as Qasir al- Abiyadh, as well as Baladiyat and Sadr City in the east, the floods entered many houses and cut some areas off from the rest of the city. "The heavy rain and the lack of services due to the weak performance of Baghdad Mayoralty led to this catastrophe," said Ahmed Ibrahim, whose car was caught in a flooded underpass in eastern Baghdad. "Poor drainage was behind this bad situation."

In Sadr City, Ali Hussein's home was flooded and his neighborhood was surrounded by floods. "Since yesterday, the water flooded into my house and damaged my furniture, we can't go out to buy food and I can't go to my work because all the roads are flooded," said Hussein, a 44-year- old father of four daughters. "We are using bricks and wood panels to step on when we move between the rooms," he said.

The Iraqi state meteorology body said that the rainfall is expected to continue on Monday and the weather will gradually turn clear in a few days. Baghdad Mayoralty said in a statement that "the rainfall was the heaviest in nearly two decades and was at much higher rates than normal... It (sewage system) requires some time to drain the water from some areas of the capital Baghdad, especially those located in Rusafa (east of Tigris River)." Since the US-led invasion in 2003, Iraq has long faced the lack of public services, which pushed many Iraqis to protest what they said corruption and incompetence of the government.

http://hisz.rsoe.hu/alertmap/site/?pageid=event_desc&edis_id=FF-20131111-41595-IRQ

Ponee
Ponee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum