Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» The Rockefellers and the controllers are freaking out right about now
U.S. Congressman from Maryland I_icon_minitimeToday at 11:16 am by kenlej

» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
U.S. Congressman from Maryland I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
U.S. Congressman from Maryland I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
U.S. Congressman from Maryland I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
U.S. Congressman from Maryland I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
U.S. Congressman from Maryland I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
U.S. Congressman from Maryland I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
U.S. Congressman from Maryland I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
U.S. Congressman from Maryland I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
U.S. Congressman from Maryland I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
U.S. Congressman from Maryland I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
U.S. Congressman from Maryland I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
U.S. Congressman from Maryland I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
U.S. Congressman from Maryland I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
U.S. Congressman from Maryland I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
U.S. Congressman from Maryland I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
U.S. Congressman from Maryland I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
U.S. Congressman from Maryland I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
U.S. Congressman from Maryland I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
U.S. Congressman from Maryland I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

U.S. Congressman from Maryland

+4
Shipleysdonuts
Iolanthe
Duckyboy
arabmoney
8 posters

Go down

U.S. Congressman from Maryland Empty U.S. Congressman from Maryland

Post by arabmoney Wed Jul 20, 2011 5:50 pm

Thanks for the Reply Congressman Hoyer. God Speed

July 20, 2011

Mr. Xxxxxx Xxxxxx

0000 Xxx Xxxxxx Xx

Xxxxxx Xxxxx, MD 20XXX

Dear Mr. Xxxxxx,

Thank you for contacting me about the ongoing negotiations on the debt limit and the fiscal challenges facing our country. I appreciate your taking the time to share your thoughts with me about these issues.

After many years of deficit spending, there is widespread agreement that we must work to balance the federal budget and put America on the path toward fiscal solvency. This was last achieved during the Clinton Administration when pay-as-you-go policies produced four years of budget surpluses and a projected $5.6 trillion, 10-year surplus by 2000. Unfortunately, these gains were reversed during the George W. Bush Administration which advanced significant tax cuts for corporations and upper income individuals, entered into two wars, and enacted a new prescription drug entitlement, all without paying for them. These policies, combined with additional and, in my view, justified deficit spending to lessen the impact of the economic downturn of 2008 and 2009, have put us on an unsustainable fiscal path.

In recent months, Republicans in the House of Representatives have opted to tie this issue to the separate but related issue of raising the debt limit. While many have mistaken raising the debt ceiling for simply allowing Congress to continue future deficit spending, this is not the case. Increasing the debt limit only enables the Federal Government to pay our creditors for the spending that has already taken place. Choosing not to increase the debt limit is not like cutting up our nation's credit cards – it is instead like making the arbitrary decision not to pay our credit card bills. Doing so would force the United States to default on its securities, which would not only cause immediate, and potentially catastrophic, economic instability, but would reduce our country's ability to borrow when faced with future emergencies. In addition, it would directly impact consumers by immediately driving up interest rates on credit cards and auto, home, and education loans. In my view, refusing the raise the debt limit is not an option. Congress has voted to raise the debt limit 10 times since 2001, and it must do so again.

As one who has long argued for more fiscally responsible policies, I firmly believe that we must get our fiscal house in order. I believe the answer is a combination of reduced spending through smart and targeted cuts, and increased revenue, through simplification of the tax code and increased taxes on the wealthiest Americans. On May 23, I gave a speech at the Bipartisan Policy Center, where I laid out my thoughts on what our priorities should be in this process. If you are interested, you may read my speech at www.democraticwhip.gov, under "Speeches." I want to assure you that I am working with my colleagues to find common ground on these difficult issues, and I will keep your thoughts in mind as this process continues over the coming weeks.

Thank you again for sharing your thoughts with me. I encourage you to visit my website at www.hoyer.house.gov. While there, you can sign up for the Hoyer Herald, access my voting record, and find information about important public issues. If I can be of further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me.

With kindest regards, I am

Sincerely yours,

Steny H. Hoyer

About Steny Hoyer| Newsroom | Issues & Legislation | 5th District | Contact Us

NOTE: Please do not respond to this message, as it comes from an outgoing-only email address that cannot accept replies. If you would like to contact me via email, please do so through my website's contact page.

arabmoney

Back to top Go down

U.S. Congressman from Maryland Empty Re: U.S. Congressman from Maryland

Post by Duckyboy Wed Jul 20, 2011 5:58 pm

Steny.... he's and IDIOT and has been there too long! NUFF SAID! By the way, I have met him and was NOT impressed.
Duckyboy
Duckyboy
Forum Fanatic
Forum Fanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by Iolanthe Wed Jul 20, 2011 6:15 pm

Looks like a pre-prepared standard letter for anyone who mentions raising the debt limit. We can all do mail merge :shock:

Iolanthe

Back to top Go down

Post by Shipleysdonuts Wed Jul 20, 2011 6:16 pm

He has the same form letter that they all send to everyone. They are so stupid!!

Shipleysdonuts

Back to top Go down

Post by 1alaskan Wed Jul 20, 2011 6:36 pm

Steny says

Not my fault, not my fault, not my fault, he did it, he did it, he did it,

JMHO
Now is good
North of sixty

1alaskan
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by therostrom Wed Jul 20, 2011 6:41 pm

SAD, how we can actually expect more from these &^%^*() holes than what he said, in a form fill letter. we get what/who we vote for!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

therostrom

Back to top Go down

Post by therostrom Wed Jul 20, 2011 6:43 pm

SPEECHES are FINE, ACTIONS ARE INFINITELY GREATER!!!!!!!!!!!!!
NO ACTIONS, WHO CARES ABOUT THE SPEECH???????

therostrom

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyRoxy Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:08 pm

Actually, there is a graph on Michael Medved's website (www.michaelmedved.com), accompanied by the following note:

"Of the last 5 presidents who was the most careful with the public’s money? These figures from the Office of Management and Budget cover all years of a president's service. By this standard (spending as a percentage of GDP) George W. Bush was the most responsible spender among recent presidents. "

I wish I knew how to copy and past the small graph here, but I don't. But it's still on Medved's website (upper left-hand corner). It's circulating with a couple other articles and will eventually show itself if you give it a minute.
FoxyRoxy
FoxyRoxy
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by whoop-de-do Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:13 pm

Duckyboy wrote:Steny.... he's and IDIOT and has been there too long! NUFF SAID! By the way, I have met him and was NOT impressed.
You are correct-o-mundo. Why does Michelle Bachman say there is plenty of cash in the treasury...no need to raise the ceiling? Amazing the 2 differences of opinion. I do not know enough to even guess.

whoop-de-do

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum