Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
Israel rattles region with ballistic missile test over Mediterranean  I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
Israel rattles region with ballistic missile test over Mediterranean  I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
Israel rattles region with ballistic missile test over Mediterranean  I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
Israel rattles region with ballistic missile test over Mediterranean  I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
Israel rattles region with ballistic missile test over Mediterranean  I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
Israel rattles region with ballistic missile test over Mediterranean  I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
Israel rattles region with ballistic missile test over Mediterranean  I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
Israel rattles region with ballistic missile test over Mediterranean  I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
Israel rattles region with ballistic missile test over Mediterranean  I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
Israel rattles region with ballistic missile test over Mediterranean  I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
Israel rattles region with ballistic missile test over Mediterranean  I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
Israel rattles region with ballistic missile test over Mediterranean  I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
Israel rattles region with ballistic missile test over Mediterranean  I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
Israel rattles region with ballistic missile test over Mediterranean  I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
Israel rattles region with ballistic missile test over Mediterranean  I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
Israel rattles region with ballistic missile test over Mediterranean  I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
Israel rattles region with ballistic missile test over Mediterranean  I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
Israel rattles region with ballistic missile test over Mediterranean  I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
Israel rattles region with ballistic missile test over Mediterranean  I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

» Dinar Daily Facebook Page
Israel rattles region with ballistic missile test over Mediterranean  I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 3:34 pm by Ponee

Israel rattles region with ballistic missile test over Mediterranean

3 posters

Go down

Israel rattles region with ballistic missile test over Mediterranean  Empty Israel rattles region with ballistic missile test over Mediterranean

Post by wpsmit Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:18 pm

By Edmund Sanders and Sergei L. Loiko This post has been updated. See the note below for details.
September 3, 2013, 7:20 a.m.

JERUSALEM — Israel said Tuesday that it had tested a new version of its Sparrow target missile over the Mediterranean Sea, an unannounced launch that was immediately detected by Russia and quickly raised tensions in a region already on edge over a possible U.S. strike against Syria.

U.S. and Israeli officials initially refused to comment on the test, raising questions about who was behind the launch and what was targeted.
Russia was the first to announce that it had detected two unknown ballistic launches at about 9:15 a.m. Jerusalem time. Russian media said the objects fell into the sea.
The news initially raised suspicions of a missile strike against Syria, but the Russian embassy in Damascus reported no sign of any explosions or damage from missiles, the RIA-Novosti news agency reported.

Later, Israel’s Defense Ministry confirmed that it had conducted the launch, in conjunction with the U.S. Missile Defense Agency. The exercise was also used to test Israel’s Arrow missile-defense system, the defense ministry said.

“All the elements of the system performed according to their operational configuration,” the ministry said in  a statement.

[Updated 7:40 a.m. PDT, Sept. 3: In Washington, Pentagon press secretary George Little called the test "long-planned" and played down the U.S. role, which he said was limited to "technical assistance and support."

"This test had nothing to do with United States consideration of military action to respond to Syria's chemical weapons attack," he said.

He said the test missile was fired to help "evaluate the Arrow ballistic missile defense system's ability to detect, track, and communicate information about a simulated threat to Israel." He did not explain why the test was conducted at a time of heightened tensions in the region.]

Igor Korotchenko, a Russian defense analyst and editor of the National Defense journal, called the tests "totally irresponsible" at such a sensitive time.

“Israel and the United States should have thought better of the grave risks of such tests at this critical time in this region before launching those missiles,” Korotchenko said in an interview.

http://www.latimes.com/world/worldnow/la-fg-wn-israel-rattles-region-with-missile-test-20130903,0,2725776.story
wpsmit
wpsmit
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Israel rattles region with ballistic missile test over Mediterranean  Empty Re: Israel rattles region with ballistic missile test over Mediterranean

Post by Kevind53 Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:50 pm

This was an air launched target drone, designed specifically for testing ABM systems. It is NOT a ballistic missile, but IS specifically designed by Rafael to simulate the flight characteristics of a scud.

Here is a rundown:
Rafael has developed a new advanced target called the "Silver Sparrow" that will be used as part of Israel's Arrow 3 anti-ballistic missile interceptor programme.

The third generation of Rafael's target missiles, the new design follows earlier systems called Black Sparrow and Blue Sparrow. It is intended to test the performance of Israel Aerospace Industries' new Arrow 3 interceptor, which will perform its first fly-out next year

http://www.flightglobal.com/news/articles/rafael-develops-silver-sparrow-target-missile-356100/

Trust but Verify --- R Reagan Suspect

"Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you."1 Thessalonians 5:14–18

Israel rattles region with ballistic missile test over Mediterranean  2805820865  Israel rattles region with ballistic missile test over Mediterranean  2805820865  Israel rattles region with ballistic missile test over Mediterranean  2805820865  Israel rattles region with ballistic missile test over Mediterranean  2805820865
Kevind53
Kevind53
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Israel rattles region with ballistic missile test over Mediterranean  Empty Re: Israel rattles region with ballistic missile test over Mediterranean

Post by DinarPhoenix Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:42 pm

Sounds and feels like Israels way of saying we are armed and ready.
DinarPhoenix
DinarPhoenix
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevind53 Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:58 pm

Maybe, they say it had been scheduled for a long time ... I suppose they could have postponed it, but they may have wanted to show folks they could defend themselves.

Trust but Verify --- R Reagan Suspect

"Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you."1 Thessalonians 5:14–18

Israel rattles region with ballistic missile test over Mediterranean  2805820865  Israel rattles region with ballistic missile test over Mediterranean  2805820865  Israel rattles region with ballistic missile test over Mediterranean  2805820865  Israel rattles region with ballistic missile test over Mediterranean  2805820865
Kevind53
Kevind53
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum