Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Carnival Rides
Vietnam - Gold seesaws ahead of ECB, EU summit I_icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2024 5:03 pm by kenlej

» Go Russia
Vietnam - Gold seesaws ahead of ECB, EU summit I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2024 11:37 am by kenlej

» Go Russia
Vietnam - Gold seesaws ahead of ECB, EU summit I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2024 10:51 am by kenlej

» Textbook Tony
Vietnam - Gold seesaws ahead of ECB, EU summit I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2024 4:13 pm by Mission1st

» The Rockefellers and the controllers are freaking out right about now
Vietnam - Gold seesaws ahead of ECB, EU summit I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2024 11:16 am by kenlej

» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
Vietnam - Gold seesaws ahead of ECB, EU summit I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
Vietnam - Gold seesaws ahead of ECB, EU summit I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
Vietnam - Gold seesaws ahead of ECB, EU summit I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
Vietnam - Gold seesaws ahead of ECB, EU summit I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
Vietnam - Gold seesaws ahead of ECB, EU summit I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
Vietnam - Gold seesaws ahead of ECB, EU summit I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
Vietnam - Gold seesaws ahead of ECB, EU summit I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
Vietnam - Gold seesaws ahead of ECB, EU summit I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
Vietnam - Gold seesaws ahead of ECB, EU summit I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
Vietnam - Gold seesaws ahead of ECB, EU summit I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
Vietnam - Gold seesaws ahead of ECB, EU summit I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
Vietnam - Gold seesaws ahead of ECB, EU summit I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
Vietnam - Gold seesaws ahead of ECB, EU summit I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
Vietnam - Gold seesaws ahead of ECB, EU summit I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
Vietnam - Gold seesaws ahead of ECB, EU summit I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

Vietnam - Gold seesaws ahead of ECB, EU summit

Go down

Vietnam - Gold seesaws ahead of ECB, EU summit Empty Vietnam - Gold seesaws ahead of ECB, EU summit

Post by lexie Thu Dec 08, 2011 3:22 pm

December 8, 2011

Gold seesaws ahead of ECB, EU summit

The price of gold in Vietnam rose by VND100,000 a tael (1.2 ounces) on December 8 while global price fluctuated ahead of a critical summit meeting of European finance ministers on Friday to find a way to end the region’s sovereign-debt crisis.

Sacombank Jewelry Company bought gold at VND44.89 million and sold at VND45.09 million as of 9:15am Vietnamese time.

Saigon Jewelry Company, the biggest gold processing and trading company in Vietnam, collected gold at VND44.89 million and sold at VND45.09 million around 8:55am Vietnamese time.

Hanoi-based Phu Quy Jewelry Company purchased SJC-brand gold at VND44.93 million and sold at VND45.13 million at 9:26am Vietnamese time.

Bao Tin Minh Chau Jewelry Company quoted the price at VND44.05 million for buying, and VND44.25 million for selling at 12:23pm Vietnamese time.

The prices of non-SJC gold bar were just a little higher than material gold, and lower than SJC-brand gold by nearly VND1 million. Meanwhile, the quality of gold bar is considered the same. According to some gold traders, the cost to transform non-SJC gold bar into SJC-brand gold bar is just around VND30,000 per tael.

Domestically, SJC-brand gold fetched VND800,000 a tael, higher than global price.

On black market, one dollar was bought at VND21,130, and sold at VND21,160, an increase of VND30 per dollar in buying price, and VND10 per dollar in selling price over the previous day.

Internationally, gold rose sharply on optimism that European policymakers would find a way to end the region's two-year-old debt crisis at a crucial European Union summit this week. Investors were also eyeing a European Central Bank policy meeting later in the day for any hint that the ECB will intensify its bond buying support for the bloc. The ECB is expected to cut interest rates and provide a fresh aid package for stressed banks in the region.

Gold for immediate delivery climbed as much as $13.7 an ounce, or 0.8 percent, to close at $1,744.1 an ounce on the Comex in New York.

In Asia, spot gold trimmed $5.7an ounce to trade at $1,738.5 an ounce at 9:45am Vietnamese time.

Standard & Poor's warned on Wednesday that it could cut credit ratings of the European Union and large euro-zone banks if a mass downgrade of euro-zone countries materializes.

The euro exchange rate against the US dollar was below $1.34 a euro in Tokyo this morning

http://www.vietfinancenews.com/2011/12/gold-seesaws-ahead-of-ecb-eu-summit.html#more

"WHEN THE POWER OF LOVE OVERCOMES THE LOVE OF POWER, THE WORLD WILL KNOW PEACE"
lexie
lexie
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum