Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
Vietnam - Asian Currencies Fall, Led by Peso, as S&P Warns Europe on Debt I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
Vietnam - Asian Currencies Fall, Led by Peso, as S&P Warns Europe on Debt I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
Vietnam - Asian Currencies Fall, Led by Peso, as S&P Warns Europe on Debt I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
Vietnam - Asian Currencies Fall, Led by Peso, as S&P Warns Europe on Debt I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
Vietnam - Asian Currencies Fall, Led by Peso, as S&P Warns Europe on Debt I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
Vietnam - Asian Currencies Fall, Led by Peso, as S&P Warns Europe on Debt I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
Vietnam - Asian Currencies Fall, Led by Peso, as S&P Warns Europe on Debt I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
Vietnam - Asian Currencies Fall, Led by Peso, as S&P Warns Europe on Debt I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
Vietnam - Asian Currencies Fall, Led by Peso, as S&P Warns Europe on Debt I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
Vietnam - Asian Currencies Fall, Led by Peso, as S&P Warns Europe on Debt I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
Vietnam - Asian Currencies Fall, Led by Peso, as S&P Warns Europe on Debt I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
Vietnam - Asian Currencies Fall, Led by Peso, as S&P Warns Europe on Debt I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
Vietnam - Asian Currencies Fall, Led by Peso, as S&P Warns Europe on Debt I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
Vietnam - Asian Currencies Fall, Led by Peso, as S&P Warns Europe on Debt I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
Vietnam - Asian Currencies Fall, Led by Peso, as S&P Warns Europe on Debt I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
Vietnam - Asian Currencies Fall, Led by Peso, as S&P Warns Europe on Debt I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
Vietnam - Asian Currencies Fall, Led by Peso, as S&P Warns Europe on Debt I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
Vietnam - Asian Currencies Fall, Led by Peso, as S&P Warns Europe on Debt I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
Vietnam - Asian Currencies Fall, Led by Peso, as S&P Warns Europe on Debt I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

» Dinar Daily Facebook Page
Vietnam - Asian Currencies Fall, Led by Peso, as S&P Warns Europe on Debt I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 3:34 pm by Ponee

Vietnam - Asian Currencies Fall, Led by Peso, as S&P Warns Europe on Debt

Go down

Vietnam - Asian Currencies Fall, Led by Peso, as S&P Warns Europe on Debt Empty Vietnam - Asian Currencies Fall, Led by Peso, as S&P Warns Europe on Debt

Post by lexie Tue Dec 06, 2011 3:17 pm

December 6, 2011

Asian Currencies Fall, Led by Peso, as S&P Warns Europe on Debt

n currencies dropped, led by the Philippine peso and Thai baht, after Standard & Poor’s warned that the credit ratings of 15 euro-area nations may be cut, adding to concern global economic growth will slow.

The MSCI Asia-Pacific Index (MXAP) of shares snapped a six-day rally after S&P put countries including Germany and France on review for possible downgrade, saying a decision may be made following a summit of European Union leaders on Dec. 9. German Chancellor Angela Merkel and French President Nicolas Sarkozy are pushing for a rewrite of the EU’s governing rules to tighten economic cooperation.

“The comments from S&P are making people risk-averse and boosting dollar demand,” said Disawat Tiaowvanich, a foreign- exchange trader at Bangkok Bank Pcl. “The main driver of the market is developments in Europe.”

The peso declined 0.4 percent to 43.46 per dollar as of as of 16:59 p.m. in Manila, according to Tullett Prebon Plc. The baht dropped 0.3 percent from Dec. 2 to 30.87 per dollar as it resumed trading after a public holiday yesterday, while Indonesia’s rupiah fell 0.2 percent to 9,070. Malaysia’s ringgit weakened 0.1 percent to 3.1350.

South Korea’s economy may slow due to signs of global weakness and a decline in international trade, the nation’s Finance Minister Bahk Jae Wan said at a ministerial meeting in Seoul today. Bank of Thailand Director Singhachai Boonyayotin said Dec. 2 the baht’s strength may prove short-lived because of uncertainties in the global economy.
‘Increasingly Concerned’

China’s yuan tested the weaker end of its permitted trading range for a fifth day on concern economic growth in Asia’s largest economy is faltering. The People’s Bank of China set its daily reference rate little changed at 6.3334 per dollar, almost 0.5 percent stronger than the currency’s close yesterday.

“The market is increasingly concerned about the state of China’s property and export sectors as the euro-zone debt crisis deepens,” said Steve Wang, the Hong Kong-based head of fixed- income research at Bank of China International, a unit of China’s third-biggest lender by market value.

The yuan was little changed at 6.3642 per dollar at the close in Shanghai, after dropping 0.02 percent earlier. The currency is allowed to trade up to 0.5 percent either side of the fixing. Twelve-month non-deliverable forwards fell 0.12 percent to 6.3870 per dollar, a 0.3 percent discount to the onshore spot rate.

Taiwan’s dollar dropped for a third day after the central bank said yesterday foreign-exchange reserves fell to the lowest level in 10 months. A finance ministry report on Dec. 8 will show export growth slowed to 8.6 percent in November from a year earlier, compared with 11.7 percent the previous month, according to the median estimate of economists surveyed by Bloomberg. International reserves fell $5 billion last month to $388 billion.
‘Outward Remittances’

“Taiwan’s foreign-exchange reserves dropped, so that means outward remittances from Taiwan are bigger,” said Tarsicio Tong, a trader at Union Bank of Taiwan in Taipei. “Exporters who want to sell U.S. dollars will want a higher price.”

Taiwan’s dollar declined 0.1 percent to NT$30.225 against its U.S. counterpart, according to Taipei Forex Inc.

The won declined 0.1 percent to 1,131.35 per dollar. South Korea’s economy expanded 0.8 percent in the three months through September from the second quarter, compared with an October estimate for a 0.7 percent gain, the Bank of Korea said in Seoul today.

Philippine inflation slowed to 4.8 percent in November after a 5.2 percent gain in October, government data showed today, prompting the central bank to signal it has scope to lower interest rates.

Elsewhere, Singapore’s dollar weakened 0.3 percent to S$1.2854 against its U.S. counterpart and Vietnam’s dong was little changed at 21,011. (Bloomberg)

http://www.vietfinancenews.com/2011/12/asian-currencies-fall-led-by-peso-as-s.html#more

"WHEN THE POWER OF LOVE OVERCOMES THE LOVE OF POWER, THE WORLD WILL KNOW PEACE"
lexie
lexie
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum