Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Textbook Tony
Vietnam reboots SOE equitization, taking cautious steps  I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2024 4:13 pm by Mission1st

» The Rockefellers and the controllers are freaking out right about now
Vietnam reboots SOE equitization, taking cautious steps  I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2024 11:16 am by kenlej

» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
Vietnam reboots SOE equitization, taking cautious steps  I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
Vietnam reboots SOE equitization, taking cautious steps  I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
Vietnam reboots SOE equitization, taking cautious steps  I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
Vietnam reboots SOE equitization, taking cautious steps  I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
Vietnam reboots SOE equitization, taking cautious steps  I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
Vietnam reboots SOE equitization, taking cautious steps  I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
Vietnam reboots SOE equitization, taking cautious steps  I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
Vietnam reboots SOE equitization, taking cautious steps  I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
Vietnam reboots SOE equitization, taking cautious steps  I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
Vietnam reboots SOE equitization, taking cautious steps  I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
Vietnam reboots SOE equitization, taking cautious steps  I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
Vietnam reboots SOE equitization, taking cautious steps  I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
Vietnam reboots SOE equitization, taking cautious steps  I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
Vietnam reboots SOE equitization, taking cautious steps  I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
Vietnam reboots SOE equitization, taking cautious steps  I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
Vietnam reboots SOE equitization, taking cautious steps  I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
Vietnam reboots SOE equitization, taking cautious steps  I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
Vietnam reboots SOE equitization, taking cautious steps  I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

Vietnam reboots SOE equitization, taking cautious steps

Go down

Vietnam reboots SOE equitization, taking cautious steps  Empty Vietnam reboots SOE equitization, taking cautious steps

Post by 1alaskan Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:42 pm

Vietnam reboots SOE equitization, taking cautious steps

The government of Vietnam has decided to restart the state owned enterprise (SOE) process, even though it has anticipated big difficulties.

The Ministry of Finance has announced that 93 SOEs are planning to be equitized this year, emphasizing that equitizing SOEs is one of the great efforts made by the government to reshuffle the state owned economic sector.

However, Jonathan Pincus, a senior economist of Fulbright Economics Teaching Program, has warned that the SOE restructuring would hardy succeed if it depends too much on equitization.

He said that in many cases, the equitized SOEs still do not have to compete with others in the market and do not have to change the corporate governance way, while they still live under the name of SOEs.

He has also warned that the equitization program would face big difficulties as the stock market keeps falling down, while investors’ interest in securities investments has decreased.

Minister of Finance Vuong Dinh Hue once admitted that Vietnam met with too many difficulties in the last few years.

Recently, when asked why the equitization process has slowed down, Hue answered with a question: “Will you sell your assets at a low price, if you are a business owner?”

In the four years of 2008-2011, only 117 SOEs were equitized, which was equal to that in 2007 and much lower than the years before.

In the last 20 years, the number of SOEs has been decreasing significantly, from 12,000 to 1300 by the end of 2011.

Nguyen Van Giau, Chair of the National Assembly’s Economics Committee, said that in the last 20 years of equitization, less than 15 percent of state ownership has been transferred to other owners.

The main reason that led to the deadlock of the program, according to Giau, is the burst of the “securities bubble” in 2008 which has made the market gloomy since then.

Moreover, most of the other SOEs in the list of enterprises subject to equitization have medium and big operation scale, while it is more complicated to deal with big enterprises, especially in assessing enterprises and settling interest conflicts among involved parties.

The government of Vietnam once vowed to fulfill the SOE equitization process prior to 2010, but it’s clear that it has failed to fulfill the plan.

The Ministry of Finance, after collecting the opinions from four ministries, nine economic groups, 10 general corporations and 57 localities, has announced that 367 SOEs would go equitized.

However, the ministry’s report does not clarify how many SOEs would be equitized in the first half of the year, and how much of the total capital of 93 SOEs to be equitized this year is.

The recent moves by the government towards the SOE restructuring have caught the special attention from private businesses.

Pham Phu Ngoc Trai, President of GIBC, said that the best way for SOE reshuffle is equitizing them. He said that once other economic sectors join in businesses’ activities, they aim to make profit, and the capital contribution should be seen as the profit sharing, not only risk sharing.

General Director of the Hung Vuong Seafood Company Duong Ngoc Minh has been applauding the idea of reselling the state’s capital in enterprises. The state’s capital has been scattered in many unprofitable enterprises.

In an enterprise in An Giang province, where Minh holds the controlling stakes, the State has 8 percent of capital with 1 million shares which have the market price of 25 billion dong.

“With such a modest capital contribution, the state does not have the decisive voice in the enterprise’s operation. It does not receive big profits every year with few stocks, while the capital would be lost, if the enterprise takes loss,” he said, stressing that the best solution in this case is the state transfers the 8 percent of stakes to get money.

http://vietnammarkets.com/news.php?nid=8588

Being defeated is often a temporary condition. Giving up is what makes it permanent.
Marilyn Vos Savant

Yesterday would have been better, but today is a good day

Remember as always, JMHO
Rantings from just north of sixty

1alaskan
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum