Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Carnival Rides
Letter dated 10 June 2013 from the Secretary-General addressedto the President of the Security Council  I_icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2024 5:03 pm by kenlej

» Go Russia
Letter dated 10 June 2013 from the Secretary-General addressedto the President of the Security Council  I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2024 11:37 am by kenlej

» Go Russia
Letter dated 10 June 2013 from the Secretary-General addressedto the President of the Security Council  I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2024 10:51 am by kenlej

» Textbook Tony
Letter dated 10 June 2013 from the Secretary-General addressedto the President of the Security Council  I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2024 4:13 pm by Mission1st

» The Rockefellers and the controllers are freaking out right about now
Letter dated 10 June 2013 from the Secretary-General addressedto the President of the Security Council  I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2024 11:16 am by kenlej

» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
Letter dated 10 June 2013 from the Secretary-General addressedto the President of the Security Council  I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
Letter dated 10 June 2013 from the Secretary-General addressedto the President of the Security Council  I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
Letter dated 10 June 2013 from the Secretary-General addressedto the President of the Security Council  I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
Letter dated 10 June 2013 from the Secretary-General addressedto the President of the Security Council  I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
Letter dated 10 June 2013 from the Secretary-General addressedto the President of the Security Council  I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
Letter dated 10 June 2013 from the Secretary-General addressedto the President of the Security Council  I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
Letter dated 10 June 2013 from the Secretary-General addressedto the President of the Security Council  I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
Letter dated 10 June 2013 from the Secretary-General addressedto the President of the Security Council  I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
Letter dated 10 June 2013 from the Secretary-General addressedto the President of the Security Council  I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
Letter dated 10 June 2013 from the Secretary-General addressedto the President of the Security Council  I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
Letter dated 10 June 2013 from the Secretary-General addressedto the President of the Security Council  I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
Letter dated 10 June 2013 from the Secretary-General addressedto the President of the Security Council  I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
Letter dated 10 June 2013 from the Secretary-General addressedto the President of the Security Council  I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
Letter dated 10 June 2013 from the Secretary-General addressedto the President of the Security Council  I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
Letter dated 10 June 2013 from the Secretary-General addressedto the President of the Security Council  I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

Letter dated 10 June 2013 from the Secretary-General addressedto the President of the Security Council

2 posters

Go down

Letter dated 10 June 2013 from the Secretary-General addressedto the President of the Security Council  Empty Letter dated 10 June 2013 from the Secretary-General addressedto the President of the Security Council

Post by IQD4US Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:11 am

United Nations S/2013/346

Security Council Distr.: General

12 June 2013

Original: English

13-36279 (E) 170613 200613

*1336279*

Letter dated 10 June 2013 from the Secretary-General addressed

to the President of the Security Council

I wish to draw your attention to Security Council resolution 833 (1993), in

which the Council welcomed the decision of the Secretary-General to make the

necessary arrangements for the maintenance of the physical representation of the

international boundary between Iraq and Kuwait until other technical arrangements

are established by Iraq and Kuwait for this purpose, as recommended by the Iraq-

Kuwait Boundary Demarcation Commission in section X.C of its report (S/25811

and Add.1). The United Nations Iraq-Kuwait Observation Mission (UNIKOM) made

the necessary arrangements in the former demilitarized zone until its withdrawal in

March 2003.

Following an enquiry from the Government of Kuwait, the Secretary-General

wrote to the Governments of Kuwait and Iraq on 13 and 15 April 2005, respectively,

to inform them that, owing to the departure of UNIKOM and for security reasons,

the United Nations had been unable to inspect or maintain the physical

representation of the boundary since March 2003. He also reiterated his full

commitment to continuing to discharge his responsibility pursuant to Security

Council resolution 833 (1993). A field assessment mission, bringing together

representatives of the United Nations and both Governments, was deployed to the

border form 11 to 25 February 2006, as part of the preparatory work of the Iraq-

Kuwait Boundary Maintenance Project. Subsequent attempts by the United Nations

to make the necessary arrangements proved unsuccessful, owing to late and

incomplete contributions to the Project Trust Fund, as well as the non-removal of

obstacles obstructing the line of sight between boundary pillars, which was one of

the recommendations of the field assessment mission.

The United Nations continued to pursue the matter, but had to deactivate the

Iraq-Kuwait Boundary Maintenance Project in 2009 owing to lack of progress. On

20 March 2012, following a visit to Kuwait by the Prime Minister of Iraq, the

Government of Iraq paid its outstanding contribution of $600,000 to the Trust Fund.

On 29 April 2012, the Iraq-Kuwait Joint Ministerial Committee requested that the

maintenance of the physical representation of the boundary be resumed by the end

of October 2012.

On 4 May 2012, the Under-Secretary-General for Political Affairs agreed to

the request of the permanent representatives of Iraq and Kuwait to the United

Nations that the Iraq-Kuwait Boundary Maintenance Project be reactivated. From

4 to 11 June 2012, a second field assessment mission, bringing together

representatives of the United Nations and both Governments, was deployed to the

S/2013/346

border to update the concept of operations and the scope of field maintenance work.

Following the selection of companies for engineering and surveying services and the

deployment of Iraqi and Kuwaiti technical observers, field maintenance work, under

the supervision of United Nations technical staff, started on 15 January 2013.

According to the scope of work, field maintenance work consisted of restoring

all boundary pillars and sub-pillars, witness markers, survey plaques and country

name plates to their original status and installing additional pillars if necessary. The

work was completed on 28 March 2013 (see annex I, tables listing engineering and

surveying services provided), by which date the Governments of Kuwait and Iraq

had removed all the obstacles between boundary pillars. The United Nations is

finalizing the sets of maps of the border area, which will be handed over to the

Governments of Iraq and Kuwait along with all relevant technical data and

information.

In line with the relevant provision of Security Council resolution 833 (1993),

on 30 May 2013, the Ministers for Foreign Affairs of Iraq and Kuwait informed me

that, on 28 May 2013, their Governments had signed a memorandum of

understanding establishing a bilateral technical arrangement for the physical

representation of the boundary between Iraq and Kuwait (see annexes II and III).

In the light of the completion of the maintenance of the physical representation

of the international boundary between Iraq and Kuwait, and the establishment of a

bilateral technical arrangement for that purpose, it will no longer be required that I

make the necessary arrangements. I would therefore consider that my

responsibilities under Security Council resolution 833 (1993) have been discharged.

In line with relevant United Nations financial rules and regulations, residual funds,

if any, less applicable administrative costs, will be returned from the Iraq-Kuwait

Boundary Maintenance Project Trust Fund to the Governments of Iraq and Kuwait.

I should be grateful if you would bring the present letter and the annexes

thereto to the attention of the members of the Security Council for their information

and any action deemed appropriate.

(Signed) BAN Ki-moon

http://www.un.org/ga/search/view_doc.asp?symbol=S/2013/346
IQD4US
IQD4US
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Letter dated 10 June 2013 from the Secretary-General addressedto the President of the Security Council  Empty Re: Letter dated 10 June 2013 from the Secretary-General addressedto the President of the Security Council

Post by Kevind53 Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:25 am

Letter dated 10 June 2013 from the Secretary-General addressedto the President of the Security Council  1150991001
Kevind53
Kevind53
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum