Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Go Russia
Parliament and Finance committee support revalue of Iraqi Dinar I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2024 11:37 am by kenlej

» Go Russia
Parliament and Finance committee support revalue of Iraqi Dinar I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2024 10:51 am by kenlej

» Textbook Tony
Parliament and Finance committee support revalue of Iraqi Dinar I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2024 4:13 pm by Mission1st

» The Rockefellers and the controllers are freaking out right about now
Parliament and Finance committee support revalue of Iraqi Dinar I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2024 11:16 am by kenlej

» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
Parliament and Finance committee support revalue of Iraqi Dinar I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
Parliament and Finance committee support revalue of Iraqi Dinar I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
Parliament and Finance committee support revalue of Iraqi Dinar I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
Parliament and Finance committee support revalue of Iraqi Dinar I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
Parliament and Finance committee support revalue of Iraqi Dinar I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
Parliament and Finance committee support revalue of Iraqi Dinar I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
Parliament and Finance committee support revalue of Iraqi Dinar I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
Parliament and Finance committee support revalue of Iraqi Dinar I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
Parliament and Finance committee support revalue of Iraqi Dinar I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
Parliament and Finance committee support revalue of Iraqi Dinar I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
Parliament and Finance committee support revalue of Iraqi Dinar I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
Parliament and Finance committee support revalue of Iraqi Dinar I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
Parliament and Finance committee support revalue of Iraqi Dinar I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
Parliament and Finance committee support revalue of Iraqi Dinar I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
Parliament and Finance committee support revalue of Iraqi Dinar I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
Parliament and Finance committee support revalue of Iraqi Dinar I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

Parliament and Finance committee support revalue of Iraqi Dinar

+5
clayf
glasshalffull
IQD4US
Just Da Truth
ADMIN
9 posters

Go down

Parliament and Finance committee support revalue of Iraqi Dinar Empty Parliament and Finance committee support revalue of Iraqi Dinar

Post by ADMIN Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:05 am

Parliament and Fiance committee support revalue of Iraqi Dinar
26/06/2012 03:30

ERBIL, June 25 (AKnews) – The Iraqi Parliament and the Finance Committee support the Central Bank of Iraq (CBI)’s efforts to revalue of the Iraqi Dinar through the removal of three zeros from the currency.

The CBI has announced that it has finalized plans to remove three zeros from the Iraqi currency in order to revalue it. The smallest unit of the current Iraqi current is 250 Iraqi Dinars which is equivalent to $0.20

The removal of three zeros is expected to raise the value of the Dinar as well as facilitate dealing with the currency and the payroll system in the country.

The Iraqi government and the securities committee have sounded fear that the process will negatively affect the Iraqi stock exchange market.

A member of the Finance Committee Najeeba Najeeb told AKnews that “there is a trend in the attitude of the legislative authority to support the CBI to restructure the Iraqi currency and remove three zeros by early next year”

“This subject is starting to become more significant for the Finance Committee members and the Economic Committee day after day” she said, “though the preparations by the CBI to implement the process are ongoing, they are not complete yet”

According to Najeeba, the process of removing the zeros from the Iraqi Dinar will be implemented over a period of two years through governmental banks. Also, the new currency will include small bills and coins as well as large bills equaling about $180 each.

By Abdullah Sabri

RY/AKnews
http://www.aknews.com/en/aknews/2/314130/

ADMIN
Admin
Admin

http://dinardaily@gmail.com

Back to top Go down

Parliament and Finance committee support revalue of Iraqi Dinar Empty Re: Parliament and Finance committee support revalue of Iraqi Dinar

Post by Guest Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:23 am

HOLY COW....did I read that right....this article uses the WORDS "REVALUE"!!!! run

:happyjoy: :happyjoy: :happyjoy: happydance happydance happydance

Back to top Go down

Parliament and Finance committee support revalue of Iraqi Dinar Empty Re: Parliament and Finance committee support revalue of Iraqi Dinar

Post by Guest Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:27 am

bounce :happyjoy: bounce

THANKS Miskebam!!!!

ERBIL, June 25 (AKnews) – The Iraqi Parliament and the Finance Committee support the Central Bank of Iraq (CBI)’s efforts to revalue of the Iraqi Dinar through the removal of three zeros from the currency.

The CBI has announced that it has finalized plans to remove three zeros from the Iraqi currency in order to revalue it. The smallest unit of the current Iraqi current is 250 Iraqi Dinars which is equivalent to $0.20

Back to top Go down

Parliament and Finance committee support revalue of Iraqi Dinar Empty GREAT POST !!!!!!!!

Post by Just Da Truth Tue Jun 26, 2012 3:08 am

ERBIL, June 25 (AKnews) – The Iraqi Parliamentand the Finance Committee support the Central Bank of Iraq (CBI)’s efforts to revalue of the Iraqi Dinar through the removal of three zeros from the currency.

The removal of three zeros is expected to raise the value of the Dinar as well as facilitate dealing with the currency and the payroll system in the country.

The Iraqi government and the securities committee have sounded fear that the process will negatively affect the Iraqi stock exchange market.

A member of the Finance Committee Najeeba Najeeb told AKnews that “there is a trend in the attitude of the legislative authority to support the CBI to restructure the Iraqi currency and remove three zeros by early next year”

“This subject is starting to become more significant for the Finance Committee members and the Economic Committee day after day” she said, “though the preparations by the CBI to implement the process are ongoing, they are notcomplete yet”

According to Najeeba, the process of removing the zeros fromthe Iraqi Dinar will be implemented over a period of two years throughgovernmental banks. Also, the new currency will include small bills and coins as well as large bills equaling about $180 each.

By Abdullah Sabri

RY/AKnews

--

June 26, 2012 at 1:09 AM

This a great article Quote : " to revalue the Iraqi dinar " and Quote " The CBI has announced that it has finalized plans to remove three zeros from the Iraqi currency in order to revalue it. "
Just Da Truth
Just Da Truth
VIP NewsHound
VIP NewsHound

Back to top Go down

Post by IQD4US Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:29 am

May 12th I posted this:

SIGIR = Special Inspector General for Iraq Reconstruction

April 2012 Quarterly Report to Congress

http://www.sigir.mil/publications/quarterlyreports/April2012.html

Very very very LONG read - however - informational.

The SIGIR is withdrawing from Iraq in July.

Noteworthy:

On page 84 you will find this published on lower left of page, not the 84th page of pdf
“In April 2012, the CoM postponed indefinitely plans for a currency reform that would have removed three zeros from the Iraqi dinar in 2013 and required the issuance of new currency notes. The reform would have made the dinar’s value slightly less than $1.

Postponned indefinately at that time could have meant 30 days or 30 years. In other words, when the report was due by SIGIR to the UNSC, there was not yet a firm timeline, and the report had to be completed.

It appears that Iraq is back on track, and has now continues thier work on this project.

With the Chap VII meeting coming in July, it appears that where we will not have an RV this month as some sites would suggest, IMHO we are in the final months of our ride. I really really really don't think we will bring in the new year without an RV. This is good. As long as this is making news, the Iraqi people will question, learn, prepare.

I have also thought about Ramadan coming. Starts July 20th and ends in August 19th or 20th. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see more in the timeline from Iraq after Ramadan ends. This is the first one since the US troops left, and what better way for them to celebrate than to be richer for their sacrifice (if you know anything about muslims and Ramadan you know what I mean) An RV would be a reward, and the government would look great.

We shall see...but it looks good.. more concrete if you please.

Last edited by IQD4US on Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:32 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : space from old to new)
IQD4US
IQD4US
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by glasshalffull Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:38 am

NOW THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKIN ABOUT, AND DREAMING ABOUT AND ALL ABOUT! :cheers:
glasshalffull
glasshalffull
VIP NewsHound
VIP NewsHound

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:51 am

Many people always claim the articles never use the word revalue, well there it is as clear as daylight ☀

Back to top Go down

Post by clayf Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:22 am

According to Najeeba, the process of removing the zeros from the
Iraqi Dinar will be implemented over a period of two years through
governmental banks. Also, the new currency will include small bills and
coins as well as large bills equaling about $180 each. someone around here should do some research(for the heck of it)check into the large bill statement and do the division on that $180. hes talking about ....... just a thought........
clayf
clayf
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Catherine Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:01 pm

Miskebam wrote:Parliament and Fiance committee support revalue of Iraqi Dinar

The removal of three zeros is expected to raise the value
of the Dinar as well as facilitate dealing with the currency and the payroll system in the country.

“This subject is starting to become more significant for the Finance Committee members and the Economic Committee day after day” she said, “though the preparations by the CBI to implement the process are ongoing, they are not complete yet

According to Najeeba, the process of removing the zeros from the Iraqi Dinar will be implemented over a period of two years through governmental banks. Also, the new currency will include small bills and coins as well as large bills equaling about $180 each.

By Abdullah Sabri

RY/AKnews

Did I read that right?!?!?!?

COME ON...
RV ALREADY!

Parliament and Finance committee support revalue of Iraqi Dinar Smiley-happy093Parliament and Finance committee support revalue of Iraqi Dinar 7_11_117Parliament and Finance committee support revalue of Iraqi Dinar Smiley-happy093
Catherine
Catherine
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Catherine Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:07 pm

[quote="IQD4US"]May 12th I posted this:

SIGIR = Special Inspector General for Iraq Reconstruction

April 2012 Quarterly Report to Congress

http://www.sigir.mil/publications/quarterlyreports/April2012.html

Very very very LONG read - however - informational.

The SIGIR is withdrawing from Iraq in July.

Noteworthy:

On page 84 you will find this published on lower left of page, not the 84th page of pdf
“In April 2012, the CoM postponed indefinitely plans for a currency reform that would have removed three zeros from the Iraqi dinar in 2013 and required the issuance of new currency notes. The reform would have made the dinar’s value slightly less than $1.

Hmmm before I get too excited from the one I just posted....this does not sound very good at all.

Postponned indefinately at that time could have meant 30 days or 30 years. In other words, when the report was due by SIGIR to the UNSC, there was not yet a firm timeline, and the report had to be completed.

It appears that Iraq is back on track, and has now continues thier work on this project.

With the Chap VII meeting coming in July, it appears that where we will not have an RV this month as some sites would suggest, IMHO we are in the final months of our ride. I really really really don't think we will bring in the new year without an RV. This is good. As long as this is making news, the Iraqi people will question, learn, prepare.

I have also thought about Ramadan coming. Starts July 20th and ends in August 19th or 20th. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see more in the timeline from Iraq after Ramadan ends. This is the first one since the US troops left, and what better way for them to celebrate than to be richer for their sacrifice (if you know anything about muslims and Ramadan you know what I mean) An RV would be a reward, and the government would look great.

We shall see...but it looks good.. more concrete if you please.

COME ON...
RV ALREADY!

Parliament and Finance committee support revalue of Iraqi Dinar Smiley-happy093Parliament and Finance committee support revalue of Iraqi Dinar 7_11_117Parliament and Finance committee support revalue of Iraqi Dinar Smiley-happy093
Catherine
Catherine
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:11 pm

This is great news, we need more articles...

Back to top Go down

Post by Catherine Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:11 pm

THANKS I was gonna get sad!! :(

I did notice that that article is from April, 2012-could they have actually sped things up in June?!! They are known for their speediness-HA!! :shock:
"Slightly less than $1.00"?!? What about that IQD4US?

COME ON...
RV ALREADY!

Catherine
Catherine
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by glasshalffull Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:49 pm

Welll, I do remember that April statement, and then a month later they changed their minds again, lol
glasshalffull
glasshalffull
VIP NewsHound
VIP NewsHound

Back to top Go down

Post by abby ann Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:03 pm

THANKS MISKE!!!!REVALUE!!!!!NOW THATS SOUNDS GREAT!!!!IT HAS A SWEET SMELL ALSO!!!!
abby ann
abby ann
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:14 pm

Catherine wrote:THANKS I was gonna get sad!! :(

I did notice that that article is from April, 2012-could they have actually sped things up in June?!! They are known for their speediness-HA!! :shock:

The recent article miskebam put up speaks volumes.

Back to top Go down

Post by Catherine Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:33 pm

punisher wrote:

The recent article miskebam put up speaks volumes.

Which one?

COME ON...
RV ALREADY!

Catherine
Catherine
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:55 pm

The one this thread is based on... Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Terbo56 Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:56 pm

Wink :cheers:
Terbo56
Terbo56
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by IQD4US Tue Jun 26, 2012 3:30 pm

I did mention in the previous post - at the time the report was due - April 30th, Iraqi had postponed the decision on the revalue. Again - they could pick it up and run with it again at any point after that - and about 3 weeks ago I started seeing small mentions in the Iraqi papers - but nothing worth getting excited over. BUT NOW, now I am.

As far as the slightly less than $1 - that is exactly what the SIGIR report says as presented to the UNSC in line with thier "banking trasparency" and their return to "international acceptance". For THEM - this is huge. Let's say we could go but a loaf of bread for $1 USD - they are spending 1164 IQD. If they could spend 1 IQD for the same loaf of bread - the country becomes richer, and they can lower the usage of USD in Iraq - remember - they don't like us.

If you look at the IMF and the UNSC reports, sanctions, releases, demands, memos - you will see Iraq wants an internationally tradeable currency. If they suddenly come out at 1 IQD = say $3USD - how factual do you think the rest of the world will take that? Money has to be spent for them to improve their oil process, harvest the natural gas and gems. No country is going to come in and work with them if they put out their "valued money" - like USD - only to have it be worth only 1/3 when the work is done. In business that wouldn't make sense - so there had to be a plan a long time ago as to how this would progress. That plan has been revealed - and at the time "postponed indefinately" - and now it is rising to come into effect.

How I would love the rate to be higher - but I just don't see it. And c'mon - be reasonable - Turning $1200 into 3 mil - 6 mil - 12 mil - NOT HAPPENING. But for a war revaged county to rebuild and have tradeable items to back thier monetary value - a 1:1 is the best odds I believe we will see - to start. I am sure it will gain in value over time but out of the gate - I do see it slightly less than the dollar minus the exchange fee. I'd say plan on seeing about .50 (fifty cents) per dinar see your pocket to stay after fees and any taxes. Can anyone really scoff at seeing $1200 turn into $500,000? If they do - that's just greed.

Again - this is only MY OPINION - and as usual is open to questions comments concerns berations laughs etc - no worries.
IQD4US
IQD4US
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 26, 2012 3:41 pm

Miskebam, what is your opinion on this article?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 26, 2012 3:48 pm

IQD4US wrote:

I did mention in the previous post - at the time the report was due - April 30th, Iraqi had postponed the decision on the revalue. Again - they could pick it up and run with it again at any point after that - and about 3 weeks ago I started seeing small mentions in the Iraqi papers - but nothing worth getting excited over. BUT NOW, now I am.

As far as the slightly less than $1 - that is exactly what the SIGIR report says as presented to the UNSC in line with thier "banking trasparency" and their return to "international acceptance". For THEM - this is huge. Let's say we could go but a loaf of bread for $1 USD - they are spending 1164 IQD. If they could spend 1 IQD for the same loaf of bread - the country becomes richer, and they can lower the usage of USD in Iraq - remember - they don't like us.

If you look at the IMF and the UNSC reports, sanctions, releases, demands, memos - you will see Iraq wants an internationally tradeable currency. If they suddenly come out at 1 IQD = say $3USD - how factual do you think the rest of the world will take that? Money has to be spent for them to improve their oil process, harvest the natural gas and gems. No country is going to come in and work with them if they put out their "valued money" - like USD - only to have it be worth only 1/3 when the work is done. In business that wouldn't make sense - so there had to be a plan a long time ago as to how this would progress. That plan has been revealed - and at the time "postponed indefinately" - and now it is rising to come into effect.

How I would love the rate to be higher - but I just don't see it. And c'mon - be reasonable - Turning $1200 into 3 mil - 6 mil - 12 mil - NOT HAPPENING. But for a war revaged county to rebuild and have tradeable items to back thier monetary value - a 1:1 is the best odds I believe we will see - to start. I am sure it will gain in value over time but out of the gate - I do see it slightly less than the dollar minus the exchange fee. I'd say plan on seeing about .50 (fifty cents) per dinar see your pocket to stay after fees and any taxes. Can anyone really scoff at seeing $1200 turn into $500,000? If they do - that's just greed.

Again - this is only MY OPINION - and as usual is open to questions comments concerns berations laughs etc - no worries.

Iqd4us, i respect your opinion alot. So you think 50 cents is what we will get per dinar and not. 86? Do you think it is feasible for the revalue to happen by the middle of july?

Back to top Go down

Post by SEBtopdog Tue Jun 26, 2012 3:53 pm

IQD4US wrote:

Your opinions are always grounded ... and I might say "grounding". You kind of keep it real, IQD4US, and I appreciate that. While I agree with your comment: "If they could spend 1 IQD for the same loaf of bread - the country becomes richer, and they can lower the usage of USD in Iraq - remember - they don't like us.", I still remind myself that this is not about us -- either US or us as in you and me. We're just along for the ride and hoping to be the opposite of collateral damage in the process -- collateral improvement? Razz

Anyway, keep it coming. Your opinions are pretty fearless. :flower:

Parliament and Finance committee support revalue of Iraqi Dinar Emoticon-animal-028

Keep smiling ... It'll make 'em wonder what you're up to!

Parliament and Finance committee support revalue of Iraqi Dinar Bump~0 Will someone please let the RV Widget out of the jar?
SEBtopdog
SEBtopdog
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 26, 2012 4:11 pm

SEBtopdog wrote:
IQD4US wrote:

Your opinions are always grounded ... and I might say "grounding". You kind of keep it real, IQD4US, and I appreciate that. While I agree with your comment: "If they could spend 1 IQD for the same loaf of bread - the country becomes richer, and they can lower the usage of USD in Iraq - remember - they don't like us.", I still remind myself that this is not about us -- either US or us as in you and me. We're just along for the ride and hoping to be the opposite of collateral damage in the process -- collateral improvement? Razz

Anyway, keep it coming. Your opinions are pretty fearless. :flower:

Sebtopdog, in your opinion do you think we are going to go all the way to September or january for the rv?

Back to top Go down

Post by SEBtopdog Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:27 pm

Punisher said: "Sebtopdog, in your opinion do you think we are going to go all the way to September or january for the rv?"

I honestly don't think so, Punisher. Of course, we have to be mindful of all developments in the Middle East, and I don't think this new president of Egypt being a member of the Muslim Brotherhood bodes well for continuing a truce with Israel. That being said, however, if things remain relatively constant throughout the region, I just believe Shabbibi is working full steam behind the scenes to bring this to fruition for the sake of the long-suffering Iraqi people.

What does your gut instinct tell you?

Parliament and Finance committee support revalue of Iraqi Dinar Emoticon-animal-028

Keep smiling ... It'll make 'em wonder what you're up to!

Parliament and Finance committee support revalue of Iraqi Dinar Bump~0 Will someone please let the RV Widget out of the jar?
SEBtopdog
SEBtopdog
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:38 pm

Sebtopdog, i just feel the timing is right for something to happen in july. I could be wrong but that is my feeling ...

Back to top Go down

Post by Terbo56 Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:44 pm

Seb and Punisher- I'm thinking the same thing- Still, we wait-Wink
Terbo56
Terbo56
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:55 pm

Lets see if tariffs happen sunday...

Back to top Go down

Post by IQD4US Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:32 am

punisher wrote:

Iqd4us, i respect your opinion alot. So you think 50 cents is what we will get per dinar and not. 86? Do you think it is feasible for the revalue to happen by the middle of july?

My only reasoning about 50 cents instead of 86 it the change fees and taxes. My reference to 50 cents is what I believe will be the "we get to keep" portion. I do believe in the "somewhere around 86 cents", but then are they referring to value per the SDR rate or straight across the board USD to IQD. As of this posting, the USD value is only .8237. Hope that makes sense - It had been a long time of reads and studies for me to understand it myself - not sure I can explain without writing my own book (but them someone might think I was attempting to be a "guru" and I assure you I am not even close)

As for July - several things are happening. Now does one affect the other, do they go hand in hand, or are they completely separate from each other??? UNSC meeting on Chap VII, Ramadan, candidates for election, UNAMI supervision ending 06/30/12, talk of revalue, presentation of the news of new denoms.....the list goes on.

A revalue would be nice sooner than later, but I do not know - and cannot find concrete proof in the 86 + documents as to whether Iraq needs their money to have value internationally prior to release from Chap VII, or if the release allows them to. The Chap VII, the SC documents, the reports all say "with Iraq wanting to regain international standing", they all refer to it - but none say which comes first. I assume the release comes first - and I would hope the revalue and new denoms would follow in short suit.

Fortunately not everything relys on the Iraqi Government - CBI has authority over the banking and reports to IMF. Only certain things require government approval, and the government cannot force CBI.

Could it hapen mid July - I would have to give a maybe because we've never seen this done before - but I would follow it with probably not. Earliest in my opinion - August - but I don't know how Ramadan affects CBI or GOI. It Starts July 20 and goes for 30 days. That's the end of August. I believe September is elections. So I personally am not looking for it before October.
IQD4US
IQD4US
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:51 am

IQD4US wrote:
punisher wrote:

My only reasoning about 50 cents instead of 86 it the change fees and taxes. My reference to 50 cents is what I believe will be the "we get to keep" portion. I do believe in the "somewhere around 86 cents", but then are they referring to value per the SDR rate or straight across the board USD to IQD. As of this posting, the USD value is only .8237. Hope that makes sense - It had been a long time of reads and studies for me to understand it myself - not sure I can explain without writing my own book (but them someone might think I was attempting to be a "guru" and I assure you I am not even close)

As for July - several things are happening. Now does one affect the other, do they go hand in hand, or are they completely separate from each other??? UNSC meeting on Chap VII, Ramadan, candidates for election, UNAMI supervision ending 06/30/12, talk of revalue, presentation of the news of new denoms.....the list goes on.

A revalue would be nice sooner than later, but I do not know - and cannot find concrete proof in the 86 + documents as to whether Iraq needs their money to have value internationally prior to release from Chap VII, or if the release allows them to. The Chap VII, the SC documents, the reports all say "with Iraq wanting to regain international standing", they all refer to it - but none say which comes first. I assume the release comes first - and I would hope the revalue and new denoms would follow in short suit.

Fortunately not everything relys on the Iraqi Government - CBI has authority over the banking and reports to IMF. Only certain things require government approval, and the government cannot force CBI.

Could it hapen mid July - I would have to give a maybe because we've never seen this done before - but I would follow it with probably not. Earliest in my opinion - August - but I don't know how Ramadan affects CBI or GOI. It Starts July 20 and goes for 30 days. That's the end of August. I believe September is elections. So I personally am not looking for it before October.

Ok, thank you for your opinion. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Catherine Wed Jun 27, 2012 1:05 am

THANK YOU IQD4US for taking all that time to explain things to us. I for one appreciate it a lot. I don't like hearing 50 cents so I may need to tell myself it could be that low. No it is not a greed thing but for those like me who don't have anywhere near a million IQD it sounds really low. Sure those who have a million may get a half million out of it-sure that sounds good! Ok..done rambling...just wanted to say thank you!

COME ON...
RV ALREADY!

Catherine
Catherine
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:29 am

Catherine wrote:THANK YOU IQD4US for taking all that time to explain things to us. I for one appreciate it a lot. I don't like hearing 50 cents so I may need to tell myself it could be that low. No it is not a greed thing but for those like me who don't have anywhere near a million IQD it sounds really low. Sure those who have a million may get a half million out of it-sure that sounds good! Ok..done rambling...just wanted to say thank you!

bigsmile

Back to top Go down

Post by IQD4US Wed Jun 27, 2012 3:23 pm

punisher wrote:
Catherine wrote:THANK YOU IQD4US for taking all that time to explain things to us. I for one appreciate it a lot. I don't like hearing 50 cents so I may need to tell myself it could be that low. No it is not a greed thing but for those like me who don't have anywhere near a million IQD it sounds really low. Sure those who have a million may get a half million out of it-sure that sounds good! Ok..done rambling...just wanted to say thank you!

Parliament and Finance committee support revalue of Iraqi Dinar 949729897

Then I have GREAT news for you - I based my calculations on the highest exchange rate, and the highest tax rate -I figured that having more in the end when it is all said and done would be better than getting hit with an unexpected bite out of our investment, as everybodys life has its own twist. Even though some may get a better rate at a big 4 bank - they may choose to stay with a local smaller bank. And of course - we can all make exactly 50k a year, but all of us have a different amount of tax due or refunded. Covering all the bases - and looking at the low to stay focused, and anything extra will be s-w-e-e-t
IQD4US
IQD4US
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 27, 2012 3:30 pm

I agree. Even if you have little ...that can turn into alot Smile

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum