Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» The Rockefellers and the controllers are freaking out right about now
Italy Sells 7 Billion Euros of Bonds as Yields Fall  I_icon_minitimeToday at 11:16 am by kenlej

» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
Italy Sells 7 Billion Euros of Bonds as Yields Fall  I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
Italy Sells 7 Billion Euros of Bonds as Yields Fall  I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
Italy Sells 7 Billion Euros of Bonds as Yields Fall  I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
Italy Sells 7 Billion Euros of Bonds as Yields Fall  I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
Italy Sells 7 Billion Euros of Bonds as Yields Fall  I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
Italy Sells 7 Billion Euros of Bonds as Yields Fall  I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
Italy Sells 7 Billion Euros of Bonds as Yields Fall  I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
Italy Sells 7 Billion Euros of Bonds as Yields Fall  I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
Italy Sells 7 Billion Euros of Bonds as Yields Fall  I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
Italy Sells 7 Billion Euros of Bonds as Yields Fall  I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
Italy Sells 7 Billion Euros of Bonds as Yields Fall  I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
Italy Sells 7 Billion Euros of Bonds as Yields Fall  I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
Italy Sells 7 Billion Euros of Bonds as Yields Fall  I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
Italy Sells 7 Billion Euros of Bonds as Yields Fall  I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
Italy Sells 7 Billion Euros of Bonds as Yields Fall  I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
Italy Sells 7 Billion Euros of Bonds as Yields Fall  I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
Italy Sells 7 Billion Euros of Bonds as Yields Fall  I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
Italy Sells 7 Billion Euros of Bonds as Yields Fall  I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
Italy Sells 7 Billion Euros of Bonds as Yields Fall  I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

Italy Sells 7 Billion Euros of Bonds as Yields Fall

2 posters

Go down

Italy Sells 7 Billion Euros of Bonds as Yields Fall  Empty Italy Sells 7 Billion Euros of Bonds as Yields Fall

Post by lexie Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:27 pm

Dec 29, 2011 9:18 AM CT .

Italy Sells 7 Billion Euros of Bonds as Yields Fall

Italy auctioned 7 billion euros ($9 billion) of debt to bring the total raised this week to almost 20 billion euros, underscoring how the European Central Bank is helping the world’s fourth-biggest borrower tap markets.

Today’s sale by the Treasury in Rome fell short of the 8.5 billion-euro target even as borrowing costs declined from last month. Italy sold 9 billion euros in bills yesterday at about half the rate of the previous sale last month in its first auction since the ECB loaned 489 billion euros to banks to ease credit amid the region’s debt crisis.

“Italy was not able to raise the maximum amount they wanted to, but the fact that they managed to sell this much at the end of the year should be taken as a positive sign,” said Eric Wand, a fixed-income strategist at Lloyds TSB Bank Plc in London. “The level of excess liquidity from the ECB will remain elevated for a while and some of that may get recycled into sovereign debt. That should support short-dated peripheral bonds.”

With an economy sinking into its fourth recession since 2001, Prime Minister Mario Monti’s government expects to raise almost half a trillion euros from bond and bill sales next year. It has to repay about 53 billion euros in bonds in the first quarter from the region’s total maturing bonds of 157 billion euros, according to Swiss lender UBS AG.

Monti’s Defense
At a year-end press conference in Rome today, Monti said Italy’s borrowing costs -- more than triple Germany’s for 10 years -- were unjustified. He said he was preparing measures aimed at cushioning the economic slump, including deregulating labor markets and lowering fuel prices.

“I’m an economist and realize that the measures we’ve adopted have many negative points,” said Monti, calling for a “European” solution to the debt crisis. “We aren’t the ones who set goals like balancing the budget in 2013; it’s a goal that was accepted by the previous government” and agreed upon “with European institutions.”

Monti, a former European Union commissioner, pushed through a 30 billion-euro package of austerity and growth measures last week after taking over in November from former Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi, who lost his majority in Parliament as Italy’s borrowing costs soared to record highs amid the worsening debt crisis.

Euro Declines
The euro fell to its lowest against the dollar since September 2010 and 10-year Italian notes slid after today’s sale, keeping their yield above 7 percent, the level that led Greece, Ireland and Portugal to seek bailouts. Short-term securities rose.

The Frankfurt-based central bank bought Italian bonds today, according to two people with knowledge of the transactions who declined to be identified because the trades are confidential. An ECB spokesman declined to comment when contacted by phone.

Italian 10-year bonds (.IT10) stayed lower after the auction. The 10-year yield was 7.01 percent at 3:41 p.m. Rome time, pushing the difference with German bunds to 514 basis points. The five- year yield was down seven basis points at 6.16 percent, as investors pointed to the ECB as buoying the shorter-term debt.

Yields Ease
The Treasury sold today 2.5 billion euros of securities due in 2014, less than the 3 billion euro maximum for the sale, to yield 5.62 percent. That was down from 7.89 percent at the previous sale on Nov. 29. The Treasury priced 2.5 billion euros of its 5 percent 2022 bond to yield 6.98 percent, compared with 7.56 percent on Nov. 29. Italy also sold about 2 billion euros of bonds due 2021 and a floating-rate security due 2018.

“Italy’s 2011 auction program has ended on a slightly optimistic note,” Nicholas Spiro, managing director of Spiro Sovereign Strategy in London, said in a phone interview from London. Still, “buying 10-year Italian bonds is a leap of faith which investors are prepared to take only at very high interest rates.”

Italy yesterday auctioned 9 billion euros in treasury bills for 3.251 percent. That was about half the rate from the previous auction on Nov. 25.

Italian lenders borrowed 116 billion euros as part of the ECB’s offer of unlimited three-year funds on Dec. 21, according to a person with knowledge of the loans.

“Relative to where we were a month ago, before the three- year operations were announced, the funding outlook looks easier,” said Peter Chatwell, a fixed-income strategist at Credit Agricole Corporate & Investment Bank in London. “Italy can afford to fund at high yields like 7 percent for much longer than the market tends to fear.”

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-12-29/italy-to-tap-markets-with-11-billion-sale-of-bonds-as-monti-eyes-growth.html

"WHEN THE POWER OF LOVE OVERCOMES THE LOVE OF POWER, THE WORLD WILL KNOW PEACE"
lexie
lexie
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Italy Sells 7 Billion Euros of Bonds as Yields Fall  Empty Re: Italy Sells 7 Billion Euros of Bonds as Yields Fall

Post by Azure Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:58 pm

Selling Debt to pay debt is that what Im reading?
what a mixed up world we live in.
Azure
Azure
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum