Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Textbook Tony
Exclusive: China CIC sovereign fund to get $50 billion boost   I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2024 4:13 pm by Mission1st

» The Rockefellers and the controllers are freaking out right about now
Exclusive: China CIC sovereign fund to get $50 billion boost   I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2024 11:16 am by kenlej

» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
Exclusive: China CIC sovereign fund to get $50 billion boost   I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
Exclusive: China CIC sovereign fund to get $50 billion boost   I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
Exclusive: China CIC sovereign fund to get $50 billion boost   I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
Exclusive: China CIC sovereign fund to get $50 billion boost   I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
Exclusive: China CIC sovereign fund to get $50 billion boost   I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
Exclusive: China CIC sovereign fund to get $50 billion boost   I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
Exclusive: China CIC sovereign fund to get $50 billion boost   I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
Exclusive: China CIC sovereign fund to get $50 billion boost   I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
Exclusive: China CIC sovereign fund to get $50 billion boost   I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
Exclusive: China CIC sovereign fund to get $50 billion boost   I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
Exclusive: China CIC sovereign fund to get $50 billion boost   I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
Exclusive: China CIC sovereign fund to get $50 billion boost   I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
Exclusive: China CIC sovereign fund to get $50 billion boost   I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
Exclusive: China CIC sovereign fund to get $50 billion boost   I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
Exclusive: China CIC sovereign fund to get $50 billion boost   I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
Exclusive: China CIC sovereign fund to get $50 billion boost   I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
Exclusive: China CIC sovereign fund to get $50 billion boost   I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
Exclusive: China CIC sovereign fund to get $50 billion boost   I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

Exclusive: China CIC sovereign fund to get $50 billion boost

Go down

Exclusive: China CIC sovereign fund to get $50 billion boost   Empty Exclusive: China CIC sovereign fund to get $50 billion boost

Post by lexie Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:46 pm

Dec 22, 2011 23:30 EST

Exclusive: China CIC sovereign fund to get $50 billion boost

BEIJING (Reuters) - China's $410 billion sovereign wealth fund China Investment Corp. is set to receive additional funding of up to $50 billion, two sources with knowledge of the matter told Reuters on Friday.

The new funding comes along with an agreement between relevant Chinese government agencies to give CIC new money to manage every year, the sources said.

The agreement would lay out a long-term framework under which CIC would be allocated money to manage from China's foreign exchange reserves, and would also chart the future of its domestic investment arm Central Huijin Investment, sources said.

"The final plan for capital injection will be unveiled shortly and it could be $50 billion," a source close to the matter said.

CIC declined to comment.

The cash injection follows in the wake of plans -- reported by Reuters earlier this month -- to create a new $300 billion vehicle that would be affiliated with China's State Administration of Foreign Exchange (SAFE), the part of the central bank in charge of the daily management of China's $3.2 trillion in foreign exchange reserves.

The additional funding would give succor to CIC, which operates independently of the central bank, which said in March that it had fully invested all its cash and would like the government to allocate it more money.

Chinese media have reported since late 2009 that CIC was seeking $100-$200 billion in new funding, but there have been no subsequent reports of progress.

CIC was set up in 2007 with the aim of earning higher returns for a slice of China's $3.2 trillion foreign exchange reserves, the largest in the world.

Source: Reuters US Online Report Business News

http://www.newsmeat.com/news/meat.php?articleId=124188756&channelId=2951&buyerId=newsmeatcom&buid=3281

"WHEN THE POWER OF LOVE OVERCOMES THE LOVE OF POWER, THE WORLD WILL KNOW PEACE"
lexie
lexie
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum