Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Carnival Rides
FIREPROOF - WORDS OF WISDOM I_icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2024 5:03 pm by kenlej

» Go Russia
FIREPROOF - WORDS OF WISDOM I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2024 11:37 am by kenlej

» Go Russia
FIREPROOF - WORDS OF WISDOM I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2024 10:51 am by kenlej

» Textbook Tony
FIREPROOF - WORDS OF WISDOM I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2024 4:13 pm by Mission1st

» The Rockefellers and the controllers are freaking out right about now
FIREPROOF - WORDS OF WISDOM I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2024 11:16 am by kenlej

» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
FIREPROOF - WORDS OF WISDOM I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
FIREPROOF - WORDS OF WISDOM I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
FIREPROOF - WORDS OF WISDOM I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
FIREPROOF - WORDS OF WISDOM I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
FIREPROOF - WORDS OF WISDOM I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
FIREPROOF - WORDS OF WISDOM I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
FIREPROOF - WORDS OF WISDOM I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
FIREPROOF - WORDS OF WISDOM I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
FIREPROOF - WORDS OF WISDOM I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
FIREPROOF - WORDS OF WISDOM I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
FIREPROOF - WORDS OF WISDOM I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
FIREPROOF - WORDS OF WISDOM I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
FIREPROOF - WORDS OF WISDOM I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
FIREPROOF - WORDS OF WISDOM I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
FIREPROOF - WORDS OF WISDOM I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

FIREPROOF - WORDS OF WISDOM

+15
Terbo56
Bruno
15Dinar
nana1
az-tex
DTConcerned
SEBtopdog
his4evr2c
Kevind53
Alchemist
HezekiaH
Peppermint Patti
tnmom
crich
ADMIN
19 posters

Go down

FIREPROOF - WORDS OF WISDOM Empty FIREPROOF - WORDS OF WISDOM

Post by ADMIN Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:15 pm

A letter to the OOM family from one of our chat moderators, heart felt and touching... WORDS of WISDOM!

Thanks FIREPROOF! Hugs to you!

Good Evening all my OOM family members. I want you to know that I have come to love each one of you, even the ones that argue with me. And the ones that are there in the background and never say a thing. We are a very special and close knit group….

That is why I want to say these few things to you tonight. Which I believe could be our last pre RV night. Anything is Possible.

Please, Please, Please take Bulldogs security warnings to heart…. This is very serious…. People KILL for 5 bucks… Imagine what they will do for thousands or millions…

You and your family are going to be at risk constantly. Never let your guard down…Be wise and get good council. Do not be foolish…

Get with someone you trust to help you set up accounts to pass the funds through. (Holding Company) Set up Trusts to start up your corporations. Buy your properties through the corporations. Buy your vehicles through your corporations. There are so many things that need to be done right. You don’t want to get locked into something that will put your financial future and your family in jeopardy. Seek great (not just good) legal advice. CPA’s and ATTNY’s are a must…. Don’t try to save a few bucks in the beginning only to be led down the wrong path…..

Think about it. The rest of your lives depend on it…..

YOUR BROTHR IN CHRIST
FIREPROOF

Last edited by Miskebam on Thu Nov 24, 2011 1:50 am; edited 1 time in total

ADMIN
Admin
Admin

http://dinardaily@gmail.com

Back to top Go down

FIREPROOF - WORDS OF WISDOM Empty Re: FIREPROOF - WORDS OF WISDOM

Post by crich Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:25 pm

Can someone post all the Security Measures that Bulldog & others have mentioned. I can't find it anywhere in the forum. Need to pass it on to several others. Thanks in advance for any help:)
crich
crich
Forum Friend
Forum Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:40 pm

[Bulldog75] 4. Isolate sensitive computer files from snoops. As we use our computers more and more to keep sensitive records and correspondence, it becomes more important to protect them from snoops. The #1 threat to your sensitive files is your modem, fax, or DSL Internet connection – anything that electronically connects your computer to the outside world. Thanks to cookies, e-mail wiretaps, and other techniques, when you're browsing the web or reading your e-mail, snoops at the other end can download files from your computer hard drive. The only sure way to protect yourself is by keeping all sensitive information on a different computer (or at least a different hard drive with its own, separate operating system) than the computer you use for web browsing. In other words, you use Computer #1 to browse the web and send e-mail; and you use Computer #2 for word processing, accounting, and storing important information. Computer #1 has no important files or sensitive information. Computer #2 has no electronic connection to the outside world. To minimize expenses, your two computers can share the same keyboard and monitor, by the addition of a network hub (about $100).

[Bulldog75] 5. Keep your web browsing and e-mail private. Whenever you contact a company or organization on the Internet, the computer at the other end will often insert a "cookie" into your computer – enabling merchants and government agencies to keep track of your web browsing. The information that can be collected about you in this way is absolutely mind-boggling and includes your name, address, phone number, detailed information on the type of computer you are using, your Social Security number, credit-card numbers, a list of your friends and business contacts, and much more. To keep your web browsing private, use an anonymous connection service, such as Anonymizer (http://www.anonymizer.com). Another alternative is Hushmail, based in Anguilla, which offers a free e-mail service that allows you to encrypt e-mail using ultra-powerful 1024-bit encryption. For further protection, encrypt your e-mail, using high-level, 1024-bit encryption software, such as Pretty Good Privacy (PGP). http:// www.pgp.com Zero Knowledge Systems (ZKS) offers software called "Freedom" which also uses 1024-bit encryption and which: Allows you to use multi-pseudonyms that can't be traced to your real name Prevents the receipt of Internet cookies Provides multi-layers of encryption

[Bulldog75] #6 (TWO PARTS) 6. KEEP YOUR HOME ADDRESS & PHONE # PRIVATE!!! This is the single MOST IMPORTANT step you can take to protect your privacy. Government snoops can't nose around your home, bug your computer, or listen in on your calls, if they don't know where you live or what your phone number is. To keep your home address private, rent or buy your home in the name of an out-of-state corporation (Delaware and Nevada corporations are best). Also put your utilities in the name of the corporation, as well as your phone, and magazine and newspaper subscriptions. This is precisely what TV personalities, professional athletes, and film stars do to protect their privacy. And it's not expensive. A Delaware corporation can be set up for as little as $150 and maintained for $50 a year!

[Bulldog75] #6 (CONT'D) Receive all mail personally addressed to you at a nearby mail drop, such as Mail Boxes, Etc. (about $15 a month), or an Executive Office Service ($50 to $150 a month), or at the address of a friend who owns a nearby business (free). Then use this address for your driver's license and car registration. Naturally, your car will also be registered in the name of your corporation. Properly set up, a Delaware or Nevada corporation can also dramatically lower your taxes, if you're an independent contractor. (Please consult your attorney.) For a private home phone, use a company name when setting up a new phone account, rather than your own, and make sure and get caller ID, complete blocking. To add a further level of phone privacy, purchase a prepaid cell phone – such as those offered by Trac Fone through Blockbuster, WalMart, and Staples. No name, address, credit check, etc. is required to set up an account, and you can buy phone cards for cash to add more time.

[Bulldog75] #7 (TWO PARTS) A. 7. Keep your medical records more private. Information in your medical files can be used to deny you insurance, jobs, and legal benefits. It could be even used by a government just slightly more authoritarian than the one we now have, to take away your children or commit you to a mental hospital. Unfortunately, each time you see a doctor or check into a hospital or clinic, they will usually demand your Social Security Number, which in turn will be used to file and locate your medical records. You can protect yourself from unwanted snooping by getting an alternative Medical photo ID from ID Network (IDN). No SSN is required, and medical records are kept in your own handwriting. $9.95. Call 1-888-329-3686 or 314-416-7411, http://www.idnetwork.com.

[Bulldog75] #7 (CONT'D) PART B: The Crucial Importance Of Privacy Philosopher-novelist Ayn Rand once commented that the development of civilization and freedom are inseparable from the increase in personal privacy. In a primitive society there is no privacy or freedom. The tribe knows all and controls everything you do. But in the civilized society, we each have a crucial zone of privacy shielding us from outside snooping and control. Privacy is about keeping more of what you earn – protecting the sensitive information in your computer - avoiding being hassled by the IRS or police – protecting your children – and minimizing your chances of a 2 am visit by a machine-gun-toting SWAT team. The battle for your privacy is the battle for your freedom. Ultimately it is a battle we will win. Twenty years from now we'll look back at intrusive Big Brother government the same way we now look at dinosaurs: Huge and ferocious, but dead. Peace & Blessings, RED LILY THANK YOU RED LILY FOR THAT FABULOUS POST AND SUCH DETAILS. YOU ARE BLESSED. AMEN.

[Bulldog75] #8. CASHIN FOR THIS WEEKEND: IMHO, these are suggestions to consider; you decide what to do. The wolves inside and outside the bank can be few ... to many. Your Life and Your Life Savings may be at RISK.

[Bulldog75] short bullet point suggestions to consider and filter thru: 1. do not park in the bank lot. why show your car tags to others that will jot them down and trace u? A camera can take a photo of you and your tags for blocks away.

[Bulldog75] 2. go with someone to the bank; spouse, best friend who is a fellow dinarian if u choose. caps and glasses are nice.

[Bulldog75] 3. if u park far away ; maybe take a taxi from another parking lot a mile or two away. 4. make an apptment if u have a large investment to cash 5. not all at one time cash in everything unless u really know what one is doing here.

[Bulldog75] 6. know your rate before you go 7. have a predetermined game plan

[Bulldog75] 8. watch your body language and the banker/tellers as well; everyone is watching whether you want to believe it or not cause the next few days of next Tues and WEd and thursday, well....who is going to be at the banks?

[Bulldog75] 9. there is NO rush to cash in; supposedly 45 days to have the possible 15% tax advantage with no audits (this is still a rumor; will be confirmed sooner or later next week).

[Bulldog75] 10. if your deposit is in an acct "no interest bearing savings acct" there 'maybe' an opportunity to have the bank cover the total amount deposited which surpasses the FDIC $250,000. check that one out please, imo.

[Bulldog75] 11. SMITH BARNEY and others re insure your accounts somewhere in the $600,000 range per account. seek legal advice and the broker / company policies.

[Bulldog75] 12. NEVER EVER use your home address anymore for anything including UPS AND FED EX. THEY TRACK YOU. THEY KNOW WHO LIVES IN YOUR HOUSE.

[Bulldog75] 13. AFTER MAKING YOUR INITIAL DEPOSIT; TRANSFER IT TO ANOTHER INTEREST FREE CHECKING ACCT WITHIN THE WEEK; SOONER RATHER THAN LATER. (AGAIN, PLEASE FILTER ALL THIS DATA. YOU DECIDE WHICH WORKS FOR U).

[Bulldog75] 14. HAVE YOUR BANK MAILING ADDRESS POSSIBLY TO A PO BOX; BUT A SEPARATE PHYSICAL ADDRESS IS ASKED FOR BY THE BANK; SO LIST A UPS POSTAL DROP ADDRESS WHICH IS NOT, I REPEAT NOT A PObOX.

ADMIN
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:40 pm

not sure what happened to the first couple of em .... *scratches head*

ADMIN
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by tnmom Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:41 pm

crich here ya go!! http://dinardaily.forumotion.com/t10891-bulldog75-post-rv-security-checks-543pm-cst-11-9-11?highlight=Security

tnmom

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:44 pm

ALSO FROM GENERATIONX:

GENERATIONX – ADVISE FROM THE PAST

For those who do not know GenerationX. He was a very wise and dear man that use to post in the dinar forums a few years ago. He was a retired pilot, who served our country well, and a Doctor of Physics, that spent several years studying Iraq and its economics. He designed the guidelines listed below to help those that are about to find wealth. . . keep it. They crop up from time to time by those that kept his words of wisdom to pass along. There were those that put GenX to the test in spiteful ways, and he ultimately and unfortunate for us, decided it was in his best interest and peace of mind to stop posting all together. To bad for those of us that respected, admired and looked forward to every post that GenX brought to us.

GenX, If you are out there . . . know that you are loved and missed by many, would love to see you come back and grace us again with your presense, or just allow us to Thank you for all that you brought. We fondly remember the comforting words, that you brought from God on more than one occassion . . . Be still.
-THE OOM TEAM

GenerationX Rules:

Family: I have been asked several times about my plans for financial investments and preserving wealth and do not offer advice as each and everyone of you have a different circumstance that adds substantial and unique problems to preserving your newly acquired wealth. I am not a Certified Investment Counsel but will for the first time offer you some sensible directions to take.

1. Recognize that your government both State and Federal are your biggest enemy to securing your wealth, see a tax accountant or tax lawyer.

2. Set aside 15% of your new wealth in a separate account for your mad money and use this account for your flings into wealth. This is your payoff for your dreams and frustrations. If you spend more than this on new homes, automobiles etc. You are on a well-known pattern of blowing it all.

3. Remember #1, everything you buy will be taxed yearly either in Real estate taxes, sales taxes and or personal property taxes and if you live in one of the States with State Income taxes you will pay the State on all interest earned and on the principal Amount when it is received initially. Think about this statement. Move to a State that has the lesser of the applicable taxes, this is a must. If you do not do this the State will eat up your rewards inside of 10 years, really!!!! Places like NY and CA will eat it up in 6 years. All States are creating new taxes daily to preserve their bloated Bureaucracies under the guise of service.

Read More Link on Right

4. Invest the remaining 85% [after taxes] in safe high paying interest insured CD’s etc. Look out side the US for the best rates Panama is paying up to 7% on large CD’S 70,000 per year on a million dollars worth of CD’s. Dubai is paying up to 10% on the same amounts, Check Cyprus as they have been in the 10% bracket also. Pay interest to a debit account, spend and live on the interest with a Debit card. Then if you have enough Dinar to cash in there could be a lot of interest to be almost as exorbitant as you like living the life of Riley so to speak. A 10M savings off shore could bring you interest of $700,000 to more than 1M a year in income. Can you live high on the Hog with that?

5. Lower your profile, do not flaunt your new wealth as the tort laws in this country allow Trial Attorneys to target you as a defendant. Trial or Tort lawyers are the only profession that never contribute to society but just create misery so they can take your rewards for your hard work. There are some good books on becoming invisible, buy one and follow as much as you feel comfortable.

6. Contribute to Charity on a fixed rate yearly; do not over contribute as they [most] spend money like drunken sailors as they contribute increasingly lower subsidies to the needy.

7. Change your lifestyle to a calmer existence; find peace and harmony with yourself. Find a compatible travel mate if you are single, travel the world into safe places and educate yourself to there way of life as it helps you understand how they think and rationalize. This promotes peace and harmony within yourself.

8. Above all think each move through, In the 1960′s I taught a course we designed on thinking for corporate management for a large Think Tank firm. We found that only 3% think, 12 % think they think and the rest just blunder through life failing to achieve any potential what so ever. This has held true even through today. The sorry school system does nothing to prepare kids to think and never will.

9. Spend a little of your splurge money on obtaining good advice from more than 1 source on how to invest your money, watch out for slick talking stock brokers or mutual type funds. Watch out for real estate as you can lose everything very quickly as the economy is still failing. Also remember #1. Watch out for taxes that pile on your estate.

10. Pray for guidance but please do not turn into zealot as this can override your mindset to a point you will not recognize happiness when you see it. Everything in moderation with a truly happy smile and enlightened smile on you face. Be a friendly person not someone who is critical of others lifestyles and their views on faith. Recognize everyone is born free and with their own opinion.

Now that I have laid out some advice accumulated in my 73 years on this planet, I hope each and everyone can heed this simple advice for their own well being. May God bless you and you’re new found wealth, BUT; above all THINK! GenerationX

ADMIN
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by crich Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:12 pm

Miskebam & tnmom Thanks for that!

crich
crich
Forum Friend
Forum Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by Peppermint Patti Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:39 pm

Thank you GenerationX... That was a very thorough and complete and is a great reminder of what we need to do to come out on top and stay there.

Having this kind of money will be incredible but not if we don't heed those warnings as in this day and age we cannot be too careful..

I have lived incognito before keeping our home hidden from everyone and it sure is a different way to live. But, when you have more than the next guy, in our case it was our employees and customers you will really have to be careful. Don't want to make anyone jealous - it doesn't serve any good purpose and could bring heartache..

Can't wait until we all have that problem... Fun, fun, fun...
Peppermint Patti
Peppermint Patti
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by HezekiaH Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:41 pm

Thanks for the wise counsel. GO RV Very Happy Very Happy

Wealth is what you have when all your money is gone!!!
HezekiaH
HezekiaH
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Alchemist Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:07 pm

Encrypt sensitive files.
Run linux window$ and apple are proprietary - you don't know what you can't know, though apple is more secure because of permissions.
Plenty of free open source software.

If you guys would like, I can devote some time to this sort of theme...

Alchy

Alchemist
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Alchemist Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:08 pm

Message me..

Alchemist
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevind53 Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:39 pm

Alchemist wrote:Encrypt sensitive files.
Run linux window$ and apple are proprietary - you don't know what you can't know, though apple is more secure because of permissions.
Plenty of free open source software.

If you guys would like, I can devote some time to this sort of theme...

Alchy

Actually at the security conference last year, they set up Macs, PC's (Win 7) and Linux right out of the box and let the hackers have at them ... the Mac fell first, about 4 hours as I recall, the PC was next at about 28 hrs, and the Linux took several days.

As a licensed insurance agent I handle protected info on my PC all the time, and have to store it in encrypted form, there are a number of programs out there, but the one my company recommended can be found here: http://www.safehousesoftware.com/ It works well, and rates your password strength as you type it in. I have a very strong password, that is totally different than I use anywhere else, and which I change periodically.

Of course if you don't do the basics, current and up to date anti-virus, anti-spyware, all OS updates current, everything protected by solid passwords that are memorized and not written down, etc ... you are asking for trouble.
Kevind53
Kevind53
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by his4evr2c Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:49 pm

@Kevin53 Thanks I didn't know about a Linux how is it different than a PC and I heard the Mac was the Best/ Thanks for the Info, am tired of PC as it crashes and gives me challenges all the time...
Family members have Mac & never had a problem (ugh not pc) We've spent $2500 on a new Dell, and the next year more challenges practically obsolete when 2 yrs old...What is a Linux about? Thank you

HIS2BLESS ☀ :flower: :flower: :flower: :flower: :flower:
JESUS take Great DeLight in You and So Do We! Zeph 3:17
his4evr2c
his4evr2c
Forum Fanatic
Forum Fanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by SEBtopdog Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:01 am

A huge thank you to Fireproof, Miskebam, Bulldog, Generation X, Alchemist, Kevind. If I missed anyone, I apologize. The security recommendations are invaluable. Most of us on this site have never had a lot of money, so we aren't used to thinking like rich people. We do need to remember there are a lot of very smart bad guys out there who would love nothing more than to separate us from our money!

The thing is, what most people on this site talk about is not the hedonistic lifestyle they plan to live. They don't want to squander their newfound wealth. What impresses me most is the level of selflessness expressed by most people. They just want to have enough to be comfortable themselves, and then they have dreams of how they can make other people's lives better in some significant way. One on one, or through a foundation or through their churches. I believe the ripple effect from a small but significant army of good and generous people can shift the direction of our society. It's certainly worth a try, isn't it?

I didn't mean to get all heavy on you all. But this is a pretty important topic. So I hope you'll all print out the security advice, as I have done. And refer to it often as you're making your plans.

One last thing -- Peppermint Patti, you have the cutest avatar...It makes my heart sing. And his4evr2c, who could be better than Tigger? Thank goodness you didn't decide on Eore for your avatar! Wink

Last edited by SEBtopdog on Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:03 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)

FIREPROOF - WORDS OF WISDOM Emoticon-animal-028

Keep smiling ... It'll make 'em wonder what you're up to!

FIREPROOF - WORDS OF WISDOM Bump~0 Will someone please let the RV Widget out of the jar?
SEBtopdog
SEBtopdog
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Alchemist Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:02 am

Mac and window$ have factory back doors, their code is not public so you can't see.

Alchemist
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Alchemist Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:05 am

Ubuntu can be set up as a dual boot system with windows. Sourceforge.net is a good source. Try talug.org for easy links to free stuff.

Alchemist
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Alchemist Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:08 am

Ps, sorceforge might still even have NSA Linux (with security set up to NSA guidelines for DoD workers. Lol. Alwsys spooked to run that one for personal stuff - lolol!

Alchemist
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by DTConcerned Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:10 am

Trust God or live by fear?

Don’t ride the hype, use wisdom. Live life in the now, hope for the future, and use wisdom in dealing with the affairs of men.
DTConcerned
DTConcerned

Back to top Go down

Post by SEBtopdog Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:16 am

DTConcerned wrote:Trust God or live by fear?

DTConcerned: Aspiring to trust God, but just a little bit fearful, too. Couldn't that be said of most of us? It's pushing through the fear that makes us accomplish things that may have great results we haven't even considered.

FIREPROOF - WORDS OF WISDOM Bump~0 Will someone please let the RV Widget out of the jar?
SEBtopdog
SEBtopdog
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Alchemist Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:53 am

DTConcerned wrote:Trust God or live by fear?

Never live by fear, but make wise choices...
Fear is the mind killer!

Alchemist
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Alchemist Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:40 am

Spooked! No one gets my humor!
lol!

Alchemist
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Alchemist Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:44 am

I'm glad these will be buried in tomow's intel run!
lol!

Alchemist
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevind53 Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:03 am

his4evr2c wrote:@Kevin53 Thanks I didn't know about a Linux how is it different than a PC and I heard the Mac was the Best/ Thanks for the Info, am tired of PC as it crashes and gives me challenges all the time...
Family members have Mac & never had a problem (ugh not pc) We've spent $2500 on a new Dell, and the next year more challenges practically obsolete when 2 yrs old...What is a Linux about? Thank you

Our kids have had some problems with their Macs, usually requiring and expensive visit to the Apple store for assistance. When I worked in a tech center, we saw more issues with Dell than any other. I have had 3 Toshiba laptops and have not had a problem with any of them, and mine travels 5 days a week.

Biggest problem with Macs is cost. Expect to pay on average twice as much for the same amount of machine. Software is also more expensive and somewhat limited although not as bad as in the past. Linux is secure, free or low cost, but generally requires a higher level of "geekyness" and is somewhat limited in software. Plenty out there, but you won't find "name brands"
Kevind53
Kevind53
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevind53 Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:05 am

Alchemist wrote:Spooked! No one gets my humor!
lol!

I got it .... just getting going here. We're watching you buddy Suspect Suspect Suspect lmao
Kevind53
Kevind53
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by az-tex Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:16 am

In my opinion, you should "pin" this thread so as not to get lost in the avalanche of new threads...

For what it's worth...

And as for Linux... I use it all the time... unfortunately, I still have to use Windows as well due to the proprietary software that I have to use...

In God's timing, not a second sooner...
az-tex
az-tex
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by nana1 Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:20 pm

thanj you fireproof these are great words of wisdom thank you for your post

nana1

Back to top Go down

Post by 15Dinar Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:30 pm

Great information, don't have your head in the sand....We ARE at the RV Doorstep!!

15Dinar

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevind53 Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:18 pm

az-tex wrote:In my opinion, you should "pin" this thread so as not to get lost in the avalanche of new threads...

For what it's worth...

And as for Linux... I use it all the time... unfortunately, I still have to use Windows as well due to the proprietary software that I have to use...

I hear you, and have played with Linux (Unbuto sp?) some but have not made the move since most of the software I use/need is not available in Linux ... some pretty fair substitutes, but not good enough. Plus I need Windows to access the company website and run their proprietary software. I am getting ready to build a media/internet server and thinking very seriously about using Linux on it ... delete

Whatever a person uses though I can't emphasize enough the importance of good Antivirus/Spyware & Firewall (I use 2 firmware [router based and motherboard based] and one software). Keep OS and everything else up to date, and above all use common sense - don't open e-mails/attachments you are not expecting or from an unknown source, and even then always scan them before opening. Stay away from sites that are known for malware, (porn, illegal file sharing, software "crack" sites, etc.)

I very strongly agree with the original article about keeping any sensitive material on a computer with limited/no internet access. (I say limited because sometimes you may just have to connect in this world.) I would still have it password protected and date encrypted with a strong encryption program. Memorize - don't write down your passwords ... the strongest password in the world is useless if someone can guess or read it.

Remember, always practice safe surfing and you won't have to do this: crybaby NO why? crybaby affraid
Kevind53
Kevind53
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Bruno Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:37 pm

What is considered a LOT OF MONEY? I would guess there are people invested in the dinar that could end up multi-multi millionares. At what lower level is all this security more like building a brick wall with gun turrets to protect a Yugo. Is there a dollar level of wealth that this need not be implemented? I'm sure some of it is good at any level of wealth. But some of us are just getting enough to pay the bills, get a car, pay off the mortgage, but will still need to work. Thank you.

Not ANOTHER Day. Not Another Day. I can't take this. I can't take this. NOT ANOTHER DAY!!

FIREPROOF - WORDS OF WISDOM 437791839 FIREPROOF - WORDS OF WISDOM 437791839 FIREPROOF - WORDS OF WISDOM 437791839
Bruno
Bruno
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Terbo56 Fri Nov 18, 2011 3:22 pm

Bruno- As far as the Yugo went, YOU cracked me up- I haven't heard anything like that since I fell off my hobbyhorse LMAO!!! Terbo
Terbo56
Terbo56
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by SEBtopdog Fri Nov 18, 2011 3:42 pm

Me, too, Terbo. Bruno, that Yugo reference was hilarious!!!!!!!!!!!! lol!

SEBtopdog
SEBtopdog
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevind53 Fri Nov 18, 2011 4:03 pm

You don't park your Yugo in the vault at Fort Knox? Heck, to a lot of us, 100K is a lot of money and 1M is a flippin mountain of money! Any of the numbers I have seen will have me a grinnin ear to ear! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy :happyjoy: :happyjoy: crazyspin crazyspin happydance happydance bigsmile

Trust but Verify --- R Reagan Suspect

"Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you."1 Thessalonians 5:14–18

FIREPROOF - WORDS OF WISDOM 2805820865  FIREPROOF - WORDS OF WISDOM 2805820865  FIREPROOF - WORDS OF WISDOM 2805820865  FIREPROOF - WORDS OF WISDOM 2805820865
Kevind53
Kevind53
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Terbo56 Fri Nov 18, 2011 4:17 pm

Kevind53- You got that str8 !! Terbo
Terbo56
Terbo56
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by daktarmel Fri Nov 18, 2011 4:52 pm

Laugh all ya want, Terbo--my Yugo will be worth a lot of dinar someday. Maybe some dollars, too!?

daktarmel

Back to top Go down

Post by Terbo56 Fri Nov 18, 2011 4:55 pm

Possibly- If it still runs-FIREPROOF - WORDS OF WISDOM 949729897 Terbo
Terbo56
Terbo56
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Alchemist Fri Nov 18, 2011 5:04 pm

Dual boot.

D-a-m-n Small Linux (DSL) on a stick, unplug your hard drive and scrub your RAM...

Kevind53 wrote:
az-tex wrote:In my opinion, you should "pin" this thread so as not to get lost in the avalanche of new threads...

For what it's worth...

I hear you, and have played with Linux (Unbuto sp?) some but have not made the move since most of the software I use/need is not available in Linux ... some pretty fair substitutes, but not good enough. Plus I need Windows to access the company website and run their proprietary software. I am getting ready to build a media/internet server and thinking very seriously about using Linux on it ... delete

Whatever a person uses though I can't emphasize enough the importance of good Antivirus/Spyware & Firewall (I use 2 firmware [router based and motherboard based] and one software). Keep OS and everything else up to date, and above all use common sense - don't open e-mails/attachments you are not expecting or from an unknown source, and even then always scan them before opening. Stay away from sites that are known for malware, (porn, illegal file sharing, software "crack" sites, etc.)

I very strongly agree with the original article about keeping any sensitive material on a computer with limited/no internet access. (I say limited because sometimes you may just have to connect in this world.) I would still have it password protected and date encrypted with a strong encryption program. Memorize - don't write down your passwords ... the strongest password in the world is useless if someone can guess or read it.

Remember, always practice safe surfing and you won't have to do this: crybaby NO why? crybaby affraid

Alchemist
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 1alaskan Fri Nov 18, 2011 5:19 pm

A lot of the "being Safe" information is very good.

But to break it down to basics it is simple, USE COMMON SENSE, not sometimes, all the of the time, in all your decisions.

PS, There is no app for Common Sense

Being defeated is often a temporary condition. Giving up is what makes it permanent.
Marilyn Vos Savant

Yesterday would have been better, but today is a good day

Remember as always, JMHO
Rantings from just north of sixty

1alaskan
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by humingbyrd Fri Nov 18, 2011 6:51 pm

Kevind53 wrote:

For what it's worth...

I have been using Linux, Ubuntu Distro for 5 years now! I do not miss Windows at all! If you still have some windows based software that you need to use there are two ways to do that within Linux/Ubuntu. One is with a program called Wine, the better option is to use Virtual Box from Oracle. It is free and allows you install Windows inside of Ubuntu/Linux as a virtual machine. You can install any Microsoft software.

The beautiful part of Ubuntu is that do not need to worry about antivirus, it is not needed!

I will never use Microsoft ever again and have no need for it. One can use Libre Office (also free software) to open and utilize any Office program files!

humingbyrd
humingbyrd
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 1alaskan Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:08 pm

Bruno wrote:What is considered a LOT OF MONEY? I would guess there are people invested in the dinar that could end up multi-multi millionares. At what lower level is all this security more like building a brick wall with gun turrets to protect a Yugo. Is there a dollar level of wealth that this need not be implemented? I'm sure some of it is good at any level of wealth. But some of us are just getting enough to pay the bills, get a car, pay off the mortgage, but will still need to work. Thank you.

That is a good question,

Fo some folks, 100k is alot, for others 100mill is. So each one of us has to use our head, and as I always told my child, Stop and think, before you do anything. As small decisions can become big mistakes.

Last edited by 1alaskan on Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:24 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)

Being defeated is often a temporary condition. Giving up is what makes it permanent.
Marilyn Vos Savant

Remember as always, JMHO

1alaskan
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Alchemist Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:31 pm

Kevinb53 and others feel free to post on the thread, Technorati.

Alchemist
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by SEBtopdog Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:50 pm

1alaskan wrote:
Bruno wrote:What is considered a LOT OF MONEY? I would guess there are people invested in the dinar that could end up multi-multi millionares. At what lower level is all this security more like building a brick wall with gun turrets to protect a Yugo. Is there a dollar level of wealth that this need not be implemented? I'm sure some of it is good at any level of wealth. But some of us are just getting enough to pay the bills, get a car, pay off the mortgage, but will still need to work. Thank you.

That is a good question,

Fo some folks, 100k is alot, for others 100mill is. So each one of use has to use our head, and as I always told my child, Stop and think, before you do anything. As small decisions can become big mistakes.

IMO, it doesn't matter if it's $100,000 or $100 million. If Snydley Whiplash makes off with it, you still end up with $0 !!! Suspect affraid

SEBtopdog
SEBtopdog
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevind53 Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:03 pm

humingbyrd wrote:
Kevind53 wrote:

For what it's worth...

I have been using Linux, Ubuntu Distro for 5 years now! I do not miss Windows at all! If you still have some windows based software that you need to use there are two ways to do that within Linux/Ubuntu. One is with a program called Wine, the better option is to use Virtual Box from Oracle. It is free and allows you install Windows inside of Ubuntu/Linux as a virtual machine. You can install any Microsoft software.

The beautiful part of Ubuntu is that do not need to worry about antivirus, it is not needed!

I will never use Microsoft ever again and have no need for it. One can use Libre Office (also free software) to open and utilize any Office program files!

I will have to look at the Virtual Box, thanks. I am a semi pro photographer and rely heavilly on Photoshop and Lightbox from Adobe. So far I have found nothing that comes close functionality wise. I also use Office quite often, especially Publisher. I have played with open office, but it's just not quite there ... I also do a lot of sound editing with Cubase ... not as vital, since Audacity is also very functional and works well with Linux.

My job is another thing. The settings on the company website I have to access multiple times a day is strictly IE for Windows. I will not work with and other browser, believe me I tried, even IE for Mac which I tried to set up for another agent was rejected. Has to do with security settings at the server level I think.

Kevind53
Kevind53
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by 1alaskan Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:26 pm

SEBtopdog wrote:
1alaskan wrote:

That is a good question,

Fo some folks, 100k is alot, for others 100mill is. So each one of use has to use our head, and as I always told my child, Stop and think, before you do anything. As small decisions can become big mistakes.

IMO, it doesn't matter if it's $100,000 or $100 million. If Snydley Whiplash makes off with it, you still end up with $0 !!! Suspect affraid

You can make it harder for old Snydley, if we just use our heads for something other than hatracks.

Marilyn Vos Savant

Remember as always, JMHO

1alaskan
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Terbo56 Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:36 pm

Well, then I guess we'll have to get some rope 4 'ol Snydley Whiplash!! Terbo:twisted: FIREPROOF - WORDS OF WISDOM 3079029344
Terbo56
Terbo56
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevind53 Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:06 pm

---snip---

That is a good question,

IMO, it doesn't matter if it's $100,000 or $100 million. If Snydley Whiplash makes off with it, you still end up with $0 !!! Suspect affraid [/quote]

You can make it harder for old Snydley, if we just use our heads for something other than hatracks.[/quote]

Good Old Snydley .... always getting beat up by that Dudley Do Right

Twisted Evil shame 👼 duct tape
Kevind53
Kevind53
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Alchemist Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:34 am

"...if we just use our heads for something other than hatracks."

I like that!

Alchemist
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by chargeman Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:15 am

I am not familiar with holding companies. Can someone elaborate as to how to setup a holding company? Is it another bank account or an actual company? Thanks

chargeman

Back to top Go down

Post by Alchemist Wed Nov 23, 2011 7:39 am

If anyone is interested in this sort of structuring, I can send you to a good teleconference. Just pm me.

Alchemist
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by his4evr2c Thu Nov 24, 2011 1:43 am

Very Happy

HIS2BLESS ☀ :flower: :flower: :flower: :flower: :flower:
JESUS take Great DeLight in You and So Do We! Zeph 3:17
his4evr2c
his4evr2c
Forum Fanatic