Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Carnival Rides
What could this guy from Forbes possibly know anyway? I_icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2024 5:03 pm by kenlej

» Go Russia
What could this guy from Forbes possibly know anyway? I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2024 11:37 am by kenlej

» Go Russia
What could this guy from Forbes possibly know anyway? I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2024 10:51 am by kenlej

» Textbook Tony
What could this guy from Forbes possibly know anyway? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2024 4:13 pm by Mission1st

» The Rockefellers and the controllers are freaking out right about now
What could this guy from Forbes possibly know anyway? I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2024 11:16 am by kenlej

» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
What could this guy from Forbes possibly know anyway? I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
What could this guy from Forbes possibly know anyway? I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
What could this guy from Forbes possibly know anyway? I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
What could this guy from Forbes possibly know anyway? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
What could this guy from Forbes possibly know anyway? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
What could this guy from Forbes possibly know anyway? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
What could this guy from Forbes possibly know anyway? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
What could this guy from Forbes possibly know anyway? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
What could this guy from Forbes possibly know anyway? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
What could this guy from Forbes possibly know anyway? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
What could this guy from Forbes possibly know anyway? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
What could this guy from Forbes possibly know anyway? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
What could this guy from Forbes possibly know anyway? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
What could this guy from Forbes possibly know anyway? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
What could this guy from Forbes possibly know anyway? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

What could this guy from Forbes possibly know anyway?

3 posters

Go down

What could this guy from Forbes possibly know anyway? Empty What could this guy from Forbes possibly know anyway?

Post by chevysteve Tue May 28, 2013 1:47 pm

This guy obviously doesn't have the qualifications that Okie, TerryK, Bulldog, Poopy3 and the rest of the financial wizards have..

I'm sticking with our Guru's "fact based" findings VS. some dummy that writes for Forbes magazine!!! What could this guy from Forbes possibly know anyway? 4115835343What could this guy from Forbes possibly know anyway? 4115835343

What could this guy from Forbes possibly know anyway? JH-logo-120x40
What could this guy from Forbes possibly know anyway? 5265a0aa552dff3c4fe1b03fd378fb28?s=136&r=pg&d=http%3A%2F%2Fb-i.forbesimg.com%2Fassets%2Fimages%2Favatars%2Fgeneric_profile_image_136
John Wasik, Contributor

I write about investments, financial planning and personal ecology

Personal Finance

I don’t think it’s a coincidence that the Iraqi dinar features the ancient Tower of Babel. The monument symbolizes how people can hear different languages, when the message is essentially the same.

The Iraqi dinar is still being sold to thousands of unwitting buyers. The country is still in trouble politically and economically. The currency keeps losing value to the dollar. It is not traded on any legitimate foreign exchange.

Yet it’s still being hawked as the latest get-rich-quick scheme. Hopeful buyers keep accumulating the paper, believing the oft-told tale that the Iraqi government will somehow revalue the currency in their favor, so they keep buying more of the questionable notes. There’s a better chance of finding Aladdin’s flying carpet in your local Home Depot Home Depot or some day seeing Facebook priced as high as Google .

Move up http://i.forbesimg.com t Move down
What could this guy from Forbes possibly know anyway? 7751420718_9e114bba36_m2 Investment Conflicts SEC Should Police First What could this guy from Forbes possibly know anyway? 5265a0aa552dff3c4fe1b03fd378fb28?s=40&r=pg&d=http%3A%2F%2Fb-i.forbesimg.com%2Fassets%2Fimages%2Favatars%2Fgeneric_profile_image_40 John Wasik Contributor
What could this guy from Forbes possibly know anyway? Pt_1907_1978_o Poking Personal Finance Gurus in the Eye What could this guy from Forbes possibly know anyway? 5265a0aa552dff3c4fe1b03fd378fb28?s=40&r=pg&d=http%3A%2F%2Fb-i.forbesimg.com%2Fassets%2Fimages%2Favatars%2Fgeneric_profile_image_40 John Wasik Contributor
What could this guy from Forbes possibly know anyway? Pt_1907_2056_o How Small Investors Can Win Against Wall Street What could this guy from Forbes possibly know anyway? 5265a0aa552dff3c4fe1b03fd378fb28?s=40&r=pg&d=http%3A%2F%2Fb-i.forbesimg.com%2Fassets%2Fimages%2Favatars%2Fgeneric_profile_image_40 John Wasik Contributor
Last week, the dinar’s value plunged even more against the dollar: from 1,200 to 1,300. This development shows that the dinar’s dropping value represents hyper-inflation in the troubled country, which has been beset by more than 500 deaths due to sectarian violence in recent months.

Where does this leave you if you’re a dinar investor? It means you’re holding paper that’s worth increasingly less. If one was to consider it an asset — one that’s untraded and not listed on any real exchange — it would be like owning a rusting, undriveable car sitting in your driveway.

Last week, Adil Abdul-Mahdi, the former Iraqi vice president who resigned from his post, harshly criticized the current government’s economic policy (as reported by Al-Monitor Iraq Pulse):

“The high demand for the US dollar that we have seen for months has been widening the gap between supply and demand, at about $60 million-$70 million per day. A black market has emerged, in addition to two different exchange rates with a difference of 8%-10%.”

Why would Iraqis prefer dollars? Because their own currency is worth less and less, so their purchasing power diminishes. That’s not only the curse of inflation, it’s a sign of an unstable economy and lack of confidence.

If you’re an investor in dinars, it would be essential to find out what the market is for selling the currency (before you buy it, which is not recommended). In a healthy market, there’s an active exchange on both sides of the trade. There are now several dealers on the Internet willing to sell you dinars, but what will they charge to buy back the currency? My educated guess is that you won’t be able to get what you paid for them — ever.

I realize that you can probably buy hundreds of thousands of dinars for relatively few dollars. But you shouldn’t expect a payday. There’s no relationship between the value of the currency now and future appreciation. These notes may continue to devalue and the Iraqi economy and political state will suffer more strife. There’s no reason that you should share in their economic misery.

What could this guy from Forbes possibly know anyway? 300px-Half_Dinar_back33
Iraqi dinar (Photo credit: Wikipedia)
chevysteve
chevysteve
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

What could this guy from Forbes possibly know anyway? Empty Re: What could this guy from Forbes possibly know anyway?

Post by prosetian Tue May 28, 2013 2:03 pm

Wow, the super secret clue in this article is the picture of the dinar. It is one of the long sought after lower denominations at only one half a dinar. Unfortunately, I think it is one of Saddam's notes and that kind of spoils it.What could this guy from Forbes possibly know anyway? 3754190863

prosetian
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

What could this guy from Forbes possibly know anyway? Empty Re: What could this guy from Forbes possibly know anyway?

Post by Kevind53 Tue May 28, 2013 2:33 pm

Well first of all, he does make some solid points. This is by it's nature a speculative investment and so high risk. High return usually relates to high risk. Having said that, this guy appears to be a financial adviser, and so has a dog in the hunt. Keep in mind this is an op-ed piece and has not been reviewed by an editorial board, he expresses his opinion, and that's it.

Add to that the fact that as prostian pointed out he used an old Sadam not for an illustration, well ... that suggests to me he looked for facts to support his opinion and didn't really do any real research. What could this guy from Forbes possibly know anyway? 1656125192
Kevind53
Kevind53
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum