Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» The Rockefellers and the controllers are freaking out right about now
8 Ingredients You don't want in your food I_icon_minitimeToday at 11:16 am by kenlej

» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
8 Ingredients You don't want in your food I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
8 Ingredients You don't want in your food I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
8 Ingredients You don't want in your food I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
8 Ingredients You don't want in your food I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
8 Ingredients You don't want in your food I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
8 Ingredients You don't want in your food I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
8 Ingredients You don't want in your food I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
8 Ingredients You don't want in your food I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
8 Ingredients You don't want in your food I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
8 Ingredients You don't want in your food I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
8 Ingredients You don't want in your food I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
8 Ingredients You don't want in your food I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
8 Ingredients You don't want in your food I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
8 Ingredients You don't want in your food I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
8 Ingredients You don't want in your food I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
8 Ingredients You don't want in your food I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
8 Ingredients You don't want in your food I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
8 Ingredients You don't want in your food I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
8 Ingredients You don't want in your food I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

8 Ingredients You don't want in your food

5 posters

Go down

8 Ingredients You don't want in your food Empty 8 Ingredients You don't want in your food

Post by Horizon Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:16 pm

8 Ingredients You don't want in your food 31903_363340230441321_404220008_n

Eight Ingredients You Never Want to See on Your Nutrition Label.source:Wake Up World

1. BHA
This preservative is used to prevent rancidity in foods that contain oils. Unfortunately, BHA (butylated hydroxyanisole) has been shown to cause cancer in rats, mice, and hamsters. The reason the FDA hasn’t banned it is largely technical—the cancers all occurred in the rodents’ forestomachs, an organ that humans don’t have. Nevertheless, the study, published in the Japanese Journal of Cancer Research, concluded that BHA was “reasonably anticipated to be a carcinogen,” and as far as I’m concerned, that’s reason enough to eliminate it from your diet.

2. Parabens
These synthetic preservatives are used to inhibit mold and yeast in food. The problem is parabens may also disrupt your body’s hormonal balance. A study in Food Chemical Toxicology found that daily ingestion decreased sperm and testosterone production in rats, and parabens have been found present in breast cancer tissues.

3. Partially Hydrogenated Oil
I’ve harped on this before, but it bears repeating: Don’t confuse “0 g trans fat” with being trans fat-free. The FDA allows products to claim zero grams of trans fat as long as they have less than half a gram per serving. That means they can have 0.49 grams per serving and still be labeled a no-trans-fat food. Considering that two grams is the absolute most you ought to consume in a day, those fractions can quickly add up. The telltale sign that your snack is soiled with the stuff? Look for partially hydrogenated oil on the ingredient statement. If it’s anywhere on there, then you’re ingesting artery-clogging trans fat.

4. Sodium Nitrite
Nitrites and nitrates are used to inhibit botulism-causing bacteria and to maintain processed meats’ pink hues, which is why the FDA allows their use. Unfortunately, once ingested, nitrite can fuse with amino acids (of which meat is a prime source) to form nitrosamines, powerful carcinogenic compounds. Ascorbic and erythorbic acids—essentially vitamin C—have been shown to decrease the risk, and most manufacturers now add one or both to their products, which has helped. Still, the best way to reduce risk is to limit your intake.

5. Caramel Coloring
This additive wouldn’t be dangerous if you made it the old-fashioned way—with water and sugar, on top of a stove. But the food industry follows a different recipe: They treat sugar with ammonia, which can produce some nasty carcinogens. How carcinogenic are these compounds? A Center for Science in the Public Interest report asserted that the high levels of caramel color found in soda account for roughly 15,000 cancers in the U.S. annually. Another good reason to scrap soft drinks? They’re among The 20 Worst Drinks in America.

6. Castoreum
Castoreum is one of the many nebulous “natural ingredients” used to flavor food. Though it isn’t harmful, it is unsettling. Castoreum is a substance made from beavers’ castor sacs, or anal scent glands. These glands produce potent secretions that help the animals mark their territory in the wild. In the food industry, however, 1,000 pounds of the unsavory ingredient are used annually to imbue foods—usually vanilla or raspberry flavored—with a distinctive, musky flavor.

7. Food Dyes
Plenty of fruit-flavored candies and sugary cereals don’t contain a single gram of produce, but instead rely on artificial dyes and flavorings to suggest a relationship with nature. Not only do these dyes allow manufacturers to mask the drab colors of heavily processed foods, but certain hues have been linked to more serious ailments. A Journal of Pediatrics study linked Yellow 5 to hyperactivity in children, Canadian researchers found Yellow 6 and Red 40 to be contaminated with known carcinogens, and Red 3 is known to cause tumors. The bottom line? Avoid artificial dyes as much as possible.

8. Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein
Hydrolyzed vegetable protein, used as a flavor enhancer, is plant protein that has been chemically broken down into amino acids. One of these acids, glutamic acid, can release free glutamate. When this glutamate joins with free sodium in your body, they form monosodium glutamate (MSG), an additive known to cause adverse reactions—headaches, nausea, and weakness, among others—in sensitive individuals. When MSG is added to products directly, the FDA requires manufacturers to disclose its inclusion on the ingredient statement. But when it occurs as a byproduct of hydrolyzed protein, the FDA allows it to go unrecognized.

Read more: http://wakeup-world.com/2012/10/05/eight-ingredients-you-never-want-to-see-on-your-nutrition-label/

8 Ingredients You don't want in your food Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQbUTUwRpDbhT-xIofJl3G31OXoGzOAJS3qKlCApR1lrvZghQYKngbnt9AnaQMakin' Plans...8 Ingredients You don't want in your food 7_6_8

Praise God for all things, and he will give us the desires of our hearts!
Horizon
Horizon
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

8 Ingredients You don't want in your food Empty Re: 8 Ingredients You don't want in your food

Post by Kevind53 Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:13 pm

9. Splenda
A biologically alien synthetic chemical whose
presence on this planet did not predate 1976, and whose structure is
only a few atoms away from the deadly pesticide DDT, with no long term human safety studies performed but linked to liver, spleen and thymus abnormalities, DNA damage, abnormal mineralization of the pelvis, decreased red blood cell count, spontaneous abortion & decreased fetal weight, Crohn's disease, migraines, and abnormal HbA1C.

Trust but Verify --- R Reagan Suspect

"Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you."1 Thessalonians 5:14–18

8 Ingredients You don't want in your food 2805820865  8 Ingredients You don't want in your food 2805820865  8 Ingredients You don't want in your food 2805820865  8 Ingredients You don't want in your food 2805820865
Kevind53
Kevind53
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

8 Ingredients You don't want in your food Empty Re: 8 Ingredients You don't want in your food

Post by Terbo56 Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:15 pm

So in layman's terms it kills you dead- That's a good time-NOT!!
Terbo56
Terbo56
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevind53 Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:18 pm

Nah not dead, at least not right away .... make you wish you were dead perhaps, but ....

Trust but Verify --- R Reagan Suspect

"Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you."1 Thessalonians 5:14–18

8 Ingredients You don't want in your food 2805820865  8 Ingredients You don't want in your food 2805820865  8 Ingredients You don't want in your food 2805820865  8 Ingredients You don't want in your food 2805820865
Kevind53
Kevind53
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Terbo56 Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:22 pm

I don't use the stuff anyway, and look for different ingredients in food when i grocery shop- My wife thinks I go too far, but better that than dying slow, I figure-
Terbo56
Terbo56
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by SEBtopdog Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:29 pm

You don't want to see any of those things in your pet's food either!

8 Ingredients You don't want in your food Emoticon-animal-028

Keep smiling ... It'll make 'em wonder what you're up to!

8 Ingredients You don't want in your food Bump~0 Will someone please let the RV Widget out of the jar?
SEBtopdog
SEBtopdog
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Terbo56 Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:44 pm

That's right- I feed my babies Purina, 'The One', but I think I will change them over to Blue Buffalo, it is alot better grade of food, and no by products or gluten- They both are hitting 11 years old, thereabouts, and want them to live the best life they possibly can, Other than my wife, My kitties are my life, and my 'kids'-And I spoil them both rotten, They get fed what ever human food they want, like chicken, tuna, salmon, turkey,hamburg, bacon, pork chops cut up, and lowfat milk ocassionally, and they like cottage cheeze,and vanilla ice cream things like that but no bad foods-8 Ingredients You don't want in your food 949729897

Last edited by terbo56 on Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:19 pm; edited 2 times in total
Terbo56
Terbo56
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by SEBtopdog Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:50 pm

My dogs made the switch to Blue Buffalo a couple of years ago. They love it, and their coats are in better shape than ever!

I'd say your kitties are very lucky to live with you, where they are cherished8 Ingredients You don't want in your food 2243815925, pampered 8 Ingredients You don't want in your food 3176285109 and fed great cuisine. 8 Ingredients You don't want in your food 1384305688 Ingredients You don't want in your food 1211619650

8 Ingredients You don't want in your food Bump~0 Will someone please let the RV Widget out of the jar?
SEBtopdog
SEBtopdog
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Terbo56 Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:04 pm

Our cats bed down on the bed at night, and both 'tell' us to wake up, with their little 'meows'-My Calico cat 'Nannee' will sit, play catch with her small stuffed mouse, I'll tell her to 'mind your business' when she gets up in my lap she will lay down when I say that, or, 'Come make comfies', she'll lay down on my chest in my arm chair, I'll hang my hand down in front of her, and say 'don't like 'em spooks', and she will whip her head to one side so she doesn't see the 'spooks', she'll give me 'kisses' when I ask her to, she is a very loving and understanding kitty cat-I started teaching her things when she was about a year old- My Maine Cooncat could care less what you tell her, but if she is laying on her side on the floor, you say'roll over KayKay', and she'll do it IF she's in the mood- She's very different, and a 'One person' cat, she tolerates me, but that's about it- It has to be 'her' idea, if she comes to you out of the blue, or wants to be scratched and petted- She loves to be combed and brushed, but when she's had enough, she'll 'hiss' and swat at you-You could say she has a bit of an 'Altitude' problem-scratch
Terbo56
Terbo56
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by SEBtopdog Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:03 pm

Both kitties sound charming, terbo. I don't mind a cat with attitude. I've had love sponges and prickly pears both in my lifetime, and love 'em all.
8 Ingredients You don't want in your food 3186522692

SEBtopdog
SEBtopdog
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Terbo56 Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:18 pm

I showed pictures of them last year around Xmas time, I think, or a little after, can't recall which-8 Ingredients You don't want in your food 230677302
Terbo56
Terbo56
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:08 pm

10. GMO plant or meat products! which is about everything in a commercail grocery store.

Back to top Go down

Post by Terbo56 Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:16 pm

Indeed- Just like 'good' weed, you gotta grow your own!! Whether it's 'corn', or walking with 'horns'-
Terbo56
Terbo56
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:10 pm

terbo56 wrote:That's right- I feed my babies Purina, 'The One', but I think I will change them over to Blue Buffalo, it is alot better grade of food, and no by products or gluten- They both are hitting 11 years old, thereabouts, and want them to live the best life they possibly can, Other than my wife, My kitties are my life, and my 'kids'-And I spoil them both rotten, They get fed what ever human food they want, like chicken, tuna, salmon, turkey,hamburg, bacon, pork chops cut up, and lowfat milk ocassionally, and they like cottage cheeze,and vanilla ice cream things like that but no bad foods-8 Ingredients You don't want in your food 949729897

My kitties like people food, too, all the ones you mentioned including the vanilla ice cream. But I never heard of The One or Blue Buffalo; think I will check it out.

Back to top Go down

Post by SEBtopdog Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:35 pm

Have you told us about your kitties before, aim88? If not, please share some anecdotes. I love to hear about terbo's "kids", and would like to hear about yours, too. I haven't had a cat in my family since I've had dogs, but one of these days I'm going to have to rescue one. I miss having kitties.....but don't tell my doggies! 8 Ingredients You don't want in your food 3186522692

SEBtopdog
SEBtopdog
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by PALMER01 Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:17 pm

Hey, Seb, you could probably find some a LOT bigger than that dog in the picture, if that's your dog. My sister-in-law has some dogs like that, and I nicknamed them Rip. You know, tiny little needle teeth. Rip your arm right open.8 Ingredients You don't want in your food 949729897
PALMER01
PALMER01
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:42 pm

SEBtopdog wrote:Have you told us about your kitties before, aim88? If not, please share some anecdotes. I love to hear about terbo's "kids", and would like to hear about yours, too. I haven't had a cat in my family since I've had dogs, but one of these days I'm going to have to rescue one. I miss having kitties.....but don't tell my doggies! 8 Ingredients You don't want in your food 3186522692

SEB, I thought I had mentioned my 3 little kitties. I would love to tell you the rescue story.

It was 97 or 98 and this little kitty came into my apartment while I had the door open talking to a neighbor. With all her fleas and ear mites, she went to sleep on the end of my bed. When I came in, it almost scared me to death.

I took her to the vet and got her fixed up, shots and everything, and for several weeks tried to find her a home. I was not stable in my life and felt I could not take on another burden. I even refused to name her because I didn't want to get attached, so I just called her kitty, with a little k.

No takers. Finally, after several weeks, I told her, okay, you are my kitty. I claim you. I love you. I'm not abandoning you, but I have to go out of town, so you are going to stay with a friend. I promise I will come back. The friend insisted I get her de-fleaed again, so I dropped her off at the cat hospital. When I got home, I had a message from the hospital to call right away.

They said she had a tumor on the back of her neck where they had given her a shot and needed surgery, $300, but the tumor would probably come back and she would die within 6 months anyway. I said I don't have $300, what do you suggest? They said, don't get attached to the cat, and you should put her to sleep since you don't have money for her medical bills.

Wow! I was not prepared for that. After I finally committed to the cat, now they want me to kill the cat. Oh, and by the way, they said--just like that--by the way, she's pregnant. I shouted at them, I'm already attached to the cat! Then I hung up the phone, totally devastated. I certainly didn't want to put her to sleep and the pregnancy brought up all kinds of issues for me.

I was so upset I couldn't work; I cancelled appointments and a class I was supposed to teach. For 2 days I stayed in bed crying and depressed. On the 3rd day I woke up angry. I told Miss Kitty, you know what? I don't accept this. This is what we're going to do. We're going to love each other and have fun, and if you die, you die!

That was in 97 or 98. She's still here, sitting in my lap, not sick a day in her life, except she is elderly now and I can tell she is slowing down. Someone told me, that's a $500 cat. She's a Himalyan Seal Point. I had no idea what that was. She's the sweetest thing and I don't know how my life would be without her. I'm not techie and don't have a smart phone to take a picture, but maybe I can find one while I'm still unpacking from my move, and upload it.

I don't want to dominate the conversation with my long stories, so another time I will tell you about the kittens she had and how I almost decided to kill her anyway. Thanks for asking, and I hope you aren't sorry now!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by SEBtopdog Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:23 pm

I enjoyed reading the story of how your Miss Kitty came to live with you, aim 88, and became dear to your heart. I sometimes think our little furry angels show up in our lives just when we need them the most. We think we're rescuing them, but in truth they rescue us. Thank you for bringing your story to share.
8 Ingredients You don't want in your food 1778852902
Thanks for the suggestion, PALMER01. I probably could find a Maine Coon or another cat bigger than either of my Shih Tzus. Those girls are a bit like cats, but they really don't know that their teeth could actually be used to rip apart anything scarier than a fuzzy squeaky toy.
8 Ingredients You don't want in your food 4052720375

SEBtopdog
SEBtopdog
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum