Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» The Rockefellers and the controllers are freaking out right about now
VIETNAM How to deal with state owned banks’ bad debts? I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 11:16 am by kenlej

» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
VIETNAM How to deal with state owned banks’ bad debts? I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
VIETNAM How to deal with state owned banks’ bad debts? I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
VIETNAM How to deal with state owned banks’ bad debts? I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
VIETNAM How to deal with state owned banks’ bad debts? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
VIETNAM How to deal with state owned banks’ bad debts? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
VIETNAM How to deal with state owned banks’ bad debts? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
VIETNAM How to deal with state owned banks’ bad debts? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
VIETNAM How to deal with state owned banks’ bad debts? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
VIETNAM How to deal with state owned banks’ bad debts? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
VIETNAM How to deal with state owned banks’ bad debts? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
VIETNAM How to deal with state owned banks’ bad debts? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
VIETNAM How to deal with state owned banks’ bad debts? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
VIETNAM How to deal with state owned banks’ bad debts? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
VIETNAM How to deal with state owned banks’ bad debts? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
VIETNAM How to deal with state owned banks’ bad debts? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
VIETNAM How to deal with state owned banks’ bad debts? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
VIETNAM How to deal with state owned banks’ bad debts? I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
VIETNAM How to deal with state owned banks’ bad debts? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
VIETNAM How to deal with state owned banks’ bad debts? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

VIETNAM How to deal with state owned banks’ bad debts?

Go down

VIETNAM How to deal with state owned banks’ bad debts? Empty VIETNAM How to deal with state owned banks’ bad debts?

Post by 1alaskan Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:44 pm

How to deal with state owned banks’ bad debts?

Big state owned commercial banks, with powerful financial capability and their big scale, are believed to get involved in the enterprises’ debt restructuring process. However, the banks themselves would meet big difficulties in dealing with their bad debts if there is no reasonable mechanism for the process.

Nguyen Van Binh, when answering the inquiries at the ongoing National Assembly’s session, emphasized that dealing with the bad debts is one of the most important task in restructuring the credit institution system.

The bad debts would be handled in different ways. They may be sold to the Ministry of Finance’s Debt and Asset Trading Corporation (DATC), or offset by the banks’ provisioning.

Especially, the State may consider clear the debts from irrecoverable loans commercial banks provided per the government’s instruction. Besides, debts would also be sold to non-credit institutions, private debt trading companies or commercial banks’ debt trading subsidiaries.

Five state owned banks owing 45 trillion dong

The financial reports released by four state owned banks (the banks where the State holds controlling stakes) showed that their total bad debts have climbed to 45,249 billion dong. By the end of the first quarter of 2012, the bad debts at three banks, namely BIDV, Vietinbank and Vietcombank had reached 9005 billion dong, 5276 billion dong and 5968 billion dong, respectively.

Meanwhile, Agribank’s bad debts are much bigger. By the end of the second quarter of 2011, the bank’s bad debt ratio had made up six percent of the total outstanding loans of 428 trillion dong, at 25 trillion dong. The 2011 annual report of MHB showed that by December 31, 2011, the bad debt ratio had been 2.31 percent of the total outstanding loans of 22,954 billion dong, at 530 billion dong.

The total sum of money provisioned against the risks of the four banks is 31,523 billion dong, including 15,300 billion dong of Agribank, 5879 billion dong at BIDV, 4318 billion dong at Vietinbank, 5954 billion dong at Vietcombank, while MHB’s provisioned sum of money is 70 billion dong only. As such, the provisioning would help banks settle 70 percent of the bad debts at maximum.

While Vietcombank has provisioned for nearly 100 percent of bad debts, Vietinbank 81 percent, the proportions are just 61 percent and 65 percent for Agribank and BIDV respectively.

Which mechanism for state owned banks

Experts said that in other countries, in an effort to settle the bad debt crisis caused by commercial banks, the governments would nationalize private banks and then impose strict control over banks’ operation. However, in this case, the Vietnamese banks’ owner is the State, which means that the mechanism would not be feasible.

Analysts believe that the biggest problem for Agribank and MHB is to settle bad debts and that state owned banks have to disburse money as requested by the government in the implementation of the national key development programs. Therefore, it is now impossible to force commercial banks to handle with debts in accordance with the market rules. In these cases, the State would have to set up a specific support mechanism, possibly to forgive the banks’ debts.

As for the other three, including Veitcombank, BIDV and Vietinbank, they are also facing big challenges, when the bad debts have been increasing sharply since the beginning of the year. Vietcombank, for example, has reported the bad debt ratio increasing from 2.03 percent at the end of 2011 to 2.87 percent by the end of the first quarter of 2012.

http://vietnammarkets.com/news.php?nid=8589

Being defeated is often a temporary condition. Giving up is what makes it permanent.
Marilyn Vos Savant

Yesterday would have been better, but today is a good day

Remember as always, JMHO
Rantings from just north of sixty

1alaskan
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum