Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Carnival Rides
Redenomination Good or Bad Per Saleh I_icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2024 5:03 pm by kenlej

» Go Russia
Redenomination Good or Bad Per Saleh I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2024 11:37 am by kenlej

» Go Russia
Redenomination Good or Bad Per Saleh I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2024 10:51 am by kenlej

» Textbook Tony
Redenomination Good or Bad Per Saleh I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2024 4:13 pm by Mission1st

» The Rockefellers and the controllers are freaking out right about now
Redenomination Good or Bad Per Saleh I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2024 11:16 am by kenlej

» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
Redenomination Good or Bad Per Saleh I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
Redenomination Good or Bad Per Saleh I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
Redenomination Good or Bad Per Saleh I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
Redenomination Good or Bad Per Saleh I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
Redenomination Good or Bad Per Saleh I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
Redenomination Good or Bad Per Saleh I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
Redenomination Good or Bad Per Saleh I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
Redenomination Good or Bad Per Saleh I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
Redenomination Good or Bad Per Saleh I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
Redenomination Good or Bad Per Saleh I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
Redenomination Good or Bad Per Saleh I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
Redenomination Good or Bad Per Saleh I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
Redenomination Good or Bad Per Saleh I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
Redenomination Good or Bad Per Saleh I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
Redenomination Good or Bad Per Saleh I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

Redenomination Good or Bad Per Saleh

+8
silkysand
SEBtopdog
Kevind53
Wes101
ibcraig0
CaptnJerry
geezer
roadkingrider
12 posters

Go down

Redenomination Good or Bad Per Saleh Empty Redenomination Good or Bad Per Saleh

Post by roadkingrider Sat Jan 21, 2012 5:05 am

Hey guys newbie here. The article that came out the other day where Saleh stated there would be a redenomination of their currency is good or bad for our investment? I have seen a few opinions on other sites and everyone seems very confused as am I. What is the bottom line? Are we looking to make a 1 to 1 gain after a rv or are we looking to break even or even lose money after a redenomination? Your opinions please and hopefully no bashing. Thanks in advance.

Last edited by roadkingrider on Sat Jan 21, 2012 7:00 am; edited 1 time in total

roadkingrider

Back to top Go down

Redenomination Good or Bad Per Saleh Empty Re: Redenomination Good or Bad Per Saleh

Post by geezer Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:47 am

the 1 to 1 ratio will be in country we dont know what the out of country exchange rate will be yet..
geezer
geezer
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Redenomination Good or Bad Per Saleh Empty Re: Redenomination Good or Bad Per Saleh

Post by CaptnJerry Sat Jan 21, 2012 7:40 am

roadkingrider, If you follow the new articles/press releases (not the opinion pieces) Iraq has always described a redenomination/lop. "Those who shall remain namless" are the only ones saying that it won't Redenominate/LOP. Iraq has stated that the income of the people would not change, but the currency would have more buying power. Iraq has stated with the razing of the 000's that 200,000 old dinar will equal 200 new dinar, 100,000 OD will equal 100 ND, 250 OD = .25 ND, 50 OD = .05 ND... According to the examples Iraq has given, the razing of the 000's will effect the currency and by default the exchange rate (.00085 - $1 becomes .85 - $1). If it continues to go the way Iraq has always said it will go, we are at best looking at a possible breaking even with a 1-1 exchange rate, depending on when you bought your dinar (what rate you paid for your dinar). The new dinar or lower demons, are supposed to be replacing the old denoms. The two will coexist in circulation for 2-4 years, but possessors will have up to 10 years to exchange before being retired and becoming worthless.

But wait before you get all upset, that is just the begining. It will initially be a 1-1 exchange to de-dollarize or pull the USD out of circulation and slowly appreciate up to be somewhere around the Kuwaiti dinar ($3.64 right now I think). Which that should pretty much triple the return on your investment, it just won't be the windfall millions that "Those who shall remain namless" are pumping. The only negative thing is that it won't happen overnight, it will be a few more years before it gets there. Remember that this is a long term investment and keep the faith... JMHO

I hope this helps clear a few things up...

CJ

Inspired by Splovengates "Be ready between sunday and monday night, or maybe tuesday or wednesday, could also be thursday but definitely by friday.... probably next week, monday or late tuesday night, wednesday morning to hear the rv and should be cashing in on the following tuesday the 1st part of january or february. Sooner more than later. But no later than the beginning of 2013. Certainly not before then. Until then, let's enjoy the ride!

Redenomination Good or Bad Per Saleh Animated-smileys-leisure-013 Come on RI/RV!
CaptnJerry
CaptnJerry
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by roadkingrider Sat Jan 21, 2012 7:50 am

Man if thats the case then there will be a ton of upset people who bought thinking they would be overnight millionaires. IMO.....this would be the biggest scam in the history of mankind. I sincerely hope that you are wrong but what you and the CBI are saying makes perfect sense. When I bought I had this uneasy feeling of if it sounds too good to be true it usually is and felt like something was going to take place that would not make this the thing we all thought it was, but I bought anyway and kept buying. Man who do you trust for the right outcome of this investment :?:

roadkingrider

Back to top Go down

Post by CaptnJerry Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:05 am

Like I said in another post... Don't believe "Those who shall remain namless" for intel, Read the news articles for real truthful intel and make your own decisions. You have to realize only about 5 people in the world know how this will go down, when it will go down, how much it will be and those people are only talking to the news outlets! The news has been at least 95% right... "Those who shall remain namless", not so much!

It's not a scam if you can get your money back and you can get your money back minus the spread fees.

CJ

Inspired by Splovengates "Be ready between sunday and monday night, or maybe tuesday or wednesday, could also be thursday but definitely by friday.... probably next week, monday or late tuesday night, wednesday morning to hear the rv and should be cashing in on the following tuesday the 1st part of january or february. Sooner more than later. But no later than the beginning of 2013. Certainly not before then. Until then, let's enjoy the ride!

Redenomination Good or Bad Per Saleh Animated-smileys-leisure-013 Come on RI/RV!
CaptnJerry
CaptnJerry
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by geezer Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:14 am

CaptnJerry wrote:roadkingrider, If you follow the new articles/press releases (not the opinion pieces) Iraq has always described a redenomination/lop. "Those who shall remain namless" are the only ones saying that it won't Redenominate/LOP. Iraq has stated that the income of the people would not change, but the currency would have more buying power. Iraq has stated with the razing of the 000's that 200,000 old dinar will equal 200 new dinar, 100,000 OD will equal 100 ND, 250 OD = .25 ND, 50 OD = .05 ND... According to the examples Iraq has given, the razing of the 000's will effect the currency and by default the exchange rate (.00085 - $1 becomes .85 - $1). If it continues to go the way Iraq has always said it will go, we are at best looking at a possible breaking even with a 1-1 exchange rate, depending on when you bought your dinar (what rate you paid for your dinar). The new dinar or lower demons, are supposed to be replacing the old denoms. The two will coexist in circulation for 2-4 years, but possessors will have up to 10 years to exchange before being retired and becoming worthless.

But wait before you get all upset, that is just the begining. It will initially be a 1-1 exchange to de-dollarize or pull the USD out of circulation and slowly appreciate up to be somewhere around the Kuwaiti dinar ($3.64 right now I think). Which that should pretty much triple the return on your investment, it just won't be the windfall millions that "Those who shall remain namless" are pumping. The only negative thing is that it won't happen overnight, it will be a few more years before it gets there. Remember that this is a long term investment and keep the faith... JMHO

I hope this helps clear a few things up...

CJ
BEG TO DIFFER WITH YOU PLEASE SHOW ME AN ARTICAL THAT SAYS THIS ..DIDNT KNOW IRAQ HAD A 200,000.00 NOTE... HOW WOULD IT BENEFIT IRAQ TO DEVALUE THERE CURRENCY? YOU REALLY SHOULD GO BACK OVER YOUR RESERCH AGAIN ... IRAQ IS TELLING THERE PEOPLE TO BRING IN A 25K NOTE FOR 20 USD..DOLLERIZING THE COUNTRY ...THEN WHEN THE OLD DINAR ARE PULLED OFF THE STREETS THEY WILL INTRODUCE THERE NEW L/D @ = VALUE TO THE USD 1 FOR 1 OR A 5 DOLLAR BILL FOR 5 DINAR BILL THERE FORE YOU HAVE A 1 TO 1 RATIO.. BUT AGAIN THAT IS IN THE COUNTRY WHO KNOWS WHAT THE EXTERNAL EXCHANGE RATE WILL BE .TO DO A LOP THE COUNTRY MUST BE EXPERINCEING HYPER INFLATION WITCH IRAQ IS NOT ..
geezer
geezer
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by CaptnJerry Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:33 am

They don't have a 200K note. As I stated, It was an example that has been given!

Here is one from a couple of days ago...

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=auto&tl=en&u=http://almadapaper.net/news.php%3Faction%3Dview%26id%3D57744

CJ

Last edited by CaptnJerry on Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:04 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Changed to translated version)

CaptnJerry
CaptnJerry
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by geezer Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:36 am

IT WOULD DO NO GOOD TO DEVALUE THERE CURRENCY.

Last edited by geezer on Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:40 am; edited 1 time in total
geezer
geezer
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by CaptnJerry Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:40 am

geezer wrote:
CaptnJerry wrote:They don't have a 200K note. As I stated, It was an example that has been given!

http://almadapaper.net/news.php?action=view&id=57744

CJ
PLEASE SHOW ME THE 200,000.00 NOTE http://www.cbi.iq/index.php?pid=Banknotes

They don't have a 200K note. As I stated before, It was an example that has been given in several articles! Below is one of the articles. Happy reading...

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=auto&tl=en&u=http://almadapaper.net/news.php%3Faction%3Dview%26id%3D57744

CaptnJerry
CaptnJerry
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by geezer Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:42 am

CaptnJerry wrote:
geezer wrote:
CaptnJerry wrote:They don't have a 200K note. As I stated, It was an example that has been given!

CJ
PLEASE SHOW ME THE 200,000.00 NOTE http://www.cbi.iq/index.php?pid=Banknotes

They don't have a 200K note. As I stated before, It was an example that has been given in several articles! Below is one of the articles. Happy reading...

I DELETED MY LAST STATEMENT IM SORRY BUT STILL YOU NEED TO SEE YOUR THOUGHTS WILL DO THE COUNTRY NOTHING BUT HARM
geezer
geezer
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ibcraig0 Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:44 am

http://thecurrencynewshound.com/2012/01/21/finance-committee-member-the-project-to-delete-three-zeros-from-the-iraqi-currency-accompanied-by-significant-inflation-in-the-country/#more-46541

It looks to me like they are still confused about WHAT they are going to do and have not made a decision yet, BUT what she is saying here is what you said above and she is describing a LOP which if this is what they do we all lose the dream.

She: The Central Bank of
Iraq is determined to implement the project to delete the three zeroes
from the Iraqi currency the pretext of restructuring, wondering: What is
the feasibility of restructuring the currency without increasing its
value, citing the need to lay the foundations and studies by the Central
Bank in order to increase the value of the Iraqi dinar against foreign
currencies.

She said Najib: The Finance
Committee, the parliamentary asked the central bank to provide full
studies on the draft Delete the zeros of the three to stand on the
negative aspects and positive for this project
, as well as he
needs new legislation and submitted to the House of Representatives for a
vote, as a project of interest to all the Iraqi people.

The member of the Finance Committee representative that the project
needs to have plenty of time to implement it, and must develop a
mechanism A new and accurate by the central bank to ease the currency
exchange of the Iraqi people.

The Central Bank of Iraq, had announced earlier that the project to
delete the three zeroes from the Iraqi currency exists in spite of the
criticisms directed against him by the officials and the two economies,
and will be implemented after two years from now, noting that it will
issue three large groups, namely: (200) dinars, equivalent to (200)
thousand dinars currently, and the category (100) dinars, equivalent to
(100) thousand dinars, while the third category (50) dinars, equivalent
to (50) thousand dinars of the existing currency, as well as the
issuance of small metal categories.
ibcraig0
ibcraig0
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ibcraig0 Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:47 am

Then there is this one that makes me feel kind of like we are all going to be losers on this ride too. I don't like the way this is all sounding, I hope it is misdirection before they do what we all hope they are going to do...

http://thecurrencynewshound.com/2012/01/21/foreign-companies-put-the-iraqi-dinar-in-the-center-of-its-concerns-to-the-height-expectations-of-a-hundred-times/#more-46532

Dominated the Iraqi dinar in the recent interest in companies sell
foreign currencies, especially on the Internet, when you browse these
sites often read phrases such as “buy dinars, the government will raise
the current value of the currency will become of the rich.”

This comes at a time when the Iraqi Central Bank to raise the price of the Iraqi dinar against the dollar by 3.4%.

And move the location of Georgia Pablk Brodcastnk U.S. mail for an
expert on financial planning Brian Hancock said he does not have
anything in the world of the content of foreign exchange exhibition of
the variables at all times.

Hancock said, “It seems that there are many who are selling the Iraqi
dinar in the United States as recently Masamath they are to persuade
people that its value will rise to a hundred times.”

He explained, “base their arguments to persuade people to what
happened with the Kuwaiti currency after the first Gulf War,” adding
that “he received a request for advice from three people recently, one
of them was convinced that he could earn more than a million dollars if
he bought Iraqi currency at the moment.”

The exchange rate of the Kuwaiti dinar is the highest year fixed
Aitagar and economic effects, the fact that the Kuwaiti currency
reserves is very high.

It was three Aimitlkon any information or expertise on currency
exchange and foreign currency market as the Hancock “There are many
victims and to the problem they Aadrickon results Maigdmon him.”

It is noteworthy that the U.S. market Athvl a lot of opportunities
for investment securities if no licenses, but the U.S. Treasury
Department described the work of financial services companies and
marketing currency as if it was a foregone conclusion.
ibcraig0
ibcraig0
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by CaptnJerry Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:53 am

geezer wrote: I DELETED MY LAST STATEMENT IM SORRY BUT STILL YOU NEED TO SEE YOUR THOUGHTS WILL DO THE COUNTRY NOTHING BUT HARM

When will people learn that the Redenomination of the Iraqi dinar will not devalue the currency! It only changes the ammount of currency in circulation... Common sense! A 25K old dinar note with an exchange rate of .00085 WILL HAVE THE EXACT SAME VALUE as a 25 new dinar note with an exchange rate of .85! The razing of the 000's... It's in the articles, just read them.

CJ

Last edited by CaptnJerry on Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:03 am; edited 1 time in total

CaptnJerry
CaptnJerry
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Wes101 Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:02 am

[quote="CaptnJerry"]They don't have a 200K note. As I stated, It was an example that has been given!

CJ[/
8quote]

I copied this article and pasted it to google translate. I made no sense of it not to mention there are no denominations mentioned in value form. Maybe im too ignorant. After trying to understand it I understand any they are so confused and mad at the world over there. They really need a new form of writing.

Wes101

Back to top Go down

Post by CaptnJerry Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:11 am

Wes101

And the central bank of Iraq's intention to launch a large three categories after deleting three zeros from the Iraqi dinar, pointing out that the process of replacing the currency will take two years.
وقال نائب محافظ البنك المركزي مظهر محمد صالح لـ"السومرية نيوز" : إن البنك سيطرح ثلاث فئات كبيرة إضافة إلى الفئات المعدنية، بعد أن يقوم بحذف ثلاثة أصفار من الدينار العراقي مبيناً أن عملية التبديل من شأنها إصلاح نظام إدارة العملة وتسهيل استخدامها . The deputy governor of the Central Bank of the appearance of Mohammed Saleh "Alsumaria News": The Bank will present three categories in addition to large groups of mineral, after the deletion of three zeros from the Iraqi dinar, indicating that the switch would reform the system of currency management and ease of use.
وأضاف صالح أن الفئات الثلاث تشمل 200 دينار التي تساوي 200 ألف دينار في الوقت الحاضر وفئة 100 دينار التي تساوي 100 ألف دينار وفئة 50 ديناراً التي تساوي 50 ألف دينار، إضافة إلى العملة المعدنية من فئة الدينار والدينارين فضلاً عن النصف والربع دينار و100 فلس والدرهم". Saleh added that the three categories consist of 200 dinars, which is equal to 200 thousand dinars at the present time and a 100 dinars, which is equal to 100 thousand dinars, and the category of 50 dinars, which is equal to 50 thousand dinars, in addition to the coin of the category of the dinar and Dinarin as well as half and quarter dinars and 100 fils and dirham " . ولفت صالح إلى أن "حذف ثلاثة أصفار من الدينار العراقي من شأنه اختصار عدد الأوراق النقدية من أربعة مليارات ورقة والتي تساوي 30 ترليون دينار موجودة في الأسواق العراقية إلى مليار و800 مليون ورقة فقط"، مؤكداً أن "تبديل العملة سوف لا يؤثر على دخل الفرد أو على ثرواته أو التزاماته التعاقدية". Saleh indicated that "the deletion of three zeros from the Iraqi dinar would shorten the number of banknotes of four billion and paper, which is equal to 30 trillion dinars exist in the Iraqi market to one billion and 800 million paper only," asserting that "the currency exchange will not affect the per capita income or over its wealth or its contractual obligations. "
وأشار صالح الى أن "مجلس إدارة البنك قد صادق على قرار حذف الأصفار بعد أن تم الانتهاء من تصاميم العملة التي تحمل الإرث العراقي وتاريخه وحضاراته، فضلاً عن مناقشته من قبل اللجنة المالية والاقتصادية في مجلس الوزراء"، مبينا أن "البنك بانتظار موافقة المجلس للبدء باستبدال العملة الجديدة والتي يجب أن تكون مع سنة مالية جديدة والتي اقترحها البنك مع بداية العام 2013". Saleh pointed out that "the Board of Directors has approved the decision to delete the zeros after the completion of designs currency bearing the legacy of Iraq and its history and civilizations, as well as for discussion by the Financial and Economic Committee of the Council of Ministers," noting that "the Bank pending the Board's approval to begin the replacement of the new currency and which must be with the new financial year and proposed by the Bank with the beginning of the year 2013. "
وأكد صالح أن "عملية استبدال العملة ستستغرق عامين كاملين لمنع حدوث أي خلل في عملية التسليم والاستلام"، موضحاً أن "المصارف ستستمر باستلام العملة القديمة لمدة عشر سنوات كحقوق وليس للتداول". Salih stressed that "the process of replacing the currency will take two years to prevent any disruption in the process of delivery and receipt," explaining that "the banks will continue to receive the old currency for ten years as rights and not negotiable."

CJ

CaptnJerry
CaptnJerry
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by geezer Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:28 am

CaptnJerry wrote:
geezer wrote: I DELETED MY LAST STATEMENT IM SORRY BUT STILL YOU NEED TO SEE YOUR THOUGHTS WILL DO THE COUNTRY NOTHING BUT HARM

When will people learn that the Redenomination of the Iraqi dinar will not devalue the currency! It only changes the ammount of currency in circulation... Common sense! A 25K old dinar note with an exchange rate of .00085 WILL HAVE THE EXACT SAME VALUE as a 25 new dinar note with an exchange rate of .85! The razing of the 000's... It's in the articles, just read them.

CJ
MY BLOOD PRESSURE IS TO HIGH TODAY TO ARGUE WITH A LOPPSTER .. WHO HAS EVER HEARD OF A COUNTRY HAVEING 2 EXCHANGE RATES AT THE SAME TIME ....
geezer
geezer
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Wes101 Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:39 am

Thanks CaptnJerry. How did you get it to translate that way? I would like to read their news articles however I have a hard time with the translate obviously. Lol

Wes101

Back to top Go down

Post by CaptnJerry Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:07 am

In times of inflation, the same number of monetary units have continually decreasing purchasing power. In other words, prices of products and services must be expressed in higher numbers. If these numbers become excessively large, they can impede daily transactions because of the risk and inconvenience of carrying stacks of bills, or the strain on systems, e.g. automatic teller machines (ATMs), or because human psychology does not handle large numbers well. The authorities may alleviate this problem by redenomination: a new unit replaces the old unit with a fixed number of old units being converted to 1 new unit. If inflation is the reason for redenomination, this ratio is much larger than 1, usually a positive integral power of 10 like 100, 1000 or 1 million, and the procedure can be referred to as "cutting zeroes".

Here you geezer,

1. Brazil,

On February 3, 2010, the Central Bank of Brazil announced a new series of the real banknotes which would begin to be released in April 2010. The new design will add security enhancements which aim to reduce counterfeiting. The notes will have different sizes according to their values to help vision-impaired people. The changes were made reflecting the growth of the Brazilian economy and the need for a stronger and safer currency. The new banknotes have begun to enter circulation in December 2010, coexisting with the older ones.

2. Romania,

If we read the history of the process of the removal of the zeros in Romania we can see where they did the same thing, where there was not a time limit to exchange the old for the new leu. Please see the below link for an article from July 1, 2005 when they implemented the Romania process to remove 4 zeros from their currency. This was a 10,000:1 redenomination, as opposed to the 1000:1 that the CBI has been stating they want to do.

http://www.rferl.org/content/article/1059616.html

Please note in there the same verbage we read today similar to the process of deleting 3 zeros from the Dinar.

Now, here is the key thing to note though, please see the link below, and on page 1 they talk about how the prices would work for the 2 different notes that will be in circulation and could be used from July 2005 through June 2006. here is the verbage and the link:
"Implementation of the new currency shall be made according to the following schedule:
- July 1, 2005: introduction of the new leu (RON). All account balances, credit and debit, shall be converted to RON and all banking transfers, accounting documents and supporting payment instruments, starting on this date, shall be performed and drawn up only in RON;
- July 1, 2005 – June 30, 2006: double posting of prices, both in old and new leu, including forex exchange rates. The exchange rates shall be expressed with four decimals, without any rounding;
December 31, 2006: Until this date both the old and new leu shall be accepted for cash payments. There is no time limit for exchanging ROL notes and coins for RON notes and coins at the National Bank of Romania branches performing cash operations and at the credit institutions authorised to perform such operations by order of the National Bank of Romania Governor (para 4, article 2 of Law no. 348/2004 as amended).

https://www.isdadocs.org/speeches/memopdf/Redenomination-Memo-061405.pdf

So I hope this helps explain the meaning behind what it means when they say the notes will co-exist.

CJ

Last edited by CaptnJerry on Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:26 am; edited 1 time in total

CaptnJerry
CaptnJerry
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by CaptnJerry Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:10 am

One more thing I thought I would add is this. in the explanation above it stated:
"- July 1, 2005 – June 30, 2006: double posting of prices,"

I thought that I would provide an example of a price tag that showed the 2 different prices to reflect the rates for both the old and new notes:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Romania_revalue_tag.jpg

Redenomination Good or Bad Per Saleh Romania_revalue_tag

CJ

CaptnJerry
CaptnJerry
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by CaptnJerry Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:23 am

Here's the latest from Iraq...

Parliamentary Finance: Delete the zeros from the currency needs to be two and three stages
بغداد-وارع - قال عضو اللجنة المالية النائب هيثم الجبوري ان عملية حذف الاصفار من العملة يحتاج الى سنتين وبثلاث مراحل. Baghdad - and babysit - A member of the Finance Committee MP Haitham Jubouri that the process of removing zeros from the currency needs to be two and three stages.

وأوضح في تصريح صحفي :" ان مراحل حذف الاصفار من العملة ، تُقسم الى ثلاث مراحل ، تستغرق المرحلة الاولى ستة اشهر لتوفير الاجهزة الطباعية ، فيما تكون المرحلة الثانية لادخال العملتين في ان واحد ، و ستكون الستة اشهر الاخيرة لسحب العملة القديمة وبقاء العملة الجديدة". He explained in a press statement: "The stages of the deletion of zeros from the currency, divided into three phases, first phase, lasting six months to provide services printing, while the second phase of the introduction of two currencies at the same time, and will last six months to pull the old currency and the survival of the new currency."

وأضاف :" ان دور اللجنة المالية في مجلس النواب رئيسي وهي المضطلع الوحيد والتفصيلي حول الية حذف الاصفار ، مبيناً ان اللجنة اجتمعت بمحافظ البنك المركزي وتم دراسة موضوع حذف الاصفار بجانبيه السلبي والايجابي". He added: "The role of the Finance Committee in the House of Representatives is mainly carried out only on the detailed mechanism and delete the zeros, indicating that the Committee met with the Governor of the Central Bank has been the study of deletion of zeros Bjanabih negative and positive."

واشار الى :" ان الشرح المفصل من قبل البنك المركزي ، بدد التخوف من التضخم والغسيل المالي والتزوير ، مؤكداً " وجود اجهزة ولجان قادرة على السيطرة على هذه المشاكل ان حدثت". He said: "The detailed explanation by the Central Bank, dispelled the fear of inflation, washing and financial fraud, asserting that" the existence of agencies and committees are able to control these problems that occurred. "

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=auto&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Falrayy.com%2F40817.htm

CJ

Last edited by CaptnJerry on Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:24 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added the link)

CaptnJerry
CaptnJerry
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ibcraig0 Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:11 am

In other words, if we now hold 1 million dinar, after they remove the zeros our dinars are worth 1000 dinars so if they revalue at .85 after removing the zeros we have dinars worth 850 dollars, a loss of almost 400 dollars on our investment. Right?
ibcraig0
ibcraig0
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by CaptnJerry Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:15 am

ibcraig0 wrote:In other words, if we now hold 1 million dinar, after they remove the zeros our dinars are worth 1000 dinars so if they revalue at .85 after removing the zeros we have dinars worth 850 dollars, a loss of almost 400 dollars on our investment. Right?

If it happens the way they have been saying. But wait before you get all upset, that is just the begining. It will initially be a 1-1 exchange and slowly appreciate up to be somewhere around the Kuwaiti dinar ($3.64 right now I think). Which that should pretty much triple the return on your investment, it just won't be the windfall millions that "Those who shall remain namless" are pumping. The only negative thing is that it won't happen overnight, it will be a few more years before it gets there. Remember that this is a long term investment and keep the faith... JMHO

CJ

CaptnJerry
CaptnJerry
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevind53 Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:24 am

One thing everyone is failing to look at is the simple fact that the Dinar is way undervalued. It has nowhere to go but up. I looked at some comparable currencies and economies a little while back, and Iraq has the lowest per capita income in the region. Even Jordan which is landlocked, and has almost no oil, was 50% higher. Iran, (likely the most comparable given conditions, geography and resources,) is about 2.5X higher. Some, like Saudi Arabia and Kuwait are far higher, (Kuwait is over 10X higher). If the reports of new oil and mineral deposits are accurate, then Iraq could possibly become the richest country in the area. I doubt their per capita income would ever approach that of Qatar, but even if it reaches that of Saudi Arabia, the ROI would be huge.

Will the zero's be dropped before RV? I don't know. Historically dropping the zeros has had a mixed record at best, if the underlying issues have not been corrected, it can do more harm than good. Trading partners also tend to not like it a whole lot, but if also has worked out OK. If it does, we might not see a huge ROI, but we should see one. Even if the Dinar just rises to the level of the Kuwaiti, we would see a 300+% ROI, pretty good in anyone's book.

Keep in mind, that nothing here is locked in stone, but I see three possibilities, worse case, essentially nothing happens and we break even, (more or less). Next, there is a re-denomination and the Dinar is allowed to float to true market value, we make 250-300%. Best case, the RV happens and we dance in the streets. (Even if it only RV's at 1-1 we make a ton).

Trust but Verify --- R Reagan Suspect

"Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you."1 Thessalonians 5:14–18

Redenomination Good or Bad Per Saleh 2805820865  Redenomination Good or Bad Per Saleh 2805820865  Redenomination Good or Bad Per Saleh 2805820865  Redenomination Good or Bad Per Saleh 2805820865
Kevind53
Kevind53
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevind53 Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:33 am

Oh, here is the post from the other day ... not too long for me LOL!

http://dinardaily.forumotion.com/t16677-the-avrg-iraqie#108396

"Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you."1 Thessalonians 5:14–18

Redenomination Good or Bad Per Saleh 2805820865  Redenomination Good or Bad Per Saleh 2805820865  Redenomination Good or Bad Per Saleh 2805820865  Redenomination Good or Bad Per Saleh 2805820865
Kevind53
Kevind53
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by CaptnJerry Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:40 pm

Kevin, I've been saying that the dinar will go up! The one thing I need to point out is that the per capita income in Iraq will rise as soon as they pass the HCL/Erbil (Oil and Gas Revenue Sharing)... And the little fact that Iraq only has 24.925 Trillion more dinar in circulation than Kuwait! That's why Iraq's currency is valued as low as it is...

CJ

CaptnJerry
CaptnJerry
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevind53 Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:52 pm

Agreed ... just passing along some more analysis ... quick and dirty, but I think valid and backing up what you were saying. I think the two have to happen together or RV shortly followed by dropping the zeros ... when they drop the zeros, they need to sweeten the pot for their trade partners. But I have been wrong before ... once, or maybe twice ... Razz

Kevind53
Kevind53
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by SEBtopdog Sat Jan 21, 2012 2:15 pm

Kevind53 wrote:Agreed ... just passing along some more analysis ... quick and dirty, but I think valid and backing up what you were saying. I think the two have to happen together or RV shortly followed by dropping the zeros ... when they drop the zeros, they need to sweeten the pot for their trade partners. But I have been wrong before ... once, or maybe twice ... Razz

WARNING! Eating Widgets can cause lapse in judgment. :geek:

Redenomination Good or Bad Per Saleh Emoticon-animal-028

Keep smiling ... It'll make 'em wonder what you're up to!

Redenomination Good or Bad Per Saleh Bump~0 Will someone please let the RV Widget out of the jar?
SEBtopdog
SEBtopdog
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by silkysand Sat Jan 21, 2012 2:18 pm

SEBtopdog wrote:

WARNING! Eating Widgets can cause lapse in judgment. :geek:

lmao lmao lmao
silkysand
silkysand
VIP NewsHound
VIP NewsHound

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevind53 Sat Jan 21, 2012 4:32 pm

Didn't anyone tell you about substance W? It's an enzyme found only in widgets that stimulates the neurons in the mind to regenerate and repair themselves. It serves to keep the mind young and vigorous. Dr. Wilhelm Widgeton at the Wigetonia Institute isolated it a couple of years ago, but so far has only been able to obtain it by refining widgets. By the way it can only be found in open range widgets, for some reason when penned in widgets lose the ability to produce substance W.

Kevind53
Kevind53
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by CaptnJerry Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:14 am

geezer how come you never acknowledged that 2 different exchange rates exist during a redenomination. Not being snotty, just making sure that you understand that how the process works...

CJ

CaptnJerry
CaptnJerry
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by zonepirate Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:53 pm

CaptnJerry... you did a much better job explaining (and backing up) what I also think is about to happen. Re-denominate, old and new coexist then they slowly come up in value. A 300 or 400 % ROI in a couple years is still better than you will get anywhere but many people will be crushed since the instant millionaire dream is still going strong. I bought it for awhile until I did more research for myself. I hope you and I are both wrong but I don't think we are. Keep up the good work

zonepirate
Forum Fanatic
Forum Fanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by dinarstar Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:03 pm

Kevind53 wrote:Didn't anyone tell you about substance W? It's an enzyme found only in widgets that stimulates the neurons in the mind to regenerate and repair themselves. It serves to keep the mind young and vigorous. Dr. Wilhelm Widgeton at the Wigetonia Institute isolated it a couple of years ago, but so far has only been able to obtain it by refining widgets. By the way it can only be found in open range widgets, for some reason when penned in widgets lose the ability to produce substance W.

Kevin,do you think swidget cell research will help? Wink

dinarstar
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:13 pm

We will see an RV first at, at least .86 and then a redonomination buying the USD out of iraq. But we must have an RV first before the Iraqi people will give up on the USD. The IQD must be the same value or above the USD. AJ

roadkingrider wrote:Hey guys newbie here. The article that came out the other day where Saleh stated there would be a redenomination of their currency is good or bad for our investment? I have seen a few opinions on other sites and everyone seems very confused as am I. What is the bottom line? Are we looking to make a 1 to 1 gain after a rv or are we looking to break even or even lose money after a redenomination? Your opinions please and hopefully no bashing. Thanks in advance.

Back to top Go down

Post by CaptnJerry Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:18 pm

Thank you zonepirate. I hope we're wrong also, but it's hard to ignore the fact that the articles have always stated the same thing for the last 5-6 years when talking about the currency reform...

CJ

CaptnJerry
CaptnJerry
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by CaptnJerry Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:22 pm

AJ, why would Iraq RV 25 Trillion dinar at 1-1 when they can cut the money supply down to 25 Billion by razing the 000's as they state they will do and then RV at 1-1 saving themselves 24.75 Trillion dollars? It makes no economic sense to RV first...

CJ

CaptnJerry
CaptnJerry
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by therealbutterfly Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:14 pm

AJAnderson wrote:We will see an RV first at, at least .86 and then a redonomination buying the USD out of iraq. But we must have an RV first before the Iraqi people will give up on the USD. The IQD must be the same value or above the USD. AJ

roadkingrider wrote:Hey guys newbie here. The article that came out the other day where Saleh stated there would be a redenomination of their currency is good or bad for our investment? I have seen a few opinions on other sites and everyone seems very confused as am I. What is the bottom line? Are we looking to make a 1 to 1 gain after a rv or are we looking to break even or even lose money after a redenomination? Your opinions please and hopefully no bashing. Thanks in advance.

Aj, you should restate your comment that its your OPINION vs the way you state it as fact. To state things like 'we will see an RV first" is not the best way to go about it. Unless you are willing to guarantee this to everyone and compensate them if it doesnt happen that way, you should not state it as factual. The ONLY fact in this is how the CBI has said they will do this process. And an RV before hand isnt anywhere stated.

I mean no disrespect, just tryin to look out for because I have a feeling people will come lookin for anyone who claimed things as facts vs opinions.
therealbutterfly
therealbutterfly
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by crawdaddy2x22 Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:31 pm

AJ, you answered some questions I had awhile back when I 1ST came to this site, thanks again. I want to believe your take on things,but what I cant get past is that cbi is still selling millions of dinar. Ive heard others say that they are trying to collect as many dinar off the street before a rv, but why would they still be selling them to other countries?
crawdaddy2x22
crawdaddy2x22
Forum Fanatic
Forum Fanatic

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum