Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Go Russia
are we closer? I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2024 11:37 am by kenlej

» Go Russia
are we closer? I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2024 10:51 am by kenlej

» Textbook Tony
are we closer? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2024 4:13 pm by Mission1st

» The Rockefellers and the controllers are freaking out right about now
are we closer? I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2024 11:16 am by kenlej

» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
are we closer? I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
are we closer? I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
are we closer? I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
are we closer? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
are we closer? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
are we closer? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
are we closer? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
are we closer? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
are we closer? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
are we closer? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
are we closer? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
are we closer? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
are we closer? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
are we closer? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
are we closer? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
are we closer? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

are we closer?

+7
Catherine7
ADMIN
fridayh
IQD4US
1alaskan
SEBtopdog
catman
11 posters

Go down

are we closer? Empty are we closer?

Post by catman Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:35 pm

Lately there has been a lot of excitment that the RV is almost here (never heard that one before) with a bucket full of news articles and the usdual bucket od guru "intel". All agree we are close and getting closer.

Sort of reminds me of the math problem given in school. If you are at point A and point B is exactly 100.375 miles away and you move half the distance to point B every hour, how long will it take to get to point B?are we closer? 761671673
catman
catman
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

are we closer? Empty Re: are we closer?

Post by SEBtopdog Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:50 pm

catman wrote:Lately there has been a lot of excitment that the RV is almost here (never heard that one before) with a bucket full of news articles and the usdual bucket od guru "intel". All agree we are close and getting closer.

Sort of reminds me of the math problem given in school. If you are at point A and point B is exactly 100.375 miles away and you move half the distance to point B every hour, how long will it take to get to point B?are we closer? 761671673

So......What's the answer, catman? I was never any good at algebra. :geek: :study:

are we closer? Emoticon-animal-028

Keep smiling ... It'll make 'em wonder what you're up to!

are we closer? Bump~0 Will someone please let the RV Widget out of the jar?
SEBtopdog
SEBtopdog
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 1alaskan Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:56 pm

A person would never get there, but in about 15 hours you would be walking distance away for point "B".

Being defeated is often a temporary condition. Giving up is what makes it permanent.
Marilyn Vos Savant

Yesterday would have been better, but today is a good day

Remember as always, JMHO
Rantings from just north of sixty

1alaskan
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by IQD4US Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:58 pm

Where I won't solve your math problem, I can give some facts about a timeline.

On Monday 19 June there was a meeting to discuss a report due on 15 Jun from the Secretary General appointed by the UN to oversee the financial transaction transparency of UNAMI, and also reporting on thier development on the issues of Chap VII and resolutions 1956 (2010) 1483 (2003) 687 (1991) SC 10490 (2011) RES 1284 (1999)

There is a MORE important meeting JULY 28 2012 that involves the report from the High-Level Coordinator Office that ends its mission 06/30/12 on resolutions 1859, and 651.

To quote:

Para.5: Decides to review resolutions pertaining specifically to Iraq, beginning with the

adoption of resolution 661 (1990), and in that regard requests the Secretary-General to

report, after consultations with Iraq, on facts relevant to consideration by the Council of

actions necessary for Iraq to achieve international standing equal to that which it held prior

to the adoption of such resolutions;

This, IMHO, will be when the UN (not Iraq, USA, IMF etc) decides as the United Nations, whether the WORLD is confident that Iraq has fulfilled all its obligations and is ready to be recognized once again - in other words - they can return to an independant unmonitored (by other goverments or the UN) country of thier own, without need to report unless they step out of line and go to war again.

In other words - they got out of jail on December 31, 2011, and their probation hearing is July 28, 2012.

Then we go from there.

Are we closer - ----- - every day we are one day closer - ----- - but we just don't know where the calendar ends....no one does.. NOT EVEN IRAQ - the probation hearing isn't over yet - anything can still happen.

Just my opinion - and if you want more on the resolutions and meetings - you will find them on the United Nations site.

Hey y'all - I'm back!!!
IQD4US
IQD4US
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 1alaskan Tue Jun 19, 2012 4:04 pm

IQD4US,

Do you have a link?

Being defeated is often a temporary condition. Giving up is what makes it permanent.
Marilyn Vos Savant

Remember as always, JMHO

1alaskan
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by fridayh Tue Jun 19, 2012 4:14 pm

Thank you!! Very Happy You guys always bring a smile to my face just hearing from you!!

fridayh

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Tue Jun 19, 2012 4:31 pm

Love the topic title...

We are "always" closer... Laughing

ADMIN
Admin
Admin

http://dinardaily@gmail.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Catherine7 Tue Jun 19, 2012 4:37 pm

I am finally in.....hi yi yi it took about 100 tries but am now in-I think! Rolling Eyes

Catherine7

Back to top Go down

Post by IQD4US Tue Jun 19, 2012 4:44 pm

1alaskan wrote:IQD4US,

Do you have a link?

http://www.un.org/Docs/sc/

There are pages to all the resolutions via search. Do I have individual links to each of them - nope - look them up according to the calendar of the Monthly Programme. But from that page you can research it all....
IQD4US
IQD4US
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 1alaskan Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:09 pm

Thanks for link.

Marilyn Vos Savant

Remember as always, JMHO

1alaskan
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevind53 Tue Jun 19, 2012 6:31 pm

1alaskan wrote:A person would never get there, but in about 15 hours you would be walking distance away for point "B".

You would never get there yes, but actually, in 15 hours (less really) you would be close enough for all practical purposes ...

Trust but Verify --- R Reagan Suspect

"Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you."1 Thessalonians 5:14–18

are we closer? 2805820865  are we closer? 2805820865  are we closer? 2805820865  are we closer? 2805820865
Kevind53
Kevind53
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by SEBtopdog Tue Jun 19, 2012 6:44 pm

Catherine7 wrote:I am finally in.....hi yi yi it took about 100 tries but am now in-I think! Rolling Eyes

Hi Catherine7 ... Are there 6 other Catherines? ☀ I'm guessing you're not our Mod Catherine who's had to start all over with the new site and a new identity. So, are you brand new? If so, welcome to you, and I hope we'll be chatting with you a lot. :flower:

are we closer? Emoticon-animal-028

Keep smiling ... It'll make 'em wonder what you're up to!

are we closer? Bump~0 Will someone please let the RV Widget out of the jar?
SEBtopdog
SEBtopdog
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:45 pm

1alaskan wrote:IQD4US,

Do you have a link?

COME RV!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevind53 Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:23 pm

To answer the original question, 15 hours would put you within 16 feet, close enough for well hand grenades anyway ... if you want to get really close 20 hours would put you within 6 inches, and 25 hours would put you within 3/16" certainly close enough for all practical purposes.

IQD4US, while I agree that it looks like the remaining sanctions will not be removed for a while, the remaining sanctions will have no effect on any potential RV. All economic sanctions were removed long ago. The remaining measures deal strictly with the Iraqi-Kuwaiti border, war reparations, and return of MIA/KIA/POW and missing artifacts.

"Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you."1 Thessalonians 5:14–18

are we closer? 2805820865  are we closer? 2805820865  are we closer? 2805820865  are we closer? 2805820865
Kevind53
Kevind53
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by IQD4US Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:38 pm

Kevind53 wrote:To answer the original question, 15 hours would put you within 16 feet, close enough for well hand grenades anyway ... if you want to get really close 20 hours would put you within 6 inches, and 25 hours would put you within 3/16" certainly close enough for all practical purposes.

IQD4US, while I agree that it looks like the remaining sanctions will not be removed for a while, the remaining sanctions will have no effect on any potential RV. All economic sanctions were removed long ago. The remaining measures deal strictly with the Iraqi-Kuwaiti border, war reparations, and return of MIA/KIA/POW and missing artifacts.

Now here is where I will ask - do you have a link that shows "all economic sanctions were removed long ago." I find nothing within the UN resolutions that states that all the sactions were lifted. I find they are allowed to do business, I find they are and were able to take loans, but I have not found the one that returns them to full transaction freedom that would allow other countries to include the Iraqi Dinar as part of their "reserves" as all Central Banks around the world have. They are not yet a "tradeable currency" or we would be able to buy them at the airport terminals - and I checked on my return from vacation less than a week ago.

Just so no one thinks this is about to be a "fight" - for those new to this site this is how we find answers and discuss opinions - I mean no disrespect in asking the question.

Last edited by IQD4US on Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:39 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)
IQD4US
IQD4US
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:03 am

IQD4US, do you see the RV happening in JULY or SEPTEMBER...or maybe JAN 2013?

Back to top Go down

Post by IQD4US Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:22 am

http://www.un.org/News/Press/docs/2011/sc10345.doc.htm

partial quote FROM sc/10345 DATED 28 JUL 2011:

Reaffirming the importance of the United Nations Assistance Mission for Iraq (UNAMI) in helping the Iraqi people and Government strengthen democratic institutions, advance inclusive political dialogue and national reconciliation and facilitate regional dialogue, the Security Council today decided to extend its mandate for 12 months.

UNAMI is in charge of reporting on Iraq compliance with the origional RES 660 (1990) including restitution. This means a review 28 JUL 2012 - which is stated at http://www.un.org/Docs/sc/SC-RMcycles.pdf page 9

There are concerns that Iraq cannot settle its country from violence and fears of a civil war. Without the dissolution of RES 660 - Iraq will not have the remaining sanctions removed.

They currently have portions of the Chap VII sanction lifted - like embargos, and there are some non-member countries that have continued to business with Iraq all along - and have voice disapproval of the Chap VII from the beginning. As UN member countries request a portion of the sanction be lifted so as to not put a burden on their country for lack of export income, Iraq receives more benefits - with the proceeds coming from the oil money in escrow.

I believe, if Iraq can settle down in the next month - they will be fully release to their former international position - and that means an RV can take place anytime after.

Elections are in September.

August would be a good time to make a play for votes - or perhaps the Iraqi people think different or thier constitution calls for a hold on Parliment for a certain amount of time prior. I don't know the Iraqi Constitution well enough to speak.

So lets say they get released on July 28th. Country interested in elelctions - but no parliment decisions (we know they take forever anyway) Stalled til September.

Already talk of the new currency in 2013.

December 31 is 1 year sovereignty. (haha - still under UNAMI)

I believe (and I am just taking the information I have read on RES's 660 687 770 665 787 794 678 686 689 669 748 666 670 778 757 and 760 along with SC's/ 21786 22021 22548 for an educated GUESS) that Iraq will want to be released AND regain thier international position in under 1 year from kicking the USA out. (they are a proud people)

They keep referring to matching the USD - but people forget that $1 USD is actually only worth about .8142 (daily tracking on www.marketwatch.com right side "Markets" currency tab). The UNSC articles talk about "restoring to Iraq to its former position internationally" BUT it doesn't specify the financial worth in those docs.

I also believe, since even the UK stated in an address to the UNSC that the "resolutions seem to be written without a definate end, and appear to show the USA desire to keep Iraq under Chapter VII" that Iraq is pissed at the USA and Obama - and will not do anything to make things "better for Americans" before the elections.

My best "guess-timate" - Mid November to End December with a 25% possibility in August because they can...

Again - just my opinion of what I have taken from my reading - by no means do I think things can't go differently. And (as usual) I hope I am wrong about how long........
IQD4US
IQD4US
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by doodoo Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:39 am

To quote a well known Guru, with one of the few truthful statements he has ever made:
"We are closer right now than we have ever been"

SENATOR DOODOO
Support Term Limits for US Congress
doodoo
doodoo
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevind53 Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:11 am

IQD4US wrote:
Kevind53 wrote:To answer the original question, 15 hours would put you within 16 feet, close enough for well hand grenades anyway ... if you want to get really close 20 hours would put you within 6 inches, and 25 hours would put you within 3/16" certainly close enough for all practical purposes.

Now here is where I will ask - do you have a link that shows "all economic sanctions were removed long ago." I find nothing within the UN resolutions that states that all the sactions were lifted. I find they are allowed to do business, I find they are and were able to take loans, but I have not found the one that returns them to full transaction freedom that would allow other countries to include the Iraqi Dinar as part of their "reserves" as all Central Banks around the world have. They are not yet a "tradeable currency" or we would be able to buy them at the airport terminals - and I checked on my return from vacation less than a week ago.

Just so no one thinks this is about to be a "fight" - for those new to this site this is how we find answers and discuss opinions - I mean no disrespect in asking the question.

Yes, I posted a link to the official UN documents a week or so ago ... so I do, but I will have to do some digging. I will be on the road so it'll be evening before I even have a chance to look for it. But it was UN security council resolution 1384 (something like that) and if memory serves me correctly, it was passed in 2008. It very cleary states that all economic sanctions were lifted.

Kevind53
Kevind53
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevind53 Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:15 am

By the way, no arguments from me as to the possible timing ... despite what the roo's say the US nor anyone else has any say in that. I would love to see it happen June/July and there is a chance, but I would be surprised to see it happen then.

Kevind53
Kevind53
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:21 am

IQD4US, thanks for your opinion...always a pleasure.

Back to top Go down

Post by IQD4US Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:50 am

Kevind53 - sorry I missed it, I was on vacation, but I look forward to reading it. I have found that many of the RES and SC 's combine or feed off each other.
IQD4US
IQD4US
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevind53 Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:48 pm

I posted it as a topic under finances but here is the text:
10. Decides that, with the exception of prohibitions related to the sale or supply to Iraq of arms and related materiel other than those arms and related materiel required by the Authority to serve the purposes of this and other related resolutions, all prohibitions related to trade with Iraq and the provision of financial or economic resources to Iraq established by resolution 661 (1990) and subsequent relevant resolutions, including resolution 778 (1992) of 2 October 1992, shall no longer apply;

http://www.uncc.ch/resolutio/res1483.pdf

It was 2003, so even longer ago than I remembered.

Kevind53
Kevind53
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Terbo56 Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:57 pm

Kevind53- So the value of the dinar is going to stay the same, am I correct in my thoughts?Smile
Terbo56
Terbo56
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by rick152 Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:58 pm

As far as the answer to the math question....If you move half closer each time you will never reach point B. Because you will still have half more to go.

Love understands, Love supports, comforts and, cares for. Love forgives. Love also honors, respects and, believes
so please;
Love each other and yourself ...rick152
rick152
rick152
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevind53 Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:04 pm

While technically correct Rick, sometime between 15 and 20 hours you will be close enough for practical purposes.

That is my understanding Terbo. Shabbi has stated many times that the value of the large notes would not change.

Kevind53
Kevind53
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Terbo56 Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:16 pm

That's what I thought, Kevind53- IQD4US was inquiring about that earlier today- Thankyou 4 that!!Very Happy :cheers: They will be pleased to know-
Terbo56
Terbo56
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum