Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Carnival Rides
Happy Thanksgiving to OOM! - time to share!  I_icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2024 5:03 pm by kenlej

» Go Russia
Happy Thanksgiving to OOM! - time to share!  I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2024 11:37 am by kenlej

» Go Russia
Happy Thanksgiving to OOM! - time to share!  I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2024 10:51 am by kenlej

» Textbook Tony
Happy Thanksgiving to OOM! - time to share!  I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2024 4:13 pm by Mission1st

» The Rockefellers and the controllers are freaking out right about now
Happy Thanksgiving to OOM! - time to share!  I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2024 11:16 am by kenlej

» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
Happy Thanksgiving to OOM! - time to share!  I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
Happy Thanksgiving to OOM! - time to share!  I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
Happy Thanksgiving to OOM! - time to share!  I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
Happy Thanksgiving to OOM! - time to share!  I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
Happy Thanksgiving to OOM! - time to share!  I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
Happy Thanksgiving to OOM! - time to share!  I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
Happy Thanksgiving to OOM! - time to share!  I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
Happy Thanksgiving to OOM! - time to share!  I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
Happy Thanksgiving to OOM! - time to share!  I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
Happy Thanksgiving to OOM! - time to share!  I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
Happy Thanksgiving to OOM! - time to share!  I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
Happy Thanksgiving to OOM! - time to share!  I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
Happy Thanksgiving to OOM! - time to share!  I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
Happy Thanksgiving to OOM! - time to share!  I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
Happy Thanksgiving to OOM! - time to share!  I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

Happy Thanksgiving to OOM! - time to share!

+8
tajmah09
Terbo56
gampy
Purpleskyz
SEBtopdog
konacoffeegal
nana1
ADMIN
12 posters

Go down

Happy Thanksgiving to OOM! - time to share!  Empty Happy Thanksgiving to OOM! - time to share!

Post by ADMIN Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:46 pm

I would like to wish ALL of the OOM members and staff a very Happy Thanksgiving, and hope that you enjoy your familys and count the blessings you DO have during this time!

Lets have some share time here before we hit the Thanksgiving Turkey Day!

Give us ONE thing that you hold as a FAMILY TRADITION every year on Thanksgiving day?

OUR TRADITION: Families drive from all to central Arkansas (my aunts house), and we have an ongoing battle to see which aunt makes THE best potato candy. The kids always have a tag football game in the front yard Smile

Love those memories!

HUGS!
MISKEBAM

ADMIN
Admin
Admin

http://dinardaily@gmail.com

Back to top Go down

Happy Thanksgiving to OOM! - time to share!  Empty Re: Happy Thanksgiving to OOM! - time to share!

Post by nana1 Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:34 pm

our family tradition is to go around the table and tell what we are thankful for. i can remember doing this when i was very young. and then my sweet papa would say a blessing. mama read a passage of scripture in the bible. my family are the most important thing in my life.

i love each and everyone of my oom family and wish all of you a happy thanksgiving

love Nana1

nana1

Back to top Go down

Happy Thanksgiving to OOM! - time to share!  Empty Re: Happy Thanksgiving to OOM! - time to share!

Post by konacoffeegal Wed Nov 23, 2011 4:11 pm

One of our family traditions is showing the little ones how nice the black olives look on all their fingertips.
konacoffeegal
konacoffeegal
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 23, 2011 4:14 pm

konacoffeegal wrote:One of our family traditions is showing the little ones how nice the black olives look on all their fingertips.

I remember that when I was a kid, oh wait, I have not grown up yet. Dang olives don't fit my fingers anymore. lol AJ

Back to top Go down

Post by SEBtopdog Wed Nov 23, 2011 4:25 pm

☀ I always remember my grandfather, whose philosophy was that we should always eat dessert first so we'd be sure to have room for it. How I loved that delightful man! ☀

Happy Thanksgiving to OOM! - time to share!  Emoticon-animal-028

Keep smiling ... It'll make 'em wonder what you're up to!

Happy Thanksgiving to OOM! - time to share!  Bump~0 Will someone please let the RV Widget out of the jar?
SEBtopdog
SEBtopdog
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by konacoffeegal Wed Nov 23, 2011 4:28 pm

AJAnderson wrote:
konacoffeegal wrote:One of our family traditions is showing the little ones how nice the black olives look on all their fingertips.

I remember that when I was a kid, oh wait, I have not grown up yet. Dang olives don't fit my fingers anymore. lol AJ

lol... you might be able to find jumbo black olives to fit your fingers AJ.
konacoffeegal
konacoffeegal
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by konacoffeegal Wed Nov 23, 2011 4:29 pm

SEBtopdog wrote:☀ I always remember my grandfather, whose philosophy was that we should always eat dessert first so we'd be sure to have room for it. How I loved that delightful man! ☀

I really like that tradition. You had a wonderful grandfather SEB!
konacoffeegal
konacoffeegal
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Purpleskyz Wed Nov 23, 2011 4:31 pm

Happy Turkey Day to all of the OOM posters, staff, mods, and OKIE!

We also go around the table to say what we are most thankful for.

A tradition also is to bake sweet potatos in a half of orange with a cherry on top. Sooooo good!

Out Of Mind
www.oom2.com
Happy Thanksgiving to OOM! - time to share!  2245507099Happy Thanksgiving to OOM! - time to share!  2245507099
Purpleskyz
Purpleskyz
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SEBtopdog Wed Nov 23, 2011 4:33 pm

konacoffeegal wrote:
SEBtopdog wrote:☀ I always remember my grandfather, whose philosophy was that we should always eat dessert first so we'd be sure to have room for it. How I loved that delightful man! ☀

Thanks for saying that, konacoffeegal. Made me tear up a little, but in a very good way. Happy Thanksgiving ... my hands aren't too large. Maybe if I get the jumbo pitted black olives I can give your tradition a whirl. Razz

Happy Thanksgiving to OOM! - time to share!  Bump~0 Will someone please let the RV Widget out of the jar?
SEBtopdog
SEBtopdog
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by SEBtopdog Wed Nov 23, 2011 4:34 pm

purpleskyz wrote:Happy Turkey Day to all of the OOM posters, staff, mods, and OKIE!

We also go around the table to say what we are most thankful for.

A tradition also is to bake sweet potatos in a half of orange with a cherry on top. Sooooo good!

Oh yummmmmm. Do you mash the sweet potatoes? It would be a beautiful dish as well as tasty.

SEBtopdog
SEBtopdog
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by gampy Wed Nov 23, 2011 4:38 pm

What is "potato candy"?

gampy
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by konacoffeegal Wed Nov 23, 2011 4:45 pm

SEBtopdog wrote:
konacoffeegal wrote:

Thanks for saying that, konacoffeegal. Made me tear up a little, but in a very good way. Happy Thanksgiving ... my hands aren't too large. Maybe if I get the jumbo pitted black olives I can give your tradition a whirl. Razz

I think they also have extra large jumbo olives, lol. Give it a whirl, it'll make you laugh.
konacoffeegal
konacoffeegal
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Terbo56 Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:11 pm

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!! Take care and be careful on the highways, and make it safely to your destinations- It is a time to be with your families,and thank the good Lord for All that you are thankful for-May it be a happy and giving Holiday- Love to ALL- Terbo
Terbo56
Terbo56
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by konacoffeegal Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:27 pm

Thank you Terbo. Happy Thanksgiving to you also and a safe day for you and yours if traveling.
konacoffeegal
konacoffeegal
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:11 pm

Happy thanksgiving to the members, mods, admin, okie, scottieg, Miske, bulldog, everybody, be safe, be well and God Bless all. AJ

Back to top Go down

Post by tajmah09 Wed Nov 23, 2011 7:32 pm

Laughing When I was little the pits were still in the olives and my Grandpa would shoot the pits across the table at people. Nanny soon found the ones you could put on the ends of you fingers, so he would eat the entire meal with olives on his finger tips. Good memory!!!!
tajmah09
tajmah09

Back to top Go down

Post by CaptnJerry Wed Nov 23, 2011 7:47 pm

Happy Thanksgiving OOM!

https://youtu.be/9cFHAJ5asMk

CJ

Inspired by Splovengates "Be ready between sunday and monday night, or maybe tuesday or wednesday, could also be thursday but definitely by friday.... probably next week, monday or late tuesday night, wednesday morning to hear the rv and should be cashing in on the following tuesday the 1st part of january or february. Sooner more than later. But no later than the beginning of 2013. Certainly not before then. Until then, let's enjoy the ride!

Happy Thanksgiving to OOM! - time to share!  Animated-smileys-leisure-013 Come on RI/RV!
CaptnJerry
CaptnJerry
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by SEBtopdog Wed Nov 23, 2011 7:48 pm

tajmah09 wrote:Laughing When I was little the pits were still in the olives and my Grandpa would shoot the pits across the table at people. Nanny soon found the ones you could put on the ends of you fingers, so he would eat the entire meal with olives on his finger tips. Good memory!!!!

Sounds like you got a terrific Grandpa, too, tajmah09! Wonderful memories, no? Very Happy

A very happy Thanksgiving to everyone!

SEBtopdog
SEBtopdog
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:11 pm

We don't have black olives at our Thanksgiving dinner, but now I want some so I can be the cool aunt who shows the little ones how to do it. Smile And the sweet potato baked in orange skins, yum!

Our tradition is to eat till your pants are too tight, then watch the game (I go to a movie with my sisters), and watch the babies' and kids' new tricks.

I'm new to the RV (since July) and still learning from all your posts. It's a crazy ride and I'm holding on tight until the end...and a new beginning. I am grateful a friend told me about this. It has flipped my world! Even if it only comes out at a penny, my money consciousness has totally changed. I am also grateful to have found this site.
Happy Thanksgiving, ya'll! :flower:

Back to top Go down

Post by dinarstar Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:22 pm

Happy Thanksgiving to you all.
I pray,if possible,that we can all be with our families and loved ones,let us cherish those we are with,and have warm thoughts for those who cannot be with us,whatever the reason.
After RV,I will have a wonderful "Thanksgiving" of my own,because I will be able to travel to two continents,and be with my family,and friends,whom I have not seen for 8 years.That includes my dear,lovely,patient wife.
Give thanks,every day,for what we have,it can be taken from us in an instant.
Be safe,at peace and in God's Holy Care tomorrow and always.
We WILL see our RV,VERY soon! Very Happy

dinarstar
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by doodoo Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:35 pm

much like others posted here, all family, taking turns stating what we are thankful for, and stuffing our faces with more food than we need. Oh, my vary favorite part of the meal? Turkey sandwiches for days afterward. Not heated, just straight out of the fridge and piled high between two pieces of bread with mayo on both sides. MMMMMMMMM! I can taste them already. Have a blessed day y'all

SENATOR DOODOO
Support Term Limits for US Congress
doodoo
doodoo
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:52 pm

gampy wrote:What is "potato candy"?

1 lg. potato, cooked & peeled
Confectioners' sugar
Peanut butter

Mash potato with sugar, may take 1 pound or more. Mix until stiff. Sprinkle confectioners' sugar on board. Roll out like dough. Spread with peanut butter. Roll up like jelly roll. Cut in slices. AWESOME!

The reason for the contest with my mom & aunts is because it can either be made with too much sugar, which makes it dry and crumbles... or too little which makes it hard to handle cause it sticks to everything... so the contest is the PERFECT potato candy! This has been ongoing for as long as I can remember.. so at least 40 years lol Very Happy

ADMIN
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:54 pm

aim88 wrote:We don't have black olives at our Thanksgiving dinner, but now I want some so I can be the cool aunt who shows the little ones how to do it. Smile And the sweet potato baked in orange skins, yum!

Our tradition is to eat till your pants are too tight, then watch the game (I go to a movie with my sisters), and watch the babies' and kids' new tricks.

I'm new to the RV (since July) and still learning from all your posts. It's a crazy ride and I'm holding on tight until the end...and a new beginning. I am grateful a friend told me about this. It has flipped my world! Even if it only comes out at a penny, my money consciousness has totally changed. I am also grateful to have found this site.
Happy Thanksgiving, ya'll! :flower:

Welcome aim88... GREAT first post!

ADMIN
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dinarstar Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:23 pm

gampy wrote:What is "potato candy"?

I was going to ask that,now we both know Smile

dinarstar
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 24, 2011 5:46 am

Ah, thank you, Miskebam, for noticing that was my first post.

I'm having the time of my life. This is better than watching Housewives of Wherever. I run home every day to see if I'm rich yet, ha! Very Happy

I have already gotten a huge return from my investment in sheer aliveness. The anticipation is SWEET.

Back to top Go down

Post by Horizon Thu Nov 24, 2011 8:13 am

☀ Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!

Our Thanksgiving is spent with as many Family and Friends as we can. My husband has a special way he cooks the Turkey that makes it so juicy and good. We have so much food and all the cakes and pies, too much...but it's Thanksgiving and you have to taste everything! We also share special memories, and what we are Thankful for. Most of all we Thank God for the special time we have together. My Dad, which is 90 will lead us in our prayer of Thanksgiving, so Thankful he is still here!

I hope each of you enjoy your day....eat too much...and spend special time with the ones you love. Dinarstar, I pray you will reunite soon with your loved ones. Many Blessings to you all my Dinar Family! ❤

Happy Thanksgiving to OOM! - time to share!  Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQbUTUwRpDbhT-xIofJl3G31OXoGzOAJS3qKlCApR1lrvZghQYKngbnt9AnaQMakin' Plans...Happy Thanksgiving to OOM! - time to share!  7_6_8

Praise God for all things, and he will give us the desires of our hearts!
Horizon
Horizon
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum