Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Go Russia
VIETNAM US dollar-Vietnamese dong exchange rate will be stable I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2024 11:37 am by kenlej

» Go Russia
VIETNAM US dollar-Vietnamese dong exchange rate will be stable I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2024 10:51 am by kenlej

» Textbook Tony
VIETNAM US dollar-Vietnamese dong exchange rate will be stable I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2024 4:13 pm by Mission1st

» The Rockefellers and the controllers are freaking out right about now
VIETNAM US dollar-Vietnamese dong exchange rate will be stable I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2024 11:16 am by kenlej

» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
VIETNAM US dollar-Vietnamese dong exchange rate will be stable I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
VIETNAM US dollar-Vietnamese dong exchange rate will be stable I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
VIETNAM US dollar-Vietnamese dong exchange rate will be stable I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
VIETNAM US dollar-Vietnamese dong exchange rate will be stable I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
VIETNAM US dollar-Vietnamese dong exchange rate will be stable I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
VIETNAM US dollar-Vietnamese dong exchange rate will be stable I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
VIETNAM US dollar-Vietnamese dong exchange rate will be stable I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
VIETNAM US dollar-Vietnamese dong exchange rate will be stable I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
VIETNAM US dollar-Vietnamese dong exchange rate will be stable I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
VIETNAM US dollar-Vietnamese dong exchange rate will be stable I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
VIETNAM US dollar-Vietnamese dong exchange rate will be stable I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
VIETNAM US dollar-Vietnamese dong exchange rate will be stable I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
VIETNAM US dollar-Vietnamese dong exchange rate will be stable I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
VIETNAM US dollar-Vietnamese dong exchange rate will be stable I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
VIETNAM US dollar-Vietnamese dong exchange rate will be stable I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
VIETNAM US dollar-Vietnamese dong exchange rate will be stable I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

VIETNAM US dollar-Vietnamese dong exchange rate will be stable

Go down

VIETNAM US dollar-Vietnamese dong exchange rate will be stable Empty VIETNAM US dollar-Vietnamese dong exchange rate will be stable

Post by 1alaskan Sun Jun 24, 2012 4:58 pm

US dollar-Vietnamese dong exchange rate will be stable

According to ANZs report released on Wednesday, government efforts to stabilise the foreign exchange market and restore confidence in the dong were having a positive effect.

The US dollar-Vietnamese dong exchange rate is expected to hold steady to the end of this year, but ANZ and Standard Chartered banks anticipates a dong devaluation early next year.

The dong onshore trading rate has stabilised in the VND20,550-VND20,650 per US dollar range in recent months.

In the offshore Non Deliverable Forward (NDF) market, the dongs implied 12-month discount has narrowed by 2.2 percentage points from its post-devaluation peak in February. The dongs one-month NDF discount has also stabilised around 1 per cent.

"The State Bank of Vietnam (SBV)s more aggressive stance on inflation and changes in its FX policy are behind the recent stabilisation," ANZs report said.

However, both ANZ and Standard Chartered Bank assumed that depreciation pressure would resume next year due to rising inflation, a widening trade deficit, low FX reserves, and the risk of new policy mistakes.

ANZ expects the dong to be devalued by 3-4 per cent within the first quarter (Q1) 2012 as inflation remains in double-digits. The dongs real effective exchange rate (REER) - a measure of its cost competitiveness - has appreciated by 5.6 per cent since March. Further REER gains will adversely impact on the trade deficit and exacerbate Vietnams already fragile balance of payments position.

Yesterday, Standard Chartered Bank also pushed back expectations of a further devaluation in the dong from Q3 this year to 2012. It forecast the exchange rate at the end of Q3 to be VND20,600 per dollar and VND20,600 at end-Q4. At the end of Q1 in 2012 it expects the rate to be VND21,400 and VND21,400 at end-Q2. It predicts a further rise to VND22,000 at Q3-end and VND22,000 at the end of Q4.

"The change in our FX forecasts reflects encouraging steps by the Vietnamese authorities to tighten monetary policy and their commitment to maintaining a stable exchange rate," Standard Chartered said.

Standard Chartered factors in dong devaluations of 6.8 per cent next year - comparable to the average yearly dong devaluation between 2008-10.

Vietnams yearly inflation climbed to 19.8 per cent in May, marking a 29-month high - the fastest rise in any of the 14 Asian economies tracked by Bloomberg.

Vietnams trade deficit reached $1.7 billion - its greatest level in 17 months. In April it stood at $1.49 billion. The May deficit brought the total for the year to $6.59 billion, wider than the $5.46 billion deficit at the same point last year, putting further pressure on authorities to address imbalances in the economy.

http://www.vietnambankingnews.info/news/12-us-dollar-vietnamese-dong-exchange-rate-will-be-stable.html

Being defeated is often a temporary condition. Giving up is what makes it permanent.
Marilyn Vos Savant

Yesterday would have been better, but today is a good day

Remember as always, JMHO
Rantings from just north of sixty

1alaskan
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum