Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Carnival Rides
Good explanation of how and why countries redenominate or 'drop the zeros' I_icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2024 5:03 pm by kenlej

» Go Russia
Good explanation of how and why countries redenominate or 'drop the zeros' I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2024 11:37 am by kenlej

» Go Russia
Good explanation of how and why countries redenominate or 'drop the zeros' I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2024 10:51 am by kenlej

» Textbook Tony
Good explanation of how and why countries redenominate or 'drop the zeros' I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2024 4:13 pm by Mission1st

» The Rockefellers and the controllers are freaking out right about now
Good explanation of how and why countries redenominate or 'drop the zeros' I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2024 11:16 am by kenlej

» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
Good explanation of how and why countries redenominate or 'drop the zeros' I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
Good explanation of how and why countries redenominate or 'drop the zeros' I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
Good explanation of how and why countries redenominate or 'drop the zeros' I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
Good explanation of how and why countries redenominate or 'drop the zeros' I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
Good explanation of how and why countries redenominate or 'drop the zeros' I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
Good explanation of how and why countries redenominate or 'drop the zeros' I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
Good explanation of how and why countries redenominate or 'drop the zeros' I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
Good explanation of how and why countries redenominate or 'drop the zeros' I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
Good explanation of how and why countries redenominate or 'drop the zeros' I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
Good explanation of how and why countries redenominate or 'drop the zeros' I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
Good explanation of how and why countries redenominate or 'drop the zeros' I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
Good explanation of how and why countries redenominate or 'drop the zeros' I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
Good explanation of how and why countries redenominate or 'drop the zeros' I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
Good explanation of how and why countries redenominate or 'drop the zeros' I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
Good explanation of how and why countries redenominate or 'drop the zeros' I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

Good explanation of how and why countries redenominate or 'drop the zeros'

3 posters

Go down

Good explanation of how and why countries redenominate or 'drop the zeros' Empty Good explanation of how and why countries redenominate or 'drop the zeros'

Post by therealbutterfly Mon Feb 06, 2012 4:22 pm

http://www.unc.edu/~lmosley/APSA%202005.pdf

Hope that some of you read this and understand how and why countries drop zeros and what that really means. Its very informative and unbiased.
therealbutterfly
therealbutterfly
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Good explanation of how and why countries redenominate or 'drop the zeros' Empty Re: Good explanation of how and why countries redenominate or 'drop the zeros'

Post by az-tex Mon Feb 06, 2012 4:34 pm

I drop "hot potatoes" ....

Ooops.... Did I go off topic??? Embarassed Laughing Wink

In God's timing, not a second sooner...
az-tex
az-tex
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Good explanation of how and why countries redenominate or 'drop the zeros' Empty Re: Good explanation of how and why countries redenominate or 'drop the zeros'

Post by CaptnJerry Mon Feb 06, 2012 4:54 pm

Great find TRB... Incredible paper. Gonna have to spend some time studying tonight when I get home from work...

CJ

Inspired by Splovengates "Be ready between sunday and monday night, or maybe tuesday or wednesday, could also be thursday but definitely by friday.... probably next week, monday or late tuesday night, wednesday morning to hear the rv and should be cashing in on the following tuesday the 1st part of january or february. Sooner more than later. But no later than the beginning of 2013. Certainly not before then. Until then, let's enjoy the ride!

Good explanation of how and why countries redenominate or 'drop the zeros' Animated-smileys-leisure-013 Come on RI/RV!
CaptnJerry
CaptnJerry
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by therealbutterfly Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:20 pm

Bumping this because people seem confused as to what a redenomination is vs a devaluation.....

Currency redenomination also can be a means by which governments attempt to reassert
monetary sovereignty.
If citizens lose confidence in the national currency, they may begin to use
foreign currencies, particularly those with greater prestige. This may be both a psychological and
an economic blow to the government: with widespread foreign currency substitution (or, more
extremely, full dollarization), the central bank no longer controls the money supply, rendering it
unable to provide lender of last resort functions (Cohen 2004). Economic policy is influenced
not only by international capital markets (e.g. Mosley 2003), but also by foreign central banks.
Currency redenomination, then, is a means by which governments can attempt to reverse this
currency substituting behavior: if citizens are confident that the new Turkish lira will hold its
value, they may be willing to shift from using euros and dollars to using lira. While the act of
dividing a currency’s value by a factor of ten is somewhat symbolic, it also can help to convince
citizens of a currency’s worth.
As a result, redenominations often occur after economic crises, as
governments attempt to convince citizens and markets that hyperinflation is a thing of the past.
In some cases, the timing is correct, in that redenomination caps off high levels of inflation
. In
other cases, governments are not able to reign in inflation immediately after redenomination,
and they may make multiple efforts at currency reform. Argentina and Brazil during the 1980s
and early 1990s exemplify this pattern.
therealbutterfly
therealbutterfly
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by CaptnJerry Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:17 pm

TRB, I added this to the sticky article...

CJ

Inspired by Splovengates "Be ready between sunday and monday night, or maybe tuesday or wednesday, could also be thursday but definitely by friday.... probably next week, monday or late tuesday night, wednesday morning to hear the rv and should be cashing in on the following tuesday the 1st part of january or february. Sooner more than later. But no later than the beginning of 2013. Certainly not before then. Until then, let's enjoy the ride!

Good explanation of how and why countries redenominate or 'drop the zeros' Animated-smileys-leisure-013 Come on RI/RV!
CaptnJerry
CaptnJerry
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by therealbutterfly Thu Mar 01, 2012 5:45 pm

Bumping this to hopefully explain why countries redenominate even tho it doesnt raise the value per se...... Hope this helps!

Good explanation of how and why countries redenominate or 'drop the zeros' Opinio10
therealbutterfly
therealbutterfly
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum