Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Carnival Rides
What do you do when you make a mistake? I_icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2024 5:03 pm by kenlej

» Go Russia
What do you do when you make a mistake? I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2024 11:37 am by kenlej

» Go Russia
What do you do when you make a mistake? I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2024 10:51 am by kenlej

» Textbook Tony
What do you do when you make a mistake? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2024 4:13 pm by Mission1st

» The Rockefellers and the controllers are freaking out right about now
What do you do when you make a mistake? I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2024 11:16 am by kenlej

» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
What do you do when you make a mistake? I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
What do you do when you make a mistake? I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
What do you do when you make a mistake? I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
What do you do when you make a mistake? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
What do you do when you make a mistake? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
What do you do when you make a mistake? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
What do you do when you make a mistake? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
What do you do when you make a mistake? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
What do you do when you make a mistake? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
What do you do when you make a mistake? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
What do you do when you make a mistake? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
What do you do when you make a mistake? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
What do you do when you make a mistake? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
What do you do when you make a mistake? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
What do you do when you make a mistake? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

What do you do when you make a mistake?

+10
Kevind53
Terbo56
sandwedge
SEBtopdog
dinarace
dinarstar
bobd
Jayzze
jimdp
ibcraig0
14 posters

Go down

What do you do when you make a mistake? Empty What do you do when you make a mistake?

Post by ibcraig0 Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:51 pm

Unless something has changed that I am not aware of, everyone makes mistakes, there are no perfect people walking around on this planet. So, what do you do when you make a mistake? Do you pretend that it never happened and go along with life? Do you obsess over it until you are almost physically ill? What is the mature adult thing to do when you have made a mistake?

Well, since I am about as far from being perfect as a person can be I have lots of experience in dealing with mistakes. Let me share some of my thoughts on what to do when you make a mistake. First and foremost you have to ask yourself who has been injured or affected by your mistake. Mistakes can come in many forms and with many levels of severity. For example, when I forget to tell my wife that I love her when I leave for work in the morning that can carry very severe ramifications for me that night when I get home. Making a mistake can affect many people or just one, or just yourself. What you do when you make a mistake really shows what type of person you truly are deep down inside. I learned that valuable lesson from a very wise teacher who also happened to be my boss at the time. Lets just talk about mistakes that affect others since that is where I want to go with this.

If you make a mistake that affects others, I guess the first step is that you have to realize that you made that mistake. Most of the time that isn’t hard to do because you will be notified promptly of your mistake, and if it affects enough people you will be notified multiple times as well. Now, how do you deal with it? Well, if you try to hide and ignore it hoping it will go away, it probably will with time, at least it will seem to go away. People who have been wronged don’t forget as easily as we might hope they do so probably even though people might stop talking about your mistake, they won’t forget t and if you have ignored it hoping for it to go away you will find that some if not all of the people you wronged with your mistake will carry a grudge for a long time. So my first piece of advice is not to ignore it hoping it will just go away. My ex-wife was like that. She did that with just about everything like bills, mistakes, anything negative she would just ignore it and hope it went away. I used to call her an ostrich because she just seemed like she wanted to bury her head in the sand and hope that when she pulled it out the negative would be gone. Life doesn’t work that way and it never worked for her either. Our divorce is a prime example of that.

So, what should you do if you make a mistake. First you need to own up to it. Acknowledge that you made the mistake. Offering excuses doesn’t work and usually just makes matters worse. Just own up to your mistake and face the consequences head on. Now, if you can offer an explanation as to why you made that mistake, NOT an excuse, but a common sense explanation then now would be a good time to do so. If you address the people affected by your mistake, own up to it, and accept the consequences from those your mistake affected you will be well on your way to putting it behind you. People appreciate someone who admits when they have made a mistake and own up to it. They may still be hurt and need time to heal, but they will heal and eventually it will go away. The worst thing you can do when you make a mistake is deny it or try to hide it. People are not stupid and they know when a mistake has been made. If you try to deny it or hide it or ignore it, the people affected by your mistake will feel even more wronged and it can develop into feelings that are not very kind. I’m not saying that is right either, but since we are all human, and that is pretty much human nature, if you try to do this when you have made a mistake you are just putting fuel on the fire that you started with the initial mistake.

Of course the next thing is to really try hard not to make the same mistake again, at least not with the same people. That is just not a very smart thing to do, especially if you don’t own up to the first mistake.

A mistake was made by someone on this board a few weeks ago. An RV was called very boldly and in no uncertain terms. That RV never happened, and nothing was ever said about that mistake by the person who made it, and after time people stopped talking about it, but they DID NOT forget about it. Then this past weekend another RV was called even bolder than the last, by the same person/s, with a rate and date attached to it. Well, that date past and the RV did not happen. Now two mistakes have been made by the same person/s and to date nothing has been said by either of them about those mistakes. Those mistakes affected many people because of the emotions tied to the statements made. We have heard of people having strokes and heart attacks and nervous breakdowns because of this crazy ride we are on and for someone to make a statement like the one made when there are people with such strong emotions tied to this is risky to say the least. I know that the “smart” thing is not to have emotions attached to an investment. I know that and those who have been involved in investments know that, but that doesn’t matter to those who have bought into this with hopes of alternative cancer cures that cost a lot of money, or saving a home just about to go into foreclosure, or any number of other very traumatic life events that are tied to this investment for the numerous people that have some very strong hopes hanging on this. So when a statement is made of the magnitude of the statement made this past Saturday, and then nothing comes of that, there are people who are hurt emotionally very deeply. I would hope that a responsible, caring person would at least address their mistake and offer some sort of apology to those who have their whole lives waiting on this to happen. Emotions have been hurt, peoples lives have been affected, and feelings have been hurt. People feel betrayed and confidences have been lost. I just wanted to point the obvious out in case those who made these mistakes don’t realize what they have done. As I said in the beginning, I am about as far from perfect as anyone can get, and I make more than my fair share of mistakes. I am not pretending to be perfect, I am just saying that from one imperfect person to another, maybe it would be nice if you addressed the mistakes made and offer some type of apology to those who have been hurt because of those mistakes.
ibcraig0
ibcraig0
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

What do you do when you make a mistake? Empty Re: What do you do when you make a mistake?

Post by jimdp Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:06 pm

a true man of God is willing to admit (his) error. To simply I was not wrong- the intel was wrong is simply no right.

I, for one, have been wrong (obviously)more than I care to remember; somestimes I have readily amittted; sometime I have tried to obfuscate.

I am somewhat bewildered why some have been banned from this sight for not having intel based on "fact' vis a vis, articles published, while others seem exempt from that requirement.

The fact that most of those that post regularly- "get it", does not minimize taking resonsibility and accountability for our actions,

JDP

jimdp

Back to top Go down

What do you do when you make a mistake? Empty Re: What do you do when you make a mistake?

Post by Jayzze Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:05 pm

very simple when you realize you have made a mistake owe up to it say you are sorry and that should di it. you have realized it and have atoned for it end of mistake all is forgiven
Jayzze
Jayzze
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by bobd Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:31 pm

SORRY GUYS BUT THIS RV IS UNCHARTED TERRITORY.I THINK WE ALL KNEW THIS GOING IN.THIS RV HAS BECOME TO LATE FOR ME. BUT I STILL KEEP THE FAITH. NOTHING CAN BE RULED OUT. SO LETS TAKE THE HOURS THAT TURN INTO DAYS AND THE DAYS THAT TURN INTO WEEKS AND THE WEEKS THAT TURN INTO MONTHS AND YEARS AND REALIZE THAT THIS COUNTRY NEEDS THIS RV AS MUCH AS WE DO.WE WILL REAP THE BENIFITS SOON ENOUGH.

chillout hemademe bigsmile
bobd
bobd
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by dinarstar Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:34 pm

bobd,we will indeed,I agree ☀

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It's the courage to continue that counts."
Winston Churchill
(1874-1965)
hug

dinarstar
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by dinarace Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:53 pm

You don't keep making the same mistake over, and over, and over again.

dinarace

Back to top Go down

Post by SEBtopdog Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:43 pm

What do you do when you make a mistake? Well, some folks

What do you do when you make a mistake? 927261665 What do you do when you make a mistake? 2879513009 What do you do when you make a mistake? 974290055 What do you do when you make a mistake? 3091836158

Oh, right.....that's just the people I work with. Nothing to do with dinar. I apologize for highjacking the thread. What do you do when you make a mistake? 576492484

What do you do when you make a mistake? Emoticon-animal-028

Keep smiling ... It'll make 'em wonder what you're up to!

What do you do when you make a mistake? Bump~0 Will someone please let the RV Widget out of the jar?
SEBtopdog
SEBtopdog
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by sandwedge Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:45 pm

dinarace wrote:You don't keep making the same mistake over, and over, and over again.

Admit it. Learn from it, and do eveything in your power not to make the same mistake twice. Unfortunately, like dinarace notes above, these gurus are making the same mistakes over and over far too many times. Will they learn? Obviously not..

Go RI/RV..
sandwedge
sandwedge
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Terbo56 Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:46 pm

I eat a KIT-KAT bar!!Laughing
Terbo56
Terbo56
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by SEBtopdog Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:47 pm

terbo56 wrote:I eat a KIT-KAT bar!!Laughing

Works for me!!!!!!!!!!!! What do you do when you make a mistake? 1261280965

What do you do when you make a mistake? Emoticon-animal-028

Keep smiling ... It'll make 'em wonder what you're up to!

What do you do when you make a mistake? Bump~0 Will someone please let the RV Widget out of the jar?
SEBtopdog
SEBtopdog
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by dinarstar Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:51 pm

lol!
I.... say what? then.... :drunken: ...and then .... run

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It's the courage to continue that counts."
Winston Churchill
(1874-1965)
hug

dinarstar
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevind53 Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:23 pm

SEBtopdog wrote:What do you do when you make a mistake? Well, some folks

What do you do when you make a mistake? 927261665 What do you do when you make a mistake? 2879513009 What do you do when you make a mistake? 974290055 What do you do when you make a mistake? 3091836158

Oh, right.....that's just the people I work with. Nothing to do with dinar. I apologize for highjacking the thread. What do you do when you make a mistake? 576492484
Here ya go Sebbie! Laughing
What do you do when you make a mistake? Thread11

Trust but Verify --- R Reagan Suspect

"Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you."1 Thessalonians 5:14–18

What do you do when you make a mistake? 2805820865  What do you do when you make a mistake? 2805820865  What do you do when you make a mistake? 2805820865  What do you do when you make a mistake? 2805820865
Kevind53
Kevind53
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Catherine Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:31 pm

OK I just have to say this somewhere so this is as good a place as any...WHY does everyone ASSume Okie/Bulldog etc are wrong??? They called it Sat. I believe and dang..people..it is only Tuesday here!!! Unless you believed it was happening that very SECOND?!? I am giving it about a week or so...just sayin'~

COME ON...
RV ALREADY!

What do you do when you make a mistake? Smiley-happy093What do you do when you make a mistake? 7_11_117What do you do when you make a mistake? Smiley-happy093
Catherine
Catherine
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Purpleskyz Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:32 pm

ibcraig...
I just stood up from my chair and applauded after reading your post! Though the cats and dog must think I have lost it I also cheered.
Well said. Very well said.

Out Of Mind
www.oom2.com
What do you do when you make a mistake? 2245507099What do you do when you make a mistake? 2245507099
Purpleskyz
Purpleskyz
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Terbo56 Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:51 pm

Thankyou so much for that!!
Terbo56
Terbo56
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by therealbutterfly Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:18 pm

Catherine wrote:OK I just have to say this somewhere so this is as good a place as any...WHY does everyone ASSume Okie/Bulldog etc are wrong??? They called it Sat. I believe and dang..people..it is only Tuesday here!!! Unless you believed it was happening that very SECOND?!? I am giving it about a week or so...just sayin'~

Cuz its not the first time..... just sayin Wink
therealbutterfly
therealbutterfly
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by blueeyes Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:24 am

Ibcraig,

Wow. Well said Wise man.. Thank-you!
blueeyes
blueeyes

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum