Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» The Rockefellers and the controllers are freaking out right about now
China Markets in Contraction: Birth Pangs to an RV? I_icon_minitimeToday at 11:16 am by kenlej

» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
China Markets in Contraction: Birth Pangs to an RV? I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
China Markets in Contraction: Birth Pangs to an RV? I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
China Markets in Contraction: Birth Pangs to an RV? I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
China Markets in Contraction: Birth Pangs to an RV? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
China Markets in Contraction: Birth Pangs to an RV? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
China Markets in Contraction: Birth Pangs to an RV? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
China Markets in Contraction: Birth Pangs to an RV? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
China Markets in Contraction: Birth Pangs to an RV? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
China Markets in Contraction: Birth Pangs to an RV? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
China Markets in Contraction: Birth Pangs to an RV? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
China Markets in Contraction: Birth Pangs to an RV? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
China Markets in Contraction: Birth Pangs to an RV? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
China Markets in Contraction: Birth Pangs to an RV? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
China Markets in Contraction: Birth Pangs to an RV? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
China Markets in Contraction: Birth Pangs to an RV? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
China Markets in Contraction: Birth Pangs to an RV? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
China Markets in Contraction: Birth Pangs to an RV? I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
China Markets in Contraction: Birth Pangs to an RV? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
China Markets in Contraction: Birth Pangs to an RV? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

China Markets in Contraction: Birth Pangs to an RV?

Go down

China Markets in Contraction: Birth Pangs to an RV? Empty China Markets in Contraction: Birth Pangs to an RV?

Post by KAI Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:19 pm

Asian Stocks Fall Amid Earnings, China Slowdown Concerns

By Jonathan Burgos - Apr 22, 2012 8:03 PM PT

Asian stocks fell after companies from Daewoo Engineering & Construction Co. and Tokyo Steel (5423)Manufacturing Co. posted weaker earnings and a manufacturing survey signaled China’s economic slowdown is deepening. affraid

Daewoo Engineering dropped 4.3 percent in Seoul after the construction company posted a 38 percent drop in first-quarter operating profit. Tokyo Steel slumped 7.3 percent as the steelmaker’s full-year loss widened on increased production costs. China Mobile Ltd., the world’s biggest carrier by subscribers, fell 1.8 percent in Hong Kong after posting first-quarter net income that missed analysts’ estimates.

Asian Stocks Decline as Earnings Overshadow Europe Optimism

China Markets in Contraction: Birth Pangs to an RV? IU89XZdrai2A

Kiyoshi Ota/Bloomberg

Canon Inc. added 0.9 percent.

Canon Inc. added 0.9 percent. Photographer: Kiyoshi Ota/Bloomberg

China Markets in Contraction: Birth Pangs to an RV? IXI3WxY_yRwA

Play Video
Q
April 23 (Bloomberg) -- Binay Chandgothia, a Hong Kong-based portfolio manager at Principal Global Investors, talks about the implications of France's presidential election for markets, global stocks and his investment strategy. Chandgothia also discusses Federal Reserve monetary policy. He speaks with Susan Li on Bloomberg Television's "First Up." (Source: Bloomberg)

“Investors are taking a wait-and-see attitude as some earnings disappoint,” said Ng Soo Nam, Singapore-based chief investment officer at Nikko Asset Management Asia Ltd., which oversees about $165 billion. “Even if more earnings were to come in at below expectations, we are still staring at very cheap equity valuations. There’s still scope for the market to move up.”

The MSCI Asia Pacific Index (MXAP) dropped 0.2 percent to 123.93 as of 11:57 a.m. in Tokyo, erasing gains of as much as 0.3 percent. The gauge posted its fourth weekly retreat this year last week as the Group of 20 nations warned Europe’s debt crisis still threatens global growth and as reports showed economic expansion is slowing in the U.S. and China.

China Manufacturing

Japan’s Nikkei 225 Stock Average declined 0.3 percent, erasing gains of as much as 0.9 percent. South Korea’s Kospi Index and Australia’s S&P/ASX 200 Index both slipped 0.2 percent. Hong Kong’s Hang Seng Index decreased 0.5 percent.

China’s Shanghai Composite Index slid 0.1 percent as a survey showed the nation’s manufacturing may contract for a sixth month in April. The 49.1 preliminary reading of thePurchasing Managers’ Index from HSBC Holdings Plc and Markit Economics today compares with a final reading of 48.3 in March. A number below 50 points to a contraction.

To contact the reporter on this story: Jonathan Burgos in Singapore at jburgos4@bloomberg.net

To contact the editor responsible for this story: John McCluskey at j.mccluskey@bloomberg.net
KAI
KAI
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum